BREAKING: Hernando High Employee Resigns After Allegations of Sexual Misconduct

BROOKSVILLE – RNRF received information from an anonymous source that an employee with Hernando High School was forced to resign, after allegations of sexual misconduct with several students.

According to that source, 7 to 8 students at the high school had engaged in sexual activity with 30-year-old Jessica Moen at various occasions over the last year.

Eric Williams, a spokesperson with Hernando County Schools says, Moen worked as a secretary at the school since September of last year, and then resigned February 27th after allegations surfaced regarding the inappropriate contact with students.

Although all the alleged acts occurred with students over the age of 18, local law enforcement was contacted to investigate to ensure that none of the students were minors at the time of the incidents.

It is not known at this time if the sexual encounters took place on School property or off campus.

Our source provided a list of the students who were allegedly involved, but we are not releasing their identities at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

UPDATE: Spokesperson Eric Williams says “According to information that I have received from law enforcement, none of the sexual encounters took place on schools grounds.”

Comments
  • Why wouldn’t they let her chaperone field trips ?
    All she did was have sex with adult males away from school grounds.
    What is wrong with that ?
    I say, three cheers for her. Young men of that age could mostly all use an older, good looking women to help them during that awkward stage.
    To think anything else would be an indication someone thought there was something evil about sex between consenting adults.

Saturday, 7 November 2015, 11:38 am
  • WHY IS THE HERNANDO COUNTY SCHOOL BOARD LETTING HER CHAPERONE FIELD TRIPS?! She just did the 30th of October why is she still around students?

Friday, 6 November 2015, 8:31 pm
  • Amen, Max.
    We have to get rid of this ‘sex is some kind of a sin’, ‘there is something wrong with having sex’, idea.
    It isn’t healthy to think that way.

Saturday, 21 March 2015, 2:11 am
  • Let’s reevaluate the whole thing. Yes, they were all eighteen and they are legally considered adults. I understand that they know right from wrong, but does that honestly make it okay for a woman working for a public school to sleep with students? I mean, what did she do select the ones who were legally adults and say “hmm… Well I’ll sleep with these seven because I won’t go to jail for it.” Sorry if I could care less about her reputation being ruined, she chose her deck of cards and that’s what she got. I seriously can’t understand how you could possibly defend her! That’s discusting. Regardless of their age, she SLEPT WITH 7 STUDENTS! I know this to be true from a reliable source. Yes, she indeed SLEPT with them.

Thursday, 19 March 2015, 9:56 pm
    • Of course she selected ones who were legal adults. It’s what is required by law.
      To be upset with what happened means one must think there is something evil about adults having sex with each other.
      A male with power over a young woman is one thing, but thinking an attractive desirable female helping young men gain experience in this area is something evil – is foolish at best.
      The real evil that happened here was done by the prude who decided to sneak into her FaceBook like a thief in the night, steal her pictures, and put effort behind making this worse for her.
      Personally, it would have been a blessing for me, as well as other men I’ve talked with, to have run into someone like her when I was in that awkward stage at age 18 and could have used someone with experience showing me the ropes.

Friday, 20 March 2015, 10:53 am
  • 30 year old man with 18 year old women? Sounds like someone deserves a high-five lol. It makes no difference. No laws are broken. The school may frown upon both, but so what? Everybody quit beating a dead horse.

Wednesday, 18 March 2015, 6:09 pm
  • Complete and utter slut. Her husband shouldn’t be embarrassed. It was her not him. Maybe if she didn’t have such an alien shaped head she could have went and got D at 18 yr old. She was too unattractive back then. Find a 2003 yearbook. What a loser

Friday, 13 March 2015, 11:51 pm
  • If her name can be discredited and her face put out there for everyone to see….. Then the names & faces of the guys should be out there for everyone to see…… If this is true,they’re ALL adults.

Friday, 13 March 2015, 11:04 am
  • How would everyone feel if this was a 30 year old man having sex with young women from the school? Just curious.

