ALERT: Man Claiming to Work for Alarm Company Concerns Residents

SPRING HILL – Today, RNRF received information of a possible door-to-door scam going on right now that could have residents locking their doors and double checking their security systems.

One woman who lives in the area of Elwood Road (We’ll call her Sarah) says a man knocked on her door yesterday, claiming to work for her alarm company. Since her fiancé and other guests were home at the time, Sarah felt secure enough to allow the man inside. The man who Sarah says called himself TJ claimed to work for Capital Alarm Company, an affiliate of her alarm company, Central Security Group. TJ told Sarah that he was sent out to replace her keypad due to a recall. The replacement was to avoid a complete outage if the lines were cut during a burglary, TJ said. Sarah told TJ that her system was wireless and that it wouldn’t affect her security system if the lines were cut.

Beginning to feel uncomfortable with the situation, Sarah asked TJ to leave her home. Knowing that something was just wasn’t right with TJ; she followed him out to his car and took down the tag number. Sarah immediately contacted her Alarm company who informed her that Beasley did not work for them and that she should report the incident to law enforcement.

Sarah contacted the Sheriff’s Office and while they were at her home taking a report, Sarah says they received another identical complaint.

This afternoon, deputies caught up with the TJ, who was later identified as Toriano Beasley at the intersection of Elwood Road and Montano Ave, where they questioned him regarding the reports.

A check of Beasley and two other subjects came back clean and so did the vehicle they were driving.

Because Beasley and the others had not committed a crime they were not charged.

What concerns Sarah is that the tag attached to Beasley’s car was a paper temporary tag that didn’t match a vehicle. When they ran the tag this afternoon during the traffic stop, the attached tag matched the vehicle. Sarah believes a fake tag is attached to the vehicle when Beasley is “working” a neighborhood so that he cannot be identified. Sarah fears that Beasley is scoping out easy targets with plans to return and burglarize homes, knowing that the replacement keypad will not function.

Beasley is described as a black male About 5’6, thin build, short hair, early 20’s. Beasley was last seen wearing black shorts, ankle high black socks. Black work boots, Franny pack, and a dark work shirt with the words “capital” written on the front.

The vehicle is described as a 2005 black Dodge Neon.

At this time Beasley is not suspected of committing a crime and no reports have been released by officials regarding the suspicious incident.

We will bring more on this story if new information develops.

Beasley 1 Beasley 2

Comments
  • Capital Connect owes me money!

Tuesday, 16 February 2016, 9:25 pm
  • To all the people talking bad about me “Toriano” , not TJ or whatever else you heard. I was just don’t my job and thanks to the racist, scary, quick to judge a African American by his color people got me fired from my job. Now the company don’t give a **** bout me because they have a reputation to uphold just because you people making up this bull****. I guess y’all would rather see my people locked up, stealing, killing, robbing YALL instead of doing some good ****. But no, y’all wanna run the world and everybody in it. Well not me. I wish I would bow down to any man on this earth. You mother******* gone learn one day. Until then, eat a dick and I’m gonna keep doing me. And to the “few” people who had nothing but good to say, y’all good in my hood, much love❤ lol. ?

Thursday, 28 January 2016, 3:19 pm
    • your sista goin down too.

Monday, 13 March 2017, 11:39 pm
  • Today is pretty much the only day that it’s not raining over here………YET. A black woman and a white man with jeans, t-shirts with some kind of logo, and clipboards came knocking at my door. I didn’t answer it, I never do. BUT, I watched them from a window and MY house was the only house on the street they went to. When they turned around at the dead end, they came to my house AGAIN. This time I opened the door, told my dog to attack (she’s trained in Italian so they didn’t know what I told her to do) My dog got one, the other one hopped in the car, a small blue 4 door of some kind. They won’t be coming here again. Animal Control hasn’t been to my house, so, I’m guessing they were doing something illegal !!

Friday, 17 July 2015, 1:06 pm
  • If all they are allegedly doing is trading out the keypad, then how are they making $? They are probably helping themselves to valuables, identities and anything they can get their sticky little fingers on.

Friday, 17 July 2015, 8:06 am
  • Wow really wat if he comes an try to harm sarah im scared for them

Friday, 17 July 2015, 12:07 am
  • He works for another alarm company and was just going to do what is called a take over. Take over is when they come in and sell you a new contract with their company.

