RNRF Reporter Nearly Run Over by FHP Trooper, No Apology from Officials

UPDATE: 5/22/2017, 12:29 P.M. – After meeting with Florida Highway Patrol officials it has been determined that Sgt. Malloy did not engage his dash cam video prior to the incident.

Despite our efforts to request a simple apology from Sgt. Mallow, officials refused and stated, “We do not issue apologies.”

Unfortunately, our only option was to file a formal complaint with the Florida Highway Patrol.

According to Director of Investigations, Randy Snow, “After reviewing your concerns, we have determined that this matter would need to be look into by the Florida Highway Patrol Office of Professional Compliance. Therefore, your complaint was forwarded to the Office of Professional Compliance for review and appropriate handling.”

ORIGINAL REPORT:

RIDGE MANOR – Earlier this afternoon RNRF broke the news of a high-speed pursuit in the area of Cortez Blvd and McKethan , where a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper performed a PIT maneuver to stop the fleeing vehicle. CLICK HERE FOR ORIGINAL REPORT

RNRF remained in the area as dozens of Sheriff’s Deputies and Troopers searched a wooded area on the southwest corner of Cortez Blvd and Treiman Blvd, where they eventually captured the suspect, 36-year-old David Frey. But the story doesn’t end there.

While waiting for updates on the suspect’s capture, I parked the RNRF Dodge Challenger on the south side of Cortez Blvd, just west of the original crash scene. Fire Rescue was on scene, due to a female occupant who decided that she wanted to be transported for evaluation. I was standing at the front of my vehicle video recording paramedics as they brought the victim towards the awaiting ambulance, when I heard the sound of screeching tires approaching my position. Before I had time to put the camera down, I was forced to take a step backwards to avoid being struck by what I thought was an out of control vehicle. Turns out, it was a Florida Highway Patrol Trooper, intentionally trying to intimidate me for unknown reasons.  As the Trooper, later identified as Sgt. Malloy, exited his patrol car, the first thing he said was “Hey brother can you back up?” There was no apology from Sgt. Malloy or explanation as to why he drove recklessly in close proximity to me and my vehicle.

If you look at the diagram below you can see that there was absolutely no reason for the Trooper to maneuver his vehicle in a reckless manor, just inches from my person and the front of my car.

The video clearly shows the roof of the patrol car fly by as I’m taking video of the scene. You may even notice the expressions on two paramedics who also witnessed the incident and appeared to be in shock.

I contacted the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office who advised that I would have to file a complaint with the Florida Highway Patrol, which I did this afternoon. The following is a response from Capt. Anthony Sapp who stated “There was no abuse of power sir, nor a criminal assault. Again, I will be more than glad to watch your video and see how it relates to what I observed…”

Capt. Sapp says he witnessed the incident and minimized what actually occurred.

RNRF has requested that Sgt. Malloy face discipline for his actions but it doesn’t appear that Capt. Sapp will take any action at all.

Comments
  • I AM pretty sure last time I saw you, you were blocking my driveway after I got done working a 13hour shift and you were so clueless that I was even there I had to honk my horn twice to get you to move. This was with the entire road empty.. sometimes we don’t realize our surroundings….

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 7:38 pm
      • Tom you are full of crap why do you delete comments you pick and choose but seems very funny you let the racist comments stay

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 9:48 pm
        • So, Tom. Where’s MY comment that I tried to post the day before yesterday? Oh wait. That’s right. YOU pick and choose WHO has your permission to avail themselves of their 1st Amendment Rights on an open (i.e. PUBLIC) forum. YOUR opinions are all over the place. Not the objective stance one would expect from a “news” source. This isn’t the first time you’ve blocked me. Let’s see if you will grace me today and allow my apparently feeble voice to be heard.

Thursday, 25 May 2017, 4:10 pm
  • I apologize… they are as shady as hernando county sheriff macetelli I wouldn’t anything less from State troopers either not putting on a dash cam seriously???

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 1:03 pm
  • How convienent that Sgt. Malloy did not engage his dash cam video prior to the incident. Are you sure that there wasn’t a video, and it just confirmed my position that you made it out to be more than it was?

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:53 am
  • Ok I asked if you got the dash cam video and question got deleted?

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 8:39 am
  • Did u get the dash cam video?

