Animal Services Employee Viciously Attacked by Pit Bull

UPDATE: 8/12/2016, 11:04 A.M. – According to Hernando County Public Information Officer Virginia Singer, the victim who’s identity will not be released, was transported by Hernando County Fire Rescue for treatment.

Singer says the animal was brought into the facility on July 22nd and was being moved by the victim to another holding area when the attack occurred.

After the attack the animal was placed in quarantine, where it will remain for 10 days.

Singer wanted to clarify that the facility’s staff did not think the incident was a joke.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with the victim and we are praying for a speedy recovery” says Singer.

BROOKSVILLE – A Hernando County Animal Services employee is recovering this evening, after a vicious Pit Bull attack that sources say left her with lacerations, torn tendons, and even broken bones.

The attack occurred yesterday inside the Animal Services kennel, located 19450 Oliver Street, but officials have not released the victim’s name or commented on the incident at all.

One anonymous source tells RNRF that the victim is a 27-year veteran of Animal Services and that that she’ll probably lose mobility in one of her hands.  He goes on to explain that when the incident occurred “…she dragged the Pit Bull down the hallway to get help because the girls in the office thought she was joking.”

We attempted to speak with facility’s Veterinarian, Dr. Julie Rosenberger, on separate occasions today but we were told that she was in surgery both times. We were also denied access to photograph the Pit Bull responsible for the attack.

We tried to contact Hernando County Government Spokesperson, Virginia Singer, but she has not returned our calls. An assistant in Singer’s office said she will try to provide information on the incident but that they were very busy this week.

Lt. Gerard Schneider of the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office says “No report was taken on the dog bite involving an Animal Services worker, as it occurred with an animal in custody while an employee was attempting to move it. I do not know the extent of the injuries.”

We will bring more on this story if County Officials provide a statement.

PIT BULL

Comments
  • Totally agree with Glen. My son was walking his dog and was attacked by a neighbors Pitbull. This was one of several attacks, but this time he took a piece out of my son’s dog. Animal control has been called out on this dog several times, and they do absolutely nothing about it. Even if witnessed by others they do nothing. There is something wrong with our county laws to allow this to happen repeatedly. Guess it will take a child being mauled to possibly address this problem. Sorry the worker was seriously hurt, but my son had to incur a vet bill,and his dog suffered a painful bite, and the irresponsible pet owner is not held accountable.The topper was the female animal control lady called my son to make sure his dog had all HIS shots and a county license. He was on a leash in the street when bitten.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 5:10 pm
  • All these ignorant people. Pit bulls have got a bad rep due to media….says pitbull attack but unable to actually confirm this information? I used to work in a vet office, I was bit by more poodles, shitzus and other little dogs than ever once by a big dog. Pitbull themselves are loving and kind dogs. They are gentle. Mixes and other breeds are being called “pitbull” because of the way they appear. And I will tell you that you can pet ANY of my pit and pit mixes out on the street without an issue but if you trespass on my property you better be prepared to run. Dogs are pets and members of the family and will protect their family when they feel threatened. Aggressive is not always bad in the right circumstances. If someone broke into your house and raped you, bet you wish you had a pit bull or aggressive dog then, to protect you from harm. German shepherds bite, Rottweiler bites, poodles bite and go unreported all the time, shitzus bite, any dog can bite but based on experience it is not the pit bull brought up right that bites. People are so fast to want to ban or make specific breeds a black sheep. Ban your poodles, your little toy breeds, the ankle biters that as a home care nurse, I have been bitten by or nearly bitten by more little ankle biters than any big dog. I’m nervous going into homes with little dogs, not the big ones. And as a veteran shelter employee would know the signs to watch for with a verified or aggressive dog. Hair stands up, they stiffen their stances, you can see it in their faces…..and I’m a nurse, not an animal shelter veteran. Maybe it wasn’t just the dog, but something else that no one else was present for. Don’t judge the breed.

Sunday, 14 August 2016, 9:26 am
  • All breeds will bite if scared…I was bitten by a scared beagle! It is not breed specific.even the nicest human has a breaking point! Prayers for her speedy recovery and that procedures are put in place for this not to happen again!

