BREAKING: Altercation Leads to Stabbing – One Confirmed Dead, One Detained

SPRING HILL – One man is confirmed dead and another detained, after an altercation lead to one of the men being stabbed to death inside a home on Tansboro Street.

The scene is still very active and officials have not released a statement at this time; however, there are unconfirmed sources that say the victim was stabbed after he struck the other man with a baseball bat. The suspect then called 911 and immediately reported the altercation.

Neighbor, Joan Christian, tells RNRF that she believes the incident is drug related and that the suspect is the homeowner, James Turner. She also says Turner is schizophrenic and was not taking his medications. RNRF is not releasing the name of the victim until officials notify next of kin.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

tans 2 tans1 tans3 tans4 tans5

Comments
  • Dee dee, if your so proud of new york why are you here. You have no idea what it was like before Springhill. Funny thing is I have friends from up state new york who love living in the woods here. I’m tired of the winers crying about how bad it is here, if it’s so wonderful where you came from then go back. .

Saturday, 5 December 2015, 11:59 am
  • Dee dee f u and new York, you people weren’t here before Springhill so you don’t know what it was like.

Saturday, 5 December 2015, 11:37 am
  • Isn’t is the town from years ago where they found people buried in the front and backyards??? I guess that’s what they call rural areas?? If the northerners bother you all, move up 19 further… There’s plenty of property available in RURAL AREAS up there! I so hate it that people think thi place was all that… Not! It was just what it was HILBILLY TOWN, before the northerners moved down and made it a real town putting Spring Hill in the map!! Prior to that Sprinh Hill wasn’t even shown the name on a map!!! THANK YOU!!

Friday, 4 December 2015, 7:47 pm
  • all of his close friends should stop by the house and leave him candles. he was a great friend. he would help people or his friends in an instant. I seen him cry for friends that passed away recently this year and with a heavy heart he still manage to brush off meaningless things. he wasnt by any means a bad man, he was a grown kid in a good way and at the same time he took care of his family and most of his friends were considered his family. if you care about him and the immeasurable pain his family is going through we should see to it that his family has some type of comfort after this tragedy and make sure that the mentally unstable suspect does not get off easy again.This summer he was Baker acted and the state of Florida released him like opening a window to let a fly out.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 7:35 pm
  • Well Tony, load your assets up and go

Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:59 pm
  • Proud Veteran and Tony, you’ve got it wrong. This was a wonderful place to live before the northerners. I’m glad I still live in a rural area.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 4:48 pm
  • Rest in peace D Drop. Look down on your son & keep him safe from this messed up world.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 12:35 pm
  • We love you D no matter what your still in all our hearts take care of mikey up there

Friday, 4 December 2015, 12:00 pm
  • Home grown Floridan’s always like to blame people from the North for all the crime down here, But have they really ever lived up North to actually compare the difference, I doubt it, but it’s always easier to blame other people and another thing, If it wasn’t for people from the North moving down here Florida would be years behind the times but then again, it would take an educated person to realize that.fact.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 11:33 am
  • Without a doubt,, This place has turned into CRIME HILL.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 11:24 am
  • Or maybe Quanisha

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:52 am
  • Bet her sisters name is shanikwa, lmao

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:50 am
  • Kelli, look at Tomars name, what does that tell you? Typical ignorant remark she made from typical ignorant human waste

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:47 am
  • Tomar, that was absolutely the most ignorant remark made. You obviously have very little education and obviously have not lived here long to understand the people from the north are the ones who have contributed to building up this town from a desolate town. If you have been here in the late 90s or early 2000s you would have seen what Spring Hill was like. You couldn’t buy a pizza at 8:00 pm on a Sunday and everything else was closed. There wasn’t much here and very little shopping. Because of the northerners we have helped build this town up because of the revenue which results in you having a job, that is if you even work.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:44 am
  • This wouldn’t have happened if they had both been somewhere else….. Like at work.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:40 am
  • This isn’t even true he was on his computer and the guy he lives with came in his room and stabbed him in the back. The guy is an alcoholic

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:30 am
  • Tomar Annika… ok so you say all trash comes fron up north … wow… whos your baby daddy? yout brother? something def. wrong with you .. where you from DUH??????? ROFLMAO