Monday, 22 May 2017, 9:46 pm
  • Tom needs to get a real job.

Monday, 22 May 2017, 6:18 pm
  • I posted a respectful comment, no profanity, absolutely nothing to violate RNRF “rules”. I only expressed my opinion on this issue………….it differed from Tom’s so ………………….zap, there goes my comment.

Sunday, 21 May 2017, 11:03 am
  • There’s a reason why you dont see real news networks covering stuff like this. This was an invasion into that girls privacy so you could get pageviews for $$$. Maybe FHP is tired of you abusing your right to record police to exploit victims for ad money.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 3:11 pm
      • Great comment Tom.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 7:14 pm
      • Hahahahahahahah

Monday, 22 May 2017, 1:02 pm
    • That’s why I use ad block. No money from me.

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:55 am
  • Lol, Tom didn’t post my comment yesterday either, and it fully complied with rnrf’s policiy.

Tom, you didn’t mention that you had your camera super-zoomed so the car appeared closer than it actually was. Why did you contact HCSO about this if it was an FHP car? The two paramedics absolutely do NOT look like they’re in shock – they are just looking in that direction, there is no kind of expression on either of their faces. And you do not work for any Law Enforcement agency so I’m sure all of Hernando County would appreciate if you would stop driving like you are LE. I saw you make a totally illegal U-turn on 50 and haul butt going back East on 50. You made a couple of cars have to slow down quickly to avoid hitting you, and I am NOT the only person who has seen you drive carelessly trying to get to the scene of an incident. You cannot say that he was trying to ‘intimidate’ you just by that nanosecond video clip of a zoomed-in car rooftop – I would like to see him pass you without the camera being zoomed like it was. Please, please make sure you post the result of this investigation.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 12:15 pm
      • Well true, I wasn’t there, but someone I know was. And I don’t need to see your camera settings to know that whatever setting you had it on made it look like that patrol car was much closer than it actually was. And the faces of the paramedics do NOT looked shocked, they were simply looking in your direction. Hey, if the dashcam shows that that trooper was aiming for you to get really close to you then an apology is in order, but you should have waited until you got the video first, before you started saying that he was trying to intimidate you. AND, I DID witness you make an illegal U-turn on 50 and make cars need to slow down quickly. Just post the video on Monday.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 4:18 pm
          • Lol, I know U-turns are legal, you didn’t cut across a median, and I don’t have a video of you making that U-turn – I was sitting in the Westbound lane, you were in the left turn lane at the red light, and before you got the green turn arrow you made the U-turn, making the cars going Eastbound slow down for you. U-turns aren’t illegal, but going thru a red light is. I’m not offended by you doing your job, it just irritates me, (and a lot of other people), the WAY you do your job. It’s not my place to get someone involved if they don’t want to be, so I will not give anyone’s name. And yes, this is just my opinion. Just be sure to post that FHP dashcam video on Monday so we can see for sure exactly what happened. 🙂

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 11:26 pm
          • Well, It was a while ago and it just totally stuck in my memory because I remember getting so p*ssed at you because you’re supposed to be reporting news, not (almost) causing it.

I see a lot of kudos to you, but I also see just as many, if not more complaints about things you do Tom, some things repeatedly…..don’t you ever pay attention to what people write (the BAD as well as the good)? I honestly do like being able to know what’s going on in my area but I also dislike hearing from people about you sometimes getting too close to an active area, publishing misinformation and sometimes, I don’t know how to word it – sometimes you could do several things in your articles to get the news reported but also save the families a lot of embarrassment until all the facts are in, or until court has been attended, etc., instead of actuating an onslaught of horrible comments to people who are suffering thru some embarrassing “incident”, no matter how deserved it might seem.

I know that all this info is a matter of public record, but actually getting information from Public Records takes some work to which the majority of the population would not go through, but you bring it right to every person easy-peasy. I’ve seen just how devastated some of the families have been in the very early stages of something, that just some little tweaks on your part would make your stories more professional while also allowing parties involved to keep a modicum of privacy. You could HELP the people involved, instead of
            starting some of these horrible strings of the public being absolutely hateful, and the poor families involved seeing all the hate.

