; ;

At Least Two Injured in Multi-Vehicle Crash, Deltona Blvd and Bay Drive

SPRING HILL – At least two people suffered injuries after a multi-vehicle crash occurred at the intersection of Deltona Blvd a Bay Drive.

Three vehicles were involved in the crash, including one that overturned and came to rest on its roof. The northbound lanes of Deltona Blvd are blocked at this time.

The cause of the crash is under investigation.

• I turn there every day and wait until it is clear to go. Then I see people from east side of Bay Dr. crossing straight over two lanes of traffic to get onto west side of Bay Dr. We do not need a light there. There is a light and plenty of access to light on Forest Oaks Blvd.

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 7:20 pm
  • That center lane on mariner with the arrows on it, is that a turn lane or a merge lane. There seems to be a lot confusion about that. Hope no one seriously injured and thanks to the ones that helped,

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 12:18 am
  • Lights and stop signs only work for people who obey the laws. And we don’t have dibs on the careless drivers, they are all over the world.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 10:21 pm
  • I hate that intersection.. it’s so dangerous! One time I was driving south on Deltona blvd & someone from Bay drive came speeding toward my car NOT stopping, so I had to slam on my breaks, making me almost hit a pole! Someone please fix this intersection ASAP!!

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 9:03 pm
  • No light necessary if they make it possible to only turn right and not to cross. It’s sensible like at 50 & Ft Dade. It’s not meant to be a 4-way.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 8:40 pm
  • We need no more lights there is enough congestion here already. Adding yet another unsynchronized traffic signal within a few hundred feet of another signal would be absurd. I’m very familiar with the area, what they need is to fill in the median and block people from crossing Deltona all together. That would alleviate the issue. What we need is driver education courses and remove the cell phones from the vehicles. I believe seventy to eighty percent of the population here don’t understand proper driving etiquette and how to merge, yield, pass, right of way etc.,etc..The Florida Statute on Cell Phone use is a Joke, it enables these types of accidents to happen. Florida needs to mirror Washington State guidelines were holding a cell phone will get you fined and in some cases incarcerated. Hernando County Sheriff’s Office is to blame I believe as well. There was a time here when you were afraid to speed anywhere, in fear of getting fined, they need to step up the patrols and the stops, I see a lot SO Units parked in front homes but not out patrolling.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 7:58 pm
    • We don’t need any ideas from liberal Washington state. What is needed is for drivers to pay attention and be patient. And, those officers that have police cars parked in front of homes need to sleep sometime. Guess you’d prefer to have them on the road patrolling, sometimes at high rates of speed, with no sleep. Dumb!

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 1:31 am
      • Studies show that driving a vehicle while using a cell phone impairs drivers equivalently to driving drunk. The studies reflect no political bias. The idea of banning cell phone use while driving a vehicle is as reasonable as the idea of banning drunk driving.

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 5:50 pm
    • I drive for a living and see more people on cell phones here. HCSO is not on the road enough looking into vehicles. I see them on cell phones themselves. Need more cell phone offenders ticketed.

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 7:25 pm
  • As the Other mother of this young lady thank you for being there and your quick reaction. She was so grateful.

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 7:46 pm

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 6:43 pm
  • Came by right after it happened, looked bad, no way do u need another light there, people need to learn to wait til it’s safe to go. Or simply go to light at Forest Oaks and turn. Glad you and your son were waiting patiently and weren’t injured. The light that they are putting in on Mariner heading to Cortez is gonna be a cluster f&&&, wait and see, bet there are lots of rear end collisions there, with the hill and all. Just not safe out there!!!! Barely safe in your own home with all the meth heads wandering around. Hope all those injured will be okay!

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 6:36 pm
    • Agreed.

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 1:32 am
    • no its not bad drivers, its just we dont have a traffic light at every single road. Bad drivers dont exist its traffic lights faults or lack there of. just read the comments and find out thats a general feeling. cant blame the drivers no self responsibility..

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 9:11 pm
  • The blue hairs are back. Hope all is well

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 6:26 pm
    • Hate to clue you in sweetie but it’s not just the older folks. The younger ones are out here trying to drive while socializing on their damn phones…just sayin

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 10:20 pm
      • Lately I see more older folks on the phone driving than younger ones

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 2:41 pm
        • I have seen the same recently

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 2:44 pm
  • Stop speeding and pay attention to your driving this is an every day occurrence around here

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 6:18 pm

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 5:40 pm

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 5:39 pm
  • The snow birds r coming!

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 5:33 pm
  • My 12 yr old son and I were in the turning lane, nouthbound, on Deltona, waiting to turn onto Bay Dr.
    Views were obstructed, and I said to my son, “they really need a light at this intersection,” and boom! We saw those cars collide, the one spun in the air landed on its roof.
    Three gentleman got out of their vehicles and removed the driver of the flipped car in seconds. Those gentlemen are heros, THANK YOU!!

Please, we NEED a light, at the intersection of Deltona and Bay!

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 5:20 pm
    • I agree you should not be able to go straight across at that intersection

Wednesday, 18 October 2017, 6:51 pm
      • The answer is patience, not blocking the road.

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 1:34 am
        • no we need traffic lights all over at the end of your drive way, we need crossing guards, piles of stop signs, road blocks, you name it we need it, we cant expect people to take personal responsibility.. I cant believe people actually think its just not bad drivers.. scary people are so dense

Thursday, 19 October 2017, 9:13 pm