Saturday, 13 August 2016, 8:34 am
  • You definitely need to get your facts straight. The dog was not a pitbull it was a boxer. It had no previous history of aggression (from what I understand was previously a bait dog but still very friendly to everyone) however an incident happened right before this event that most likely caused the reaction (not making excuses just stating a fact that was made known to me).
    Also the workers in the office were, shocker, working in the office. I’ve personally adopted twice and have gone with family to adopt as well, YOU try to hear anything out in the kennels when you are in the office (hell even from one side of the kennel to the other) when all of the animals out there are barking like crazy (which is pretty much always).
    Finally, it’s not worth the time of day to argue with the morons posting about how pit bulls should be banned/killed etc, I’m not flexible enough to get my head that far up my ass. ?

Friday, 12 August 2016, 8:35 pm
  • All the “hush hush” conspiracy theory people might want to read the HIPIAA regulations, before you fault the County for following Federal Law!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 7:48 pm
  • I agree with U Crazy B.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 7:40 pm
  • I’ve read latest comments. ONCE AGAIN PPL IT’S THE OWNERS & HOW THEY TRAIN (OR NOT BOTHER TO TRAIN) THE DOGS. I also know pits/american staffordshires that are absolutely loving. Known chihuahuas that would tear you apart just for you existing!!
    IT’S ALL THE OWNERS WHO THINK THE REDNECK WAY & ARE TOO BUSY GUZZLING THEIR BEER.THEY WANT TO BULLY PPL WITH THEIR ATTITUDES & THEIR DOGS ADOPT THAT FROM OWNERS. IT DON’T MAKE IDIOTS TOUGH JUST STUPID !!!!!!!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 5:01 pm
  • These pit bulls are nothing but killing animals they should be outlawed like they are in Dade County I hope they destroy it right away

Friday, 12 August 2016, 3:39 pm
  • One year ago today I adopted a full grown Pitbull from Hernando County Animal Services. Was that the breed I was looking for? Not at all but I knew that unless I left there with him that day he was getting put down, as skiddish as he was he didn’t stand a chance at being adopted. This wonderful animal is not only my best friend but the most well-behaved dog I have ever had. Very loving, loyal, and ☺. All he needed was someone to take a chance on him. My prayers go out to the employee who was injured.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 2:18 pm
  • I have been over there many times. Always, when you go into the back where the kennels are, there are those pit bull dogs, right out front, howling, barking, snarling. The two dogs we adopted from there were actually housed among these horrible dogs. The ones we adopted were actually cowering in the back of their pens…terrified, to say the least. Go around to the back, and there are all the cute, quiet, adoptable dogs. A pit bull should never be re homed. It was given up for a reason, and it wasn’t because it was “cute and cuddly”. I would advise none of those killer dogs should always be moved with a catch pole…never on a leash. Give these dogs their 5 days to be re homed, then, if not, then, the needle.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 2:13 pm
    • Smokin hot. Those dogs are not horrible. Those dogs are just anxious to leave the shelter and have a right to live too. You are obviously into the cute and cuddly kind -If they are not your type of dog, that’s fine, but lots of other people understand these dogs and like them. What are you talking about ‘go around the back an that is where the quiet and and cute dogs are” – that is complete nonsense. The shelter does not put the cute and cuddly ones into a certain area. There is no breed discrimination and I thank the shelter for that. And you “advise to use a catch pole” ? what makes you such an expert? And how grand of you to allow them 5 days to live and then give them the needle. Who died and made you god?

