Two Confirmed Dead After Horrific Crash on Mariner Blvd- Victims Identified

SPRING HILL – A horrific scene tonight, after a two car accident claims the life of at least one person and possibly a second at the intersection of Mariner Blvd and Bali Lane.

Four Helicopters were initially requested by rescue officials but only one could fly due to inclement weather.

There are unconfirmed reports that a total of three patients, including a child, were transported to Bayonet Point Hospital, one to Oakhill Hospital, and a third victim was confirmed deceased at the scene.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on the scene investigating the cause of the accident at this time.

UPDATE: According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of a 2011 Infinity G37, 25-year-old Rahimer Mejia Travieso was traveling northbound at a high rate of speed, while trying to negotiate the left hand curve. Travieso lost control of the vehicle and began to rotate counter-clockwise into the southbound lanes – directly into the path of a 2010 Dodge Charger, Driven by 43-year-old Clarethia Cole.

Travieso was trapped inside the heavily damaged vehicle and died at the scene. Cole was transported to Oakhill Hospital, where she later died from her injuries. Passengers in the Dodge Charger, 37-year-old Latosha Cole was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital in serious condition and a 9-year-old girl was airlifted to All Children’s Hospital in serious condition.

Alcohol does not appear to be a factor in the cause of the accident.

yy1 yy2 yy3 yy4 yy5 yy6

Comments
  • Either way its tragic and i pray for all involved. SPEED KILLS

Saturday, 8 August 2015, 5:07 pm
  • WHY DEFEND HIM, IF HE WAS A METH ADDICT YOU WOULD BE TALKING CRAP. NY CLIPPERS IS KNOWN FOR MORE THAN HAIRCUTS. I’D LOVE TO SEE WHAT WAS IN HIS BLOOD

Saturday, 8 August 2015, 5:03 pm
  • I knew rai he was my barber he made a bad decision and was racing wit another car they are still trying to find the ther cars that left the charger he crashed into where family members of mine 2 people died and the mother and daughter are still uncritical condition my prayers go out to rai family he was a great person and barber he was a har dm worker and loved his family it sucks cause he just cut my hair last week R.i.p to everyone in this tragic accident but don’t bash him he made a mistake an he was not a thug

Monday, 20 April 2015, 2:57 pm
  • Doesn’t matter how nice he was in life now

He will now forever be the ass-clown that destroyed innocent lives with his COMPLETE disreguard for “OTHERS” in his MASSIVE rush down Mariner blvd’s residential area “with sidewalks, and people’s homes on BOTH sides of the road…. (On wet roads from the rain half of the damn day)

Just wait and see aprox how fast he was going in that 40mph zone, then you’ll get a clue just how much he was willing to gamble with others lives…

Sunday, 19 April 2015, 10:45 pm
  • Rai has been my barber for years, he was actually the FURTHEST thing away from a Thug. Very Respectful, Humble, Polite, Human Being! Anybody who knew him, can agree 100%. ….So dont be ignorant & assume different, especially if you didnt know him personally. my thoughts and prayers go out to both families involved.

Sunday, 19 April 2015, 7:18 pm
  • TUBBS is back….

NOW.. Yes I do feel sorry for the young man & his family that he is dead.. that caused this accident…
    The guy, when he was alive probably was no thug.. I’m sure he worked very hard and tried to get ahead in life just like the rest of us.

BUT. when you decide to drive a projectile at a high rate of speed and take out other peeps, such as this innocent family he hit, not to mention the little girl, that was severely injured that now has to grow up without her mother!

AND…nothing about race, I don’t even know the color of his skin… you always have to play the race card because you have nothing else to defend your crappy actions and thoughts with.

So in my option… the guy was fine until he wiped out the family… so now I do still call him a THUG!! SORRY I HURT YOUR FEELINGS!!!

Sunday, 19 April 2015, 2:41 pm
  • Just can’t wait to hear the scientific approximations of the speed the guy who lost control was going(as they have very accurate methods to closely approximate this today)….IMO & IME Having been around MUCH more than a few late model car wrecks, I’d be willing to bet that he was “approaching” DOUBLE the fairly slow posted speed limit on Mariner to cause this kind of carnage(just watch)….