Friday, 4 December 2015, 10:13 am
  • In re-reading the article it says nothing about a GUN, it says man was stabbed to death, so how did this get to guns?? IT is still sad and tragic for all involved.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 9:47 am
  • d drop and his friends, mogwai and all used to taunt jimmy, i live right behind them, ive heard it. it was classic middle school bullying. me and other neighbors have seen him come out of the house yelling for help bruised and beaten looking, and gets dragged back into his house by his “friends”. the mans not a good man by no means, but he got himself mixed in with the wrong crowd. James is a very compassionate man with the capability of alot of love. ive seen this man change over the last 12 years ive lived here. my heart is heavy today with the loss of life and the events of yesterday. i pray for them both.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 9:22 am
  • Rest in peace D drop…its always the last person u expect that god has to take smh

Friday, 4 December 2015, 8:41 am
  • where did u come from TOMAR ??? you uneducated POS

Friday, 4 December 2015, 8:34 am
  • Marshall you’re an idiot and all you talking crap about it are messed up. The deceased is a dear friend and this was not drug related. He was murdered for no reason, he didn’t even own a bat! He was just on the phone when he was murdered! So shut yalls mouths!

Friday, 4 December 2015, 8:34 am
  • And I do live here notice alot do not just check your home news paper looks like a joke here and everyone is right it aint just here.. thats for grammar police

Friday, 4 December 2015, 7:20 am
  • Oh sandy know it all it think jana is saying mental without gun compare to northeasterns with a gun

Friday, 4 December 2015, 7:17 am
  • There was NO alltercation! these men were friends, they lived together for YEARS. The one who did it might be mentally ill but he knew he wasnt take his medication for a reason. He knew they werent going to put him in jail if hes mentally unstable. he’d go somewhere like jail. I personally believe he did it because he wanted his house to himself there was no fight but a sneak attack! the victum wouldve been able to get away if he knew it was coming.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 6:32 am
  • The shooter (Turner), was booked into the jail two minutes before midnight..

Friday, 4 December 2015, 2:54 am
  • The callousness and coldness of the comments here are sickening. A mother lost her son in our community today — and no, he was not a drug addict. He was local, an ordinary man with a good heart and a family that loved him. Judge not lest ye be judged. We should all be hugging our loved ones a little closer tonight, in the wake of a senseless death in our own back yards. One family won’t have that privilege.

Friday, 4 December 2015, 12:44 am
  • Brothers very good comment!!

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 11:52 pm
  • The guy that died today left behind a 2 yr old son. He loves him so much and I looked at him as my brother I’m gonna miss u. Keep looking down on my sis and nephew. R.I.P 🙁 it’s sad his family has to see all this negative crap but it’s a good thing we know who he really was as a person. For the other dude I hope he sits in jail forever.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 11:51 pm
  • I know both people involved. Although I know the man who got stabbed mostly. He was one of the nicest person I’ve met here in Spring Hill. He was my nephews first friend he met here.He was NOT from up North! He grew up here and went to all the public schools here. He was NOT on drugs or extorting money from his x room mate.He was a good man and a good father.You people who like to judge others but have NO idea what someone’s like at all! Only the two of them know what happened today. And i just pray that the victim may rest in peace. He grew up in this area and will be missed.I pray for his family to come to peace for what has happened today.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 11:39 pm
  • It’s sad that we live in such a violent society . These are actual human beings with family’s n loved ones.. What makes it the more depressing is cold hearted comments.. If u can just think for one second no one would want to experience a tragedy like so.. My prayers go out to all involved n loved ones!!! We should always try to b humble n thankful that we havnt n hopefully will never experience anything of that nature…peace n blessings to all

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 11:30 pm
  • Correction Tomar…all the money comes from up north!

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 10:24 pm
  • Although not the topic of the story, the comments here beg a couple of questions…

Without infringing on their 2nd amendment rights, how do we:

1 – Keep the mentally ill from purchasing/keeping guns?
    2 – Keep people on the no fly list from purchasing/keeping guns?