Friday, 12 August 2016, 3:42 pm
  • I have a Pitt bull and the only thing he does is smother us with love. In fact I wouldn’t trust him to watch the house he seems to think all visitors are here to see him. I find it sad people are so willing to jump on the bad breed bandwagon without true knowledge of the brèed. The media always needs a breed to demonize. First it was the presacanario in the 50s that brèed was nearly kiĺled to extinction, then it was the German shepherd, the Doberman, and rottweiler. Now it’s the Pitt bull. Dont demonize an entire breed for a few miguided dogs all breeds have them, and in this case it could have been any dog at the shelter. Shelter dogs are under tremendous stress and because of that they will act out of character from their base line temperment. Some cower others become defensive.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 1:32 pm
  • John doe, if you know so much about this incident why didn’t you just tell Tom? You too are passing the buck here. Someone is gonna get reprimanded here.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 1:25 pm
  • Anti dist, are you NUTS! If a Pit Bull looks like Pit Bull its not a Pit Bull. You advocate idiots need to get a life. You have too much time on your hands. So, if a human looks like a human than that means they may not be human? Mmmm, that explains the Alien theory…. Everyone, go get DNA Tests ASAP. You may not be who you think you are.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 1:21 pm
  • Our prayers go out to the person that was hurt. I truly wish people would stop with all the BS about pit bulls. It’s all how you raise them. Ours is the sweetest boys ever, and a huge scaredy cat. All he wants it to be loved and be lazy. He has never attacked anybody in his life or even tried to. Any dog, not just this breed, can attack at any time. My mother in laws miniature poodle attacked my son when he was a year old. You just never know.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 12:59 pm
  • KILL THE DOG!!!!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 11:47 am
  • a lot of nasty comments here. Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out that this was not a pitbull or pit mix at all? There is no picture, but people are always ready to assume that it must be a pitbull. Yes, I know the article says that, but who was the source? Maybe just a way to make the article more interesting and to stir up some controversy? I have seen people label dogs as “pitbulls” and they are not pitbulls at all. I handle pitbulls all the time,never had a problem with any of them. Speedy recovery to the employee! She handles thousands of dogs a year, many of them pits and pit mixes and has had no accidents like this. Considering the number of dogs going through there, many of them previously mistreated and untrusting towards humans, the records are actually pretty good. the shelter is doing a good job, so many improvements, a lot of new employees and volunteers trying to make this a better place. If you have complaints maybe go and volunteer, foster or donate!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 10:45 am
  • Proudpitbullmom didn’t get her distemper shot this year.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 10:33 am
  • My little jack Russell Chihuahua terrier mix is the most lovable girl. But if you are a man and you pull out anything that she feels threatened by and she will bite you. I’ve owned many types of pits but only been attacked by boxers chow chows and rotts.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 10:25 am
  • Ì live out in Dade City and this lady is constantly having to come out. She is such an amazing woman. @Proudpitbullmom, they don’t put dogs to sleep anymore, unless they are extremely sick, or very old. Get educated before you comment. This lady does the work that nobody else wants to, and we are praying for her. All the negative comments need to go, even the ones attacking Tom. You disagree with what he says but I bet you are on here everyday. Prayers going up!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 10:12 am
  • Pit bull lives matter!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 9:01 am
  • I don’t feel a bit sorry for her! A pitbull attacked my dog this summer…totally unprovoked and she did nothing!! Now I am afraid to walk down the street in my own neighborhood. State statute says if a dog attacks another animal or a person it has to be quarantined…not in this case. The same dog attacked a woman and her little jack russell…again they did nothing.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 7:35 am
  • not that it matters to any one but dont judge the breed. my mom does canine rescues often. She has pits. They are some of the most loving dogs. I was involved with the veterinary office on us19 and emergency animal clinic on deltona also. All breeds can be aggressive given a either being in pain/suffering, having a history of abuse or being trained to act in such a way. This persons job I respect given the unknown variables that can and will be encountered. I hope she heals to the best possible manor from which the extent of her injuries will allow. If anything tom brought us this story and the best we can take from it is to be careful around animals we are not familiar with and teach our kids this.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 7:03 am
  • If 1 out of 500 of these dogs attack causing life changing injuries,that’s significant enough percentage to ban the breed.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 7:01 am
  • Let’s pray for a speedy and complete recovery he the animal control employee.
    The comment”any breed of dog could do this” not true! Any breed of dog can bite,every dog will bite,if you push the right button.
    Pitbull and pit-bull mixes,when they bite do it very very very well. They are super strong, Vice like Jaws, and have a low center of gravity.
    More people are probably bitten by Poodles then pit bulls. It’s just the poodles aren’t very good at it.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 6:39 am
  • Its a breed for people with ‘Trump” hands

Friday, 12 August 2016, 6:12 am
  • Ban the owner not the breed any dog can attack that’s why we call them animals a huge problem there is they put holds on dogs for so long they spend months and even a year there in a cell only to be let out to walk 5 minutes then right back in there cage they have hundreds of people starring and walking by teasing poking little fingers in cages it doesn’t surprise me that more bites haven’t occurred they need to stop holding these dogs this long there is a German Shepherd that’s been a court case for almost a year now there county needs to change this before a deadly attack occurs

Friday, 12 August 2016, 3:04 am
    • There are a few incorrect statements here.Dogs don’t normally get held for that long. If you think they should not be spending all that time “in a cell”, why don’t you help to get them adopted? There is a lot everyone can do (share the animals on facebook, volunteer at the shelter, foster, adopt, donate etc) The shelter has been very successful lately in finding good homes for many of the animals. Or are you one of the ones who would rather just kill them?

