BREAKING: Explorer K-8 Teacher Arrested on Drug Charges – UDPATE

SPRING HILL – RNRF received information moments ago, that an Explorer K-8 teacher was taken into custody by Sheriff’s Deputies while on school grounds.

According to witnesses, 42-year-old Catherine Ferraro was taken into custody by Sheriff’s Deputies, during school hours.

Jail records indicate that Ferraro is facing two counts of Grand Larceny of a Controlled Substance and one count of Possession of a Controlled Substance without a Prescription. She is currently behind bars at the Hernando County Jail, held on $6,000 bond.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: 10/22/2015, 10:17 P.M. –

On 10-20-15, Hernando County deputies arrested a Fifth Grade teacher from Explorer K-8 School in Spring Hill.

School Resource Deputy Stacy Rodriguez was contacted by two teachers who wanted to report items, including medication, missing from their handbags.

A Fifth Grade teacher reported that 10 Alprazolam pills were missing from her handbag, which had been locked in her classroom while the classroom was empty. The teacher advised the theft occurred the day prior. A Second Grade teacher reported that numerous items, including various medications, were missing from her handbag, which had been stored in her classroom. The teacher advised the theft had been occurring since the beginning of the school year.

Deputy Rodriguez obtained sworn statements from both victims and interviewed all possible witnesses.

Deputy Rodriguez and Sergeant John McMurdo then interviewed the suspect, who had been identified by the victims and witnesses, Fifth Grade teacher Catherine Ferraro.

Catherine Mae Ferraro W/F DOB/01-17-1973 was placed under arrest and charged as follows:
– Grand Theft (2 counts)
– Possession of a Controlled Substance
– Bond – $6,000.
The case remains under investigation.

The Hernando County Sheriff’s Office will continue to work closely with the Hernando County School Board and the State Attorney’s Office throughout the investigation.

CORRECTION: 10/20/2015 – 4:42 P.M. – Earlier we reported that Ferraro was taken into custody in the presence of children, we have since learned from a witness that she was escorted into the parking lot before being taken into custody.

tEACHER

Comments
  • All the people on here who are saying it’s outrageous that a teacher is allowed to be on medication and teach at the same time are retarded. You shouldn’t be concerned about children stealing from the teachers because your children should know not to steal! Being a teacher is stressful as hell besides considering that I WENT TO EXPLORER trust me when I say that the teachers there keep their shit locked up or with them at all times so students can’t get to them easily. Another teacher can unlock any door with a keycard so it’s not a crazy notion that that’s how this woman got into these other teachers classrooms. And furthermore in high school some teachers will take their medication right in front of us. Stop losing your shit or something so trivial.

Wednesday, 9 August 2017, 2:59 pm
  • These teachers are allowed to bring drugs into the classrooms while there teaching?? Prescribed or not what if a kid got a hold of them. I am not OK with that. Keep that locked up somewhere else…. I can’t believe they have teachers on xanax teaching our kids!!! I have never met one person who took a xanax and didn’t end up a junkie. And these two teachers must have supplied ms.Forroro pills prior or why would she know to go to those two teachers! and I always say at the school meetings to the teachers “I don’t know how you do it” well, I do now. Smh.

Saturday, 24 October 2015, 11:32 pm
    • Hi, let me introduce myself to you. I HATE JUNKIES, is my name on here. I have taken Xanax for a long time, when I need them and due to my multiple medical conditions. I am not and will not become a junkie and not everyone who takes Xanax is or will become a junkie. People such as myself are responsible and professions and are drug tested on a regular basis. You need to educate yourself and you too may be family to say that the other teachers must have given this thief their medications in the past. I don’t believe that for one minute. I do believe it was discussed between the peers, which often times happens when someone is venting or telling others what they are going through. Teacher 1: “I’m so stressed out” Teacher 2 “I know that feeling. So am I. I take Xanax that my doctors gave me”. That’s simply how the conversation could have gone. I swear, some people are so closed minded and do not think things through before throwing allegations out there. I hope and pray that Cathy is no longer allowed around children and that her teaching certificate is taken. I hope she’s a happy junkie. Her life is turning out like so many in Hernando County, which is certainly sad.

