3-Year Old Run Over at Local Park – Airlifted to Trauma Center – UDPATE

SPRING HILL – A 3-year-old child was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa this evening, after he was run over by a car at Delta Woods Park, located on Deltona Blvd.

There are unconfirmed reports that the child sustained an open femur fracture but his exact condition is unknown at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is en route to investigate the cause of the accident.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: 8/24/2015, 10:47 PM – According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the injured child was standing outside of a parked 1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee next to the driver’s side door. Another child, approximately 8 years old, was sitting in the driver’s seat while the vehicle was running.

An adult was loading the vehicle from the passenger side, when for reasons unknown, the vehicle slipped into Neutral and began to roll backwards.

The victim fell to the ground and the front left wheel of the vehicle ran over his right leg.

Upon further investigation, it was determined that the shifter can be moved in and out without stepping on the brake.

There are unconfirmed reports on social media that the child did not sustain significant injury as previously reported.

The child’s condition remains unknown.

1231 1232 12233

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Praying for everyone involved!

Sunday, 30 August 2015, 9:02 pm
  • You people need to get a life…..Least the kid is still here and
    has a life to live….You people are a joke and need to get a life! God bless the family and child!!!!

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 2:41 pm
  • Female spring hill talkers will be riled up….lol….u t a jork hull du u no u waznt deer sheez a frend and a mum whoo luvs there kidz sew b shut ur muth…..

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 12:33 am
  • Accident? Stupidity more like it…WHO the f puts a child IN the drivers seat while the vehicle is running and allows a 2/3yr old RUN around….dah…strap the kids in….then get in and start the vehicle….must be democrats…OR part of the entitlement crowd who don’t have any COMMON SENSE and its someone else’s fault all the time….

Thursday, 27 August 2015, 12:27 am
  • All you people that were not there need to shut the f**k up
    I was there

This lil boy is like my own grandson
    He has a wonderful caring family
    And the babysitter is great with him
    Accidents happen
    Run the babysitter over????
    I pray none of you negative judgemental a******s never face a tragic ACCIDENT
    Dont be so quick to judge,,anything can happen at the blink of an eye
    Know facts before you speak

Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 8:12 am
  • PLAYGROUND WITH KIDS RUNNING ALL OVER THE PARKING LOT WHICK IT OUT OF HAND. BLESS THIS FAMILY SO SORRY.

Tuesday, 25 August 2015, 7:24 am
  • I’m the mother and no none should do anything but stay out of my business I’m a damn good mother accidents happen it wasn’t a toddler inside the car first off the boy was 8 and my son is 2 not three and anything negative u have to say u can say it in hell where u belong my poor f****g son has stitches and a god damn tube hanging out of his leg and instead of being decent people u wanna try n blame someone no how about ask if the child needs anything have feelings and MY babysitter was right there she did everything she could have I don’t blame anyone s**t happens.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 5:28 pm
  • I agree with Logic..L Hall..and localemployee..but yes praying for this child too..

Monday, 24 August 2015, 5:26 pm
  • logic- that is a misnomer if ever there was one. You have very little in the way of factual information, so just give it a rest. Same to the rest who rush to judgment.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 5:17 pm
  • Someone should run over the babysitter. Twice.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 3:30 pm
  • Instead of opinions and judgments, can the negative people just say prayers for the family. This is a wonderful child with a very loving family. Can you imagine how they have been feeling during this time? Horrible accidents happen to good, careful, and fantastic people. Be thankful it did not happen to you and say a prayer. Why would people rather focus on what went wrong, how it went wrong, and trying to place blame. Send love! Give you children hugs and thank the Lord for his many blessings. Let’s not make a sad situation even worse. And all the arguing and swearing does just that. Put yourselves in the shoes of this mother, or the babysitter, or better yet the poor child and think before you have something to say. How would you want to be treated after an ACCIDENT!

