; ;

ALERT: Vehicle Burglaries Occurring Now Throughout Spring Hill

SPRING HILL – Sheriff’s Deputies are scrambling to catch up with a vehicle burglar who is targeting parking lots throughout Spring Hill right now.

Officials have confirmed that several vehicle burglaries are being investigated in the Spring Hill area at this time.

RNRF has learned through sources that at least four locations throughout Spring Hill have been hit within the last two hours. Several victims have reported thefts at Anderson Snow Park on Anderson Snow Road, Veterans Park on Spring Hill Drive, the YMCA on Mariner Blvd, and the Rotary Centennial Dog Park, on Sandlor Street. And just minutes ago, another vehicle burglary was reported at All Pediatric Care, located at 221 Mariner Blvd.

Stacy Prisco says she was exercising at Veterans Memorial Park when she noticed a window busted out of her pickup truck. Emotional and in tears, Prisco said “He took all my credit cards, my check, $11,000 in business checks and most importantly, he has my social security number.” Prisco says the suspect may be driving a grey or black Dodge Caravan and the suspect could be a black male, wearing a dark colored ball cap. Prisco saw the man standing next to a vehicle that was later reported to have been broken  into. An official description of the suspect has not been released by the Sheriff’s Office.

Susan Noble, another victim at Veterans Memorial Park says “I usually walk the park for an hour, four or five times a week, and I park right here next to the trail so that I can keep an eye on my vehicle.” Noble says after making several loops on the walking trail she noticed the back window down on her vehicle. That’s when she discovered the broken window and that her purse was missing from the vehicle. “I’m just glad I wasn’t there so that nobody got hurt, so I guess that’s a plus.”

We spoke to Carla Lapinski at All Pediatrics on Mariner Blvd who says the suspect entered her vehicle through an unlocked door and stole her purse. Lapinski could see someone by her vehicle through a window inside the doctor’s office but by the time she came outside the suspect was gone. Deputies checked the area but they have not located a suspect at this time.

RNRF has not received the total number of vehicle burglaries at this time as the investigation is still fluid.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

burg-1 burg-2 burg-3 burg-4

Comments
  • We were in Tarpon Springs at Anderson Park for a wedding and 5+ cars were broken into there around 3 or 4pm! You just can’t trust anyone these days!

Saturday, 28 October 2017, 10:34 pm
  • All of the local news channels are starting to air messages about “tis the Season to Rob”…….Many of these thieves know that at this time of year women do have wallets and purses and do carry cash at this time of year, you know, Christmas Shopping. It’s a robbers paradise. Because the weather is getting cooler I thought today would be a good day to start bringing my pup to the dog park on Spring Hill Drive…..I quickly changed my mind after reading these stories. I think that women should try to carry those small purses that you put around your wrist, it’s easy to carry and you don’t have to worry about leaving your purse in your car. This is just the beginning folks…….Lock Your Cars, Don’t Leave Your Purse Or Any Other Valuables In Your Car, PERIOD!!!

Saturday, 28 October 2017, 6:16 pm
  • my truck is a F’n mess they’d run away from it.

Saturday, 28 October 2017, 4:35 pm
  • A keen eye and a good 45 cal will stop the bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Friday, 24 February 2017, 10:29 pm
  • my son’s and I stopped some guys from grabbing our neighbor’s electronics on night. they drive around neighbor hoods looking for anything flashing on the windshield and then fan out looking for unlocked doors. we saw a strange van parked on the road next to our house. We went out to look and chased them off and the van sped away.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 11:16 am
  • To all stating don’t leave valuables in your car. Your right it’s our fault that this pos broke into and stole from them. Definately not the criminals fault. But it is that tolerance for these pos people why there still walking free. He probably had a bad life right ? NOT our problem. They will run into the wrong person I should say right person and problem solved.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 9:25 am
  • I have learned not to keep valuables in my car, and I never, ever lock my doors. My car window was smashed years ago and the inconvenience of that slime was worth more than the electronics they took. You want to rob car, do be it, you don’t get anything and I won’t hVe the hassle of a trillion pieces of shattered glass

Friday, 24 February 2017, 5:48 am
  • There was a car broken into on Country Rd.

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 3:51 pm
  • MY WIFE GOT HIT. I WILL KILL THE MOTHER F**** IF I CATCH HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 9:18 am
  • My sympathy n heart goes out to these people,just think it could very easily be anyone of us next. TO:CRIMINAL– WE WILL BE WATCHING AND YOU WILL BE CAUGHT! Signed Concerned Citizens!

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 9:00 am
  • this is awful. i learned young, dont leave anything valuable unattended in the vehicle. its a crime of opportunity. every see the wwyd episode with the car alarm? like 1 out of 40 people actually did something in regards to a vehicle burglary in plain sight. We have a quarter million people in this county and probably thousands more coming through daily. If only a few percent are hard up criminals which is an ultra conservative number, that easily leaves nearly 10 thousand people in this county daily that are looking to score some stolen goods.

try to limit valuables in a vehicle and lets all keep an open eye out for each other. if you see something suspicious, document it take notice and if possible report it immediately or take video and pictures for law enforcement. we have criminals victimizing our community. lets all try to make these crimes less prevalent through being proactive.

