BREAKING: Man Feared Dead After Falling From Boat – Search Underway

HERNANDO BEACH – Authorities are searching the Hernando Beach Channel for a man who fell from a boat and disappeared. An official report has not been released, but according to our sources, around 2:00 p.m. a man fell off a boat while it was in motion and was struck by a second vessel following close behind. The victim, whose identity has not been released, disappeared below the surface and has not been seen since.

The family aboard the second vessel was brought back to the Water Management Facility, while the boat they rented remains anchored near the scene of the accident.

The Sheriff’s Office Marine and Air units have searched the area with no results. A Coast Guard Helicopter is en route at this time to continue with the search efforts.

UPDATE: 5/25/2015, 5:25 PM – Officials have identified the missing boater as 31-year-old Alfredo Valentin of Thonotosassa.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Boat 1 Boat 2 Boat 3 Boat 4 Boat 5

Comments
  • Looking up for any updates I found this. Now I could read and understand …..by the given comments…I am his son grandmother .I prayed and waited for a while… God bless his soul…..My family is all astonished and emotional ..very confusing.I knew him as young teen…watch him grow with my son as close friends..spend time at my house…still find pictures in places.He was a sweet loving person …He called me mom for nickname.My daughter had his baby boy love child.today a young man that will always miss his dad 🙁 I pray for his soul to be at peace..I pray for his mother…for confort in her heart .we are so sorry..to his wife and daughters.His grandmother.to his brother he loved…his father he looked up to..Today I can say my condolences to all in the family.we also mourn this difficult moments because we share his presence .living in love with his son.R.I.P.Josh we Love you!

Monday, 29 June 2015, 4:44 pm
  • With the storm, we were informed currents my have taken him out to sea, since apparently your just dying with anticipation…..my familly held a private memorial. We have come to grips knowing he will never return to us. Ty all who have prayed and to those who can’t be supportive and are rude as heck you need Jesus and I will be praying for you.

Wednesday, 10 June 2015, 1:56 am
  • Nunya, find something better to do with your time. Unless you have some personal connection with the victim or his family, you’re going to just have to deal with not knowing this “truth” you are so desperately looking for.

Has it occurred to you that perhaps it’s “nunya” business?

Sunday, 7 June 2015, 1:39 pm
  • TOM LEMONS – Is there an update on the search yet????
    Has this man been found, dead or alive yet??
    Please give us an update on this story..

Sunday, 7 June 2015, 4:09 am
      • The fact that he has still not been found sounds very fishy to me.
        How could this have happened with so many people on those
        boats who saw that man fall off of that boat??
        Was alcohol or drugs involved in this man falling off that boat?
        So many questions with no answers!!

Tom Lemons – Please ask questions about this case
        and update us if you can??

Sunday, 7 June 2015, 12:19 pm
        • Thank you in advance, Tom Lemons..

Sunday, 7 June 2015, 12:20 pm
  • Y did they call off the search

Sunday, 31 May 2015, 4:16 pm
  • I realize that everyone wants to be nosey and know what exactly happened and it’s easy to come up with your own versions but I can’t believe how ignorant some of you people are. What happened was an accident and no one could have predicted what was going to unfortunately happen. For everyone who was with him that day, they all feel some part of responsibility that he didn’t come home with them. There is no planning a get away or side story, this was a tragedy that now leaves many empty hearts. Have some sympathy and compassion people. For his family and friends, I am so sorry that this happened to you and I hope that you can one day find peace. Those that were with him when this happened, I hope that you can move forward and not dwell on the what ifs or the nasty comments.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 7:05 pm
  • “Nunya” You are certainly a HEARTLESS PIECE OF SHIT !!!!! To post such an inappropriate comment!!!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:43 pm
    • lucky – Call me any name you want to, BUT, i stand by what I said.
      this story sounds FISHY!!!! This man did not just vanish into thin
      air!!
      Why was this search called off so soon??? Law Enforcement knows SOMETHING!!!

Very fishy that this man has not been found, especially with his background of ILLEGAL
      ACTIVITIES!! His body has not been found and yet the search
      started shortly after he “supposedly” disappeared.

Where is he??? SOMEONE knows something!! FISHY! DISAPPEARANCE!!

Sunday, 7 June 2015, 4:02 am
  • Think-b4u-speak…. pay attention to what was written in the comment about the guy washing up on shore. It was a comment by the victim’s sister-in-law. and she was saying that she hopes he washed up on shore alive and that they do not find him dead.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 4:38 pm
  • Something smells really fishy (no pun intended) about this story!
    If this man was on this boat, how is it possible that he has not
    been found yet??? He couldn’t have just vanished into thin air so
    quickly!!
    Maybe some research into his illegal activities will bring answers??
    Is it possible that he has warrants from somewhere and he is
    hiding out??? Did the people on either of the two boats
    involved help him to escape from something???

I have a gut feeling that Law Enforcement has most of the
    answers, but it is an ongoing investigation so they will not
    give out any statements at this time!

