BREAKING: Alleged Bank Robber Holds Hostage at Knifepoint, Shot by Police After Vehicle Pursuit

BROOKSVILLE – The suspect in an alleged bank robbery that occurred at the Capital City Bank on Cortez Blvd has been shot by Police, after sources say he held a hostage at knifepoint.

The dramatic incident began over an hour ago, when a white male suspect, who’s identity we are no releasing at this time, handed a note to a bank teller and demanded cash. The suspect fled the area in a white Dodge Pickup Truck but was eventually spotted in the area of Bayfront Health Brooksville on Cortez Blvd.

Deputies deployed spike strips multiple times to try and stop the suspect, as he led Deputies and Brooksville Police on a slow speed chase through downtown Brooksville. While in pursuit of the vehicle, deputies noticed a black female in the back of the truck holding her hands up, as if to surrender.

At least two patrol cars were struck by the suspect, as he broke through a road block near Ft Dade Ave.

There are unconfirmed reports that the suspect jumped into a Sheriff’s Deputy’s SUV before being shot multiple times at the intersection of S. Broad Street and Buena Vista Ave.

Sources say the suspect held a knife to the hostage’s chest before being shot.

There is no word on the condition of the hostage or the suspect at this time.

Broad Street is expected to be completely shut down for several hours while investigators from local and state law enforcement agencies begin their investigations.

Check back frequently for updates…

CLICK HERE FOR FACEBOOK LIVE VIDEO FROM THE SCENE:

Comments
  • Just curious how the hostage is, and up date on the suspect.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 12:36 pm
  • Pretty good pattern on windshield..

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 8:00 am
  • Prayer for ALL family’s

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 3:45 am
  • Still waiting for an ID on the dead woman in the car @ the Publix on snow & CLR.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 10:47 pm
      • Could you at least say if she is young or elderly?

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 9:46 am
        • She is neither young or old…she is dead

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 4:29 pm
  • Hey Tom, What’s with the Facebook account requirement to see video? You used to be on YouTube for videos.
    HCSO uses Facebook but you can still see the news without setting up an account. Go back to YouTube for everyone OK? Was he in a Pickup truck? Where is it? Is it the Dodge with the ‘Dive’ tag?
    Was he shot while sitting in a HCSO SUV?
    Inquiring minds……don’t do Facebook….

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:40 pm
  • Hmmmmm it sounds like this guy got what he deserved but seems like HCSO screwed up once again. Looks like some procedures weren’t followed like road blocks and allowing suspects to get into unsecured police vehicles. Also the article states that the suspect held a knife to the suspect chest before being shot. He then jumped into the police vehicle and then was shot? Lets see what Neinhuis has to say about this!

Friday, 22 September 2017, 5:43 pm
    • “….the suspect held a knife to the suspect chest…” – you meant hostage……
      Who was the hostage?
      See all those holes in the sheriff SUV windshield? What’s that about?
      My elderly neighbor went into town for doctor appt. and Publix.
      She was shook up but got home safe. Good grief.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 7:43 pm
      • Mabel, there are no holes in the windshield on any pictures I can see. The only thing I see is 4 blue lights in a row which would be the emergency lights.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 6:06 pm
    • You’re one of those…smh

Friday, 22 September 2017, 8:40 pm
    • @Gary, I agree with you 100%.

@Mabel, don’t worry you’ll see and hear it all.
      Who needs to see a video of “after the shooting” and who needs audio of “shots fired! shots fired!”? We can see and hear all of that on the TV shows, such as “First 48 Hours.
      And we will see it much better with the “Professional Cameramen”, not to mention it will be all over the Tampa Bay area news from the air in helicopters (birds eye view). Even though it will be “after” the shooting, same as Tom’s, so who cares, not me! lol

Friday, 22 September 2017, 10:27 pm
    • This POS is probably a DRUG ADDICT, so he decided to rob a bank to get his daily fix. He was probably DOPE SICK AND I HOPE THEY KILLED HIS ASS!!! I noticed the cops were shooting a nice tight circle in the side of the police suv, those bullet holes aren’t all over that suv, nice shooting Law Enforcement Officers. Keep up that target practicing. 🙂

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 2:41 am
      • I don’t think anyone should be deciding what or who this young man is. No matter what a young man lost his life and took a hostage and no matter what it could of been a lot worse but to the family of this young man they have plenty to deal with so why make it worse.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 5:09 pm
    • @Gary, I think we should give them a break on not securing his/her vehicle, because in looking at those pictures and watching the aerial videos on the news tonight, it looked pretty intense, no mention the adrenaline had be pretty intense as well…

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 2:52 am
      • *not to mention…sorry just correcting my oops

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 2:55 am
  • That was uncalled for ..

