BREAKING: Child Dies After Being Left in a Hot Car

UPDATE: 4:39 P.M. – Moments ago,  Hernando County Sheriff’s Office spokesperson Denise Moloney announced that the child was pronounced deceased just after noon today. Full details to come.

UPDATE: 2:54 P.M. – Officials have not provided an update on the child’s condition, however, we’ve received information that the Medical Examiner and Homicide Detectives have joined the investigation. In addition, both parents have been transported to the Sheriff’s Office for questioning.

SPRING HILL – A 9-month old boy is in grave condition after officials say the child was left inside a vehicle earlier this morning.

Fire Rescue responded to 12310 Elgin Blvd around 11:00 a.m. after the child was found unresponsive. Fire Rescue responded to the scene and immediately began performing CPR. The child has been transported to Oak Hill Hospital where Fire Officials say he is in critical condition.

A crime scene has been established around the residence and the Sheriff’s Office is investigating the incident.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed. ™2013 – 2018 RNRF Incorporated.

Comments
  • Mom picked up baby for the night, dad calmed by on lunch break and found baby in the car.. apparently it’s been said baby was in car from night before. Shame.. I saw her today I justed want to yell at her. So mad with the rest of you..

Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 5:34 pm
  • I am a mom of 3.All now are older.Never once I left any of my kids behind or in a car.Even when I was distracted.The first thing I have always done was get my kids out of the car.Car seat in one hand and the other holding my hand while the oldest follows.Groceries or any belongs of mine or the kids comes last.Cell phones are a big distraction but I have always focused on my kids.I just don’t understand how time went by and the mother never checked on her baby.Sad this has happened.Praying for the baby 🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼🙏🏼

Saturday, 18 August 2018, 1:25 am
  • I don’t understand how this happens. I don’t have air in my car so even driving around with all windows down is horrible. Let alone sitting in the school line for 30 mins to pick my daughter up in the afternoons. Its freakin hot. I have a son that will be a year next month i don’t need to leave a shoe in the back seat so I remember him. I can’t wrap my head around not hearing him cry or having to feed or change him or nap time. Any sane person would realize hey its too quiet where is my baby at. But not her. When i get home i get out my car lay my phone on top of my car grab carseat pick my phone up n go inside .i don’t need reminders he’s there. The love you have for your child should be enough of a reminder.. Some ppl need to get there heads out of there A$$E$

Saturday, 18 August 2018, 12:06 am
  • Listen guys I drove by this on my way to my second job and had know idea what was going on however there was a man standing with Deputies and the look on his face,the anguish and pure fear is what struck me and I knew something bad happened just looking at him. Turns out he was Dad. Had nothing to do with the events(Mom had him since yesterday)and he stopped during his lunchtime and found his poor son in the car. Again,I don’t know these folks but that man could barely stand up when I drove by and I can’t help but think”What if the most precious thing that ever happened to my life was taken from me and I had no control over it?? That’s the look that was on that mans face”. Sorry but I can’t join all the haters and chime in on how bad the PARENTS were. Sometimes it’s a PARENT(not plural)and I guess only time will tell the full story but prayers for all of those who were touched by this and especially those who loved this little boy and had no control over this chain of events. God Bless

Friday, 17 August 2018, 6:18 pm
  • I had seven kids. Yes, seven. Clearly there were moments where I was a distracted mom yet NEVER ONCE did I forget one of my children in a car, or anywhere else for that matter. There is absolutely no excuse. None.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 6:02 pm
  • The mother is on t v drinking a bottle of water. SMH…. nice going mom

Friday, 17 August 2018, 5:26 pm
  • Absolutely horrifyingly sad story. If you look up the Mom Cami Rayburn this poor family had a Go Fund me page when he was born due to complications. She was overjoyed when he got better and was able to come home. Such a sad end after the strong fight this swwet little boy endured right out of the gate. Prayers to the family.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 5:04 pm
  • I am a parent of 4 and never ever am I so distracted or dumb to have ever left or “conveniently forget” my infant or child in the car!! This is Fl where it is in the 80-90’s 11 months out of the year! Just today I got in my car and it said 104. I had the air all the way up and was feeling awful from the heat till it finally cooled down.How in hell do they think that child felt struggling for air! I say conveniently bc there’s no excuse or reason! You are either Retarded, on drugs, and/or did it on purpose. You can forget you keys or a bag but your child is 1st and forthmind always and punishment should be Murder and should be the same torture that poor baby experienced but in there case no one rescues them! May God bless that child with healing and be with no long term problems I will be praying for quick recovery!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 4:39 pm
  • Not only did the baby get left in the car, but time went by and it didn’t even dawn on the parents to check on their baby all that time went by. I have 2 children. My oldest kept me on my toes and never did I not know where they were at all times. Nuber one instinct of being a parent. At least one eye one them at all times. How do you just forget you have a child when driving from point A to point B. Their needs to be consequences for leaving children unattended.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 4:25 pm
  • Makes me sick to my stomach..I have a 9 month old son myself and could NEVER leave him in the car.. like how do you not remember even 5 min later especially at that age when at 9 months you need to be ATTENTIVE at ALL TIMES?! Poor baby boy…I hope he pushes through

Friday, 17 August 2018, 4:25 pm
  • Tom, where’s your video on this?

Friday, 17 August 2018, 4:15 pm
  • Bet they wouldn’t forget their dope in the car

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:41 pm
  • Prayers for the baby..

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:29 pm
  • I bet they didn’t forget to check their smart phone and social media several times!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:03 pm
  • I passed by the house when it was happening and a couple(parents) were very upset.. I hope the baby survives,very sad story.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:50 pm
  • How in the hell do you leave a kid in the car? Do you have so much on your mind that you forget your own kid? People like that should be allowed to have kids. Just saying. I raised two kids who weren’t even a year apart and I never ever left them in the car not even for minute.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:39 pm
  • I can not imagine….Prayers for this poor child.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:15 pm
  • This has me absolutely sick to my stomach. That poor poor baby

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:10 pm
  • I’m pretty sure this person knew exactly where their phone was at all times today?

