BREAKING: Kidnapping Suspect Captured after Pursuit – Victim Sustains Minor Injuries

SPRING HILL – Just before 10:00 p.m., RNRF received information of a possible kidnapping that occurred in Pasco County. Within minutes of the call Hernando County Deputies were alerted that the suspect’s vehicle may have crashed at the intersection of Commercial Way and Applegate Drive.

The Sheriff’s Office has not released an official report, but according to our sources, the alleged suspect, Ray Gonzalez (exact spelling unknown), fled the scene on foot before deputies arrived on the scene.

The female kidnap victim sustained a laceration and was transported to a local hospital for treatment. It is not known if her injury occurred as a result of the crash or at the hands of her kidnapper.

As we made our way closer to the scene, a K-9 unit began tracking behind the Publix Shopping Center, headed east through a subdivision.

Seconds after our arrival, we learned that deputies located Gonzalez hiding behind a residence on Ashland Drive.

We immediately made our way to the residence and captured the apprehension on video. Below are some images from the dramatic scene.

Due to a minor laceration from a K-9 bite, Fire Rescue was called to check on the Gonzalez’ injuries.

While deputies were interviewing the Gonzalez he was overheard saying “I’m not a criminal… I ran because I have a warrant.”

It is believed that Gonzalez was transported to a local hospital for treatment, before being booked on charges related to the incident.

We will bring the full report once officials have released their report.

UPDATE: 09/07/2015, 10:13 A.M. – According to the Hernando County Jail website, The Florida Highway Patrol has charged 30-year-old Ray Gonzalez with Hit and Run with Injury, Hit and Run with Property Damage, and Reckless Driving.

Gonzalez faces one count of Resisting Arrest out of Hernando County.

Pasco County has charged Gonzalez with Reckless Driving, Driving on a Suspended License and for Failing to Appear on a previous Driving Under the Influence charge.

At this time, Gonzalez is not charged with kidnapping. Some speculate that the victim is actually Gonzalez’ girlfriend and that she may have left with him on her own free will, but that has not been confirmed.

kid 2 kid 3 kid 4 kid 5 Kid 6 kid 7 kid 9 kid 10 kid1

Car 2 Car1

Gonzalez

Comments
  • What happened to the days when a 30 year old male was a man. Now a lot of them act, dress, talk like they’re 18. It’s sad.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:03 pm
  • either way he nearly killed ppl running. must of been going about a 100 mph and nearly hit 2 cars. and hit the median. then somehow gained control then tryed to make a turn n went rt in the corner of the ditch. he put ppls lives in jeopardy n was a thin line away from going to prison for life, for manslaughter cuz this could of easyily turned up with multiple innocent ppl dead.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 5:49 pm
  • Oh boy the spring hill talkers are up in arms folks…..heez mi frend u dont no anythang u wurnt their.,.,.u peepol r reel jorks…sew watt hez. gaught a warentt…like u peepol r see purfict……let’s see…he ran and in the process yells I’m not a criminal…I have a warrant…..that’s like getting caught with stolen goods and saying I was returning them…..nice try gangsta…lol…moron…lol…

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 5:38 pm
  • Take the time to read the report. POSSIBLE KIDNAPPING, ALLEGED SUSPECT. Key words here are POSSIBLE and ALLEGED. Still no reason to try to drive or run off. If you’re innocent, stop and take the time to explain yourself. You just might get to continue on your way. Novel idea, huh!

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 1:22 pm
  • Peter b you don’t know ray personally do you well I do so shut the fuck up you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 10:05 am
  • @Reyna, it was reported as a possible kidnapping, we understand that wasn’t the case. Doesn’t change the fact your boyfriend is a criminal,it’s all public record. I’d save the “legal action” monies for a defense attorney for him.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:48 am
  • Wise one? As the mother and mother in law yes that makes me wise to the situation. I know what happened. This was posted for ratings and is not at all what happened. So go ahead and spend your whole day watching and reading this garbage of false information. Your argument is not valid and neither is this article. All about drama….