Thursday, 12 March 2015, 6:24 pm
  • If they were over the age of 18, they’re legally adults and I don’t see why this is news. She did nothing legally wrong.

Thursday, 12 March 2015, 9:45 am
  • I honestly feel bad for this lady. I find her behavior repulsive. However, how lost in sin do you have to be to do this, several times with several boys. Then go home to your husband and children and act as though nothing has happened. I pray that she gets the help she needs. I pray that she finds the grace and forgiveness that God wishes to give her and I pray that she is able to move past this and truly change. I sincerely feel bad for all involved, her, her family, all the Moens (who are great people), the boys, their families and the people who are having to deal with this.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 10:12 pm
  • And benicewirhoutdrama this lady is 31 that’s not a small age gap. She is also in a position of authority over these students, all school board employees are. Her being “just a secretary” doesn’t make it any more ok than if she were “just a teacher”. It’s an abuse of power, not to mention it’s quite nasty. I feel bad for her poor husband and children. He has got to know by now what she is.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 9:24 pm
  • Lol. I happen to know that this is a true story. Not to mention they don’t make you resign for no reason. Not only that but this lady said that she has no remorse. Every word of this is true and then some. This lady is a pediphile. People are saying it’s no big deal, I bet if this were 18 yr old girls and a male secretary it’d be a whole different ball game. She’s sick and needs professional help. If her husband doesn’t mind this then he needs help too. The Moen family is a great family and this lady in no way reflects them, she married into the family. This whole thing disgusts me.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 9:18 pm
  • How do we know the victims were all boys? Just sayin

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 6:23 pm
  • I think the identies of these students should be released to the public, they are 18 and legal adults. Two they should be able to answer questions from every one they meet in a public place just like Jessica will have to do. I have know Jessica and her husband since high school, and I think this is being blow out of proportation. There is simply no way any of this is true, and for those of you who have made post on here running your mouths think about this.Think about how stupid you are for beleving every thing you hear and read, just like all the rest of the dumb ass Americans who believe every thing they hear about the government taking care of us. They tell us what they want us to hear and spin it so we will believe it, and I’m telling you this is crap. I can’t believe people in hernando county have nothing better to do than smear a good persons name in the mud so they came get ahead, week I hope carma gets their ass 10 fold. They picked on a person who’s family is born and raised in this town and ruined her life. Well congratulations to you for being a ass hole. Jessica be strong girl like I know you are, you and your family will get passed it

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 5:26 pm
  • Not to mention, sexual misconduct could mean slapping butts, grabbing boobs, etc. It doesn’t necessarily mean intercourse.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 4:57 pm
  • it

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 4:53 pm
  • If it didn’t happen during school hours, at school, or with a minor, why is out anybody else’s business besides those, & their families, who are involved?

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 4:52 pm
  • Divorce that door knob. Everybody getting a turn.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 3:49 pm
    • WOW Andrew but SOOOOO TRUE!!!

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 4:14 pm
  • N to think my little boys I took there while I was pregnant as well coulda been n e age n n e boy u never mix business with pleasure rest asured

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 1:19 pm
  • Yea i smashed

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 9:46 am
  • There is a major difference here than most other stories like this…..THEY WERE 18! Who gives a shit? These weren’t middle school boys….they were legally ADULTS. Would I feel differently if it was my kid? No….I wouldn’t like it, poor choice from all parties…..but good grief people! Would this even be news if these same boys, and same woman did this….but say, she worked at Starbucks or something? No.

