BREAKING: Man Threatens to Blow Up Pharmacy, Suspicious Device Located

UPDATE: 3:00 P.M. – The Sheriff’s Office has released surveillance photographs of the suspect wanted in this morning’s botched robbery attempt of the Oak Hill Pharmacy on Cortez Blvd.

Officials say the suspect fled the area in an older model green pickup truck, possibly a ford.

suspect

BROOKSVILLE – Earlier today RNRF reported via Facebook Live, breaking news of a possible robbery attempt by a man who may have been armed with a firearm and an explosive device.

The situation is still very fluid at this time but according to our sources, a man walked into the Oak Hill Pharmacy located at 10101 Cortez Blvd just before noon today and threatened staff with a firearm. Sources also say that the suspect may have had a possible explosive device and that he threatened to blow up the building.

The Great Beginnings II Daycare is on lockdown at this time and it is believed that all students are safe inside the building.

crystal-ad-paragraph

An unofficial, preliminary description of the suspect is a white male, bald, wearing jeans and a grey and white striped polo shirt. It is not known at this time if he is on foot in the area or if he has left in a vehicle.

A device has been located but officials have asked that we not relay further information regarding the device at this time. A bomb squad is en route to determine if the device contains explosives.

We will continue to bring more on this situation as it develops.

divice-1 divice-2 divice-3

bomb-1 bomb-2 bomb-3

Comments
  • I personally know this guy. He has two young daughters and is a talented worker, and used to be a guy that would give you the shirt off his back. If you want to know what drugs can do to you!!!!!!! I understand the frustration of the situation, Thankfully that no one was hurt and I’m sure he is too.

Wednesday, 8 March 2017, 12:02 am
  • you should see the other pictures from cctv at another business. very clear. they were handed over to hcso recently.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 6:36 pm
  • Those are pretty good pictures. Someone looking knows this jackass who held up a pharmacy NEXT TO A PRESCHOOL! Do the right thing and get him off the streets. And he should get TWICE the sentence too.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 6:55 am
  • I think pills are the prob, obviously that’s why he was there.. meth is a problem, but he is more likely a pill head.. yet our president seems to think all the drugs in this country are being brought in by “Mexicans” and other countries.. I guess that’s where all the pain meds are coming from .. SMH.. LMAO.. why doesn’t he try stopping all the pain medicines being prescribed by some of these wonderful doctors in our country. Prescription pain medicine is fuc*king people up .. wake the hell up Trump. Americans sell drugs to Americans and they are prescribed to Americans by American doctors..

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 12:03 am
    • Well, that sad excuse for a leader wants people messed up on prescribed medication. It’s a lot less likely anyone is gonna take a stand against anything if they’re zombies. Lol I guess if those drugs were from Mexico though, they wouldn’t be so damn expensive! All jokes aside though, you’re right about pills. It’s sad that society treats it as an exception when it is a prominent issue.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 8:45 am
    • I bet if Roma was severely injured he would be the first one whining for pain meds. Yes he would. Chronic pain can immobilize you & if you get a bit of relief with pain meds you’re able to function. Chronic pain can be from REAL MALADIES not just give me a buzz doc problems. A few examples: arthritis, diabetes, cancer, crushed vertebrae, fibromyalgia. I hope you NEVER have any problems like these.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 12:23 pm
    • They are making pills in mexico and n. Korea. Every President has said that so that has nothing to do with it. People are also making synthetic opiates with chemicals here in U.S so do some homework, and by they way it got worse when obamas crew changed law oct 15 2015. One question for you were do you think pharmaceutical companys get there opium, morphine from Afghanistan. Illegal opiates come from same place then through mexico and here i would say so your just mad cause you dont like Trump.

Thursday, 2 March 2017, 7:25 am
    • ROMA, Your first mistake was to THINK, for you to blame OUR NEW PRESENT TRUMP, is ludicrous , Like the pill problem just happened in a few weeks of his Presidency . This has been going on a very long time, Obummer made it worse, So get over it, He won like it or not. Are you sure you aren’t Pocahontas ( Elizabeth Warren) Nancy Pelosi or Barbara Boxer, or maybe Chuck U Schumer??? Pills aren’t the worst problem, it’s METH. Have a nice day, now go crawl back into your hole This in no way means I am unsympathetic to the poor people that had to go thru this, I am very glad no one was injured and wish them well, physically and mentally !!