Friday, 30 October 2015, 8:29 am
  • Just because a teacher had ten Xanax at school does not mean she or he was taking that many a day. These pills were probably in the bottle they came in, as they rightfully should have been. If they were not, then there would have been a problem. There are many reasons a teacher would have to take Xanax, and it may have nothing to do with her being a teacher. I’d rather have a teacher who is medicated with medications from her doctor than have a teacher taking illegal drugs. As for students and the reason they do it the way they do, in our schools, with their medications, there is a very valid reason for that as well. I’ve never had to take just one days medication in for my child, instead I have to take them in with the bottle from the pharmacy, and the inhalers in the boxes they came in. Plain and simple, Cathy is a junkie and a thief.

Saturday, 24 October 2015, 11:18 am
    • The teachers who take narcotics prescribed by a Dr should save an empty bottle
      of said narcotic, then transfer into saved bottle and take only what they need for
      the day while in school. And should also be under lock’n’key. That’s MY opinion.

Saturday, 24 October 2015, 3:19 pm
      • I agree with you, it doesn’t mean said teacher takes ten a day.
        I just don’t think a teacher should have that many while in school.

Saturday, 24 October 2015, 3:24 pm
  • Lol grand theft ferraro

Saturday, 24 October 2015, 1:23 am
  • When students need to take meds during school hours, parents have to bring note to
    nurse from Dr & it needs to be in the prescription bottle. In addition to that, the nurse
    keeps it under lock & key.
    AND parents were only allowed to bring in enough for just the ONE day at a time!
    That is the way it was when my kids went to school.

I think that teachers should have to follow those same rules, in my opinion.

BTW, why does a TEACHER need to take “TEN XANAX” in ONE day, unless said
    teacher is abusing them!!
    No Dr would EVER prescribe TEN a day!!!!!!!

To those of you defending this teacher (Cathy), why should she be treated any better
    than any other THIEF?!!
    I have also never heard of anyone STEALING drugs from another person unless they
    are a DRUG ADDICT!!!!!!

Friday, 23 October 2015, 8:23 pm
  • Wendy and Caren you have as much class as your sister. If I were a betting person you advocating for her with your antics isn’t helping her one bit. If she wasn’t having addiction problems as you stated was she selling them?

Friday, 23 October 2015, 5:21 pm
  • Charges should have been made on that teacher she was in the way wrong steeling like that! Although I do agree that the other teachers that had it in there purse should be fired too. There is no way the teacher would have known where to look if they didn’t give it out in the past! My kids go to explorer and I will be contacting the school asking why teachers are allowed to have xanax on school grounds or any kind of narcotics! I am pissed!

Friday, 23 October 2015, 8:26 am
  • Well prescribed or not XANAX should not be in a classroom while teaching children!!! If your that addicted to them and NEED TO POP A XANAX TO COPE ALL DAY THEN IF YOU MUST LOCK THEM IN YOUR VEHICLES.

Friday, 23 October 2015, 8:20 am
  • Dang the family sure do like to use different handles here, don’t they? It’s XANAX, not zanax. She’s simply a thief and an addict. People don’t steal drugs for no reason. They steal them to take them, duh. As for the teachers who had them and they got stolen from, those were legal drugs and by law, they are allowed to carry them to work. Dosages could be due when they are on duty. Let Cathy go get them on her own and leave her hands off of other peoples things. Or has she and she’s over medicating herself and needs more? The heat in Florida will damage medications that are locked in cars, learn about prescription drugs. This entire story makes me think about just how many teachers are teaching while under the influence of narcotics. Scary thought.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:39 pm
  • The way they arrested her was disgusting like they couldn’t have did it at her home… Imagine how horrible it must have been for the kids that were outside to see that… I blame the teachers that had the drugs in there purse to steal just as much as the one they arrested they were obviously giving her some drugs or how would this teacher know where to steal it from? They need to leave prescriptions like that at home or locked away in there car

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:15 pm
    • What? Really? They were there taking a report and acted on who was suspected of stealing the drugs. They were doing their job and there is no reason for any criminal to be protected as you suggest. She did the crime, it’s all on her, and nobody else. It makes me sick to see her family blame the other teachers for this addicts crimes, and it’s only made her look worse to people. Wisen up, family, wisen up!

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:41 pm
  • Why in the hell are teachers allowed to bring drugs like zanax in our kids classrooms???? The teachers who reported this should be fired too!!! If these drugs were missing from teachers purses since beginning of year you would think the teacher would have been concerned that one of the students got a hold of them the teachers didn’t say anything probably because they didn’t want to lose there job…. Then when they knew for sure it was the teacher they opened there moulth….

