Body Discovered in Brooksville Neighborhood Possibly that of Missing Endangered Adult

BROOKSVILLE – Police are conducting a death investigation in the area of Oakdale Ave and Sharon Street, after a body was discovered in a nearby wooded area.

According to Brooksville Police Captain, Rick Hankins, a preliminary examination of the deceased has revealed no evidence of foul play. “An identification card was located inside the clothing of the deceased that is conducive with a recently reported missing and suicidal subject,” said Hankins. There were no further details available at this time.

On July 20th Brooksvlle Police announced the disappearance of the 30-year-old Brandon Roye who was last seen on July 13th in the area of 925 Ponce De Leon Blvd. Roye told his mother that he was going fishing and never returned.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • I am very grateful for the memories you gave me coop and everything you have done for me you have been on my mind none stop. this is very heart breaking and to his daughter your father has a heart of a lion and would go the extra mile for a friend. I have so many stories to share if you ever want a earful. i Have known your dad since I was 15 years old now going on 32 years old. Swoop 2 gat… Hope you and gato link up in the afterlife. Dylan Hooper your 831 fam.

Tuesday, 30 January 2018, 1:26 pm
  • i am hoping it was not suicide but a the same if it was not suicide what kinda person would have so much hate in their heart to kill an inasant man that probly did not see it coming and im sure he did not deserve to go out like that and if he was killed i hopethey get punished and their gilt is slowly killing them

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:57 am
  • i know thats a lie hes not missing and not suicidal my nana/ bitch must of killed him she hates him and has tried before in front of my and also shes a lier and my dad does’nt go fishing ———his dauter al

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:47 pm
    • ali itz kayla itz gonna be ok i am here for you if you need anything i will help u

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:22 am
  • I was the one who found the body in call the cops i even have a video of the body it was so scared i was even taking the kids in the woods to work on the tree house in we saw that omg

Friday, 10 November 2017, 8:31 pm
    • hi this is ali i am his daughter im on somones account screw the person who killed my dad i will kill them too

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:37 pm
  • Couldn’t believe the news. hope you’re in a better place bro. My thoughts are with you. Love you homie.

Monday, 7 August 2017, 2:09 am
    • who the hell are u

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:38 pm
      • Hi aliawna. My name is casey, I was a good friend of your daddy when we were growing up. I met you once right after you were born. I had not talked with your dad for a long time, and I am very sorry for what happened. If there’s ever anything you need please let me know. I don’t know your mom, but hopefully you know your dad had many friends who cared about him and who care about you.

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 1:45 pm
        • ali would be happy to hear that she cant reply right now because when she did reply we were at school i will tell her she is in my class that might calm her down but we got in trouble when the teacher saw that we were replying on this site.so she might reply when she gets home the only reason im replying is because i wuz looking into this for her i didnt go to school today because i need to work a scince fair project but i will tell her plz dont hate on me im just helping a close friend.

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:35 am
  • Brandon and I have been friends for over 25 years. Sure he had his issues, who doesn’t. But he had a heart of gold and would give the shirt off his back for anyone in need. He was in a bad place recently and maybe felt there was no way out. I wish with all my soul he would have called me. One of Mine and Brandon’s good friends committed suicide when we were 18 . It hurt us all a lot. It’s hard to think he would do this to us. He took a temporary problem and made a permanent solution. I will truly miss one of my best friends. He leaves behind 2 beautiful children, his mom and dad, and tons of family and friends. Rest In Peace Coop. I am sorry I couldn’t be there in your time of darkness. I love and hope you can forgive me.

Sunday, 6 August 2017, 1:38 pm
    • His death is still under investigation and a witness has come forward with shocking information.

Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 12:58 am
    • im your neese ali

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:38 pm
    • i am one of his kids friend her name is aliawna when she found out about his death she was so devistated she started crying under her desk at school it wuz really hard on her she is sure that it is homicide she thinks it is her nana because once he nana tried to kill him in front of her she told me.she also told me that her “dad doesnt go fishing”

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:49 am
  • No one knows what a mental health patient goes through on a daily bases. Some days your happy and feel like your on top of the world. Other days you feel like running away and leaving everything behind. When you dont have someone to talk to someone to keep you in mind and help you see the good in the world you fall on the dark and that well make you do anything to make it stop. Taking your own life is sad yes but for most it is thw only way out of the darkness that lays within. I pray that the family heals from this… I live close to where he was found and have drove by that area a million times and if i would have seen someone in disstress i would have tried to call for help for them. Its sad to know that no one in the area seen him or knew he was close by and needed help. #mentalhealthawareness

Sunday, 6 August 2017, 3:59 am
    • I know what you mean cause I have mental illness and other illness so I know what what he was going through

Thursday, 10 August 2017, 3:04 pm
  • I pray for this mans family. Suicide affects so many people beyond family. My sons are the ones who found the body. We said a prayer last night for this boys mom and family that may she find some closer. Are thoughts are with you.

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 6:56 pm

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:39 pm
    • me and her daughter looked at this yesterday not only did it disturb her it also made me cry with her

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:51 am
      • his not her sorry

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:52 am
  • Im so sorry for this man’s
    family and Friends

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 4:41 pm
    • thanks

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:39 pm
  • I pray that the family can turn there pain into something constructive,we love you.

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 4:01 pm
    • fu

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:40 pm
  • Brandon was a friend of mine. He didn’t deserve to go out like that. He had his issues, and often felt like he had no one to turn to. He didn’t like to bother other people with his problems. I wish he had bothered me before doing something so drastic.

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 11:22 am
  • Another mental health suicide , he probably wasn’t able to find any help for his problems.

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 1:09 am
  • If It was suicide I am so sorry for him and his family. There are way to many suicide cases nowadays. In fact I just dealt with that tonight. God please heal all those that are hurting!! If Im wrong. Im sorry. If Im right God help them! I lost a brother to suicide 5 years ago. Feels like yesterday!

Saturday, 5 August 2017, 12:35 am

Wednesday, 6 December 2017, 12:43 pm
      • im sue he wuz a good man and im sure that if he waz mudered the po po (police) will get to the bottom of it

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 10:37 am