Thursday, 16 July 2015, 4:48 pm
  • And few years back some clown tried the same thing….told him he has three seconds to get off my property…HE hesitated and I pulled out my telescopic baton I carry and whacked his knees…took him a moment of two…he limped off….

Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 10:53 pm
    • HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GOOD for you !!!!!!

Thursday, 16 July 2015, 12:28 pm
  • It is unfortunate that the law sometimes prevent LEOs to effectively do their jobs. Since this idiot had not been physically seen at the scene it is stated that no crime has been committed. No evidence on the person to prove otherwise. Basically statements are only considered here say. Yea, stand your ground law would work if he was putting your life in danger.

Wednesday, 15 July 2015, 9:29 am
  • @Daisy Duke – I agree! He represented himself as working for at least 4 different alarm companies. So @Ana Maris does he work for all 4 of them? Would he be working for 4 different companies all on the same day and all 4 companies sent him out to replace keypads?? He even told her he needed to replace her keypad so it would work if someone cut her phone lines during a burglary but she has a wireless keypad so her phone lines don’t have anything to do with her alarm system. If he worked for that company 1. He would have known that her keypad was wireless and 2. The company wouldn’t have sent him out to replace a wireless keypad for the reasons he stated. What he REALLY was doing was walking around the neighborhood and what ever security system sign he saw in people’s yards he went to the door and claimed he worked for that company to gain access to their homes. If you read all the other comments here and on Facebook you’d see he also claimed to work for ADT and when the home owner called them they said they don’t have an employee by that name and not to let him in. There was also 2 other companies he claimed to work for that also said he wasn’t an employee and not to let him in. I’ve never once heard of a security company, or any other business for that matter, making a service call without first setting up an appointment with the home owner. They NEVER go door to door replacing security system keypads. Get real lady!

Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 2:06 pm
  • @Ana Maris -You are so full of crap!!

Tuesday, 14 July 2015, 1:00 pm
  • I find it interesting the word scam brought up. Scam=paying for something you don’t receive. Who would let a person with a different company’s name and different company’s badge on it into there home just to complain about it later and say that he impersonated your other company. Can we NOT read? Maybe he was just doing his job and if he was doing something illegal obviously call the police. But if you let someone into your home. You can’t turn around and say he tricked me. Has he ever been convicted of breaking in or stealing? No! Who was the company he represented? Call the company to verify identification! My husband being a state police did just that and found he is clean and is a valid employee. Frustrating reading these posts. Everyone’s always out to get someone. Just like the media. I didn’t do business with TJ as of yet but the company was called and we did our research. Very well credentials, nationwide, and frankly will give me a better deal than my current provider. I will call him this week and do business with him just to make a point to stop judging everything by its cover.

Monday, 13 July 2015, 3:41 pm
  • He is claiming to work for her alarm company to get into home

Monday, 13 July 2015, 1:46 pm
  • I had the same thing happen back in April, a man and a woman were canvasing the neighborhood only going to the larger homes. These two where on foot and walking throughout Royal Highlands There maybe a ring of them operating in the area. An alarm company will call you and tell you what they will be coming out for and will be in a company car or van with the alarm company logo on the side and have the right identification.

Monday, 13 July 2015, 9:47 am
  • It is not a crime if you allow this man to enter your home. He is not breaking in. It is morally wrong what he is doing because he could be “scoping ” out your house for later …but if you welcome a stranger in your home…your on your own.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 11:54 pm
  • Sat afternoon I had a young black female come to my home with a Capital shirt as well! I asked what Capital was, she said advertising. Really??? I turned her away, but even so what the hell are these people trying to pull. Glad I read this article tonite… Don’t open your door to anyone!!!!!!! You can never be too careful….

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 11:41 pm
  • They had another person with them – because the guy that came to our house was a thin white male.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 9:40 pm
  • So obviously he’s been arrested for the same thing Just last month , and yet the sheriff’s says he’s committed no crime at this time ? Funny how it took me 5 seconds to look that up thanks to google . This county has become a bad joke !

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 7:48 pm
  • It is very simple if he is lying to obtain access into your home he is breaking the law…

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 7:44 pm
  • I’ve got a 9MM that I’d like to introduce him to

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 6:34 pm
  • There were actually two guys at my house, but only one left. I buried the other one in my neighbors back yard. Ssssh, don’t tell anyone.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 6:26 pm
  • tom you and your staff are great can you find out why the state attorney did not jail these people .. and find out why hernando sheriff’s could not find that previous arrest. or is it another case of do the least you have to to get a paycheck.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 6:01 pm
  • Why is this guy’s face blurred out?