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:08 pm
    • So, you are saying they should not be allowed to have them because a child might go in their purse and steal them and that would be the teacher’s fault? Should they not have money in their purse either because one of the students might steal that too? You must not have a lot of faith in the kids. Also, for the idiot that said blood pressure meds would be okay to carry in school, do you think if a student was going to steal pills from a teacher’s purse they are going to read the script on the bottle to check what they are stealing? Not give it to another student telling it is something else? My, my, my! Smart thinking!

Wednesday, 28 October 2015, 2:29 pm
  • She obviously made some Bad choices and I hope she gets the help she needs not only for her sake but for her childrens as well. Can we focus on the fact that the teachers who reported drugs missing from there purse are obviously just as bad… Duh those teachers had to have supplied the teacher it to begin with in order for her to know where to steal it… And let’s not forget that in the artical it states drugs have been missing from there purse from beginning of year.. But yet we are hearing about this now???? I think those teachers should be fired as well teachers have no right bringing prescription drugs in classrooms in which our children stay all day,, I can see blood pressure meds or stuff along that nature but zanax… Really!! Leave that in your car locked up… Those teachers should be fired too!!! And leave this teacher alone she made a mistake and will now have to live with it. People make mistakes… Such is life…… I hope she gets the help she needs for her sake and her kids….

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:01 pm
    • There is a huge difference between a thief who steals drugs (addict) and someone who gets drugs from their doctors via prescription. Cathy is the first, whereas the other teachers are the latter. You’d be surprised just how many teachers carry their prescriptions with them as well as other professionals. The problem with people saying Cathy is not an addict is this. You are all enabling her, and that is the problem with junkies/addictions. I have no sympathy for her.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:32 pm
  • I have known this woman and her family for 30 years. She is not trash or a drug addict. She has experienced several hardships over the past year or so. Loss of a very close grandmother, a brother unexpectedly getting killed in an accident, bitter divorce, financial hardships, etc. She is a wonderful person. Has never been in trouble, very responsible, excellent mother, teacher and person. She obviously has made some poor decisions. She is human and needs help getting through this rough patch. I’m asking everyone to pray for her. She will recover from this and use it to help others. Keep your head up Cathy. We all make mistakes. You have a good heart and intentions. Don’t let this get you down. Not a one of us are perfect. Trust in God and you will be okay. There are many of us that believe in you. <3

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 9:35 pm
  • And Crazy B. ?….. Maybe use that to put urself out of your misery as well as ours. A***ole

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 8:35 pm
    • You are your sister Caren has filthy mouths and have proven to the world that you aren’t very smart. What a fine example of the genes this addict who is a thief has….not!! Disgusting.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:28 pm
  • Ps…. She wasnt a very good teacher, she IS a very good teacher and a wonderful mother to her two kids. She would give anyone the clothes off of her back if she had to. She is the one that is always the strongest and keeping the family going and hides it very good that she is hurting on the inside. So please send thoughts and prayers instead of hatred and bashing her.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 8:31 pm
    • While I feel for people going through hard times, I think that stealing meds from people you know and work with does not constitute “She would give anyone the clothes off of her back if she had to.” They were perscribed meds they needed and couldn’t take them because she stole them. Wishing you the best in helping with her recovery. It was a good thing to get caught before it got worse and you lost another family member.

Wednesday, 28 October 2015, 2:19 pm
  • Very well said Caren…. We will get her thru this

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 8:26 pm
  • I am her sister and she is not a bad person or an addict. So everyone can go to hell. She is dealing with more than you know and what she is dealing with most people could not. Death of our brother and divorce from a very nasty mad and death of grandmother. so until you have walked a mile in her shoes do not judge. Everyone has skeleton and everyone makes bad decisions. She was a wonderful teacher and very good at it. SO BACK OFF