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 6:44 am
  • I’ve met this girl. She’s a normal, pretty cool, girl. Not really too much older than these legal aged boys. Boys were 18 and it’s not like she’s their teacher (If this story is even true). She’s not too old to actually have true feelings, and they aren’t too young to have real feelings. Neither are the wrong age for fun (if that’s the case). Either way, I feel as though people are poking their noses (and plastering up faces), where they shouldnt. It might be something to gossip about right now, or a way to feel involved in a bit of drama, but this is at someones expense. Someone being a human, that found them self in a human situation.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 10:23 pm
  • Got to love hernado county so looking foward to leaving this state make this simple the boys well at 18 MEN are DOGS was she right in what she did no but who really cares this is another way of causing trouble in the public and ofcourse EVERYONE feeds into it hears a thought maybe the reporters can find something worth writing about for once

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 10:07 pm
  • This is a member of my family and we all like the young d. This is not newsworthy!

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 9:37 pm
  • HHS Moen’s list get help here; Hernando County Health Department M-F 7:30am-5:00pm (352) 540-6800 free screenings

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 9:29 pm
  • How is this news worthy? It’s no different than a student and student relationship if everybody’s over 18. The only difference is, one is employed. Please, everyone just lay off these students and this secretary. Just because these young men still attend school doesn’t mean she’s committed some heinous crime.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 8:01 pm
  • I agree Jayne it just shows how ignorant some are. Wonder how he would feel if it was his life they just post around town. What if your wife was in this position think about that!

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 8:00 pm
  • Rich Biggs Samburgh I think you’re rather cruel to think this is even alittle funny. Be careful, Karma is quite the “female dog”.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 7:51 pm
  • I am sure her husband is sitting back and thinks this is so funny. Keep kicking him when he is down. That is what he needs or is it people.I like that support.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 7:35 pm
  • Lol between her and her husband. Ha hahaha! I know her and she loves her husband, maybe so but she loves the young D more than she does he! This whole story is hilarious.thanks for the laughs .

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 6:25 pm
  • this happens everywhere I don’t know why you guys are so shocked. It doesn’t make the school a bad school just because of 8 students and a teacher. If you guys hopped on here to complain about this then I’m sorry for you that you have absolutely nothing better to do with your life then to sit here and bash a school and students. if it doesn’t involve you who gives a damn? This is the NEWS for a reason.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:59 pm
  • It’s just because the boys that where under age said they didn’t do anything. But it isn’t for sure yet. The older boys admitted to it. While the younger ones told adults they didn’t they are telling students otherwise.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:38 pm
  • This is very hard to believe, I know jessica and this is ridiculous. She is a very sweet person and you can tell she loves her husband , for these accusations just shows that this town has nothing better to do. Why even put their business out there for everyone to see!!?! Even if it happened the boys were 18 who cares thats between jessica and her husband. Enough said!!

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:31 pm
  • I grew up with the Moens in the late 60s and early 70s. These were upstanding people. I am so sad. You talk about tarnishing the names of the students. Well, this young woman has tarnished the great name of Moen. I am sorry for the Moen family. They are a great Brooksville family. Please, don’t judge them by the actions of this one woman. To Pedrohhs2010, I would not want yours or any of these students’ names tarnished, but I sure don’t want the slaps on the back, either. I think that is worse because it makes you think you did a good thing. As wrong as it is for teachers/administrators to have sex with students, the students know right from wrong, too, and for them to engage in sex with a school employee is just as wrong as it is for her to have sex with them. NO SLAPS ON THE BACKS FOR ANYONE.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:29 pm
  • I know a lot of the boys who did it and it’s pretty bad when they are all bragging about it after school and taking pictures together. While their girlsfriends are all crying. So put the names out there.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 5:21 pm
    • listen dude i dont know who you think you are but its none of your concern to put the kids names out, nobody is bragging about the situation to anyone and not one of the kids had a girlfriend while the situation happened so get your facts straight before you start commenting some BS

Wednesday, 11 March 2015, 9:40 am
  • No reason the boys names should be released, regardless of their ages. It was bad decisions on part of everyone involved. They are all of legal age and it had nothing to do with the school. Let it go.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 4:43 pm
  • They ruined my schools (HHS ) reputation by doing this!! It makes our school look worse then it already is!! this makes Me not want to go back to Hernando next year for my senior year!!! Those boys knew Exactly what they were doing, yet they still continued on doing it!!! It’s nasty and pretty low of every single student who was involved and HER !!!!

