Armed Suspect Spotted Near Elementary School Taken Into Custody

BROOKSVILLE – A two-hour search for an armed suspect has come to an end, after Sheriff’s Deputies located the suspect in front of the Winn Dixie grocery store on Cortez Blvd, near I-75.

The search began in the area of Mondon Hill Road near Cortez Blvd, after a burglary suspect was spotted running nearby. It was later determined that the suspect was possibley armed and dangerous, which prompted the response of numerous deputies, K-9, and the agency’s air unit.

Just moments ago, the suspect was spotted in front of the Winn Dixie and taken into custody without incident. Sources say the suspect was armed with a handgun at the time of his apprehension.

One witness tells RNRF that she heard the suspect scream, “Don’t shoot, don’t shoot!” When deputies approached him with guns drawn.

There are unconfirmed reports that the suspect is 37-year-old Kevin Russell Bearden and that he has a long history of violence.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • So i guess everyone on here has the most perfect family members, regardless what everyone thinks my brother has issues but he is still my brother and he is loved and i am trying to get him on the right path, yalls comments are hurtfull so please keep that in mind before you slander someone.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 2:58 pm
    • was my roomate at the bridge drugs are a choice dont blame them blame him now the kids and grandkids got no dad pussy ass move right there say what ya want lot of us are living for our families drugs are a gd choice so are your kids his sorry ass point blank period god watch after the kids he cant how ya like the truth spit to ya from a man did ten years shut up and realize its him not drugs hope ya enjoyed the truth

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 11:44 pm
      • no slander we tried to help him he likes meth morethan his family sad but real look me up ive done way worse but i work not rob he is

Wednesday, 7 March 2018, 11:47 pm
  • So do you just copy and paste the HCSO Facebook or do you feel better typing it?

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 5:38 pm
  • More white trash it’s everywhere spring hill clean this white trash up its getting pretty redicious

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 1:51 pm
    • FOR EVERY WHITE TRASH THERE ARE 10 BLACK ONES 🙂 JUS SAYIN

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 5:03 pm
  • this was for sobeit

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 1:28 pm
  • If I had your # I would ask you to marry me 🙂

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 1:27 pm
    • I found out they were calls from my washer & dryer I had posted on a site, oops 😬

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 3:21 pm
      • 🙂

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 4:19 pm
  • Sure G! Take your black ass back to the hood!

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 6:41 am
    • Get ur hoods and ur bibles

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 3:13 pm
    • Since making my commits I have had 5 phone calls saying they dialed the wrong # and I’m not budging got my back up. Not do I accept scare tactics

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 12:41 pm
  • G. You are right he is white! which means he did exactly what the Deputy told him to do! Is why he did not get shot! Unlike your Race That Wants to put up a fight & not Listen to his ORDERS. So your point is?

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 6:00 pm
  • It would be interesting to hear how he got from Mondon Hill to Winn-Dixie. No way that fast on foot. Wonder who was driving.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:51 pm
  • Gotta Love HCSO for the Great Work they do They are Right on it !!! Thank’s
    I feel safe,,,

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:43 pm
    • Joyce, sorry, dont feel too safe, we still have a stabber and 1 or 2 armed killers out there, they haven’t caught them yet . Good catch on this one tho, now if they just keep him. Doubtful tho. .

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 7:35 pm
      • Sorry for your fright Polecat but the deputies are all masturbating in their cruisers right now

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 3:00 pm
        • WITH YOUR PICTURE TAPED TO THIER DASHBOARD 🙂

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 4:28 pm
          • Jumbo my face and your ass 😂

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 6:24 pm
            • Oops It’s Jimbo and his ass

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 6:26 pm
              • I meant that as a compliment !!!!! I am sorry if I offended you sweetheart !!!!!!!!!

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 1:26 pm
  • My God, what in the hell is happening? I know an investigation will take place and I am sure that Tom will let us in on all the details.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:22 pm
    • Don’t count on it. Tom doesn’t do follow ups very well. Occasionally he will hit one out of the park, but its not the norm.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 5:21 pm
        • but if it’s unconfirmed, then why publish a full name and ruin him? what if hes innocent?

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 6:49 pm
          • Kevin Bearden is not what all of you judgemental bastards think.. He is a good guy , Dad/cousin/ect…. I have known him all his life.. This guy has not a drop of sweat on him .. But just cuz he was at the wrong grocery store at the wrong time, gives all of you the right to decide to criticize him. To choose put him out on blast.. Oh he’s good to be running and hide n for 2 hours with no sweat.. Also why the fuck would he be at the closes grocery store .. Kevins smarter tgen this BULLS**T ARTICLE.. F**K ALL YOU JUDGEMENTAL WAISTE OF HUMANS !!!!

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 11:38 pm
            • You know he’s got a couple pages of arrests in Fl including felonies. He was carrying a gun. I go in grocery stores all the time and no one arrests me or most people. There are cameras all over the place in case that’s news to you–I think they knew who they were looking for.