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 5:43 pm
    • ^^^^^ Sympathy monger!! No thanks Caren. Good people don’t steal from others and good people get their own conditions or diseases treated by professionals. She’s a thief and an addict. I’ve walked further than she has…..I don’t have a criminal record and my skeletons don’t include criminal activities. I’m hoping her family quits making excuses for her and gets her the help she needs. It’s apparent she’s not making the right choices and by doing what she did, she hurt her own children and family. There is no one else to blame but Cathy.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:26 pm
  • Guys she has kids and there little she’s not married give her a break she gets what she deserves but pray guys I AM 1 OF HER STUDENTS IN HER CLASS AND TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY I WOULD HAVE SEEN HER.plus she’s a great
    teacher-Ramsey

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 5:26 pm
  • Ooh David, all of us are scummy, well for your information I don’t steal, I don’t do drugs and no I am not perfect,just simply don’t break the law, of course she is crying and sang like a bird when caught, my goodness this was a school!!! Drug free zone ya know what that means or should I say it slower. Do the crime, do the time

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 5:24 pm
  • LOL you all are seriously rude and more scummy then this woman as you claim. Maybe she had a addiction? did she involve students? did she run? I’m pretty sure i read it as she came clean when confronted about it and even agreed to show the cops where she had some hiding at. she didn’t have to do that. we need to be sending prayers for this woman not treating her like garbage. You all are acting like your saints and never done any wrong in your life.. Have some respect people. This could have been alot worse. She came clean she knew she was wrong. You see shes upset… I hope she gets the help she needs. Prayers people… she knows she did wrong.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 1:19 pm
  • Wendy you need to go back to school and spell or maybe your sister can help she has time on her hands then you both can go and steal some more drugs looks like you need them to

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 11:55 am
  • I agree with Wendy. Leave her alone. People make mistakes. I worked with her for a number of years and she a great teacher.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 11:32 am
  • Im with greeta

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 8:48 am
  • It goes to show you that good people can make poor choices I know I have

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 1:46 am
  • All pill heads steal….end of story….

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 10:54 pm
  • Leave her alone. This is my sister and is going threw alot in her life. No she was not right it what she did or hiw she handled it. But she lives her students, kids and family. Get all of ur facts straight before u start bashing. This family has been through hell and back within the last year. Depression is a disease and a very hard one to fight. So please keep ur nasty shitty thoughts to ur self. If u dont have anything nice to say then dont say it at all. LEAVE HER AND OUR FAMILY ALONE!!!!!

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 9:39 pm
    • That does not give her the right to violate the laws as well as stealing from her co-workers. I too have been through a lot and probably more then she has, to include losing one of my children, both my father and mother in an accident, a divorce, lost my home and survived cancer through it. I did not find the need to steal from people or take drugs that were not prescribed to me. Who, that is not an addict would steal other peoples drugs? I mean come on now. Apparently Cathy isn’t very smart. Who the hell steals drugs to self medicate? If she is depressed, have her do what so many other law abiding citizens do, and that’s go get help. I hope this woman is held accountable for her criminal activities. I despise people who prey on others, in attempts to get sympathy. I’ve been in bigger shoes then she’s wearing and I didn’t get myself arrested. You want her left alone, and her family? Tell her to leave other peoples things alone, and she won’t find herself in the news and being talked about. She brought this all on herself. Not one ounce of sympathy for her, none whatsoever.

Thursday, 22 October 2015, 10:19 pm
  • I just happened to be signing my son out early for a Drs. Aptt , she and the officers walked right passed me there were no children around , very sad all we need to do is pray for her !

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 7:20 pm
  • Reality your A big f…ing douche did she a script For the meds. No so shout up

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 7:20 pm
  • Not all people in a profession can be lumped into a category because of the minority. Yes, I am a teacher. Want to drug test me? Go ahead! But, I would like all sheriffs’ office employees, firefighters, doctors, nurses, lawyers and students tested too. If the professionals don’t pass, they can lose their jobs. If the students don’t pass, they can lose their right to a free public education. Why should my child have to sit in high school or middle school classes with students who take drugs? Oh, also before parents are allowed to volunteer or allowed to attend any on campus events- they need to be tested too. If you can’t pass a drug test, you don’t need to be around any children but your own. I’m all for drug free! Let’s just make sure that it is not just the teachers you are bashing.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 6:02 pm
    • I’m a teacher as well. As far as I know, most of the professions you listed are randomly drug tested. I’ve said it for years, after watching other teachers in “action”, drinking heavily, to include on school nights as well as “partying” with recreational drugs. Our teachers need tested randomly. We are just like any other professions and we surely should not be excluded. Which we have been. For far too long. Teachers today are not like they were when I first started the career. I’m glad my days are numbered, and retirement is just around the corner.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 8:00 pm
  • Frustrated agree completely . Scary for the children. REALITY get a grip,theif,stole prescribe meds =addict,now CUSS away, shows how intelligent you sre.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 5:40 pm
  • Can’t even trust the teachers in our schools? What is next?