This (speeding factor, in wet roads on top of it) is what changes it all from simply an accident where one happens to be at fault(where there are injuries), compared to one being definitely wreckless and ruining endless amounts of lives with ones complete carelessness….

Sunday, 19 April 2015, 3:30 am
  • Not to ruffle any feathers but if you willfully speed down a highway and lose control cause you were speeding that’s not an accident you don’t accidentally accelerate.

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 11:32 pm
  • Whoever said Ray was a thug, you are absolutely wrong! That was the most classy man I know & well respected too! He always brightened up people’s days just by smiling! Don’t talk shit if you don’t know the man, there is nothing bad to say about that man he was always talking good about everybody! Have a heart for crying out loud! R.I.P Ray I love you & everybody that knows you, knows who you really are <3 #NYFinestlove

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 11:29 pm
  • I knew this gentlemen. He was a great person and comes from a wonderful family. Will be greatly missed. So sorry for the people who died and affected by this awful tragedy. God bless these families.

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 9:50 pm
  • As far as I know & last I heard on friday, the young girl was alive but in serious condition with multiple injuries. I won’t speculate as to what, because all I know is here say. I work at the school the young girl attended and many people are close to the family, give both sides respect & continue to pray for the families & friends of the 2 that perished.

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 4:27 pm
  • Rip bro #shsbaseballbros

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 12:18 pm
  • Nuestras mas sentidas condolencias a la familia Mejías travieso, sentimos mucho lo pasado a rehimier un gran jovenhumilde trabajador, era muy amigo de mis hijos y nos visitó algunas veces a la Iglesia, para mi era un gran hijo , muy responsable y de gran corazón, Descansa en los brazos de Dios. Nuestra oraciones para toda la familia para que Dios les de Fortaleza… Los pastores. Juan y. María. Díaz y todos los hermanos de Iglesia Arca. Evangelica de Weeki Wachee fl….

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 11:52 am
  • Rey wee got u and ur fam in prayer barber love bro everyone from fitz where u work hard to the barber shop/// descansé en paz amigo

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 6:50 am
  • The ignorance. My prayers and heart goes out to his Sisters, brother, mom & rest of the family

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 5:58 am
  • He made a bad choice that caused death, we need to stop romanticizing speed. Will be interesting to learn of the toxology report.

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 3:22 am
    • Report ALREADY stated Alcohol was NOT a factor… Read the entire article before passing judgment…

Monday, 20 April 2015, 4:17 pm
  • It’s a shame that we can’t just let things be…both families lost someone important to them. It’s not like either party stated, “Jeeze, I think I’m gonna get in a wreck tonight!” It was an ACCIDENT, one that will forever impact the lives of all the loved ones of these precious people. More importantly we should focus on praying for the families that are grieving the tragic death of their family members…their loved ones…Who are we to judge anyone??? To all family members involved I’m sorry for your loss and am praying for all of you! May God surround you at this very moment and may he wrap his loving arms around all of you! My deepest condolences go out to both families. My heart grieves for all of you…-Much Love

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 1:01 am
  • Unnesscassary JUDGE about this young guy. God is the one decided NOT YOUR JUDGE!!!! Simply BE RESPECFUL his family and her family (Both got killed) God has an good reason and plans for both. Just be prayer for their family n friends. *Simply* Our condolences for their loss n they are in our prayer. Dios te bendiga from Daniel-Rivera and Perera familia