I don’t know Tom, I may be just using up oxygen (or actually just my time with typing). but a lot of times I wish you’d think about the people involved when you do your reporting. You have so much power in your possession, and 9 times out of 10 all I see and feel after reading your articles is nothing but hate and disunity.

So anyway, I look forward to seeing that video tomorrow!!

PS. Seriously consider getting a proofreader for your articles too. I know you’re always busy but it also helps to make you look more professional 🙂

Sunday, 21 May 2017, 10:45 am
  • These state troopers in this area think they are above the law. I once worked for DCF as a child abuse investigator and was responding to an emergency report sent to me from Tallahassee. I was doing 60 on 41 which speed limit is 55. I was pulled over, I explained and gave them the report about a child in danger. His response was to me, “I don’t care, it’s not my child” gave me a ticket and made me late to a abuse investigation. I had to contact the sheriffs office so they can get there before me to ensure the safety of the child which In fact was in true danger. They are way to cocky and think they are above the law, then they wonder why they get no respect….gosh I wonder why….maybe because they don’t give it. Good for you Tom go get them and take it as far as possible. They can shove the apology at this point, go for the jugular.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 8:45 pm
    • You should have contacted the Sheriff’s office first to begin with. Even in that situation, you do not have the right to put other people, and other children in danger. You still have to obey the traffic laws like everyone else. Furthermore, I highly doubt the Trooper said he didn’t care it wasn’t his child.

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:46 am
  • Dash cammmm!!!!

Friday, 19 May 2017, 5:23 pm
  • I agree about a bunch of stupid comments bashing Tom Lemons. He is doing a fine job. If you don’t like Tom or his news website, stop looking him up everyday! Yesterday he just happened to get on the radar of an arrogant FL State Trooper with a bad attitude. Tom, I’m on your side and appreciate what you do here.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 4:43 pm
  • lets all stop making excuses for bad behavior, he needs to be held accountabilty for his actions. He sounds like the same trooper that I encountered and he was a jerk to me for no reason. That was a close call keep persuing it Tom.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 4:04 pm
  • What a bunch of stupid comments about how you shouldn’t be there. The problem is the FHP officer was flexing his oh so powerful muscles. There was no reason for him to do what he did except to show his ego and arrogance with no respect for safety. I would get video witness statements and go for the jugular on this one. He didn’t even get close to the real action. If he was there to help the other officers, he should have gotten closer to the action instead of harassing you and endangering your life.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 2:35 pm
  • Probably The same azzhat trooper who let the kid who smashed into my driveway parked truck leave the scene instead of searching him for drinking or drugs, because when I pulled up from My motorcycle ride to this mess, he disiplined me for having color changing lights on my bike. If they don’t like something about you or whatever they give you bull

Friday, 19 May 2017, 1:25 pm
  • I watched the video multiple times and heard no screeching tires as you stated, and if the officer had sped by you so fast and turned sharply in front of you as you said happened then there would be tire marks around the troopers tires where they dug into the dirt. But, there is none. I think you were just zoomed in on the action you were recording and as the car went past your lens you thought it was closer than it appeared. That’s all I saw. Then the look on the Paramedics face could be the result of you crying out as the car passed. So, I see no need for an apology from the trooper.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 1:22 pm
    • @Kingdom….I agree with you, I also never heard screeching tires in the video..
      It also looked to me that the paramedics was looking because of Tom crying out…
      I also think Tom “was just zoomed in on the action” thinking it was closer than it really was.
      However, to be fair, I do think Tom believes what he says though, in all honesty..

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 12:59 pm
        • Are you watching your own video? I support what you do. Honestly, I do. But, in this instance you are wrong. I have watched the video several times and the paramedic did not react until you cried out. Again, I say you were zoomed in and not paying attention to your position and when the car went passed, without screaching tires, you were startled and reacted, which is understandable. However, the officer could not physically park his car the way it was in the video and not produce tire gouges in the ground. If he had rushed by you so quickly and turned so sharply just in front of you, there would be mounds of dirt pushed towards the left side of the vehicles tires since the ground is so dry. But, this is not present, which shows a controled stop. Again, I support what you do, but I think you are making more out of the situation than was actually there. I hope you post the dashcam video. But, I feel it will show you that you misjudged the situation and may not post it.