Also, there is no German Shepherd there awaiting court case. that was settled a long time ago and he was not there for a year.
      I agree with ban the owner – a lot of irresponsible owners out there!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 11:51 am
  • I’ve always herd bad about put bulls. However, I had a renter that had one and she was the most loving dog. I could go there and work on the rental. She would follow me everywhere and was a big baby. I now even have a friend that has one.” She is smart and the best behaived dog. Listens to all commands. All breads can have mean dogs. Some are because of how they were raised. Some are just over protective. My prayers go out to the worker!! I hope she recovers fine and a big thank you for volunteering. I also think this county should neuter dogs for free. Would save shelter costs in the long run and prevent aggressive dogs from breeding and passing these characteristics in their blood line. I’ve never had a pit bull.. But from my experience with them “Never judge a book by it’s cover.”

Friday, 12 August 2016, 1:31 am
  • I would wager the average IQ of a Pit owner is somewhere around 80.Feel bad for those like this woman,who have to deal with these animalsfolg.#simpletonsbreed

Friday, 12 August 2016, 12:42 am
  • Out comes all the idiots that claim Pit Bulls are a vicious breed. Wrong. They can be bred and inbred to be vicious, and trained to be so. But the breed itself, when NOT inbred is a working dog. Theyre just too popular amongst idiots, that dont know what theyre doing, and inbreeding happens too frequently, due to the amount of litters one female or stud has.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 11:57 pm
  • We were there last week, and I seen one dog with a sign & it was isolated. He was barking like crazy when we walked near. I commented to my daughters calling him Cujo. Hope the employee will recover without any major damage.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 11:33 pm
  • I have rescues of all sizes from a German Shepard to a pit bull to a Boston terrier to a chawawa and the only one labeled aggressive by my vet is the chawawa. He is the only one who bites and apart from the Shepard he was the oldest at 5 when I got him. The Shepard was 12 and starved so does not count. So I would say yes it depends on where he came from not the breed.
    Have never been able to get him to stop biting.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 11:09 pm
  • All you defenders of pit bulls I am always amused by you. Yes I’ve been around lots of pitbulls that appeared nice at that moment. They’re always nice until they clamp down. Funny thing is I never read these vicious attacks by poodles, Chihuahuas, French Bull Dogs, Yorkies, and on and on. It’s the people who need this breed near and dear to themselves for their image, just like their neck tattoos. The other sad thing is they are the most abandoned dog. Shelters are always filled with them. That’s because of the types of people who clamor for their “tough pitbull”. Sorry it is the breed and the owners. Go get a pet and like the guy said earlier if you need self defense buy a gun.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:49 pm
  • I don’t care what the breed of the dog is, what matter is the dog is vicious and should not be placed in a “forever home”. I am a dog lover, have four of my own in our home, but this dog should be put down.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:48 pm
  • A human being gets mangled by dog and as usual you have the crazies wanting other people to get bitten too. Sad world we live in when the life of an animal is more precious than a human being. Adopt em all pit bull lovers and careful they don’t bite you in your a $$. Google the statistics on pit bull deaths, if you are capable of doing that instead of calling people that are injured b $$$$, Hope the lady will be ok. Sick world we live in.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:45 pm
  • Just read proudpitbullmom’s comments!! You proved my point to the nth degree. I would not wish anything like this on anyone!!!!! You are one of the nasty rednecks I spoke of. You should be put down along with any animal & other redneck family members of yours. Do you think your comments & attitude do the breed any good???