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 4:44 pm
  • Frustrated,
    I agree with every word you said. Thumbs up to you.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:51 pm
  • The Sheriffs office released her arrest report to the media. These teachers had these medications in their purses in there classrooms. I find the fact that these teachers are allowed to bring these medications to their classrooms scary. Also on the jail report it states 9/01/15 as the beginning date (arrest report) Why did the school not divulge that these meds were missing from the school to the parents. What if one of our children had gotten them instead?

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:36 pm
    • Sorry * their classrooms

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:37 pm
  • She’s a thief and a drug addict. For those of you who are sticking up for her, apparently NONE OF YOU KNOW HER!!! Post Miranda, Ferraro admitted to stealing prescription medication from both teachers. Ferraro advised deputies that some of the stolen pills were still in her truck, in the school parking lot. She then escorted the deputies to the truck, so the pills (evidence) could be collected.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:28 pm
  • And these types are teaching your children, What a disgrace.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:14 pm
  • She was my son’s math teacher last year no complaints. My only issue is she was arrested for a controlled substance WITHOUT a prescription and the larceny of said medication. I don’t have a problem if she needed the meds legally prescribed but that doesn’t seem to be the case. I am shocked and disappointed this has happened. She’s a smart woman if she has a problem there’s help at PAR off of spring hill drive then she wouldn’t have to steal or have a prescription illegally.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 1:54 pm
  • JUST BECAUSE SHE WAS ARRESTED FOR CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE DOESNT MEAN SHE IS AN ADDICT YOU BUNCH OF F***ING IDIOTS. END OF RANT.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 1:47 pm
  • Correction typo HCSO,sorry

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 11:42 am
  • I hope they revoke her teacher license and T she is a drug addict you cannot help her unless she wants to help herself pills are to easy to get around here everybody has them or knows somebody that does

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 11:41 am
  • Great job HSCO, Heber are you kidding us, blame the children who you think we’re misbehaving on a field trip for her DRUG PROBLEM ? What are you on. Wow.As for Tiffany , can I have some hair off your face to help weave my basket?? Keep up the good work HSCO like another poster said,may be more in her circle of friends. Keep the children safe.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 11:19 am
  • I believe that the teachers of Hernando county should all be drug tested by hair strand tests. Pain pills are an epidemic. There is no good reason to bring drugs to school and obviously since she posted bond she could afford to see a doctor to have her meds prescribed. Now no matter how good of a teacher she was or how much she loved her children her life as she knows it is gone. She had the meds on her so innocent before proven guilty isn’t relevant.She is going to get what she deserves. Every action has a reaction. Hers should be prison. No matter how you look at it what she has done is wrong. Karma comes knocking when you least expect it. Now if the HCSO could dig deeper they would uncover a circle most likely. Dig HCSO there are more people in her circle….. dig, dig, dig. Lets clean up our schools.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 10:12 am
  • @ Robbie Nettler-Salters, No where in the article do it say she had illegal drugs. A “controlled substance” is any medication that has to be prescribed. So ZERO TOLERANCE would not apply to said medications as long as they were prescribed to the person in possession.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 10:07 am
    • A “controlled substance” without a prescription IS an ILLEGAL DRUG!!

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 4:24 pm
  • By the looks of it, she stole the pills while at the school, from another employee. Get rid of this nasty, junkie who should never be allowed around our teachers. I have not one ounce of sympathy for her. Zero tolerance.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 8:32 am
  • She was my neices teacher she watched her get arrested.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 7:52 am
  • I was one of her best students

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 7:42 am
  • Drawers and was*