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:39 am
  • What’s up Tom? You only print the comments that you like? Are you not MAN enough to print my first comment this morning? There was no bad language, just an opposing opinion.
    If you are that slanted in your reporting I can see why the news channels said you were not qualified to work for them!! Either step up to the plate or get off the field!! The more people that get THEIR freedom of speech insulted
    like you are doing, the word spreads, advertising stops and yet another job you couldn’t handle !! KMA

Friday, 19 May 2017, 12:46 pm
    • yeah he keeps deleting mine too. he’s like fox news for this area.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 4:39 pm
        • Tom, you are a LIAR. You also deleted my comment and it was not an attack or cursing!
          You are very biased in your so called reporting. We have seen your biased reporting many many times.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 12:35 pm
          • What happened to FREEDOM OF SPEECH, Tom? Does that only pertain to you?1??

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 12:39 pm
          • I did NOT VIOLATE any comment policy!!!!!!!!!!!!
            I made NO threats. I did NOT use profanity. And I did NOT attack anyone!
            So STOP insinuating that I broke the rules!!!

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 4:05 pm
      • You mean CNN.

Monday, 22 May 2017, 6:09 pm
    • Don’t feel bad he deleted mine from last night. He only keeps the comment he likes and delete the ones he don’t.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 9:23 pm
  • stuff going on here. 2.5 hours after accident. Looks as if trooper had 2 Free lanes to travel. Look into protocol if trooper had his emergency lights on prior to coming up to you tom. When lights are activated its all recorded. If he he turned on his lights within sight of you and not when he started his travel to his call I would say he meant to hit you.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 12:13 pm
  • Third paragraph states Tom was filming paramedics when he heard sound of tires and didn’t have time to put camera down. There’s the reason video is not perfect. Maybe FHP can call him in advance next time so he can set up for a better video for all of you. I too would have been more interested in protecting my life than getting better video. It’s the smart thing to do. Maybe Tom needs to equip his vehicle with cameras all around so he’ll have better coverage of stupid moves by leo for all you folks bashing him and his videos.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 9:24 am
  • Bethy, he did post your comment about the chase, Original article, very 1st comment. Have a nice day.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 8:51 am
  • Sorry that evryone is blasting you, Tom. The diagram clearly shows that you were not interfering in any way. He was just being an ass to show his authority. I am on your side. Thank you for the great job you do every day to keep us all informed.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 6:28 am
  • Tom:
    I am sorry you had to experience this scare. The video is not good and it’s difficult to see what happened. I do believe you as it’s not a stretch to imagine a moron with a badge in Hernando County potentially hurting or killing an innocent bystander. However, I wonder why your buddies at the most crooked law enforcement agency in Florida the HCSO wouldn’t help.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 6:26 am
  • If you would have printed my response yesterday about the aggressiveness of FHP in there pursuit policy and endangering the public, I could have supported you. The cops have guns and always are shown saying show me your hands. The bad guys than run and only the skinny c ops have a chance of catching them. Leave the guns at home and practice yelling show me your hands.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 4:02 am
    • For real you keep deleting my comments for no reason.If you are wanting a apology go to someone over them. Don’t take it to your news site. Your just making police look like they are all bad people. Next time invest in a dash cam. You do know that the trooper may have a dash cam. I wonder what it looks like on his side of the camera.

Saturday, 20 May 2017, 1:11 am
  • If you choose this “profession ” deal with the consequences and stop blaming the police and feeling you deserve an apology. Your a bystander nosing around where you don’t belong. It’s not your constitutional right to get in the way.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 12:15 am
    • …a bystander nosing around where you don’t belong…um…he’s a reporter…um…reporting.