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 9:47 pm
  • Wait a minute. Could the deceased have been extorting money from the stabber on the 3rd, aka social security payday? This guy was just defending himself in his own house from harm. Whether he had mental health issues is irrelevant. Get off the band wagon of issues. This was normal behavior in our Stand Your Ground State.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 9:09 pm

LOOK at the LAST one on this list and the reason for acquittal.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 9:04 pm
  • Although a schizophrenic is mentally ill, that does NOT make them insane,
    in the courtroom.
    Also, if we are to believe the neighbor, who did not mind giving her name to RNRF,
    obviously knows something about drug use of these two men.. j/s

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 7:52 pm
  • Backwoods perhaps my past history in working with mentally ill people and the fact I tried to help one diagnosed with same illness has clouded my judgement. BTW I couldn’t save her, she simply wouldn’t take her med, haunts me to this day.Never knew what happened to her. I just think their is not enough awareness and knowledge on the mentally ill. This is a tragedy for all involved and I have sympathy for the families , but I also know that some families just give up on them and send them off to fend for themselves with no support Yes some are dangerous, I wish he had stayed on his meds. Sorry post so long, have a nice nite.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 7:35 pm
  • I bet they both came here from up north somewhere. All the trash comes from up north.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 7:21 pm
  • Jana rae, and I like your common sense comments! But I definitely don’t feel that a sane person with a gun is more dangerous than a mentally ill person.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 7:09 pm
    • Certainly not. I have a feeling the original poster meant to say that a person is more dangerous with a gun than without one, though I can’t say for sure. It’s beyond a shadow of a doubt that a sane person with a gun, is less dangerous than a mentally ill person with a gun.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 8:20 pm
  • I know these people niether are on drugs..they were roomates and good friends for years…suspect has no prior violence on his record nor ever has been violent before…he stopped taking his meds and his demons got the best of him…very tragic story…ill miss you both my brothers…your friend always and forever big mikey

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:46 pm
    • You must be kidding JAMES DALE TURNER has been arrested 8 times has Battery & Assault total of 19 charges and now homicide! SMH!

Friday, 4 December 2015, 8:30 am
  • Backwoods I always agree with you and actually look forward to the witty posts, but this time I respectfully disagree if someone hits you with a baseball bat, sane or mentally ill, would you not defend yourself with something ? I am sorry for the loss of life , I really am, but I imagine the stabber will be taking his meds in an instution when all is said and done, Sorry for all involved and u know I am Not a fan of Hideous Hillary I feel she is dangerous as well. Thx

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:33 pm
  • Drugs kill!

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:16 pm
  • This place is no different than the town or city youo moved from,Google your hometown newspaper and just read!!! I’m. sure crime is there as well.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:09 pm
  • wow, this is around the corner. litterally less than 100 yards. we don’t venture out much,

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:06 pm
  • I know the guy that got arrested he was a drugyy

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:04 pm
  • This stuff has always happened around here. It’s just now we are more aware of it because of media i.e. Facebook YouTube quick to update news sites

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:50 pm
  • Agree Derek, not too many people understand mental illness, sad really. I love spring hill, and if you think it’s bad here, Google crime in other counties and states, Jersey is still there , how is the crime there?? You might also want to read some books on mental illness, might have a little more compassion for the mentally ill. Thanks

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:49 pm
  • Doc love the idea

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:47 pm
  • I know these people

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:40 pm
  • Derek, a sane person only uses a gun to defend themselves or other people. People who can’t control their emotions, mentally unstable, are dangerous. Now go vote for Hidious Hillary

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:09 pm
  • What the hell is wrong with people anymore? Everyone needs to get a grip on them self. This town has gone to HELL. This was such a nice town at one time now I’m ashamed to say I live here.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 4:51 pm
  • OMG! We need to ban IDIOTS and their STUPID COMMENTS!

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 4:27 pm
  • If you are retired and or have a job, WELCOME to spring hill, all others get lost.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 4:21 pm
  • OMG! We need to ban KNIVES and BASEBALL BATS!

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 3:37 pm
    • Either that or just have the mentally ill take their medication. Your sarcasm is noted, but this wasn’t a sane person wielding a gun and killing people. It was a mentally ill man who wasn’t on his meds. Doesn’t matter if he was using a knife, bat or bare hands, he’s dangerous in that circumstance. However, even a sane person is more dangerous with a handgun. That’s just a fact.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 4:38 pm
      • The question is, how do you make sure they take their meds?

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 5:07 pm
      • How is a sane person more dangerous than a mentally ill person with a weapon? Logic just escapes you, btw your opinion is not a fact. Facts are facts. Double Fail.

Thursday, 3 December 2015, 6:02 pm