Friday, 22 September 2017, 5:22 pm
  • Awesome HCSO!

Friday, 22 September 2017, 5:15 pm
  • Well dang third bank robbery this month such a shame

Friday, 22 September 2017, 4:00 pm
  • Great work by our Police Department and EMS! This was such a small country like town 4 years ago where you would feel safe from all the crime. Why? Why? Why? Does it have to be like this?

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:57 pm
    • Because The Drugs are Infested there in Brooksville!!

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:20 pm
  • There are plenty of of jobs out there. The biggest complaint I hear from customers I wish I could hire some qualified help that would show up every day be on time and do the job needed. Most of these jobs are paying anywhere between 13 and $18 an hour. Someone just has to be willing to say okay I’ll do it your way cuz I’m not an expert or yes sir I’ll do it your way. I was at a place this morning employee showed up 20 minutes late had a reason but the employer has jobs you get done and orders to fill doesn’t care about why you’re late. a job and responsibilities is what it’s called

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:53 pm
    • Can you please clue some of the community into where they can walk in and get a job making 13 to $18 an hour and Spring Hill

Friday, 22 September 2017, 5:14 pm
      • Lol honestly though! Most jobs pay minimum wage which is difficult to survive on. Js

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:19 pm
      • Yes two jobs at 8.50$ equal $17 an hour got to do what you got to do to survive not feel sorry for yourself striving and get it. Opportunities are everywhere out there they don’t come to you you got to go to them

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:41 pm
        • There is more to life than just surviving. Jesus…So you’re working 12-16 hours a day and then what? All you’re doing is working. And you dont see a problem with this?

Friday, 22 September 2017, 8:00 pm
          • The choices you made while in high school and right after high school set the foundation for the type of life you would have. All those “fighting for $15” or those trying to live on minimum wage should look inward and not blame others. And the level of living is a reflection of those choices. “Just living” is the result of current decisions.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 8:56 am
      • with or with out education, or motivation, or experience?

Friday, 22 September 2017, 9:25 pm
      • Right!!!? I work for a hospital and don’t even make that 🙆🏻

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 10:04 am
    • So we’re are those jobs at? I have been driving 120 miles round trip for work. Please share…

Friday, 22 September 2017, 7:34 pm
    • Post where these high paying jobs are in spring hill..it would help alot of people who can only find minimum wage ..

Friday, 22 September 2017, 8:10 pm
      • Lowes has sales specialist jobs starting at around $15/Hr plus bonuses. Entry level jobs with the state can pay $13/Hr. I just did a search and came up with dozens if not hundreds of jobs paying more than $13/hr, many are janitor, data entry, maintenance tech, so no big amount of experience needed. Of course if you are looking right in Spring Hill you are going to be limited but if you want to work it is out there and not that far away.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 6:30 pm
  • Good job HCSO! I thank you kindly for keeping us safe! <3

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:19 pm
  • Good ! Shoot them all

Friday, 22 September 2017, 2:58 pm
  • Trust me,, I do not condone the actions of this POS by any means, but this is a prime example of the downfall within our economy. If there was honest jobs to be had and honest money to be made( more than 9 to $10 an hour) the idea of robbing a bank probably wouldn’t come into somebody’s head. For example look at Hurricane Irma. Not even 10 hours after the worst of the storm passed through my neighborhood, there were people posing as the electric company and robbing people at gunpoint only a couple blocks from my house. It shows what people will do in the lengths they will go to get that good old American dollar! The unemployment rate in the minimum wage or still subjects that need to be dealt with immediately in Florida. Don’t get me wrong like I said in the beginning I do not condone the actions of this POS by any means! To do what he did and also take a hostage is the act of a coward! I’m just saying to maybe look at the big picture maybe he had his reasons.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 2:36 pm
    • Go to college or trade school and u can get a job with more pay……

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:00 pm
      • Bull

Friday, 22 September 2017, 7:17 pm
      • Lmao…yea like the people who spent thousands for CNA..job pays minimum wage..or thousands for medical asst…job pays nine to ten dollars an hour..

Friday, 22 September 2017, 8:14 pm
        • CNA, what’s that a 4 week course? Did you expect to be making as much as an RN?