(It was you, Bob, wasn’t it?) It’s not a police officer’s constitutional right – nor their duty – to bully and intimidate. They’re hired to serve and protect.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 9:02 am
  • I believe Tom. For Taxation is theft, HCSO DOES attempt to intimidate people also. You must be a friend of theirs. I have first hand experience of their intimidation methods. Tom is doing a great job trying to keep us all informed and he would not endanger himself unnecessarily by jumping into middle of active crime scene. ALL LEO BELIEVE THEY ARE ABOVE THE LAWS WE THE PEOPLE ARE FORCED TO ABIDE BY. THEY SHOULD BE HELD TO SAME STANDARDS.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 11:00 pm
  • Tom just call his Master Sergeant and tell him the story

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 10:51 pm
  • You should file a formal complaint in person at an FHP station and demand an internal affairs inquiry. I had a situation where I filed a complaint against a Hernando deputy and went through the same process.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 10:35 pm
  • Tom, I am glad you are okay, don’t understand why 2 hrs later he would HAVE to race to the scene. LO, as for your post re: writing tickets to first responders WHILE GOING TO AND FROM WORK, If they aren’t on DUTY, they are supposed to follow the same laws that we as citizens are, Period. They can’t speed etc while off duty, unless the laws are different here in good Ole Florida .btw HOW DO YOU KNOW THEY WERE NOT ON DUTY? I have never seen a sign on their vehicles that says on duty, off duty. Silly comment.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 10:33 pm
  • Tom you work around law enforcement, given situation and circumstance such as no property damage, no injuries, etc. you and I both know the extent of what will occur out of the incident..

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 10:17 pm
  • Tom, you need to get a body cam as well as your handheld. I am sure the FHP have dash cams. It is your right to see it. Lets get it and post it. He also has a body cam and you can ask to see that as well. It most likely will have his voice on it talking to himself as he tries to intimidate you.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 10:12 pm
  • Damn what’s with all the Tom attacks y’all weren’t there so chill out and just read what he spent his time producing if you don’t like it find another source

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:52 pm
  • tom , I hope justice is served to this officer!!!
    they are not above the law, they commit more crimes than the people they arrest!!!!

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:46 pm
  • is that a diagram from an unbiased source? and the video shows a subtle off white flash.. hardly video evidence of someone veering to close. regardless of whether you are right or wrong you have nothing that would be considered substantial evidence in court. sorry but you should be more aware of your surroundings because someone else fault,or not, you’d still be pretty banged up or dead.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:24 pm
  • 😂😭

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:21 pm
  • Unfortunately the FHP don’t care about anybody but themselves. I know on many occasions that they have written tickets to many first responders in their uniform either coming home from work or going to work. I’m really disappointed and I’m sorry to hear that Tom.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:14 pm
  • Look, I understand the desire to support the police, but the FHP has a lot of loose cannons who like to intimidate people. It should make us appreciate the HCSO, they are one of the most professional law enforcement entities that I’ve ever dealt with. I had a patrolman intimidate me in a similar manner in Orlando and I wasn’t even the person he was citing. He made a motion to his taser like he was going to taze me, and I was a bystander! FHP could learn a thing or two from the HCSO.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:02 pm
  • Tom your in the right here.. Keep up the good work… And good luck fighting this cause the law just isn’t on your side….

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:48 pm
      • Ya , good luck Tom!
        By the way, if the cops knock u off , can I have UR boat? ( If u have one )

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:52 pm
  • Tom, I’m sure you do a good job. But sometimes …100 mph pursuit, fleeing​ suspect, adrenaline, maybe your car or your people were impeding the scene. Maybe. Relax and be happy the didn’t kill you.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:20 pm
  • Maybe stand completely out of the way of an investigation and it wont happen.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:12 pm
      • Yes but U wrote the story, shot the. Video, & drew the diagram, Tom. And those r the cops. U of ALL people should know how the cops really work. Keep playing with them & u’ll get a surprise visit in the middle of the night. I’ve heard the stories. They don’t want u filming them in case they do something dirty ( which they ALWAYS do!)U should know all this tom

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:47 pm
      • You need to call fhp in tallahassee..the colonel call..and now make a complaint against the captain and,the,sgt…the captain will be,wrote up as well for covering it.Im retired from law enf and please follow up on this,story…make ur complaint on an official complaint form..dont do it verbally..also u can demand an internal affair complaint…tampa is the closest main hub fhp office..do an official internal affairs investigation

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 11:02 pm
      • Tom i like your site but welcome to our world glad he didnt get ya

Friday, 19 May 2017, 7:11 am
    • Thats like telling Geraldo to stay out of the safe…. Thats what Tom does and has right so im with Tom good luck…

Friday, 19 May 2017, 7:14 am
  • Not for nothing, Tom, but this video is really difficult to see exactly how everything transpires. I’ve worked with sheriff deputies in the past for 7 years. I’ve seen the egos of FHP, they are huge. Pursue this, if you can. If he was as out of line as you say, then he needs a write-up.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:10 pm
  • They are above it! We would be charged with assault w a deadly weapon or wreakless driving but they can do what they want when they want and how they want. What about his dash cam or was it not working???? It would show how close he was to u and probably recorded what he said at the same time. Ge the tape tom before it’s erased!!!! Ps what ever happened with the veteran that was shot by the hernando county sheriffs …. you remember the man in a wheelchair?

