; ;

3-Year-Old Girl Brutally Beaten and Starved May Not Survive, Couple Charged with Child Abuse

UPDATE: 3:02 P.M. – Officials now say that the mother and boyfriend are both charged with Child Abuse. According to officials, Kimberly Lashawn Bedwell, 28, and Eric Latrone Sanders, 26, were originally charged on January 25th. On Friday, Sanders was booked on additional child abuse charges. Information regarding the mother’s arrest was not included in a media release provided by officials this morning.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

HUDSON (PASCO) – A 3-year-old girl is clinging to life today after officials say she was viciously beaten and deprived of food and water for over two months.

According to reports, on January 17th the victim was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital after she was found unresponsive and with serious injuries to her head and body. Upon further examination, the little girl appeared to be malnourished and dehydrated to the point that her bones were visible through the skin. The victim was found to have a subdural hematoma (Brain Bleed) and damage to her liver. Due to her extensive injuries she was airlifted to All Children’s Hospital in St. Petersburg for more specialized pediatric care. Doctors say her injuries are so severe that she may not survive.

Officials say the man suspected of committing the abuse, 26-year-old Eric Latrone Sanders, denies hurting the child and says they were playing together but doesn’t know how she was injured.

According to the victim’s mother, Sanders began abusing her daughter around November 1st of 2016. She claims Sanders would kick, punch, and “maliciously” whip the victim with a belt numerous times. She further explained that Sanders’ abuse was the result of the child peeing herself, stating “Because diapers cost too much – the victim should learn not to pee herself.”

Investigators say on January 17th Sanders kicked the victim in the back, grabbed her by the throat, picked her up over his head, and body slammed her to the floor.

On Friday detectives arrested Sanders and charged him with Aggravated Child abuse. He is currently held on a $53,000 bond, according to an arrest affidavit provided by officials; however, the Pasco County Sheriff’s website lists the bond at a total of $115,000.

The investigation continues.

sanders

bedwell

Comments
  • I asked RNRF about updates on the child’s condition. No one is releasing information. Since she is a minor, everyone’s hands are tied. We won’t know anymore until a parent or guardian speaks out, or she dies. Only then can her condition be made public again.

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 7:20 pm
  • Folks,weather bonded out or not.These pos’ aren’t going to be safe. Either the inmates,or the public,will have a field day with their ! And I hope somehow a video will be uploaded?

Thursday, 9 February 2017, 5:25 pm
  • Still praying and hoping for the best.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 6:34 pm
  • As for u dates on child’s condition, I doubt at this point we are going to get one, sorry Tom, like reading a book and the ending is missing. Whatever, hope and pray the child survives and lives to go to a loving famiky.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 11:03 am
  • Are there any updates on this little girls condition? Has anyone stepped forward to take care of her?

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 9:24 am
  • Ship these 2 to iraq to be refugee’s, hopefully they will be beaten and beheaded!! Makes me sick to my stomach!

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 11:02 pm
  • this is terrible and awful this stuff happens. this is probably one case of thousands happening right now. I felt ill to even read this story. this is beyond horrible. torturing small children over and over is beyond disgusting. there should never be a bond for these crimes. Bring back the bird cages, public shackles and chain gangs. We have gotten so weak on violent criminals. I guarantee you would be hard pressed to find a single person in the area that has sympathy for his actions. Now he gets free food medical free shelter free clothing etc all at the law abiding tax payers expense. Our system fails in these circumstances.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 9:07 pm
  • Can we beat them as bad as they did that little girl?

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 9:07 pm
  • Yes, please – updates on how she is.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 6:43 pm
  • Tom, are there any updates on the condition of this poor child?? Thank you.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:06 am
  • They should kill both of them as a taxpayer I don’t want to pay for 3 hots and a cot for disgusting pile of garbage like that I hope.they die a painful death and soon!

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 8:35 am
  • Do it ELS! My Neighbors are in Their Upper 60’s Raising a 5 Year Old! That Ni**er Loving Whore Will Get That Baby Back After all The Court Hearing or Some Other POS in Her Family Will. Bring Back Public Hanging!!!!!!!!!