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:39 pm
  • Have also known “pit bulls” (american staffordshires) that were loving lap dogs. ANY dog can be trained to attack viciously. I’ve found this habit prevalent, even rampant, in nature coast area. My neighbors encourage their dogs to terrorize cats & coons, possums. Then they refuse to put their beers down & go get them!!!!!!! So dogs not under control, trained to terrorize other animals, owners sit & holler, guzzle beer & after complaints animal control does nothing. Just this past week 3 dogs mauled & killed a cat across the road in another neighbors yard. IT COULD HAVE BEEN A CHILD. Owners are the problem 99% of the time. Don’t want to train on leash the proper way. Redneck method – beer in hand, sit on butt & yell. Never works.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:33 pm
  • not so prd hope u r not a mom… u have no idea. btw .. just so u knw.. I also get the truth is far from yr thoughts .. if u have thoughts .. oh I was there at facilty for 2 years .. were u ? how many hrs do u volunteer. Dont ever without knowledge put down those that do ..what u are not willing to do..

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:23 pm
  • this woman is the best employee Hernando has. Can we just have her in our thoughts. I was there , I can tell u how dedicated she is..
    Pits or yorkies ,she cares.. I am thinking and praying for her, so shld u..

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:11 pm
  • Not one person said anything about the loir employee. So quick to judge. Back door? What is wrong with you? What is there to sweep? The dog bit a worker, the dog will be quarantined and then whatever it’s fate is, well.,. Those people have one of the hardest jobs in the world. Because of irresponsible people. So let’s hope the worker is ok and not worry. Whether someone was not treated right by the place or not, doesn’t matter now. I bet the animal fanatics will call for this poor dogs mercy and what next? Prayers to the worker.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 9:06 pm
  • That was they *** get for putting so many adoptable dog to sleep.I hope it was the ***** in the front office i hate.They all suck there.Great news.Hope to hear more of this.I would like to adopt that dog…please send me application,he needs out of there away for all you evil humans….P.S Tubbs you should get bit too.smdh

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 8:55 pm
  • yes! This is a “hush,hush” type of business. What type of training do the animal handlers get? And does the office, care at all? No support, or not on the same team? Oh, so sad.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 8:46 pm
  • This is what happens when inbred people bred inbred dogs , these dogs are never speed and neutered and the cycle continues or these dogs are dumped and they are roaming around the area , most animals will get stressed on that environment of containment and most will never get adopted out anyway and they just become more aggressive in that situation , hope the person will be okay

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 8:04 pm
  • Not all Pit Bulls are like that. I have lived around then. A friend has two and hes had them since they were eight weeks old. Never a problem.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 7:55 pm
  • Typical response from the sheriff’s office. Who was in custody, the dog or the worker.
    ;-/ —- for the snarky impaired.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 7:40 pm
  • I wish her a speedy recovery! Unfortunate turn of events!

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 7:11 pm
  • I’m sure i will get crap for this but its not the breed. It could have been any type of dog that did this. Im truly sorry that this person was severely injured and I will be sending prayers for their recovery. I personally adopted a bully from here almost 3 years ago now. And she is the sweetest 100 lb dog you will ever meet. I have ever 3 other dogs from shelters as well. Unfortunately when they are at the shelter you have no idea what their story is or how they were treated before they got there. Whether people believe it or not it really is how you raise them.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:59 pm
  • Karma

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:59 pm
  • she was being torn to pieces and the employees thought she was joking.. yikes on that one.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:57 pm
  • Mr. Lemons,

I believe her assistant did call you back, but you never returned her call. County officials are not trying to “hide” this story, you are trying to once again bully a department by stating false information. Your source also is incorrect on what occurred. The employees didn’t think she was joking, her location to where employees were was not close. Please feel free to call Mrs. Singer’s assistant back and she will answer what she can based on what you ask.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:49 pm
      • great job Tom keeping transparency!!!Makes you wonder..do they have something to hide?How about start doing videos and recording what takes place when you walk in places and how your treated and or if they are complying with proper oublic record law!!!

Friday, 12 August 2016, 12:01 am
  • Another Pittbull looking for a forever home that should instead be destroyed.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:49 pm
  • Y’all are retarded I have a pitbull & he’s literally the sweetest dog ever. Stupid people????

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:36 pm
  • Jeana, I say Ditto

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:28 pm
  • Stay on this Tom. Sounds like they are trying to push this out the back door. I have always been treated less than human by their employees in the office. I go to Pasco now.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:16 pm
    • I went there and the woman working at the front desk acted as though she was being bothered. She acted like she had no intelligence, surely one of Brooksville’s finest.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 8:11 pm
  • NO one should breed or have a vicious dog, except police…

If you want to protect your home, get a alarm system and a gun.