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:52 pm
  • The pos was speeding in a residential area and caused the death of a innocent family member and messed up a kids future.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:52 pm
  • Thug…wow really??? Don’t judge a book by its cover!!! He was a very respectful young man!! My condolences goes out to both families!! May God’s Angels be with them!!!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:17 pm
  • Good People do bad things too. Doesn’t make them bad people just wrong at that time.I have been on both sides of this debate and watched a man that was a great community leader most of his life make one bad judgement that he is now known for all eternity. Just a Sad day in Spring Hill today.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:43 pm
  • My Heart goes out to both families. To Alina I agree with u ,people need to stop taking life for granted and slow down. I personally knew the young man , it’s a tragedy. May he rest in peace and may these families find the peace to live on without them.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:37 pm
  • My Heart goes out to both families. To Alina I agree with u ,people need to stop taking life for granted and slow down. I personally need the young man , it’s a tragedy. May he rest in peace and may these families find the peace to live on without them.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:34 pm
  • @tubbs you don’t know anything about Ray. He was a hard working dude with a honest demeanor. Always told me to do the right thing. You’re an ignorant bastard.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:21 pm
  • It is a very sad day in Spring Hill today. Way to much pain to go around from this one.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:13 pm
  • Ok people I’ve read enough Listen Closely…. Many of us have made bad decisons at some point in our lives like drinking or smokin the good green stuff while behind a wheel. This doesn’t make us bad people, just the same as the color of our skin, or how we dress so please STOP ASSUMING that because you saw pics of this boy drinking in his car, or that he’s dark skinned makes him a “THUG”. What happened last night was, is, and will forever remain a SAD TRAGEDY ! People DIED ! Families LOST loved ones ! Serious injuries for the survivors if any we’re obtained ! The lives of many are FOREVER changed because of a bad decision ! If the report says that the driver of the Infinity was traveling at high speeds I believe it. WHY? because there is this team called “CRIME SCENE INVESTIGATORS” that the first thing they do is measure certain points of the scene such as Tire marks on the pavement, and car damage to all of the vehicles involved to determine who was actually at fault. This doesn’t make the driver of the infinity a BAD PERSON, A THUG, OR A MURDERER ! This makes him a candidate of poor choices. I so often see so many poeple not just young people driving at high speeds as if they are the only ones on the road. They cut in front of you because you’re going to slow for their liking only to make it to the red light before you “SERIOUSLY” Or the speed around you to cut in front to never advance from that spot “REALLY” Or they turn in front of you knowing damn well that your going at a much faster speed than them simply because they are at a standstill “SURE I GUESS SO” The thought that something horrific can occur from their lack of judgement probably never enters their mind. And then it happens, in an instant many, many lives are forever changed. For the victims as well as their families & friends. Loved ones are forever lost. WHY? Because they were in a hurry!! In a hurry for what? Were you in a hurry to kill someone or were you in a hurry to kill yourself? I am not speaking only to this boy driving the infinity, I am speaking to everyone who owns a DRIVERS LICENSE ! STOP WITH THE FREAKIN HURRY TO GET NO WHERE except possibly the MORG or HOSPITAL. Not just because you can end up killing yourself but in the process take the lives of others ! Lives that you DON’T HAVE THE RIGHT TO TAKE ! Lives that you don’t have the right to change certainly not in that manner. All for the sake of getting somewhere hoping it doesn’t end up no where. This boy didn’t get in his car intending for this very sad and unfortunate event to occur but it did because of poor judgement. My heart goes out to him because he died to young, his victims because they suffered for something they didn’t cause, and the families of all parties involved because they had something precious stolen from them. As a mother, sister, wife, daughter, and dear friend to so many I can not begin to imagine being the Mother, sister, daughter, or friend of that special someone who lost their life because of someone else’s poor judgment. To those lives forever changed I say this. .. May God give you the strength to understand and come to terms with your great loss. May he heal your soul from the loss & emptyness to come. May he grant you the gift of forgiveness for the person who caused your pain. And may he grant you peace for your future days. People STOP blamimg color, race, ethical background and all that other extra stuff you try to tag on its all bullshit. Remember that anyone of us can at anytime become a victim or be the victimizer. STOP hurring to get somewhere its better to get there 5mins later than to never make it there at all. STOP and think can you live with yourself if you caused the death of an innocent person simply because you were in a hurry ? Everyone stop judging this boy and start praying for everyone involved because there isnt enough prayers to go out that can give comfort to families at this time. I will pray for those families and I will also pray that people will start making better judgements when they are behind the wheel for themselves & others. MY SINCERE CONDOLENCES TO THE FAMILY OF ALL PARTIES INVOLVED.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:00 pm
  • Hopefully this will be a wake call to slow it down out there , all you see are speeders all day and nite out there on a 40 mile an hour road , is it worth your life? Sad