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 1:34 pm
  • His charges were recient 2012 o yea he changed over night. Karma get u every time.

Saturday, 30 May 2015, 10:57 am
  • It is so rude to try and say he faked his death,my family is having a really difficult time dealing with this loss so if you could please stop trying to dig further into the background of my brother in law that would be fabulous. His past isnt who he was,he became a wonderful person and your insulting his memory by saying what has been said. It was 7 feet of water and he fell it was an ACCIDENT! We haven’t been able to find him and that’s really all there is to it geez!

Friday, 29 May 2015, 2:08 pm
  • Tom .. am I missing an update on this? I’ve been praying about this situation/story was just wondering..

Friday, 29 May 2015, 12:43 pm
  • I googled his name and he has several arrests in Hillsborough County. Was he wanted for anything? It says also that he was way behind on child support and had been arrested for it. Did he fake his own death?Stranger things have happened. Just sounds funny to me that he hasn’t been found in such shallow water. I sure hope and pray that there is a happy ending to such a sad story.

Thursday, 28 May 2015, 10:26 pm
  • Aj I’m assuming your not to bright so I will try to paint a picture for you (maybe u need crayons). Let me explain. 3′ of water makes it much more likely to find a person then 30′ due to the visabilaty of the water and if he was conscious he could stand up. It’s very shallow out there and clear until about 15 feet which is not possible in the location that accident happened. If u hit something with a boat usually you would stop the boat turn around and see what u hit and yes a grown mans body would stick out like a sore thumb.
    Did the rental company count how many people were on the boat when it left?

Thursday, 28 May 2015, 2:05 pm
  • Any update on this man?? Prating for the family and that he still returns home safe… what happen im hearing mixed stories can soneone plz clearify what happen exactly

Thursday, 28 May 2015, 12:14 pm
  • It’s going to be very hard explaining to my nephew about his dad and why he won’t be attending his bday party this weekend. So, he left a few children behind. Not sure how he will respond. But, prayers are appreciated. Not much detail has been given to us….

Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 11:55 pm
  • he was a good man only the people on that boat knows what happen.how could he just disappear and his famo;y was on other boat that hit him dont sound rite.All we can do is pray and god keep family strong and the baby girls that waiting for him at home the strengh to be strong through this hard time

Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 10:49 pm
  • How do you lose somebody in 3 feet of water. Sounds fishy to me.

Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 7:19 am
    • Punisher- Who said anything about 3 feet of water? Regardless, did you not read the part about him being struck by a second boat after he fell into the water? It doesn’t matter if it’s 30 feet or 3 inches, if you get knocked unconscious, the depth is unimportant. It doesn’t sound fishy, is sounds like an ACCIDENT.

Wednesday, 27 May 2015, 9:40 am
  • Aly mary DiCaro isn’t wrong when there are that many ppl out there on the water partying and drinking on a holiday weekend yes a life jacket is a good idea I lived out there all my life and on holiday you have ppl renting boats that don’t follow or don’t know the rules of the water sober but then they throw alcohol in the mix and it’s a disaster. I’m not trying to be rude just honest my prayers go out to his friends and family…..

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 7:35 pm
  • We were out today searching with our boat and another friend on their boat….we have another friend going tomorrow along with my husband…so know, you have others out here too searching, not just the authorities…I feel for your family and are praying for you all.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 6:39 pm
  • Sending Prayers to the family. I’m so sorry that you are having to go through this deviation. My heart goes out to you. People PLEASE watch your words carefully, if it was your family member, you wouldn’t want to see some of the disgusting comments.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 4:03 pm
  • Mary Dicaro you are a disgusting Human being!…Karma !..and yes you’re right thousands of dollars are being spent to find someone’s loved one…IT WAS AN ACCIDENT!…Smh…..and I’m sure you wear your lifevest every time your out there!…BULLSHIT!..if you had any type of a heart .. you wouldn’t be worried about the thousands of dollars that are being spent …you would worry about finding the man alive so he can return home safe to his family!…but I’m sure if that was one of your family members out there I’m sure it wouldn’t be a problem if we were spending the thousands on them though correct!..Prayers to the family!

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 2:56 pm
  • Praying for a safe return, sending love to Cindy and the kids. 🙁

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 2:16 pm
  • Boy I don’t care how you come home, plz just come back to us my G, your family and your boy need you or closure….

