Body of Missing Spring Hill Man, Paul Marvella, Located in Alachua County

ALACHUA COUNTY – A sad day for family and friends of Paul Marvella, the man who disappeared on January 15th, while traveling back to Spring Hill from Jacksonville. (ORIGINAL ARTICLE)

Officials are now reporting that Marvella’s body was located earlier today near the location where his SUV was discovered in a marshy area along I-75 called Payne’s Prairie.

Marvella’s body will be sent to the medical examiner’s office for positive identification.

We will bring more on this story in new information develops.

pics paul-3 paul-2 truck-1

Comments
  • My deepest condolences to his family. May he rest in eternal peace.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 9:31 pm
  • FoodforThought i cannot believe you would post something like that. Your level of understanding a common sense is at question. Nothing more.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 8:29 pm
    • the poster go figure hit the nail on the head and you failed to use common sense. your level of understanding is at question. I feel awful for these parents. I wish they had answers sooner and that the extent of it. whats so wrong about that. if the news and facts bother you, there are websites that are more warm and fuzzy just for you.

Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:50 am
  • Very sad to hear about this young man, God I ask you to strengthen the family at this time bereavement. Sorry for your lost.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 11:38 am
  • Foodforthough, That is just what this family needs to hear right now. How SICK.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 7:40 am
    • I agree Regular Joe and Mike, this poor family has suffered and is still suffering. Prayers for all his family and friends, RIP young man, soar with the angels.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 11:05 am
    • MAY THE LORD BE WITH HIM AND HIS FAMILY AT THIS VERY HARD TIME !!!

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 11:14 am
    • Pretty sure foodforthought was just meaning that was one of the dangers making it hard to search that area

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 2:41 pm
      • the people read a comment and try to turn it in to something rude and negative instead of thinking beyond that. reasoning and logic escape many people unfortunately.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 6:20 pm
    • THANKYOU FOR SPEAKING OUT ON THIS JUST A REGULAR JOE. IF I REMEMBER RIGHT food for thought CLAIMED IN ONE POST HE WENT TO HEALTH CARE. GOD HELP ANY PATIENTS THAT MUST DEAL WITH THIS JERK !!!!
      The young man’s family needs all our prayers now not stupid remarks from idiots. May God be with them & help in their healing.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 2:50 pm
      • I do work in health care. I am well known in my profession for being polite and professional. You feel Im being rude and that its wrong so you go and make rude comments that Im an idiot and a jerk. whens your birthday so I can buy you a dictionary so you can look up hypocrite.

Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:41 am
    • you really cant follow the reasoning I posted that. the comprehension level of you and others is very limited at best.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 6:17 pm
      • COMPASSION, look it up, that’s what we are saying, See if you can comprehend that. Geez. Compassion, love and understanding. I feel sorry for you Foodforthought , but sorrier for the parents of this young man.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 8:56 pm
        • No need to feel sorry for me. I hope the parents find closure and the facts come out not that we all hide and act like nothing happened. I find this situation to be serious. Im glad tom wrote about it. Im sorry facts bother you.

Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:43 am
  • Prayers for the family…

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 6:39 am
  • Such a tragic outcome… Glad that his family can have some kind of closure now. I am an old friend of Pauls from years ago, he was one of the nicest guys you will ever meet.

Praying for his Fiancee and Family… ?

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 4:38 am
  • This area is well known for having a large number of alligators.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 10:31 pm
    • Your just stupid!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dumb remark.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 6:24 am
      • Actually news articles indicated that the large number of alligators is the reason why a better search wasn’t done in the first place…

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 12:07 pm
      • stating factual information is dumb? did your parents teach you that? also its you’re not your. smh. i bet you have the genius hard at work bumper sticker..

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 6:16 pm
        • A young man is dead, parents suffering, and I am sure they know all about the situation, FOOD, Some things can and should be left unsaid. Then to lash out at a poster and cut down his parents is completely stupid, especially on this article. I Always wonder WHY BAD THING HAPPEN TO THE GOOD ONES and the worst ones are still here. Condolences to family and friends of this fine young man.May he RIP

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 8:49 pm
          • i highly doubt they have all the answers or facts regarding this. its an open investigation. apparently that confuses you. As a parent I feel terrible this has happened. Its any parents worst nightmare but I wouldnt demand a gag order on any one wanting to discuss the situation. Sometimes things like this are best to not act like nothing happened and besides i highly doubt they appointed you to tell people to keep it hush hush. This is a news site. I made a comment regarding a fact. If you dont like facts and the news why are you here on a news site scrolling through the comments. I hope the parents find closure and answers to this. If some one is out there hurting our loved ones I dont think the answer is to act like nothing happened.

Thursday, 9 March 2017, 12:38 am
  • I so hoped this would turn out different. My deepest condolences to family and friends.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 8:52 pm
  • For sure,sad outcome ………very sorry

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 8:24 pm
  • I thought I heard on network news that his family had to pay for recovery of his body. I thought that was the responsibility of the police agency in charge of the investigation. Why wasn’t the body recovered when the vehicle was discovered. Don’t understand!!!

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 5:09 pm
    • I had heard from a family member that there was some very difficult conditions where the accident happened. Nothing illegal, just very unusual natural conditions that had to be dealt with.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 7:39 am
  • So terrible. I saw the article the other day and it had his address and he lives like 3 houses down from me, I knew that truck looked familiar. Sending positive vibes to the family, so sorry for the loss of a loved one.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 5:01 pm
  • Our heartfelt prayers to his family and friends. This is not the outcome we were praying for.
    The only positive is they have their son and hopefully have some kind of closure now.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 4:58 pm
  • His Family Can Have Closure Now..
    My Deepest Sympathy To His Family
    And His Friends….

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 3:58 pm
  • Heartfelt prayers going out to his family!

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 3:55 pm
  • Praying for his family and friends.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 3:52 pm
  • I Hate to hear this tragic outcome. Prayers to his family and friends.

Tuesday, 7 March 2017, 3:24 pm