Friday, 17 April 2015, 7:52 pm
  • Prayers for both families.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 7:25 pm
  • I know this young man from his H.S. days. I am a retired teacher. He is no thug and how there anybody put this kid down. God Bless both familys

Friday, 17 April 2015, 6:39 pm
  • Praying for the families.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 6:37 pm
  • I am a mother of young adult drivers. How I worry about them. My thoughts are with the families.So very sad.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 6:09 pm
  • Well said Hawkeye , I’m sorry for the loss of your friend. No one ever knows when there time here on earth will end , Lord hear our prayers and forgive those who pass judgment for they not know what they do or say .

Friday, 17 April 2015, 6:04 pm
  • Day or night Mariner is a residental race track. The commercial areas of Mariner have poor traffic flow. Mariner is almost impossible to cross on foot because of the rises of the roadway and the curves. It is so scary to drive Mariner just like narrow Northcl9ff Blvd.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 5:39 pm
  • Yall all need to stop, my family just lost a cousin

Friday, 17 April 2015, 5:02 pm
  • My heart goes out to all the friends and family involved in the accident…the driver was family to me and was a great kid I love u rahimer u will be missed primo protect and watch over us all papi :'(

Friday, 17 April 2015, 3:48 pm
  • Mi best sincere condolences to the family on the crash, travieso, was a friend of the family member, a very well raised kid. Sorry for the Family loss, and for the other family too,… R I P.they are with God now.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 3:26 pm
  • I knew Rahimer, he was our friend- not a thug. At this horrible time, lives have been lost- can we just take a moment to respect the souls that families and friends just lost, instead of bashing a person who is now no longer with us, who is now being judged because of people’s negative accusations. Rahimer did not intentionally do this, he sadly had an ACCIDENT, which is why they’re called ACCIDENTS- thug or not- he doesn’t deserve people to be saying such horrible things about him – he hasn’t even been deceased for 24 hours. I feel horrible, and this is a hard time and everyone handles death in their own ways- but if youre just going to come here to bash the dead, who cannot defend their actions- then kindly keep the negativity to yourself. you are no better than a THUG if you cant keep your mouth shut. anyways- RIP to the Mejia family and to all families and friends who have lost someone in this horrible accident. Gods Bless. — The Morera Family. — Paul, Amanda, Little Paul, Loly, Pablo, Melissa, Alain, Andres, Arelys, Leo, and Mirelys. (Tanya, Rolex & Patches, & Frankie) #watchoverus #RIP #youwillbemissed

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:30 pm
  • Idiots and speed kills both of you are fools it was pouring rain how did they come up with that he was speeding did they clock him doing so no there going off of assumptions and your the only ones making an ass of yourselves by sparking hate on a post that has to do with peoples death you guys are pathetic and is why this shithole of a town is going down hill so get out of here with that bullshit you scum

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:26 pm
  • I knew Rahimer, he was our friend. At this horrible time, lives have been lost- can we just take a moment to respect the souls that families and friends just lost, instead of bashing a person who is now no longer with us, who is now being judged because of people’s negative accusations. Rahimer did not intentionally do this, he sadly had an ACCIDENT, which is why they’re called ACCIDENTS- thug or not- he doesn;t deserve people to be saying such horrible things about him – he hasn’t even been deceased for 24 hours. I feel horrible, and this is a hard time and everyone handles death in their own ways- but if youre just going to come here to bash the dead, who cannot defend their actions- then kindly keep the negativity to yourself. you are no better than a THUG if you cant keep your mouth shut. anyways- RIP to the Mejia family and to all families and friends who have lost someone in this horrible accident. Gods Bless. — The Morera Family. — Paul, Amanda, Little Paul, Loly, Pablo, Melissa, Arelys, and Mirelys. (Tanya, Rolex & Patches) #watchoverus #RIP #youwillbemissed