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 12:16 pm
        • While I have no issues with RNRF, there was an incident at my home approximately 5 yrs ago, and there was not one piece of news reported that was correct. I was reported as having been killed, the sequence of events were all incorrect, and I found it just amazing that even after many phone calls to correct the article, nothing was done. I am not saying this article is not true, just know that the article I refer to caused many to say and think things that were not true. Just saying…

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:21 pm
          • I meant for my comment to go back under what Tom had said. My error, sorry.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:26 pm
        • For yalls info he wasnt the guy during the robery he didnt have a car he put his hands up and said dont shoot because he already had a warrant and they were lookingfor him i am his cousin and the douch begs are the losers commenting yalls 2 sence and didnt know like always

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:25 pm
          • I was arrested for abusing 911 and it was BS I called for help and they thought that I was my sister and while I was in jail I was abused I am a senior citizen battling Breast Cancer and getting out of the hospital I was fright and had no ride home nor money for a cab the deputies told me at 2 am to start walking rt 19 at 2 am very very confused and told me to turn off my phone the female cop said after me asking not so tight cuffs that I had neuropathy and she’s said I had my tits cut off too, this has been devistating to me I came home bruised and my sternum bone had a 4” contusion to where I was abused my arresting offer I’m sure told them to hurt me. I had seizures because I didn’t have my meds and they said I was faking it and that’s where my abused started.

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 12:38 pm
        • Your all quick to judge him because he got arrested for a hunch on being a robber when he was at winn dixie have any of u ever set in jail because some one said o he was the one i think when you were clearly not the one but the police get there money by makeing the arrest the county gets paid for u being in jail every day the public defenders get paid for representing u the judge gets paid by judgeing u and at the eand of the day your also paying them when u get out and the county dont have enough money to put in the roads or in the schools or even in the public to better your communty why ask your self before u point fingures and judge the next moron u see walking around think about why your little community looks like and every one judgeing is looking wealthy.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 9:50 pm
          • Why are you defending him unless you are a low life like him. Video does not lie and he will get his like the rest of these people who choose to be idiots and live a life of crime. Instead of believing your cousin. Also i know that no one mentioned videos but i for sure know there is one D/A

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 1:50 pm
            • Defending him??? Because the police in this county are abusive and get paid too much for the job they do for yalls county.. But you taxes payers are all blind and dont see that they arr just [email protected]$king all of you.. I have never been pleased with Hernando county .. So yes he had a gun on him , yes he has a record but he is not the person this stupid ass article has put him out to be…

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 7:42 pm
              • Not to worry I am more than sure he would not pass a lie detector test. You can stay blind all you want both of you however again there are more witnesses and since he has a record for being a criminal no doubt in my mind. as once a criminal always a criminal. probably rubbed off on you two D/A’s

Thursday, 1 February 2018, 8:50 am
        • Tom if inquiring minds really want to know tell them to go sit in the court rooms for all the court dates . They will learn the out come.

Wednesday, 31 January 2018, 6:57 am
  • He’ll be back on the streets in 6 months , the judges, sheriffs, and state mske more giving this prick probation , fines and court cost rather than giving him hard time. #impeachkneehighinshit

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:20 pm
  • GOD BLESS H.C.S.O.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:14 pm
  • REAL ARRESTS REAL FAST = HCSO

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:05 pm
    • Batman is on the job

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 5:10 pm
  • my concern would be where is the gun, hopefully it does not get in the hands of children

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:04 pm
    • Bugman, gun was on him when arrested, sources told Tom that. No worries on that issue.and that issue only.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 5:02 pm
    • Based on the report, “Sources say the suspect was armed with a handgun at the time of his apprehension.” Seems to me that HCSO ‘now’ has possession of that handgun and not anyone else.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 5:50 pm
  • Just start capping all these losers there are so many of them anymore they are becoming uncountable Stop wasting taxpayer money and resources on them

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 3:59 pm
    • Could’nt have said it better Lena! So tired of these douche bag punks…..

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 7:12 pm
  • Dude, you’re white. No need to worry about getting shot.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 3:51 pm
    • BULLLLLLLLLLLL WHY BE A RACIST ??????????????

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:12 pm
    • Check your facts……

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:28 pm
      • @g not enzo agree enzo….. Good job Tom appreciate all the info….

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:31 pm
    • Don’t you have more crack rocks to sell on Twigg?

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 4:45 pm
  • Another one bites the dust great job rnrf

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 3:33 pm
  • SHOOT THIS LOSER.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 3:24 pm
  • got i more off the street, for a little while anyway.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 3:17 pm
  • He probably has a mental disorder and was just trying to get someone to repair his refrigerator.He thought the gun was a cell phone but was confused

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 2:59 pm
  • the officer searching him is one of the best cops this county has besides mrs. Harp

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 2:58 pm