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 5:28 pm
  • Lol doctor who!!!!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 3:40 pm
    • Dr Who is a total jerk. He doesn’t quite seem to grasp the difference of lying to women in bars and actually going to and into someone’s house under fraudulant circumstances. One is just trying to boost his ego and the later is a crime.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 8:32 pm
      • ScootrPy…once again I totally agree with you. Lol! It’s obvious that “Dr. Who” is actually a big time loser and that’s why he needs to lie about what he does for a living (if anything). Seriously…he can’t even afford his own drinks! I’d say it’s time he gave up drinking all together! Hey, Dr. Wanna be…do those of us legitimate professionals a favor, and quit the roll playing. FYI, I doubt anyone’s buying it anyway!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 11:12 pm
  • Ummmm intent ,,,,,no way to prove his intent,,,,,that why he was not arrested. Why is that so tough to understand?
    Now, if you KNOW and can PROVE his INTENT. Then this would be different. So, get a better crystal ball or better understanding of the law.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 2:54 pm
  • I am Armed & Alert……. RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!!!!!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 2:38 pm
  • TO Everyone on here commenting about these people coming
    to your home, SHOULD CALL THE SHERIFF’S OFFICE AND
    If you don’t report it we will never STOP them!!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 2:14 pm
  • This guy pulled up while my mother was working in her yard on Birchwood and kept trying to get her closer to his car to help him with his GPS.Very fishy.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 11:56 am
  • Florida Statute for Criminal Impersonation :: Florida statutes 817.568 …………NOW explain to me why they weren’t arrested ??!! The Sheriffs Department must need a refresher course !!!!!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 10:01 am
  • Unfortunately I had met someone about 4 years ago who did the same thing but claimed he had his own legit company but would scope a house out later just to come back and disarm it. He lived in the Elgin area but this was years ago. As a resident of spring hill police should be less worried about marijuana busts and more so about violent criminals.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 9:43 am
    • Email4Name…So very true!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 4:33 pm
  • Toriano Lavell Beasley , 6/24/1991, was arrested on June 11, 2015 at 4.32 pm in Orange County, Florida, for No Home Solicitation Permit in violation of Florida Statute 501.022 (1)(a), and bonded out with a $500 bond. His accomplices were Michael Shane Adams, 2/28/1995, Jamie Christopher Burke, 4/7/1987, and Arenthia Renee Beasley, 2/26/1990. The probable cause affidavit states that they were “conducting home solicitation sales (security alarm sales) with out obtaining a valid home solicitation permit from either the county and State as required by law. The defendants were in two different neighborhoods, at several homes soliciting their product for over an hour without a permit and did so without expression invitation of the residents and community.”
    Richard Dorian Babcock State Attorney declined to prosecute the case saying that afer investigation the case was not suitable for prosecution, that memo was dated July 8, 2015

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 8:59 am
    • he doesn’t look 192 lbs,

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 3:13 pm
  • Hopefully others will file reports of him going door to door and spread the word some more

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 8:18 am
  • 817.025 Home or private business invasion by false personation; penalties.—A person who obtains access to a home or private business by false personation or representation, with the intent to commit a felony, commits a felony of the second degree. Problem is proving the intent.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 8:11 am
  • Four legs, big teeth, bad attitude, and a Smith and Wesson works well.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 7:22 am
  • Let him come to my house, in the end thats where my pit and boxer steps in.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 5:41 am
  • Hmm he Lies to Get into the home And then trIes To sell A new System #Fraud

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 2:27 am
  • Tom, if he has nothing to hide, and he’s not doing anything illegal, show his photo. Your article, alleges, this man went into a persons home claiming he was there representing an alarm company. So, if this is all on the up and up…show his face. Regardless of my occasional critiques, I still think you’re doing a great job! Thanks Tom for keeping us informed.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 1:58 am
  • I am pretty sure the Supreme Court has ruled that a person has no expectation of privacy when out in public. You did not identify him as a criminal, and reported that according to law enforcement, he broke no law. I think you can show his face

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 1:31 am
  • Tom, why are you not showing his face, or his vehicle?

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 1:12 am
  • Why conceal his face in the pictures? Why “protect” his identity!?!