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:25 pm
  • It’s amazing how quickly people are judged. It doesn’t matter how it happened someone died. We were all young once and maybe drove to fast done reckless things. My thoughts go out to the family.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:14 pm
  • Get em Tom!!!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:54 pm
  • I know the driver in the infinity personally. He was a friend of my son and my neighbor. He used to hang out at my house. This kid NEVER disrespected me, or anyone else that I ever saw. He was ALWAYS welcomed in my house, and he MOST DEFINITELY WAS NOT A THUG!!. hE WAS A HARD WORKING YOUNG MAN WHO PROBABLY MADE A POOR CHOICE TO SPEED, AND IT COST HIM AND OTHERS DEARLY. BUT HE WAS NOT A THUG OR A BAD BERSON, OR A DRUGGIE OR A DRUNK… DON’T ASSUME YOU KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT A PERSON BECAUSE YOU SEE A YOUNG DARK SKINNED KID IN A NICE CAR, THAT HE MUST BE A GANG BANGER OR CRIMINAL TO AFFORD SOMETHING LIKE THAT… HE AND THE PEOPLE HE SURROUNDED HIMSELF WITH ARE ALL GREAT PEOPLE.LIKE I SAID EARLIER, MY CHILDREN WERE SOME OF HIS FRIENDS…

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:53 pm
    • we all, more often when young, make bad choices. I spun across 6 lanes of us 19, was heading north, ended up in the south bound retention area hit a puddle going about 50 in the rain (as i am pretty sure it did yesterday).. an 18 wheeler was coming the other way… thankfully he saw me start to spin and slowed to a near stop before I crossed his path. wasn’t my time. Sorry for your families loss.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 6:02 pm
  • @ Nene I nerve said he was speeding and yes I read the update ( According to the Florida Highway Patrol, the driver of a 2011 Infinity G37, 25-year-old Rahimer Mejia Travieso was traveling northbound at a high rate of speed) Geniuses!! I’m pretty sure that they have investigated and are positive on what they have found before they put it out to the public don’t you think ??? I had to respond to you b/c of what you said but just know that the leave a reply is to show remorse to the families and all the victims involved not for anyone to pass judgment on the people involved we where not there so we don’t know what happen and we shouldn’t just assume b/c when you do you make an “ASS” out of yourself Good Day Nene !!! just sad 🙁

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:40 pm
  • here we go again speed kills when will people learn driving is a privalge ,don’t drive in a rush leave a little early,why is it everyone prays to God when these things happen drive more carefully an GOD will allways bless you. just ask.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:29 pm
  • Would have been great if they would have used the certousy to white out the motorcyclist from the accident in January. My condolences to the families

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:25 pm
  • How do you know he was even speeding cuz tom lemons ass said so was he there were you there ? It was pouring last night and these roads suck in springhill its so easy to hydroplane out here its ridiculous but dont beleive everything you read in an article its easy to assume he was speeding because of the pics but no one witnessed him doing so . Rip to both this counties ignorance kills me man

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:06 pm
    • Third Vehicle Possibly Involved in Deadly Accident on Mariner Blvd
      Hey Dumbass the other driver his retarded ass was racing witnessed it, I hope he can’t even sleep at night and if he does sleep may he be awakened by nightmares………….

Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 6:33 am
  • i’m so sorry for both families i’ve lost a love one like this ……you must driver for yourself and everyone around you !!! you never now what will happen so sad

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:03 pm
  • OMG people just don’t know when to quit. Two lives were lost and all you wanna do is call him a “thug” really? How fucking disrespectful can you be? How more ignorant can you get? Keep your negative comments to yourself because they’re not wanted. You need to have some damn respect. Stop talking shit.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:42 pm
  • y’all make me sick, it is no wonder that we the people are failing…

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:38 pm
  • All those pics on his profile of him drinking and bottles of alcohol in the infinity….lets see what the toxicology report revels

