Birthday Party Turns Tragic After Toddler Drowns in Hot Tub

TRINITY (PASCO) – A birthday party turned tragic this evening, after a family visiting from Russia lost their 1-year-old child to a drowning that occurred on Lady Palm Court.

According to officials, Fire Rescue responded to 1809 Lady Palm Court, after receiving reports of a drowning.

According to officials, residents were celebrating a birthday party when the parents of the victim realized their infant son was missing. After searching the residence, the child, Andrei Loginov was discovered unresponsive, floating in a hot tub. The toddler was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa, where he was pronounced deceased.

Foul play is not suspected and officials say it appears to just be a tragic accident.

Comments
  • I read an article today about parents being charged with murdering their 1 month old baby. This couple did not intentionally harm their baby boy. Yes they made a mistake and the pricetag was a big one. But there is no need to say what everyone already knows and most likely the parents as well that they should have been watching more closely. How about putting the I told ya so attitude away and show a little respect for parents who just lost their 1yr old son. Maybe it was their first child. Maybe not. But its a rollercoaster of emotions that you will never understand until you have lost a 1yr old baby that way. So if you have no kind words, keep your comment to yourself. Prayers to the family and baby.

Thursday, 26 October 2017, 12:59 pm
  • My prayers for the child’s parents.RIP Little Angel.

Tuesday, 24 October 2017, 1:34 pm
  • WATER IS WATER AND A POOL IS A POOL IN EVERY COUNTRY.. WATER DROWNS… OWNERS SHOULD HAVE TAKEN MEAUSURES WITH CHILD SAFETY FENCING… SO SORRY PARENTS BABY RIP

Monday, 23 October 2017, 9:45 pm
  • I dislike irresponsible parents. If you have children, you are to watch them like a hawk and not let them out of your sight.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 8:21 pm
  • No one knows what lead up to the kid drowning the parents could have asked someone to keep a eye on him while they went to the bathroom or was chasing other kids around or whatever the case may be and maybe they didn’t hear them or whatever ppl need to stop blaming the parents don’t u think they feel bad as it is I don’t think they need to be bashed over social media it only takes a min for a accident to happen. I hope the family finds peace sorry for your loss RIP

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 10:35 pm
  • There are no words……

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 4:37 pm
  • there but for the grace of god go i… we as parents all screw up.. just dont necessarily pay this price.. god bless .. rip

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 12:47 pm
  • I too am sorry for the loss of this tiny one BUT I agree w/ the ladies…. How can SOMEONE not be responsible for a child , of any age???? These drownings are so preventable… Blessings to this tiny angel

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 10:08 am
  • I AGREE….. Sad but this didn’t have to happen like this. If the parents or ANY adult at that stupid party was watching that helpless baby he would still be here today.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 9:59 am
  • Theirs always the judgemental ones. Couldn’t happen to you cause you’re a perfect parent right? Prayers to the family. They’re going through a hell i wouldn’t wish on anyone.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 9:38 am
    • you dont have to be perfect to not let your child die at 1 year old unattended. smh. a child is a huge responsibility. I had my kids in early drowning prevention classes, alarms on the doors, locks on cabinets, pool gate pool cover pool vibration alarm, My children that young didnt leave my sight or a reliable care giver unless in a crib in our room. when the kids started crawling, before I was on my knees and hands looking on the floor is there anything harmful. electric outlets covered. etc. This was a preventable tragedy.

Monday, 23 October 2017, 9:55 am
  • @always amazed and Robin, either you never had children or you’re just so miserable with your life choices that you feel the need to be trolls and nudge other’s. Go find a life for yourself, find happiness, life is too short.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 7:29 am
  • I agree where were this child’s parents at and what had them too occupy to not keep a eye on there 1 yr old child

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 1:34 am
  • These people were visiting here from Russia too. I can only imagine the hoops they are gonna have to jump through to get his little body transported back to Russia for burial. Not to mention a financial burden this can be. It is so heartbreaking to hear. :'(

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:52 pm
  • Players for the family and child..

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:47 pm
  • What a tragedy. 😥. Praying for the family.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:20 pm
  • yes, it’s tragic when the care-givers aren’t watching the active toddler.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 11:16 pm
  • I am sorry for the loss of a child but I always wonder what in the hell were the parents doing that a child is not closely watched? Especially a 1 yr old.

Saturday, 21 October 2017, 10:41 pm
    • i agree Robin. so sad.

Sunday, 22 October 2017, 12:03 am