I will shoot any dog that acts over aggressive to me on the sidewalk.
    If your dog is the overly aggressive type, keep him at home or expect him —-
    I love dogs, problem is, they are just doing their job and they can’t tell the difference from who’s a threat and who’s not.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:15 pm
  • say what you want about nature vs nurture… those pit bulls are vicious!

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:11 pm
    • No, pit bulls are not vicious. In fact most dogs called pit bulls are not even pit bulls. Unless a DNA test is run on the dog a responsible person, including a reporter, should not determine the breed of the dog. There is specific data that proves most dogs are mislabeled when breeds are given. How an animal is raised determines a lot. However, aggressive behavior can also be eliminated. The Michael Vick dogs that became therapy and service dogs are a prime example. This was a tragedy but without a DNA test, I’m not believing “pit bull”.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 8:14 pm
      • GET EDUCATED!!! The ‘Pit Bull’ and its mixes and variants have been bred for over 400 years to attack without provocation or warning and to stay on target until the it is dead. Their muzzle is broader. a molossor breed’s and thus inflicts a bigger bite and damage. They have been outlawed in cities like Boston and Williamsburg since 1739. The insurance institute classifies these dogs at 3000 which means for every ONE dollar the industry pays out for a normal dog caused damages, the industry pays out THREE THOUSAND dollars for Pit/Pit mix caused damages. 1 out of 400 Pits will attack. One out of 50,000 normal dogs will attack. Pits kill a human in the USA every 13 days. They attack on a lethal and non lethal basis an average of 87 times a month. 60% of the deaths are within the family circle and40% of those are children. in the UK, where they are outlawed, they still kill 50,000 sheep last year because the owners are those who think their ‘right’ to a dangerous dog is more important than farmers’ right to a living.

while not often mentioned, the ASPCA’s handbook DOES have specific warnings on working with these dogs, one that is often neglected because of Pit Bull pushers like AFF and ‘Best Friends’. Even Tia Torres acknowledges that you need to carry a break stick even when walking them leashed, a rule that a majority of Pit owners ignore.

There is a very good reason these dogs are the choice of dog fighter criminals.

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 4:05 pm
    • Ican tell that you have never owned a pit. my pit just pass away.She was the most loveable lady any one could have. any dog cat or any animal can bite.Iguess that you feel that if a black man or white man dose something wrong they are all bad. Im sorry for the way you feel . try to read or talk to someone that has a pit, see what they say

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 11:24 pm
      • anecdotal stories of how great they are cannot overcome the average of 34 deaths over the years between 2010-2015. Never mind the costs of the attacks where the victim survived. Little Kevin Vincente’s medical bills are over $3million, which the public is going to have to pay. Pit owners seldom have insurance or enough insurance to cover the damages their dogs inflict on innocent victims. When the victim is a child, the costs go on through adulthood as there has to be revisions of the repairs as the victim grows older. Little Zainabou Drame had her jaw pulled from her face and her tongue ripped out by a neighbor’s Pit. The reattached the jaw but the tongue could not be attatched. A little girl is condemned to a trach all her life and will never taste ice cream or a hot dog.

How do you balance that out? How do you balance the funerals? We recall defective products, what makes it a good idea to have these bred to kill canines in proximity of families and children? Atlanta last week lost a 6 year old boy and his classmate is fighting for her life after roaming Pits attacked a group of children waiting for the school bus… and this is not the first incident of Pit Bulls using a school bus stop as a ‘hunting ground’. How do you balance that out?

Tuesday, 24 January 2017, 4:30 pm
    • First, no one knows the entire story of this dog. Any dog will bite. Ask any vet. My sister and myself have both had Pit Bulls. True bit bulls. We have owned German Sheppards, Rottweilers, Poodles, Australian Sheppards, Yorkies, Labs, and Springer Spaniels. A dog is how it is raised. Anyone who thinks their dog may have aggressive tendencies should seek a professional dog trainer. Problem fixed. Our Pit Bulls were no more aggressive than the Poodles. And only aggressive when protecting us.

Friday, 12 August 2016, 3:29 pm
  • Who was working in the office, the AIRHEAD TWINS? Muffy and Buffy.

Thursday, 11 August 2016, 6:10 pm