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:34 pm
  • @Sam…you ignorant POS. What a soon time to make such a heartless comment. No one is judging you and your queer self sitting at home alone right now.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:10 pm
    • Done with your personal attacks yet! Send some more if it makes you fell better! All I did is state the facts. I am sad people died, but 100s of thousands of people die everyday all over the world! Sorry to say it again, speed kills, the speeder as well as the innocent! Personally I hope this makes just one person think before they go speeding around town! May God bless you as well as the dead and their families. Have a good day.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:38 pm
  • irresponsible driver caused the life of another person.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:34 am
  • Agree, Nothing makes him look like a thug. Very ignorant comment by Tubbs. He dosn’t look like a bad guy.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:21 am
  • Sam no one has time for your evil comments here is 2 families greiving the lost of a loved one…. And ALSO yes assuming always make a ASS out of you.. Praying for strength for both families

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:00 am
    • What is evil about my comments? I spoke the truth! I am sorry for the ladies and the child!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:32 am
  • Hernando thug ? .. Just assuming that by his pictures?. That’s pretty bold statement, when you didn’t even know the person, and judging him. You’re sir are ignorant and naive. I’m sorry but it’s true. I knew this guy and he was not thug. I can give you thousands of reasons why but in this moment all that has to be done is to pray for his family n everyone else’s n for those who still in the hospital ..

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:59 am
  • Tubbs dumass dosent even know him. You cruel *********. Get a life and get a heart with compassion. R.i.p, Rahimer we love u. May your soul rest in peace. Was a wonderful person inside and out!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:48 am
  • Heard all the sirens and helicopter last night. I knew it was bad. So sad to see this. May the Lord comfort all involved; prayers for the families. This is literally the most dangerous place to drive I’ve ever lived. There is every kind of bad driver possible in this town. There is also a lot of speeding at night it seems. I live close to Elgin & Barclay hear racing cars and motorcycles nightly; Mariner is notorious for that, too.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:31 am
  • I don’t believe the young man looks like a thug at all!!!! And, that kind of comment is so cruel and uncalled for.. Thug or not, he died, show some compassion for the family at least.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:18 am
  • Prayers for everyone an there families god be with them all so sad.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:06 am
  • did the 9 year old survive ?

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:02 am
  • so sad, I;m sorry for everyone involved and their loved ones!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:31 am
  • Praying for the families… Lisa you will be missed

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:16 am
  • Check out this guys facebook page… Another Hernando County Thug!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:12 am
    • Note the movies, Fast and Furious and Gone Girl! I guess to FAST and GONE BOY! So sad for the innocent ones!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 9:40 am
    • @Tubbs – Screw you man, you don’t know the first thing about this kid…I DO. He was no Thug he was a hard working great kid. There is nothing on his FB page that even suggests that. How dare you!! ASSHOLE

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:43 am
      • Third Vehicle Possibly Involved in Deadly Accident on Mariner Blvd….This “Speed Thug” who was racing against sir dumb ass needs to PAY with the rest of his life

Tuesday, 21 April 2015, 6:29 am
    • Thug?? what about his page makes him a thug, you’re an @$$ for saying that. Extremely disrespectful and naive.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:20 am
    • Another Hernando County Racist

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:43 pm
    • what makes someone think that this young man was another “thug”? Seriously people.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:13 pm
    • I have looked at his facebook page and there is nothing that would lead a person to believe he is a thug. He is proud of his look and that probably has to do with his job since he was a barber. He was probably showing off his or another colleagues great clipper work. I did not know this young man but the word thug would never come to mind just by looking at his facebook page. You are an idiot Tubbs and should keep your garbage comments to yourself when you dont know the person and given the sad circumstances. He made a mistake by speeding but that does not make him a horrible person. We all have sped at one time in our life and nobody should pay the ultimate price with their life.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:33 pm
    • @TUbbs http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/thug check out the definition of thug before you speak. He might be at fault but he was no thug. Hard working kid with lovely family that are hurting right now.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 5:07 pm
    • Tubbs…U R an IDIOT!!!! There is nothing on his Facebook page that would make U think he was a thug……Obviously your just an ASSHOLE!!!