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 5:54 am
  • My 8th grade son goes to this school. They have been having so many problems with teachers transferring to other locations due to more money and whatever other reasons. He has had a new substitute teacher in one of his classes for weeks now so I’ll not sure they can afford to do random drugtests or not. Scary part is wondering if the kids found these drugs in the teachers drawers and we nn their reach or if she was so messed up that someone noticed. I pray they address this issue with open eyes and test all teachers. Yes she may be a good person abd just has problems, but to bring it around these innocent little children is not okay the least little bit.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 5:52 am
  • Incredible how many people TOTALLY defend this woman, because she was a teacher!!
    The PD picked her up at school, she stole someone’s meds and had some at work/school with her! Hence the theft/Grand Larceny of a CS, and possession charges.
    “Maybe she borrowed someone’s meds” “don’t judge” ANY other person, everyone would be saying “good job HCSO, another junkie off the streets”

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 4:49 am
  • She was my 3 grade teacher and i was gonna have her in 6th grade but my dad swiched me out cause she was .. Diffrent .. I never liked her

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 12:25 am
  • Just curious, did she have the drugs at school? How did she get caught? Did she expose children to the drugs?

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 11:27 pm
  • What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty. She is a GREAT teacher and person…better than most and would give the shirt off her back to help anyone. Please try to remember that.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 11:09 pm
  • Wow.. Three years ago I went on a field trip to Disney quest as a chaperon and she was my sons teacher at the time. Back then I thought she was a great teacher. Let’s not blame her. It was probably some of your bad-behaving kids that made her turn into drugs to be able to deal with them all day long. Cuz that day I was about to spank a few of them that has no respect whatsoever for the adults!!!!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:52 pm
  • Jana rae. Your a useless run off at the mouth human being. Go weave a basket.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:44 pm
  • Unfortunately this happened to an outstanding teacher, she will definitely be in my prayers

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:21 pm
  • I cannot beleive some of the comments being made. In case no one remembers there is a ZERO TOLERANCE for drugs on campus. The fact she had illegal drugs on campus and knowing the rules is unacceptable. My grandchildren goes to that school and my grandson could not even carry a cough drop he had to go to the clinic to get one if needed. My Granddaughter has asthma and it is legally prescribed by her doctor and she is not allowed to carry it. With that being said what makes it ok for a teacher to have illegal drugs on campus. I sure would not want her teaching my grandchildren. She has broken the law and employer rules what part of it makes it ok. I do not care if it is addiction or what the situtation is wrong is wrong and she is wrong. I am thrilled that she was caught and is being charged. Maybe this just might be the start of cleaning up Hernando County Schools finally. I was at the school and watched them bring her out and cuff her and drive away and there were no tears. She was upset because she got caught and that is the only reason. Let her sit in jail and be treated like every other druggie.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:06 pm
    • Robbie Nettler-Salters
      You are absolutely right.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 4:20 pm
  • she does look extremely upset. I hope she is offered help instead of just losing everything she worked for.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:04 pm
  • Sophia, I am so sorry you are sad and worried for your teacher. From what everyone says she loves her students. Sometimes adults make mistakes and in your teachers case we are not even sure what may be wrong, but whatever it is she will not be alone. She will be okay. I promise. So if you pray then pray if you don’t just send all your positives thoughts her way. She will feel the goodness in people. Sophia, make no mistake that your good thoughts overpowers any negativity that may also come her way. She will draw strength from you and any else in her time of need.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 8:59 pm
  • Ok I understand the addiction but let’s look at she had ILLEGAL DRUGS ON CAMPUS. There is no excuse for this. My grandchildren goes to that school and I saw her being cuffed and driven away today and she had no tears. My grandson can nor even have a cough drop in his possession nor can my Granddaughter have her inhaler for Asthma on her and it is prescribed by a doctor not stolen. There is suppose to be a zero tolerance for drugs on campus what puts her above the law. I thought they teach the kids drugs are not good. Now do we have druggies teaching our children of tomorrow to do as I say not as I do. Hope the school board does the right thing and fire her there is zero tolerance for this. I happen to care about the kids of tomorrow.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 8:55 pm
  • Auto correct, sorry. “Her”, “she”

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 8:52 pm
  • I have worked with he . He was the most helpful teacher, was kind, and very informative. I have no doubt that she did her job, and did it well. Give me a large break. Its no different than local spring hill pediatricians who’ve gotten DUI after DUI, but some of you people think the world of him with your children. Stop being so judgemental over a half developed story and a click bait headline. If children were hurt or neglected, that’d be a whole different story. As far as your substitute comment, you need to do your research on that first too before you run your trap.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 8:51 pm
  • She was a very nice teacher and in my opinion she was my favorite teacher.She was never rude or mean and you have to know her before you call her trash or stupid.And this is a very sad moment for me and the other 5th grade classes in explore k-8.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:58 pm
  • I worked with her for years she is,a,wonderful teacher and a mother please don’t condemn her till all comes out I’ve seen parents come to that school so out of it that they didn’t know where they were not every one is perfect hope she gets help