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 10:53 am
  • Wow…this is one of the rudest comments I have seen on RNRF. Being that you live on the water, I only hope one of your beloved pets or family members don’t have an accident and fall into the water…would hate to have you be bothered or depend on authorities to rescue..what a waste of money that would be! Rude rude rude rude.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 9:18 am
  • I pray you find your loved one my family lost a love one to the water and it was devistating. May god be with you and your family. O pray u find him alive

Monday, 25 May 2015, 11:15 pm
  • You ppl don’t know what really happened so keep your mouths shut. This is someone’s husband and father have some respect! My deepest condolences go out to everyone involved.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 10:29 pm
  • As a friend of the person missing …. pleas watch what you say as family and friends may see the comments. Thank you to all who have helped in the effort to find our loved you.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 9:14 pm
  • We’re on the water all the time…keeping our eyes open….Bri sending prayers to your family.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 8:03 pm
    • My heart goes out to the family & friends of the missing man. I pray he will be found ok. May God hold you all in the palm of his hand at this distressing time.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 3:30 pm
  • Prayers for all involved. People keep your eyes open- you may be able to help..

Monday, 25 May 2015, 6:29 pm
  • How many of you posters were there? ??exactly. ..

Monday, 25 May 2015, 6:13 pm
  • My prayers and condolences go out to the family during this tragic time.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 5:57 pm
  • Prayers to the family.
    Sounds like the boat following behind
    may have been following way to close!

Monday, 25 May 2015, 4:18 pm
  • No we have no udate the authorities are still searching. The family has seen the article and comments. Its disheartening to hear such mean things regardless of how the situation came to pass it happened and we are having a hard time facing the reality he may never come home deas or alive.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 3:36 pm
    • God bless the family in their time of need.

Tuesday, 26 May 2015, 6:19 pm
  • Instead of all the judgemental comments, people should pray for this family.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 2:54 pm
  • Cant believe people would rather hope a body washes up instead of finding him alive…. even if he is injured …ALIVE! Dont be so self centered people. Choose your comments wisely and with sympathy…accidents happen! It could be your family or someone you know!
    May God help this family in such a horrible time. Sending prayers.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 2:51 pm
  • A person’s life can change or end in an instant. We have all had close calls in our lives. I pray for He his family. I pray for all involved. We all need to love and support one another not beat each other up over whether he had a life jacket on or not.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 2:07 pm
  • No word yet Tom? Saw the helicopter flying over Pine Island about noon.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 1:21 pm
  • Easy people, this man’s relatives could be reading. Mary, you’re just angry because the boaters spoil your expensive sense of quiet. This man’s boat was hit from behind and in the channel no less. If hes over 16 he doesn’t have to wear a life jacket…do you wear one in your pool just in case you might slip and fall? I don’t think so, and your comment about the body, well that was really quite cold and uncalled for.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 1:20 pm
  • Update?

Monday, 25 May 2015, 12:12 pm
  • Honestly none of you need to speculate about the life jacket crap we know he should’ve had one. It is my husbands brother and we are already having a hard enough time dealing with this as he was a very good person and father. How about just pray he washedup somewhere ,and its not just a body we recover!

Monday, 25 May 2015, 11:10 am
  • A life jacket really maybe we don’t know if alcohol was a factor Mayne he was too drunk to swim Noone knows but just because there’s an accident doesn’t mean put more laws into effect. People just need to make smarter choices and remember accidents happen may this family find peace and may everyone stop the bickering

Monday, 25 May 2015, 10:23 am
  • Crazy. We’ve been out of Hernando Beach channel in the past. How could he have disappeared so quickly? What a horrific experience for those he was with. Sending prayers and positive thoughts. I hope he’s found.

Monday, 25 May 2015, 9:33 am
  • If you don’t respect the water it will take your life!

Monday, 25 May 2015, 8:23 am
  • We dont need to be hine sight heroes.a man may of lost his life, So lets talk about what he should of done,nice! Take the stick out of your eye before you help move someone’s splinter

Monday, 25 May 2015, 8:12 am
    • For God’s sake, go back to school or don’t post!

Sunday, 26 July 2015, 9:30 am
  • LJ you have no problem saying that its a simple law to pass to wear life jackets. Now those are words of stupidity. Its a matter of choices not simple laws. Every time something bad happened people think we need to pass more laws. Education is the key, not giveennt control. Dumb ass

Monday, 25 May 2015, 7:32 am
    • er….if you want to call people a dumb ass,
      maybe you should CORRECTLY SPELL GOVERNMENT
      OR CORRECTLY SPELL ABBREVIATION FOR GOVERNMENT!!
      (Insert eye rolls)

Monday, 25 May 2015, 4:36 pm
  • sounds fishy futher investigation WAS IT A PLANNED TRIP ? or NO

Monday, 25 May 2015, 4:00 am
  • It’s a simple law to pass , just like seat belt/lifejacket, should be the same on land as water, Prayers to the family

Sunday, 24 May 2015, 9:22 pm
  • It’s still very windy out there – 9:00 P.M. Folks please wear a lifejacket on the water, even if you can swim well because you just never know. Prayers to the family and loved ones.

Sunday, 24 May 2015, 9:12 pm
  • I was to it was crazy

Sunday, 24 May 2015, 8:22 pm
  • We were out there all day. The copter was circling for An hour low and high with no luck. Cop boats out like crazy. Prayers for the family

Sunday, 24 May 2015, 7:04 pm