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 8:19 am
    • i’ve noticed that so much around here and they act like its ‘nothing’. i’m around that same age and ill be damned after raising my own rugrats i’ll raise my GC too.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:16 am
  • I wonder if this white trash ho is somehow releated to the other piece of s&%# Bedwell who was on the news a few years ago whose boyfriend threw the baby out the car window and killed him..wouldn’t surprise me

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 8:00 am
  • Half black lives matter.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 6:49 am
  • ICEPICK IN THE LEFT EAR FOR BOTH !

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 6:43 am
  • Sadistic pigs…may God have mercy on their sick pathetic souls.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 2:56 am
  • Nothing but two animals. that should have the same thing done to them

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 1:01 am
  • Wishing I was 30 or 40 years younger because I would fight to adopt this child & give her a lifetime of LOVE & CARING. It would be a pleasure to watch her grow, learn & become a worthwhile human. To instill the fact she could become a nurse, doctor, loving mother or whatever would be a joy.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 11:54 pm
    • large oak tree,
      Is what they need to haing from.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 6:55 am
  • Call me what you want, but i yearn for the good old days when these two would be escorted out of the courthouse to visit the large oak tree.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 10:02 pm
  • Need to be in jail in general population and let them all know…but personally should not exsist at this point. Shes just as guilty as he is. I pray the girl makes it and has a happy life with a good family. Too many sick ass people in ths world….just so sad

Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:51 pm
  • Its very sad for that poor inasent baby, I used to date Eric and he would beat on me to the point where I couldn’t breath. I left him while he was out job searching it was my only way out of hell with him. I hope he dose life. POS sorry excuse of life there.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:32 pm
    • If 500 of us stormed the jail, dragged these two out and hung them, would anyone interfere?

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 7:43 am
  • Where is the little girl’s father??

Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:24 pm
  • this so sad ?…. God tells us to pray for our enemies as well as our brothers and sisters in faith…. I am praying for this little girl… praying for these two people too… not sure where to start with them…. forgiveness is not always easy…. dear God please let your angel live and be the light of the world…. let your love shine through her…. may she find loving people to care for her…. and Father I’m praying for these people that did not protect her and cause her great bodily harm… let your will be done Father…. I ask this in your precious name Jesus… amen and amen

Monday, 6 February 2017, 8:29 pm
    • I agree with you Staying Humble, Amen

Monday, 6 February 2017, 8:46 pm
  • Where the freak is his mom who raised him if he did it ..she might have done it herself dont lesser her bond because she said she watched him do it same punishment attempted murder thats sick when they could just given the lil baby away im highly upset

Monday, 6 February 2017, 6:04 pm
  • I know let him out and tell us where he is no one will know beating is to
    Good for him and her both

Monday, 6 February 2017, 5:48 pm
  • Bedwell also faces a charge of child neglect with serious injury. She was released from jail Thursday after posting $10,000 bail.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 5:39 pm
  • Jesus wept. News items like this make one want to give up on humanity.But then, the perps aren’t human though,are they? This is a clear message to all of the good girls out there…steer clear of these animals.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 5:28 pm
  • And there it is in “black and white”. Who woulda guessed? NASTY!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 5:19 pm
  • Tom let me have 5 minutes with them both i dont know what to say dirtbags that should not get out of jail its disgusting

Monday, 6 February 2017, 4:36 pm
  • WHO discovered this poor child, did neighbors report something or was she taken to the hospital by these pieces of crap, or did so called mother from hell call 911?? This is sick and EVIL, need more info as to how and who reported, if someone knows. Otherwise makes no sense to me and my husband. How could something go on that long without someone knowing. I pray for the poor child and may these two BURN IN THE FIERY PITS OF HELL AND ANY OTHER PERSON THAT KNEW AND DIDN’T REPORT!!!! EVIL EVIL EVIL.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 4:20 pm
    • The 4 of them were staying in a room at a couples home.Not sure about complete story,but there are prior incidents involving this morher.Including the death of a 4 month old boy thrown from a car.