To bad this moron didn’t care as much about this child as they do the phone!

Praying that this child survives!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:50 pm
  • The baby is 9 months old so you did not read the article before you decided to judge someone else. This happens way to often for it to be on purpose. Someone forgot the baby in the car and as hard as that is to believe it happened. Now you need to mind your own business and go on with your perfect life.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:44 pm
    • Well MICHELE YOU ARE AN IDIOT! HOPE YOU DON’T HAVE CHILDREN OH ARE YOU THE PARENT THAT LEFT THAT POOR CHILD IN THE CAR? A&&HAT.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:12 pm
    • Leaving a child in a car in 90+’ temperature is Un-acceptable Michelle!
      No excuse can be made for this kind of “Forgetfulness” no matter how often it happens.

If you don’t like the responses, then maybe you should mind your business and scroll along somewhere else!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 2:31 pm
      • There is no excuse if u put a baby in the car u don’t forget to take it out if your that absent minded you don’t deserve the precious gift from God put her in prison for life the problem is they can’t speak for themselves we as concerned parents need to speak for them. God bless that baby R.I.P. little angel

Friday, 17 August 2018, 5:05 pm
    • I was going to comment how idiotic you sound but others have already done that. Hopefully you have no children. I do, and I haven’t nor would I ever leave him in the fucking car. It does happen to often and those parents should no longer be parents!!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:15 pm
    • Michelle
      Did you seriously think about what you typed? Did you read the article? The child was 9 months old! Both parents are involved. This should never happen and it’s speculation not judgement. It’s inconceivable for a responsible parent, that this could have ever taken place.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:21 pm
    • Anyone stupid enough to leave a child in a car in Florida in August shouldnt be allowed to breed! Anyone that defends people that leave their child in a car in fl in August should also be examined!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:22 pm
    • You are twisted uf u think it’s a mistake get a grip woman

Friday, 17 August 2018, 5:07 pm
    • This doesnt happen way to often you moron and dont judge ..judge what stupidity and bad parenting ..you must be just as fucking stupid as them michelle if you say don’t judge …god bless that baby and idiots like yourself that believe that they weren’t 100% at fauly and deserve no mercy

Friday, 17 August 2018, 11:53 pm
    • I wish your parents left michelle in the car.

Saturday, 18 August 2018, 5:38 am
  • Just passed by the scene. Had no idea what happened until I read it here. Prayers for the baby and could he/she possibly let himself in the car?

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:35 pm
  • Prayers for this 9 month old baby. Depending on how long left in car could have brain damage. At this point why or how ceases to be an issue, damage is already done. Bad parents, just went in for a minute and got distracted/forgot, whatever excuse is pointless. We all need to pray for this child.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:31 pm
  • There are sick people in the world that dont deserve the title “Mom” or “Dad”. There are others in this world that would give anything to have a child and cant. Just sick of hearing this about children and also dogs

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:22 pm
  • So unbelievable that this happens. just wondering what was going on inside the house to make her forget about her poor baby. Pray that the baby is recovering and will be okay.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:14 pm
    • Maybe it was a “him” that forgot the baby.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 3:06 pm
      • My mom read another article that said the father came home from work (somewhere in Tampa I think) and found him in the vehicle.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 4:35 pm
        • Dad , Stopped by on lunch. Dad found baby in car . baby was left in car since night before. Parents are separated.

Tuesday, 21 August 2018, 5:31 pm
  • Why are the parent or parents not held accountable ?
    They just say they forgot, omg, ridiculous !
    Time to have a law to have the parent or parents put in prison !!!
    Where are the demonstrations and protesters for this ?

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:13 pm
    • Why in heaven’s name would you ask that. OF COURSE they are being held responsible. I pray they receive the full extent of the punishment for this. Sad to just find out the baby passed. Prayers go out to any other sibling, and yes, to the parents for doing such an unthinkable thing.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 5:12 pm
      • Of course I asked that. Show me in florida where someone was arrested for leaving a child in a hot car. Then I’ll believe you. So far there have been zero arrests for any of them .

Friday, 17 August 2018, 7:10 pm
  • I BET THEY TOOK THIER DARN I-PAD THOUGH 🙁

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:12 pm
  • I pray this baby survives and goes to someone that will cherish the child. There are no words as to what should happen to the person/persons who did this!! What has this world come to?

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:11 pm
  • Dear God please watch over this baby. We send our prayers.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:09 pm
  • I’M STARTING TO THINK PEOPLE ARE DOING THIS ON PURPOSE BECAUSE THERE IS NO WAY YOU COULD POSSIBLY BE THAT STUPID. ESPECIALLY AFTER ALL THE WARNINGS ON TV ADS AND THE NEWS. NEVERMIND JUST PLAIN COMMON SENSE.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 1:08 pm
  • So sad there are people in this world who can’t have children who would love to have one but physically can’t and you have people like this that has no care about the child….let me guess I forgot he or she was in the car or …i only ran in for a min ….ya ok….. sorry for being sour but jesus come on

Friday, 17 August 2018, 12:37 pm
  • Are you serious people like that should have gas poured on them and burn them to death peace of

Friday, 17 August 2018, 12:31 pm
  • how do you forget a 6 month old baby in a car??? sumbags!!!

Friday, 17 August 2018, 12:29 pm
  • How?!?! 😠

Friday, 17 August 2018, 12:18 pm
  • How does this happen? . I pray this baby is able to recover.

Friday, 17 August 2018, 12:17 pm