; ;

BREAKING: Knife-Wielding Suspect Shot, Killed By Deputies, Dogs Stabbed and Beat, Deputy Injured

UPDATE: 8:53 P.M. – The Sheriff’s Office has identified the deceased as 26-year-old Taylor Kendall Hodge. The two deputies involved in today’s shooting are identified as 25-year-old James Desmond and 46-year-old Earnest Johnson. Both are currently on administrative leave, pending the outcome of the investigation.

UPDATE: 5:42 P.M. – Original information reported by officials that one of the dogs had died in the attack is incorrect. They now say that when the suspect broke into the home, the family’s Pit Bull was struck with a tire iron. That’s when the Basset Hound tried to help and was subsequently stabbed. Both dogs have been transported to a local vet for treatment.

UPDATE: 1:26 P.M. – According to Sheriff Al Nienhuis, the suspect did not survive his injuries and was pronounced deceased at a local hospital. Nienhuis also says the injured deputy has been treated and released after suffering a minor injury to the hand.

Nienhuis confirmed that one dog was stabbed to death inside a residence on Duffield Road and says that another dog was injured during his attack. While inside the victim’s home, Neinhuis says “the suspect had a tire iron and a knife and was literally bouncing off the walls.”

Officials say two deputies were involved in the shooting and have been placed on administrative leave, per agency policy.

The suspect’s identity has not been released at this time but Neinhuis says next of kin have been notified.

ORIGINAL REPORT:

BROOKSVILLE – RNRF is on the scene of a Deputy involved shooting that left the suspect with multiple gunshot wounds and one deputy injured.

According to sources, around 10:30 a.m. deputies responded to the area of Duffield Road and Cedar Lane after receiving reports that a man was threatening several neighbors with a knife.

Witnesses claim the suspect was screaming “I’m on meth” as he ran through several yards, before being confronted by deputies.

There are unconfirmed reports that the suspect refused to comply with deputies even after being tased and that one deputy suffered a knife wound to the hand during the confrontation. That’s when at least one deputy fired several rounds into the suspect.

It is not known at this time if the suspect survived the shooting but according to our sources, deputies immediately began taking measures to save the suspect’s life.

While deputies were securing the crime scene, a resident on Duffield Road reported that the suspect had broken into their home and stabbed their dog to death before confronting deputies outside.

The injured deputy was transported to a local hospital for treatment but the extent of his injuries is unknown at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

The dog’s owners have provided the following GoFundme page to help pay the cost of saving “Levi,” the second dog stabbed during the attack. https://www.gofundme.com/levi-recovery

r-2 r-3 r-4 rnrf-1

hcso-1

Comments
  • Released – FDOC 5/8/16. See Pasco + Hillsb. + Hernando arrests. Agg. assault w/weapon 2012.
    Arson, GTA (x2), Burglary, with firearm….more than once. No stranger to trouble. Done.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 6:31 am
    • Mic dropped!!

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 12:52 pm
  • Prior RNRF story on Taylor Hodge http://www.rnrfonline.com/suspect-to-face-charges-of-armed-robbery-and-burglary/

Monday, 20 February 2017, 10:55 pm
  • Anyone who feels sorry for this guy should get thier heads checked, he very well could of ended the life of anybody he encountered while breaking into houses, he could of ended the life of any cop or firefighter that responded to him! Not having sympathy for this scumbag is not karma related, its caring about the people that he hurt or may have hurt in his ” state of well being!” Iam sure his record will speak for itself….

Monday, 20 February 2017, 9:29 pm
  • We should have cane a tweaker day amonth or so, nice green 1″ thick bamboo. They did it Pahoa Hi worked well …. Have a blessed evening

Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:56 pm
  • A very sad story on all fronts. Thanks Tom for at least trying to keep us aware of what is going on in our neighborhoods.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:43 pm
  • I knew about this when they brought him in to get worked on. Cant say nothing to this one Hipaa, too many coworkers figured out my name and Im sure his family would call the law offices of Kanweskruya and Howe.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:16 pm
  • I agree with your comments, B-ville mom, 100%! For the last 1 1/2 years our grown daughter has been addicted to the devil which is meth. Our family has been torn apart. We have tried unsuccessfully to try to get our daughter into a long term treatment facility, but have not had any luck. I believe if a person with an addiction wants to get help then it should be an easier process. Thank you HCSO for all you do everyday to protect and take care of us!!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:43 pm
  • I just want you all to know how ignorant you are, I bet you wouldn’t be saying glad the person died if it was your mother, father son or even brother now would you?? No one knows what this kid was going through, drugs take over the mind and it’s hard for some people, some people actually want help and taylor was a good dude, yes he wasn’t in the right state of mind and no he shouldn’t of hurt those dogs but everyone should step back, take a look in the mirror and realize that no one is perfect and this world has drugs that are taking over. Instead of being ignorant why don’t you fools give condolences to the family of taylor as well as the dogs. RIP