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 1:45 am
    • May I also point out that since you are not “friends” w/ him on Facebook all you’re being allowed to see are his cover photos (pics. of himself mostly) if you were a friend I’m sure you would be seeing much more intimate details of his life. Maybe then you would respond like a human being, Tubbs and Sam. Why is it that people like you never post under their full names ?? I wish comfort for the families…

Saturday, 18 April 2015, 2:16 pm
  • I live 2 blocks off Mariner and sit on my back porch a lot. It amazes me how often I here people racing! I agree they need speed traps on Mariner, BAD!!! It’s time to start saving some lives!!!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:55 am
  • Horrible accident my thought and prayers to the families

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:41 am
  • Terrible accident! Time for the Hernando County Sheriff to move the speed enforcement patrol from the day shift on Spring Hill Blvd to the evening shift on Mariner.
    Many complain about this type of law enforcement but it works. Maybe a texting and driving trap could also be enacted on all our streets.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:32 am
  • Wasn’t there, but I heard all the sirens! Look like their was one hell of a lot of speed involved to mangle the cars like that! Sure wished I knew the details of the accident! Looks like the the white Charger(?) tee boned the SUV/van(?)! Sad, but I suspect this is a case of “speed kills”! Of course the cars don’t accelerate themselves.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:22 am
    • Just read the update and see the Infinity not the Charger was speeding. Just goes to show ya not to assume too much! Based on the pictures I would have guessed the Charger driver was at fault. So wrong I would have been!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:30 am
      • and it rained yesterday, later in the day, roads were wet/slick. from what i am reading.. sounds like a young guy going to fast for conditions,. sad

Friday, 17 April 2015, 5:55 pm
  • Sending prayers

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:12 am
  • Too many automobile accidents around here everyday, What in the world is going on, It is very unsafe to drive around here.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 8:09 am
  • Praying for my family in Florida….from Alabama…we are so sorry for or lost…but keeping the family in our prayers !!!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 7:36 am
  • I also arrived seconds after it occurred, before any help. Very sad situation. The driver of the black car passed away and it was right in front of the Hair Salon that his mother owns, and a block away from the Barbershop that he worked in.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 7:04 am
  • Reminds you of how tender life is and how quickly it can change. Praying for the victims and the rescuers.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 3:52 am
  • Praying for everyone involved and there families. If you notice there is an angel in the white car the very bright light.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 2:17 am
    • Yes Andrea I noticed that too, I prayed last night and this morning for these families that God give them strength through this trying time. My deep condolences to both families.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 10:23 am
    • Whilst I do believe in angels, the bright light you are seeing is what is used to block the image of the deceased in the vehicle. The cars shown are quite enough carnage, nobody needs to see bodies. So sad. Prayers for the victims and the families of the deceased.

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:31 am
    • The white space you are referring to were placed there so you couldn’t see the bodies. It’s not a random “white light”

Friday, 17 April 2015, 11:44 am
  • I arrived right after it happened before ambulances or cops made it there and it was horrific and so sad. The screams and cries and what I saw was not pretty. I pray for the families!

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:36 am
  • The car is a white charger

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:26 am
  • Praying for the victims as well as all of the firemen, medics and Leo’s who deal with this carnage. Prayers to them all

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:16 am
  • Father in these time we need you ARMS OF PROTECTION nd Strong HOLD on these families… whateva the outcome is we pray for peace

Friday, 17 April 2015, 1:05 am
  • praying there’s an angel looking after each and everyone involved god bless these poor people

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:59 am
  • Can anybody tell exactly what kind of car that white One is

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:58 am
    • 2010 Dodge Charger

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:23 pm
  • Praying for everyone involved, Horrible scene

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:47 am
  • P

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:44 am
  • Sending prayers to each and every one that was in the accident and there family and friends

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:43 am
  • Father God I lift up these people….. so so sad….

Friday, 17 April 2015, 12:41 am