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 12:37 am
  • What the hell. No relationship whatsoever.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 12:20 am
  • If you see this man please do use the stand your ground law.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 11:35 pm
  • People, whenever some stranger comes to your door to offer you a way to save $$$, they are NOT doing it out of the goodness of their hearts. We had these clowns come to our house, no vehicle with a company name on it, just canvassing on foot. That alone should trigger a big red flag. Wearing no uniform, no ID or company badge, I knew it was BS and told them no.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 10:53 pm
  • He was at my door on Vienna st this afternoon, right around the corner from where they found him. Yesterday, he was a block over on Goldcoast. The tag on the neon then was a Texas plate.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 10:51 pm
  • how does going inside peoples homes impersonating and portraying that you are a service tech for a company to gain access to someones home considered trespassing? if people knew who this guy was no one would allow him inside their home, I can’t believe someone can be released to walk free after attempting this , it would seem he would be arrested on

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 10:44 pm
  • No fraudulent misrepresentation is not a crime, removing political signs from county easments is…….time 4 a new sheriff in this town

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 9:35 pm
  • I want to thank Tom for getting this information out to us. Being knowledgeable in advance is priceless.Kudos, RNRF!

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 9:30 pm
  • This guy was arrested on June 11th 2015 in Orange County Florida for “No Home Solicitation Permit”… This guy is up to no good…

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 9:01 pm
  • was at my house the other day spoke to adt they know nothing about him ..

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 8:23 pm
  • Anyone that installs, repairs, or sells Alarm systems in the state of Florida has to be working for a state licensed contractor.

The person or persons that is on your property needs to have a state of Florida BASA certification ( Burglar Alarm System Agent)and needs to show it to you upon entering your property. If they work on your fire alarm system, or sell you one, they need a FASA Fire alarm System Agent.

This man is breaking a State of Florida statute if he does not have a BASA/FASA. that penalty is a class 3 felony if I remember correctly.

ASK TO SEE I.D.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 8:09 pm
  • Also the scam of guys trying to sell television sets at a reduced rate because they were over stocked on their delivery truck is also going on now. When you open the factory looking box it’s got worthless items repackaged in the boxes.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 7:40 pm
  • He came to our house last night. Thank goodness my husband had a bad feeling and told him, no thank you.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 7:39 pm
  • Hmm wondering if these are the guys that came to my house to sell me an alarm…

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 7:07 pm
  • Maybe his momma will see this and whoop him a good one!

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 7:07 pm
    • Yup, the Toya Graham “tough love” treatment ofentimes works wonders

Monday, 13 July 2015, 1:21 am
  • We live on Elwood also, was awakened at 2:10am Friday morning by my 120lb German Shepherds trying to go thru my front window, then saw a small black car quickly pulling away from the street in front of the driveway. Glad we’ve got our own “security system”.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 7:03 pm
  • “Because Beasley and the others had not committed a crime they were not charged.” WHAT ???? Fraudulantly representing yourself isn’t a crime ?? I’m pulling out my law books tonight and checking that out. I don’t believe that to be true !!!! My alarm system is a pit bull and firearms. What concerns me are the elderly that fall for this scam. OH, there’s another charge SCAMMING INDIVIDUALS !!!! HCSD, get on the ball and arrest these guys !!!!

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 6:49 pm
    • I totally agree with you ScootrPy! How can this not be a crime? Do these criminals need to seriously harm someone during a home burglary before it’s considered a crime? Additionally, how can this person, and his cohorts, go to so many homes under false pretense, change the tag on their vehicle, yet they haven’t been caught…or arrested? Time for HCSO to step up! Thanks Tom, for giving us the heads up, looks like we better not be counting on local law enforcement to be alerting us to crime.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 1:10 am
    • LOL No ScootrPy…There’s no “law” against fraudulently representing yourself. It happens every day..In fact, I do it all the time. Some nights at the bar I’m a plastic surgeon or engineer. If she’s really cute, I’m an attorney or investment banker. If she’s fat, I’m on unemployment living with my uncle and ask her to buy me drinks.

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 12:21 pm
      • LOL…. Thats funny 🙂

Sunday, 12 July 2015, 3:35 pm
  • We had a guy come to our house saying the same thing!

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 6:42 pm
  • Just a typical day in the neighborhood anymore.

Saturday, 11 July 2015, 6:37 pm