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:42 pm
    • It shouldn’t matter what you are going through… drugs are not the frigging answer. So tired of these people getting drugged up and overdosing and killing people and animals. No one is being ignorant here. Look at all these people overdosing and they have kids with Them! That is sick. He CHOOSE to do drugs, he CHOOSE to take a life! Yes no one is perfect but you can CHOOSE not to do drugs!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:56 pm
    • Yes,i would,libtard.i would shoot my own brother if he did this.get off your illogical soap box.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:16 pm
    • we are the ignorant ones not the one defending this “great person”. Hahaha. your “home dog”. aka Taylor Gang was a thug who was arrested for armed robbery in the past and did nothing but refer to himself and others as the N word on his delightful facebook page. maybe he should’ve not tried living the thug life and should’ve had a career. but I understand because in the world of drugs birds of a feather stick together. well the flock got a little thinner thanks to his brilliant decision making. keep living your fantasy lives and not be able to deal with real life things when your fantasies don’t play out.

my sympathy is with the dog owners and the cops for having to be subjected to his lunatic behavior.

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:10 am
    • If somebody comes in my house and kills my dog im going to kill them…plain and simple…if its a family member i will put them in the hospital. Idc if i know them or not, so dont tell me what i would or wouldnt say or do…you dont with my dog…

Monday, 27 February 2017, 12:56 pm

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:12 pm
  • Wow so many people quick to judge if there not accusing Tom of reporting a story wrong there wishing death on someone it is you people that scare me more then these drug addicts these are human beings this was someone’s child,uncle or brother at one time prior to drugs taking hold every single person has a family member that isn’t PERFECT but it don’t mean you wish death on someone as far as thinking your so perfect and can report local news better well then get off the computer and start your new career instead of all these keyboard warriors

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:03 pm
  • Dog did not die but owner needs help with vet bills please help there is a go fund me account set up levi recovery

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:55 pm
  • I feel for the family with the dogs. Dog shouldn’t have been stabbed by a meth head. Get rid of all the druggies in this area.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:45 pm
  • Prayers for all involved,my heart breaks terribly for anyone’s life to end!!What is wrong with some of you fellow Americans on here to wish such a thing..Karma at its finest.Watch out Cuz it will get you foolish people with such hastey remarks..Tom,thank you again for keeping the citizens who appreciate you up to date 🙂 smh so many negative nancys…

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:42 pm
  • This is your brain, This is your brain on Meth! Any Questions??
    Hope deputies recover fast !

Thank You HCSO for ridding the earth of this dirtbag!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:56 pm
  • It was Rebel. He has a split personality!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:52 pm
  • I see from above that some wipe with minor education has taken my name. OK on with the blog, hopefully the perp dies, if not, hangem and than shootem.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:37 pm
    • he croaked. good.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:03 pm
    • Get bent Bethy……..

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:05 pm
  • they just updated, one deputy injured by the knife and the suspect died at the hosp

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:29 pm
  • This is such a sad story!! I feel so bad for the dog!!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:12 pm
  • Hopefully the idiot Will drop dead one Less meth head druggie around town probably already has a lengthy record like the rest of them all do and they get back out into society feel sorry for the neighbors and the poor dog good job to the deputies

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:48 pm
    • Really what about the dirt bags making it and selling it. Just hold your judgements until it affects someone in your family and see if you feel the same way about these “meth head druggies”. Meth is an epidemic in this county and as long as there are suppliers there will be addicts. So Lena W. sit there in your glass house and I will pray that you or your family will never fall victim to this deadly drug, also just so you know before you blast me I am not nor have I ever been addicted to any drug but it has for sure torn my family and many other families apart you do not know pain until your child falls victim to this drug and is forever lost to you……………

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:27 pm
      • Amen

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:19 pm
      • I would also like to add that The S.O. did their job and thank goodness no deputies or bystanders lost their lives except for the K-9 it could have been a lot worse had this situation not been contained by fast actions by law enforcement. Law enforcement needs more help and support in getting the meth cooks and pushers off the streets and locked away.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:22 pm
      • Amen

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:44 pm
      • Amen bville Mom!
        Meth is horrible it destroys good people, more needs to be done to the suppliers that are selling in our community

Monday, 20 February 2017, 4:19 pm
      • Well said.. I agree with you 100%..

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 5:04 pm
  • You never know what you will come up on and I laud the deputy’s for containing the threat.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:37 pm
  • A Fine Job HCSO!! A Job Well Done! Lets Just Hope That The POS DIES So There Is No Trial To Waist Are Tax Money On & One Less Meth Head On The Streets : )

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:35 pm
    • Apparently ‘Rebel’ …..you’re marginally educated. It’s ” No trial to WASTE OUR tax money” not ” waist are” . First letter of each word capitalized makes it look like a news headline as opposed to a sentence. Only made it to the fifth grade ?

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:59 pm
      • Get your own name, don’t use mine…..

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:38 pm
    • You should be spending time praying for that family instead of talking smack about him and also be praying for the family that lost their dog went through a terrible trauma and the officer that was injured.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:07 pm
      • The meth head deserves to die

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:42 pm
        • No one deserves to die!!! Maybe he was trying to explain his actions because he couldn’t handle them!!! What a sad person to say someone one meth needed to die…I can only pray you are never burdened with a family member addicted to meth!!!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 4:14 pm
          • By killing a dog? NOT

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:14 pm
          • Agreed! Drugs do not discriminate.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 9:24 pm
      • So sorry a dog died and one was hurt :'(

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:02 pm
      • Exactly! And my prayers go out to all the families involved.. a very sad , traumatic day..