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 12:11 am
  • You’re better of just leaving your doors UNlocked & not leaving anything that valuable inside if you can help it than risking a smashed window…

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 8:42 pm
    • No what’s worse when you lock it and you come back and it’s on blocks and there no seat rear view mirror just the body and i keep my purse in my wallet..

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 7:53 am
  • For those of you commenting with no knowledge…my car was one of those broken into. The doors WERE locked and the only thing valuable in there was a diaper bag that this coward thought was a purse!!! Moral of the story…no one is safe from this vandalism at any point! Welcome to 2017!

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 8:08 pm
  • Please let me catch someone breaking into my vehicle I promise it will be the last one he breaks into

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:44 pm
  • Come break into my car tonight and you’ll find me inside with my gun a second away from killing you… you piece of garbage

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:33 pm
  • Really Shawn…?
    The 3 pics I see have broken windows so you can take that random locking thing and shove it up your axx where your brain is.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:29 pm
  • Hope they catch them and when they do they need to burn their fingers

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:47 pm
    • and throw in their balls as a bonus. if they even got any.

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 12:00 pm
  • In this day and time we live in, ANYBODY leaving a purse, wallet, money, bank cards, check books, cell phones, computers, Ipads/tablets, anything electronic period in a car, much less an unlocked one…is ASKING for trouble. You’re seriously deranged if you don’t realize this by now. DON’T BE STUPID…

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:25 pm
    • Dude. Exercise a little empathy… and sensibility. A daycare got hit today, too. Parents usually have hands full… and valuables get left in the car because the parents are on their way to work. If I had to bring all the things I cart back-and-forth to work (that are necessary for my job) inside, it would take me three trips… for a two minute drop off.

i should be able to leave my things in my locked car for two minutes. In front of a building with giant plate glass windows and constant stream of traffic.

This scumbaf is preying on people who SHOULD be able to trust their surroundings. Stop victim blaming and spew your vitriol at the jerk.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 8:38 pm
  • Did You Read The Article Shawn? Doors Locked They are Breaking Windows! A Black Male (Imagine That) : (

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:03 pm
    • Imagine a white person stealing.

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 7:15 pm
  • where do you think we live, Fairyland? DONT LEAVE VALUABLES IN YOUR VEHICLE ANYWHERE, ANYTIME. And if you have to transport anything of value, DONT GO ALONE.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 5:20 pm
    • ESPECIALLY GUNS AND CHECK BOOKS. GUN FREE ZONES ARE / SHOULD BE JUST A SUGGESTION…

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 9:28 pm
      • gun free Zone? you mean a safe place for the guy that’s going to rob and rape your fat old lady

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 7:21 am
  • Somebody should invent a device that locks your car doors and prevents people from randomly opening it. Oh yeah it already exists

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 3:24 pm
    • Someone should invent something for reading the whole story for all the information.Oh yea its common sense and in some people it does exist.Only says one car was unlocked and the others had the windows smashed as you can see broken glass on the ground in the pictures.Or maby those are diamonds that were dropped by the thief.Amazing

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 5:49 pm
    • What’s that going to do to protect the window that this guy was smashing out? Usually doing that is the next option after checking to see if the door is locked

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:03 pm
    • locked doors keep people from breaking windows.
      seriously? you can’t see the broken glass ? oh yeah
      idiot comments already exists

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:36 pm
    • And what does that have to do with these when the windows are being broken??

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:01 pm
    • I was one of the victims and my car was locked. My purse was under my rain coat out of plain view.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 8:05 pm
    • DOESN’T HELP IF THEY SMASH THE WINDOW

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 9:25 pm
    • You sat in the back of all your classes in school, didn’t you, Shawn?

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 9:58 am
    • Ya like an invention with some electricity that would run a current through the door handles that would burn their hand when touched. Think that might work???

Thursday, 23 February 2017, 8:27 am
      • I know of a guy who some how thought his shed was going to get broken into, so he wired up the metal door handles. Later that night (in the rain) his lights flickered. he ran outside and the guy was knocked out. The cops wanted to arrest him. He ended up in court and the judge threw it out. There is more to the story.

Friday, 24 February 2017, 11:09 am
        • Was this here in Hernando Co? Wouldn’t surprise me one bit…

Sunday, 29 October 2017, 4:54 am
  • My truck got broken into at rotary centennial dog park a month ago

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 2:53 pm
    • The signs on the fence block the view of the parking lot from inside the dog areas, providing thieves with the necessary cover.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 9:31 pm
  • Thanks for the info Tom…… Hope they catch the filth doing this.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 2:50 pm