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 3:55 am
  • Yep, you got it: hangem both and than shootem. These pieces of sh*t do not deserve to breath.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 4:06 pm
  • Mom & boyfriend BOTH need to learn how to properly raise a child. Since they can’t learn she is a living, breathing HUMAN, THEY SHOULD BE PUT IN JAIL & WATER & FOOD WITHHELD WHILE INMATES BEAT, TORTURE, CHOKE & BODY SLAM THEM. If this beautiful baby survives DO NOT RETURN HER TO ANYONE FROM THESE TWO FAMILIES. THIS BABY DESERVES A TOTALLY DIFFERENT FAMILY DYNAMIC NOT ASSOCIATED WITH MOM & BOYFRIEND OR THEIR FAMILIES.
    My heart & prayers go out to God & this child. God help her survive & heal & thrive. Then help place her in a loving, caring home FOREVER, GOD.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:36 pm
    • AMEN

Monday, 6 February 2017, 4:00 pm
  • Prayers For This Child I Pray that You survive and thrive to be a wonderful Young Lady… that may one day become a Judge herself and put people away on a island where they have no food and water and are treated the same way they treated herby other Monsters living on the same island….Poor defenseless Child……Poor Child….

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:18 pm
  • Leave him in a room without food or water, he’ll scream all about his ‘rights’. Where were this toddler’s right?

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:12 pm
  • That poor little girl!!!
    I can’t vocalize what I would like to do to both of those “adults” because I’d probably be charged with a crime!!
    God’s strength, baby girl!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:59 pm
  • He and her mother should be both put under the jail. On my life he would have not survived the first time he put his hands on my child. I pray this innocent child makes it.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:53 pm
  • This is disgusting that poor child and her own mother did nothing to protect her. They both need to be charged and no way in hell should he get out

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:42 pm
    • UPDATE: 3:02 P.M. – Officials now say that the mother and boyfriend are both charged with Aggravated Child Neglect. According to officials, Kimberly Lashawn Bedwell, 28, and Eric Latrone Sanders, 26, were originally charged on January 25th. On Friday, Sanders was booked on additional child abuse charges. Information regarding the mother’s arrest was not included in a media release provided by officials this morning.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:59 pm
  • This is SO sick! Babies don’t ask to be brought into this crazy world so if you can’t afford diapers or the patience to properly train your child then DO NOT have one!!!! They deserve love and to feel protected. Shame on this so called “mother” for allowing this man to harm this poor girl. Praying so hard for this little girl!!! I hope she survives and she never has to see either one of these animals again!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:36 pm
  • He is disgusting….they should send him to prison

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:34 pm
  • And and I’m sorry? 53k bond. Wtf?

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:32 pm
  • For the love of God what is wrong with people? This is a poor child who is defenseless. Both adults should be put under the jail.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:31 pm
  • They both should be in jail. Put them in gen pop and let jail house justice handle it. This is discusting!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:30 pm

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:52 pm
    • In jail?? Too good for them both. Under the jail is more like it!!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:57 pm
  • So you let a man beat your kid and they don’t know if she is going to face charges because she told police what he was doing? Get the fuck outta here. I personally can’t wait to see this mother on the streets.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:28 pm
    • u and I both.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 6:39 pm
  • Are you kidding me? $53,000 bond!!!! There should be no bond…period!!! And why isnt her mother in jail….she allowed this to happen. She is as much at fault as that moster is!

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:26 pm
    • totally agree……she admitted to knowing as far back as November. She should be held just as responsible, after all, it is her child

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:37 pm

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:48 pm
  • AND “mom” needs to be charged too, since she knew it was happening.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:26 pm

Monday, 6 February 2017, 3:47 pm
      • Typical black asswipe coward and a white trash pig having offspring. Hopefully that poor little girl recovers and never remember what she survived. Hang both of them.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 6:54 pm
        • u took my pen name – from yiur comment I can see why

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 10:10 am

Monday, 6 February 2017, 5:40 pm
  • Typical, bet he is scared to try that with a grown man. I’d be happy to step up. He doesn’t deserve to be breathing.

Monday, 6 February 2017, 2:24 pm
    • Its heart breaking, give the child up if you cant stand her, they should give them both the death penalty

Monday, 6 February 2017, 9:52 pm
      • I agree 100%. They are both low scumbags if these allegations are true

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 4:54 am
      • They wouldn’t get welfare then if they gave her up.

Thursday, 30 March 2017, 8:32 am
    • Neither does she for knowingly allowing that to happen to her child. She should have never gotten bail…………she’s as guilty as he is and I would love to get my hands on her for about 10 minutes.

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 2:37 pm
      • I know a stupid mother like that. One that turns her cheek. Burn

Tuesday, 7 February 2017, 5:53 pm
    • I can,t believe a Mom would allow this she should be in jail no bail hope the little girl makes it so sad

Wednesday, 8 February 2017, 9:06 pm