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:39 pm
  • There are so many of our teachers who have addictions, be it pills, marijuana or alcohol. This picture of her shows her crying and it has been updated on the website of the sheriff. Of course she is upset, she knows she’s screwed up her career and life. As for the theft she has been charged with. There is a reason she was charged. Someone had to report their drugs stolen in order for those charges to have been brought against her. The incident report of this was done today and is not on the website as of yet. Do I feel sorry for her? No and the reason I say this is that, not only is she an addict, she’s also a thief and that is something I cannot stand, especially a thief of another persons medications. I hope she gets help and I hope my house sells soon. What was once a nice place to retire has turned into a complete hell hole. Just ask our deputies.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:33 pm
  • My daughters math teacher. Great teacher. Good people make mistakes. I hope she comes back.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:27 pm
  • Before you start judging people a..holes, you need to know the facts about her! I am her neighbor and my child plays with hers every single day after school,she is an awesome person as well as a teacher and takes great care of her own Kids and students! I would never thought in a million years that she would be on any drug and I talked to her every day! So before you losers start judging people get the facts first!!! I’m sure your life is so perfect that’s why the same ones have a negative comment on everyone on rnrf!!!!!! Get a life!!!!!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:25 pm
  • He who is without sin cast the first stone

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:14 pm
  • He who is without cast the first stone.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:12 pm
  • She is my teacher and she was my favorite 🙁

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:00 pm
  • Everyone is quick to run their mouths and point their fingers. It is clear she is upset and not one person here knows the whole story. HCSB does not pay well, the insurance is bare minimum and medications are not cheap. An addiction is an addiction and not something everyone can control, IF it is that. I wonder if the people with the harsh negative comments are the parents of some of the children who misbehave and have no regard for authority and are the willing parents to say ‘My lil Johnny would never do that!’ Yet it was recorded on video on the bus or in school… Before you point the finger, make sure it can’t be pointed back in YOUR direction.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 7:00 pm
  • So judgemental. Hope all of you haters are perfect. She is a good teacher and makes mistakes like most people do, except for all of you apparently. I have a feeling there is more to this story….

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:31 pm
  • am so devastated to hear this news as this is my daughter’s teacher and to date one of our favorites teachers. She cares so deeply for the children and on the first day of school, I saw a dozen former students come visit their favorite teacher so please wait before we jump on the judgement wagon to hear the whole story. I am praying for those involved and affected.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:27 pm
  • Jane you seem to look at thing the way I do. Lets find out what really happened before we condemn

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:24 pm
  • really before we go making statements about her find the facts first hate when people assume she is guilty just because she was taken in give me a f—en break quit judging before you have all the facts .I really hope for the ones who is so quick to make her a bad person pray you never get caught up in something or your family for that you would not want to be judge so stop judging others Not everyone is doing bad because of arrest people are innocent you know and hello police make mistakes to ……………………..

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:23 pm
  • I feel sorry for the children and families. But we don’t know what happened in this situation and it is not our job to place judgement. From what I have read she was a very good teacher and the children really liked her. I hope and pray she gets the help she needs and gets better.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:23 pm
  • My daughter is in her math class. She is very sad bc she thinks she is wonderful teacher and thinks highly of her. So sad she needs help but we need the full story before we judge her. Also if you have a child in her class you would know she always keeps us up to date on tests,scores and anything important a parent should know. I am so shocked right now.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:22 pm
  • Yes this is a serious issue…but name calling and bashing teachers in general shows ignorance not empathy.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:21 pm
  • She was a great teacher to my daughter 3 years ago. Addiction happens to all kinds of people in all types of occupations unfortunately. Hope she gets the help she needs and realizes that she needs help.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:18 pm
  • Hey Woody, trash comes in all colors.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:13 pm
  • Pay them more money?then they can buy even more pills.,sorry for all the kids and parents,no sympathy for her.It was a choice she made. Teaching special need as well, this world is going to hell in a hand basket.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 6:06 pm
  • Such a shame. She was my son’s teacher 8 years ago. She was one of the best teachers he had. I hope she gets help if these allegations are true.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:59 pm
  • Ok i can understand the comments of let’s find out the whole story, the it’s an addiction, it’s this, that, and the other. But from personal experience with people like this….they are very good at manipulation, playing the pity card, n beating the system. The messed up part is all of the good people who choose to help thinking their doing good when in all actuality they are the next to get screwed by these people. This town has gone to shit with all the dead beats who refuse to work, have us support them and their drug habits.. It’s just horrible! I feel so sorry for this younger generation and what they have as role models. …sad!!!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:58 pm
  • Agree with the subs and mist if the teachers here but you get what you pay for