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:10 pm
  • Shouldnt been so close

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 7:58 pm
      • I know there is a law that you have to move over a lane for emergency vehicles and tow trucks on the side of the road, or reduce your speed. Is there one for reporters? Out of safety concerns, I move over when ever I see a car or person on the side of the highway.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 6:47 am
    • You know using a camera makes it look closer to the scene than he actually is. Im sure he had a zoom while reporting the Ambulance and stuff. Bc it looked like the car was all up in Toms Grill.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 2:51 pm
  • Sorry Tom, with the liner worker and you have to take chances in order to get the news. But being that close to the ambulance and other county vehicles was probably not a wise move. If you were in the roadway I’m afraid you were at fault. Not only do you need to do your job, you need to take attention to your surroundings. It would be different if you were in the median and he drove that close, but from what I could say you were in the roadway.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 7:52 pm
      • Your diagram only gives your opinion of what you believe happened. If the video had shown more of the car and how close he pulled up to you it would be a bit different. All we can see is the top of its roof really. As far as witnesses, would any of them be willing to write up statements for you to prove to the troopers superiors? If not then they’ll do nothing at all.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:17 pm
      • You need to file a complaint with internal affairs for both patrol his supervisor and him watch how fast it gets taken care of.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 9:40 pm
      • Tom, Thank God you didn’t get hit! That trooper didn’t have to stop that close to you..A few feet further up wouldn’t have hurt him. He needs to think of what he almost did and Thank God it didn’t happen and be careful in the future. Good reporting Tom! 🙂

Friday, 19 May 2017, 3:23 am
  • of course they will do nothing to the officer, they don’t want you there.

now if i did that too the officer I’d be in jail, my car impounded and charged with a felony of attempted murder of a LOE.

what’s wrong with this picture?

unfortunately your video don’t prove nothing

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 7:34 pm
      • Go get’em Tom.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 7:53 pm
        • Tom….. really? They are searching for an unsearched fleeing felon!!! Look at it from an unbiased view, maybe you were too close? Why be right in the way? The guy could pop out anywhere? Then you want the police? Do you know if the guy had a gun? Maybe you should apologize?

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:48 pm
          • I concur!!!

Friday, 19 May 2017, 11:48 am
          • Tom Lemons, I think you are overreacting to the situation.

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:30 am
      • I don’t understand why some police officers can get away with as much as they do and not face discipline. Many times I see them fly right past me, speeding, no lights. What gives!?

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:02 pm
      • I never post on here and i hate the way people slam you for getting the stories but in all honesty they were probably just trying to keep you safe. You are standing on the side of a highway looking into a camera. I race my car at local events and we always use spotters for anyone soing video or taking shots because anything can happen. I would let it go and keep the professional relationship in tact Tom.

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 8:09 pm
      • Im calling fhp in tallahassee tomorrow and having an official internal affairs complaint..save,the video tom…ill email you..as a xitizen im demanding this trooper be wrote up and suspended as he works for me..

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 11:08 pm
        • LMAO – let me know how that works out for ya!!

Monday, 22 May 2017, 3:15 pm
        • Good luck with that. I’m sure your opinion is highly sought after by internal affairs, and your demands will scare them into action. LOL

Tuesday, 23 May 2017, 11:51 am
    • Good for you the state highway patrolman think they are Untouchable and are out of control and very Reckless I am glad someone is making them held accountable for their actions

Thursday, 18 May 2017, 7:44 pm
    • I believe you meant to say “doesn’t prove anything”. If this so happened to be your mother or child, I’m pretty sure you would have a different stance.

Friday, 19 May 2017, 10:54 am
    • I can’t stand some of these cocky ads cops!

Friday, 19 May 2017, 1:35 pm