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:42 am
  • I am very conservative and very pro-order; however, even I was questioning this article. The headlines sensationalize something he was never charged with and what seems to be a minor incident between a young couple that went a little haywire. Obviously if he wasn’t charged with kidnapping, it’s basically just a resisting arrest by way of running. A more appropriate headline might read, Public Endangered With Fleeing Suspect…end of story….so basically, there’s no story here, move along. I got what he was saying; he ran over a warrant but he’s no kidnapper. Very few of us can say that we have never, ever had a single run-in with law enforcement. I get a right-hand-turn ticket at least twice a year. I understand that dramatic headlines grab more readers, but I liked that this site offered REAL NEWS, not a Jerry Springer version, so let’s keep it real please.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 9:04 am
  • And @peter b when and where does it ever say he used to be an officer??

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 7:45 am
  • I was in that car you guys are al f****n ridiculous and have no idea about the situation including mr Tom lemons which I know personally. This story is so far from the truth it disgust me. But you can all go ahead and keep talking shit about things you know absolutely nothing about just keep believing what you read on the Internet cause everyone knows all the fuckin facts are true!! Thumbs up to all you outstanding f****n citizens and FYI I was not kidnapped at all. Tom can either re write his story and I’ll take legal action. Thanks Tom you’re so f****n amazing.

Tuesday, 8 September 2015, 7:24 am
  • Must have crashed due to being distracted by all the yes signs. They’re everywhere. Must be a county sign

Monday, 7 September 2015, 10:24 pm
  • I forgot to ask, who is the officer with the dark uniform with; Pasco County or Hwy.Patrol? Nice our guys let him get his man.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 6:34 pm
  • Love that perp-walk!

Monday, 7 September 2015, 6:27 pm
  • Oh I forgot to add, he used to be a police officer, LMAO.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 2:13 pm
  • Oh Amy, Amy, Amy, we know, he is an upstanding citizen, he is a good hardworking person, he never hurt anyone, he has never been in trouble, he doesn’t do drugs, he is not a violent person, he alway’s helps people, he has a wonderful family, he doesn’t drink, he….he…. aww hell, what more can, we say about this fine young man……NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Monday, 7 September 2015, 2:10 pm
  • @Amy, if that’s not what happened why not enlighten us…

Monday, 7 September 2015, 1:53 pm
  • He was found at 5386 Ashland drive. That’s my house in the background of all those pics and in front of my bedroom window. My great dane kept flirting with the K-9 dogs. They stayed in front of my bedroom window for an hour and a half taking photos of where they took the suspect down. His left shoe was left in my hedges. I was told no weapons were left and nothing was said of narcotics, the police were very polite and asured me I had nothing to worry about and nothing was damaged around my property. Good job guys.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 12:39 pm
  • That happend on my street the guy was hiding in my yard WTF has the world *** to

Monday, 7 September 2015, 11:44 am
  • Good job, HCSO. Give that dog a bone!

Monday, 7 September 2015, 11:26 am
  • Never a dull moment in the Tampa Bay Area., This is turning into South America.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 11:05 am
  • Get your facts straight before reporting rumors. This was not what happened! Not at all

Monday, 7 September 2015, 11:03 am
    • Enlighten us Oh wise one…

Monday, 7 September 2015, 10:27 pm
  • “I’m not a criminal” except for the warrant and the kidnapping and the fleeing to alude.

Monday, 7 September 2015, 7:40 am
  • “I’m not a criminal, I ran because I have a warrant”. They don’t issue warrants for being an up-standing citizen, or for things like becoming an Eagle Scout. IDIOT!

Monday, 7 September 2015, 7:29 am
  • “I’m not a criminal… I ran because I have a warrant.” lmao

Monday, 7 September 2015, 2:25 am
  • Great job, HCSO!!

And a GREAT job to Tom Lemons reporting!!

Monday, 7 September 2015, 1:04 am