Monday, 24 August 2015, 11:52 am
  • The babysitter was right next to the car Jackie Says so for the car to roll it must have been on and what was a toddler doing in the car to make it roll. People these are little humans you actually have to watch them, not talk on the phone or gossip with your friends you have to watch them, especially in a car with the motor running

Monday, 24 August 2015, 10:42 am
  • Just pray the little guy is ok…

Monday, 24 August 2015, 8:10 am
  • My prayers are with this precious child and his family.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 6:51 am
  • Others really need to keep their negative opinions to themself. Accidents do happen… Don’t be so quick to blame the parent. No mother or father would ever want this to happen to their child. He is expected to make a speedy recovery and there are no broken bones. He is a tough little man! Please keep him and family in your prayers as this is still a rough time.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 5:53 am
  • Okay first of All let my just say the child is not 3 years old hE is 2 & The child did Not just get In the seaT and run the child over, the babysitteR was rigHt next to the car whEn it started rolling! This was An accident &I people need tO ShUt the fck up if yoU don’t know correct information! I been here with him, he is fine just Scraps And stitches. God was with us.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 12:38 am
  • Me and my friend Both witnessed It and are just hoping if that little Guy is gonna be okay, we were really worried and praying a extra lot for the family tonight.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 11:39 pm
  • A child should NOT have been able to be around a running car for this to have happened. None the less, I feel sorry for ALL that were involved. Especially the mother of this child as she was not present. From what I hear this family has had a few tragic incidents recently… Keeping your family in my prayers…

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 10:53 pm
  • I grew up going to this park and I was glad to take my own children too . Although I always hated how close the playground was to the parking lot along with the angle of the parking spots . Too many blind spots. Poor baby. Accidents do happen .

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 10:02 pm
  • I was present when this accident happened it was no ones fault it was a complete accident and the people with the kids were right there so some people need to stop and find out the truth prayers for the boy family and people involved

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 9:28 pm
  • He is fine and in recovery keep the prayers coming

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 9:08 pm
  • Jana rae its not a problem. Im really good friends with the family of the 3 yr old and im not gonna let people bad mouth his mother when it wasnt her fault! Some things just are an accident and its doesnt mean its automatically the parents fault. I have a 2 yr old and i can try and protect her as.much as i can and shes still gonna end up with bumps and bruises things just happen sometimes.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 8:46 pm
    • You are right Nicole. Accidents do happen and people do jump to conclusions….I feel for that poor little boy, but I also feel for the mom !! I know I would be a basket case. Praying for a speedy recovery for the whole family….

Monday, 24 August 2015, 6:05 pm
  • Sending prayers!

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 8:39 pm
  • As far as todays accident – my thoughts and prayers are with the family of this toddler today. I hope the baby will be okay and it really doesn’t matter how it happened, I hope he/she returns home to the parents.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 8:19 pm
  • No books – the boy hit on the bike is ok. Stayed at hospital for observation for 2 days – major road rash, a swollen ankle, and sore. Also scared to sleep. Of all things, he wanted to be in attendance in classes on Monday. (Assuming that is what you were referring to about “the weather. “)

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 8:18 pm
    • Yes, last week weather was so bad,that child had to go by ground transport due to weather, so glad he’s ok now.wishing both a get well.

Monday, 24 August 2015, 7:47 am
  • Thank you “a friend of a friend and Nicole that’s what I posted before everyone is so quick to blame the parents and yes it is a tragic accident. PRAYERS to all involved .

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 8:06 pm
  • Poor baby. Praying for a speedy recovery.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 7:57 pm
  • thank goodness we have bayflite and the weather was good this time.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 7:48 pm
  • if u weren’t THERE don’t jump to conclusions this was a tragic accident , wasn’t even INVOLVING a careless driver or a child DARTING into the road !

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 7:23 pm
  • Firt of all people it wasnt the parent of the 3 yr old.from what im being told a 4 year old got into the drivers seat while his/her parents werent paying attention and hit the 3 year old… ill keep everyone updated as i hear more.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 7:12 pm
  • That parking lot is terrible , please parents keep hold of your young ones.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:46 pm
  • Prayers for the little boy and his parents! Please people don’t be so quick to automatically blame the parents –From what I have seen from the careless drivers around here you could be sitting 200 yards from aNY road around here and get run over. PRAYERS and wait for information before you blame anyone.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:43 pm
  • I Hope the kid is OK!!! It looks like a Tragic accident. Prayers for a full recovery and lets not forget about the driver! I could only imagine a child darting out into the road and hitting them I’d be devastated!!!

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:31 pm
  • Good job HCFR, thoughts and prayers for the child!

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:28 pm
  • Oh man that’s really sad…lets pray the child will be okay.

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:18 pm
  • School starts tomorrow, watch for children!

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:16 pm
  • How does this happen? Driver or parent?

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:15 pm
  • My thoughts and prayers are with the lil boy but why was a 3 year old anywhere near the rode by himself

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:10 pm
  • Hope he’s ok:(
    Prayers for this little boy and his family

Sunday, 23 August 2015, 6:09 pm