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:34 pm
  • Awesome job by our men in blue!!!!!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:28 pm
  • I just read on a diff site no deputys were injured?

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:28 pm
    • RealNewsRealFast where the allegations are made up and the facts don’t matter.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 12:46 pm
      • Todd, if you do not like Tom or this site, why don’t you quit reading it and go back to CNN!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:49 pm
      • Very true with all media sad but true this world reports what they want or just make up

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:51 pm
        • And yet you also keep coming back to read his articles “OK”

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:34 pm
      • All Tom’s information is what he gets right from the sheriff Todd.And if that is what you believe why do you keep coming back to read his articles?

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:32 pm
        • Exactly… maybe once in a while the info might not. Be 100% correct , but from what I’ve seen he always comes back and corrects it or updates it when this happens.. as for this case, unfortunately it was all true .. ( I know someone who works at the hospital.. ) and thank god the officers are going to be ok..as for people wishing death on this person, which he is in fact dead , sadly there are more people in this town that anyone even knows about. Older, younger, middle aged.. and some you’d never know it by talking to them . they need help, not jail.. I think it’s pretty sad when someone is so bad on drugs , or so mentally sick that they run around not knowing what they’re doing , threatening the police… killing innocent animals.. threatening people.. they need help.. yes the police had every right to shoot him.. but it’s sad that he was so bad off it came down to that..

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:31 pm
          • Well said

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:21 pm
          • he doesn’t always correct his stories. js I was personally reported as stabbing a guy on this site yet I was found not guilty for the stabbing yet when I brought it to this sites attention that they had the story wrong they still haven’t done anything to change it, but just so you know I’m not arguing your facts on the issue about the guy that did this stabbing I just want it known that the guy that created this site doesn’t always look for all the facts every time..

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:57 pm
          • I agree

Monday, 20 February 2017, 9:48 pm
      • You are an idiot

Wednesday, 22 February 2017, 9:23 pm
      • Is everyone here a dick? Damn…they didnt attack anyone, just said they read something different. They didnt call anyone a liar lol y’all jacked up on mountain dew coming at people like spider monkeys XD

Monday, 27 February 2017, 12:47 pm
      • And then theres todd

Monday, 27 February 2017, 12:48 pm
    • Who was your source, rnrf uses only correct information.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 1:40 pm
      • RNRF in fact spreads fake and false news. Quoting people when not asked to quote them and inserting his own words, reporting on false accusations ruining others lives. Tom is a pos ambulance chaser.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:08 pm
          • Tom I can personally state that you don’t always get all the facts and report them correctly I was the guy that was supposed to have brutally stabbed a guy in the head in brooksville yet even the courts only found me guilty of punching the guy which is what I did. even the cops in Hernando county will tell you I admitted to punching him right off the bat but I’ve never had to use a weapon. I punched a guy for telling a 10 year old special needs kid that he was going to put his balls on the kids chin and I willingly admitted to it but your story was that I stabbed the guy! I wrote you multiple comments on your site about it and you’ve never even responded to it. was I wrong for putting my hands on the guy yes and no but it doesn’t matter I did my time. But to be honest it would have been nice to have been asked my side of the story before I got slandered…

Monday, 20 February 2017, 7:08 pm
        • I guess this must be another petson pissed that got arrested and the story made it on here.So many idiots yet they still come here to your site.You need to find a way to block these idiots from your site Tom.Keep doing what you do the rest of us apppreciate it and know you only write what the sherriff tells you

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:30 pm
          • Oops must be another petso.n

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:32 pm
          • Oops.Must be another person not petson

Monday, 20 February 2017, 3:34 pm
        • Tom reports news as it’s given to him…if it’s a problem stop coming here to read and then complain. Stop with this “fake” news crap, we know who you’re repeating that from!

Monday, 20 February 2017, 5:32 pm
        • He didn’t have to be shot to death he clearly said he was on meth ,not in his right mind smh,could a been shot in the leg anything

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:35 pm
          • your name says it all jerk dont care what your on walk in my house and kill my dog id kill him without batting an eye..it would be very painful after the torture of a knife for a few hours ill smoke a joint as im slicing him up,so i wont get in trouble

Monday, 20 February 2017, 8:59 pm
          • oh here we go with the sympathy. well it’s simple math. he didn’t have to not have a job ,smoke meth,break into a house ,stab a dog,hit one with a tire iron, run and threaten others with a knife,fight with the cops and cut a cop with a knife. see if he didn’t do all that he wouldn’t have been shot. it’s really simple but difficult for some to understand

Tuesday, 21 February 2017, 7:03 am
    • Actually if you read the other site more carefully you will read that the deputy involved in the shooting was not injured. …….

Monday, 20 February 2017, 2:54 pm
    • Way to go deputy.I will pay your way to Disney World if you want to go. Tom knows how to get in touch with me. Keep up the good work.

Monday, 20 February 2017, 6:10 pm