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 4:38 pm
  • If all involved were of age then I do not see why any of it is newsworthy, especially as chances are they all know each with no connection to school. All that has happened is her reputation is damaged and half the town will sit around speculating as to who else is involved.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 4:03 pm
  • I wanna know who too im sure all the females that have a boyfriend that goes to or went to hhs would want to know.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 3:37 pm
  • Oh she was definitely over some students also in front of on top of and below I’m sure.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:45 pm
  • Hold on!!!!! Wait after the investigation is done…. Do not believe everything you here!!!!!

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:40 pm
    • *hear*

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:54 pm
  • WOW! You people are ridiculous. You want all the names. Would you like dates, times and sex acts performed as well? This woman has humiliated herself and has no reputation to speak of. Even though she was “just” a secretary, she was a member of the staff which automatically places her in a position of authority over all students. Regardless of the circumstances, who made what advances, and what age the students were/are, she was in the wrong for that one reason: she was in a position of authority over a student. Everyone should get a life, stay out of everyone’s business and look a little closer to your own lives to make sure you can hold up to every bit of scrutiny that you want to put everyone else under! Thank You, I will get off my soapbox now and practice a bit of what I preach.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:31 pm
  • Humm,idk….publication of privacy, and or defamation of character,its a delicate situation for both media,and schoolboard not to infringe on rights without lawsuit,,but either or,unless anyone was under the age of 18 whats the big deal,its nothing kids/young adults aren’t doing already behind the parents backs,is it right no and im sure she didnt force them at all,the only one i see feeling bad for is the husband,,j/s

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 2:06 pm
  • Position of authority she’s a secretary! If they were really 18 then release their names. If there is an official law enforcement investigation then it is a matter of public record if all parties are of legal age.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 1:54 pm
  • I’m surprised it took so long for this to make news! Regardless of the age of the boys, they were still STUDENTS, and she was in a position of authority, thus the one in the wrong.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 1:41 pm
  • her poor husband he seems to be really in love and she WELL!!!!!!! NUF SAID

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 1:01 pm
  • Excuse me but there should be some discretion. Any young man would be tempted by an nice looking older lady’s advances. I think justice has been served by forcing the young woman to resign, she should not be allowed to work around young men, if she has no means of self control. There is no reason to keep this highlighted, there are certainly more important issues that need be publicized.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 12:50 pm
  • They were 18 and knew what they were doing. To hell with their reputation. Put their names out there so that other girls who go to that school know who the sexual deviants are for their own safety.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 12:48 pm
    • What is sexually deviant about young men being interested in desirable females?

Wednesday, 18 March 2015, 6:42 pm
  • …those young men knew just what they were doing. They kind of tarnished their own reputation. And if Ms Moen did this and these young men weren’t minors then why are we tarnishing her reputation?

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 12:31 pm
  • Way back in my day 2010 ,I had my name tarnished real quick by the assistant principal but I remember the students who found out patted me on the back

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 12:10 pm
  • “but we are not releasing their identities at this time”

How about you never release these names and tarnish the names of these students. The public doesn’t need to know every. single. detail.

Tuesday, 10 March 2015, 11:43 am
    • If they are 18 they are adults and therefore responsible for their actions just like this women. They obviously knew what they were doing if it was consensual. I am sure she didn’t force them or hold them down. No the public doesn’t need to know every detail like this woman is facing and I am sure her family, but it’s out there and they are of age to face consequences to their actions as well. There is right and wrong and they are old enough to know the difference. They are not immune because they “still go to school.” Welcome to the real world. There are always consequences for our actions. Hopefully they will take it as one of life’s many learning lessons and apply to the remainder of their lives. If you don’t want people to judge you, know about personal stuff or be “embarrassed” don’t do stupid stuff and don’t “post” personal stuff or your whole life on social media.

Thursday, 12 March 2015, 11:24 pm