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 6:41 pm
    • Yeah, HE WAS A THIEF PERIOD!! Hope the hostage is ok, Hey Bethy, they shot him, what’s next? Your turn

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:54 pm
    • B H
      Those (9-10.00$) jobs are filler jobs not ment for fulltime have 3 kids live happily ever after so dont blame the system blame the individual’s no one told them or forced them to do what they did people like you need to STOP blaming everything else, and blame the problem (the morons that do the deed )

Friday, 22 September 2017, 4:06 pm
      • 👍👍👍👍

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:37 pm
    • Highly doubt he robbed a bank because he couldn’t find a job. More likely an addict.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 5:58 pm
    • I don’t have a job, but would never steal. Obviously it’s how your raised. Gimme a brake with this comment.never a justification for this . Smdh

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:16 pm
      • 👍👍👍👌👌

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:38 pm
      • Me either…

Tuesday, 26 September 2017, 8:36 am
    • Please for real how about to $8.50 an hour jobs. People are so damn lazy nowadays. Everybody thinks they have to start at the top. Like these idiots that want $15 an hour to work at McDonald’s life doesn’t work that way strive and you get what you need sit back and play on your phones and your video games and you get nothing

Friday, 22 September 2017, 6:34 pm
      • gary you sound like you and I could be friends..lol

Friday, 22 September 2017, 9:27 pm
    • You call yourself Blunt Honesty and then post that? There are always honest jobs out there if you have the drive. I have a high school education, no college degree, yet I have always been able to find decent paying jobs. Even in lean times, when I was forced to work for minimum wage, it never crossed my mind to rob someone. People that rob and steal do not want to work a real job, it would take effort. If you are not willing to shovel shit for $12/hr, that is not an excuse to rob and steal. Get a job with a reputable company and work your way up.
      I started at the bottom with the state and even though I was only there 3 years I got 2 promotions and was making over $19/hr, not a huge amount but a pretty good living. Had I not gotten sick I am sure I would have moved up more and been making more. It’s called taking initiative, busting your and moving up.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 6:39 pm
  • On the scene now. Road is blocked off. No traffic either way. Use MLK. Everything you can think is there. News helicopters flying overhead.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 2:14 pm
  • Man since when did Springhill/Brooksville become the wild west?

Friday, 22 September 2017, 2:00 pm
    • LMAO, was thinking the same myself. Keep this up we will be in national news for the new Wild East instead of the Wild West. Will be looking for Saloons and Brothel Houses popping up on 19 and 50 next.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 2:51 pm
      • Joe, judging by the way N. Nicholas and certain others behave, I believe the Brothels are already in place and fully operational!

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:13 pm
    • Since Pasco booted the losers out…Hernando is becoming the new Hudson….This County needs new leadership and to evolve…ie;..a rental registry, no more strip malls, leadership that can bring in 15.00 hr jobs…can schmooze big companies with proposals and tax breaks and land donations….It is easier to beat a man down than it is to give of yourself to lift a man up…Springhill needs to incorporate, have a mayor and council…Only then will progress be made.It is pretty clear the commissioner thing does not work.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 6:22 am
      • AJ , your thoughts are nice but not practical. Paying “entry level jobs” more than $8 – $ 10 per hour more than likely would result in small business suffering. Instead promote skill growth in workers. Those with higher skill sets tend to earn more. If you’re an adult or parent and believe this is not possible you would be right. It then becomes your responsibility to educate and instill hard working traits in kids. Break the cycle.

Saturday, 23 September 2017, 4:41 pm
  • PLAY STOOPID GAMES WIN STOOPID PRIZES !!!!!!!!!! MY-T-FINE JOB H.C.S.O.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 1:55 pm
  • This is so close to my house! I live on Buena Vista Avenue. It looks like Grand Central with all the vehicles coming by my house!

Friday, 22 September 2017, 1:24 pm
  • Any info on the hostage? Trying to find out for a friend

Friday, 22 September 2017, 1:14 pm
  • My God! Hernando County has gone nuts! Multiple bank ribberies, police chases and shoot-outs, dead bodies in cars at the grocery store! That’s just this week folks. What’s next???

Friday, 22 September 2017, 1:11 pm
    • Its all them damn New Yorkers coming down here with their innercity criminal ways.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 3:22 pm
      • Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight, because we New Yorkers are all criminals. No retired cops, no veterans, no law abiding citizens. Yeah, no Floridians commit crimes, ever.

Friday, 22 September 2017, 4:57 pm
      • Nope if you pay attention most serious crimes on here are committed by natives long time residents

Friday, 22 September 2017, 8:17 pm
      • That has got to be the most ignorant comment I’ve ever seen. I am from Jersey and let me tell you… I have never seen as much crime up there as I do here. Florida has some . I don’t bash everyone here but honestly you read the news and here about people who were born here and the stuff they do is disturbing. Don’t assume you know everything and point the finger at new Yorkers. I’ve met more dumb and messed up people down here than I have up there.

Monday, 25 September 2017, 11:00 am