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:41 pm
  • Should get the whole story first, fyi they all cry when they get caught.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:29 pm
  • Little to late to cry.. Stupid a** pos…

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:26 pm
  • Addiction is an epidemic. In her mind she thought it was ok butt its never ok to have drugs in our schools!!!!! You can see by her mugg shot she is devistated she needs help rehabilitation she has to no she is wrong on so many levels by the look on her face she got a serious dose if reality. Lets pray for her not bash her she knows she F***ked her life up

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:23 pm
  • Let’s find out all the information 1st… she obviously is crying and extremely upset it might be a simple issue of no money to get her meds and gets them from other family members or it maybe just what it looks like either way she has a problem… Health or mental the report does not indicate how the sheriff was informed and why the arrest was made at school.. Thank You Hernando police for acting on this and removing her from the campus I hope the proper route is followed and she gets the medical attention needed n if that indicates a follow up in criminal charges then cross that bridge when you get to it… Drugs have no eyes doesn’t matter if you’re dealing in the back pool rooms or your a service worker for the community drug addictions are serious issues …. Sorry for the school families

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:23 pm
    • Agreed everyone these days are out for blood instead of waiting for the answers for all we know it was pain meds she used to ease up real pain. I have borrowed a prescribed pill for my Migraine before and had them offered when I was having bad ones but I am not a junkie in anyway I do not even like meds but there are times when you need something to save your life. So people need to stop assuming the worst.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 10:56 pm
      • I agree Edna. Wait for all the facts before they hang her.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 5:10 pm
    • Sheriffs released the media release and the arrest happened at the school because the thefts occurred at the school. She was stealing from her fellow peers. I don’t agree with her crimes, but I question why my children cannot have a cough drop yet teacher’s can bring these meds to their classrooms.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 3:32 pm
  • She also helps with special needs students.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:21 pm
    • Does she medicate them???

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:34 pm
  • She is….was….my daughters 5th grade math teacher

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:19 pm
  • Is this why so many of our kids are so screwed up with white trash like this teaching or rather appearing everyday for a paycheck. Do we back ground check teachers here?

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:16 pm
    • more kids are screwed up because of how they are being raised at home, I have family and friends who are teachers and they are great, in every profession you can find bad ones and they need to be put out of the profession, but teachers aren’t to be raising our children the parents are.

Wednesday, 21 October 2015, 7:21 am
  • I’m am so sick of these pos teachers either drugs or alcohol or touching our innocent children that we are supposed to trust them going to school ? to learn! Toss her in the slammer and throw away the key ?

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:16 pm
    • you know one pos doesn’t mean they are all bad… your post seems to insinuate that .. my son is a senior, daughter a sophomore and to date, both have had decent teachers, morals wise, Great teachers as educators and people! this woman is what she is and would be as a teacher, cop or janitor.

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 9:01 pm
  • Random drug tests should be given. Also what’s up with the subs down here( Florida) no teaching experience needed? Weird!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:08 pm
  • But! But! Wasn’t there a ‘This is a Drug Free Zone” sign?!!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:06 pm
  • does anyone know what grade she taught?

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 5:03 pm
    • it was 5th i had her in 5th grade

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 8:56 pm
  • Maybe she should stick to diet pills

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 4:52 pm
  • Fantastic. What’s next?

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 4:43 pm
  • Good!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 4:42 pm
  • Gee! Explorer K-8.
    Isnt that a safety concern! So now you gonna close the dog park across the street? More safety concerns! Told you this area is a war zone!
    This dumb b***h is out of business! Unbelievable!!

Tuesday, 20 October 2015, 4:39 pm