Thursday, 2 March 2017, 11:18 am
  • The best way to solve this is to give away free pills to the junkies but they have to do the whole bottle at once

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 10:49 pm
    • Yes it is meth,herion too all of it give it to them .

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 6:47 am
  • Interesting…the one pharmacy that makes people pay cash on narcotics like oxycodone and diluaded ….I wonder why…

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 10:04 pm
    • Dumb they all take cash

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 1:03 am
    • First of all (bigbrother is watching) I work at this pharmacy and we aren’t the only ones that collect cash for Rx’s. We also don’t require people to pay cash Before posting things like this check the facts and think before making statements moron. The people that work here have families and lives, they faithfully serve this community and don’t deserve like you disrespecting them. If you weren’t so much of a coward you would identify your self.
      Ralph Vitola

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 10:20 am
      • Ralph, well said, sorry for all the workers that had to endure this, Stay safe, idiots everywhere !!

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 11:33 am
        • Thank you Jana.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 2:38 pm
        • Thank you Jana. Today was a very stressful day. You pray your employees don’t have PTSD but you could tell everyone was on edge today.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 10:02 pm
  • My daughter works in that complex and I want to know why it took the cops 12 to 15 minutes to get there. What is wrong with these cops. I guess they are too afraid to go after real criminals. So much for them being so brave. Several drove by with no lights on while these girls feared for their lives. I went up there later and there were 8 cops standing around talking, 1 sitting in an air conditioned vehicle while these poor girls were left sitting in the heat for 6 hours. Shame on you sheriff.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 9:02 pm
      • You may have been there within 3 minutes of the call being dispatched however the two young ladies who called it in we’re on the phone for 9 minutes and 12 minutes, respectively, so I guess the lapse in time was due to the operators not relaying the call immediately. Check the 911 tapes. You will see how long the call lasted. That’s the nice thing about cell phones it shows how long you were on the phone.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 10:41 am
          • Tom I love your column. I read it every day. However I’m not going to argue with you over this. The two young ladies you say were with the cops within a few minutes is iut and out totally dishonest. Perhaps you should talk to them. I DID. And they were on the phone 9 min for one and 11 minutes for the other. Like I said I love your column. However, I don’t understand why you insist on assisting the most incompetent Police Department in the world.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 5:09 pm
          • I meant to say defending not assisting.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 5:21 pm
  • My friends mom owns the daycare there. They had a bus ready to evacuate the children right away. Glad no one was hurt but honestly how did he get a fairly clean get away? This was a high priority call and a bolo was issued right away. This is one dangerous guy and does not need to be out in general society. Also I checked with administration at the local schools near by my children go to and they said they were not notified. A crazed man with a gun lose in the area is probably something to step up security in the general area. All in all happy to hear no one was harmed.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 6:28 pm
    • Hey Food with all your connections you should be able to get ahold of the 911 calls. That should tell you why he made a clean getaway.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 9:08 pm
      • Really? You think? Maybe you can help find him, you seem really intelligent.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 8:27 am
        • I’m sorry my man. I did not mean any disrespect. However I think the 9-1-1 calls do give an insight into how this man was able to disappear before the cops got there.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 10:45 am
          • none taken. just communication break down unfortunately.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 6:34 pm
    • FoodforThought, once again leo not doing the proper procedure of notification. Proper retraining is needed. Thank God the daycare owner had foresight enough to think of the children FIRST. She is a gem that should be commended .

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 12:09 pm
      • she is my friends mom. he always speaks very highly of her.

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 6:35 pm
  • This hit close to home today. I am glad everyone is okay. I used to work in that building and knowing I have a lot of friends there, this was concerning. Thank you to all the law enforcement employees who kept everyone safe! Job well done. Now go find this person and punish him to the extent of the law!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 5:03 pm
  • so are we going to just put up with this crap till we look like chicongo?DEATH TO DRUG DEALERS,RAPISTS AND MURDERERS.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 4:30 pm
  • Can you post some better pics so we can get a better look at his face??? Pics are kind of small. It may help find him…

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 4:24 pm
  • Sounds Like Bethy”s Husband! He Probably Went Home!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 3:12 pm
    • In today’s society……….it’d be well within the norm to ask you about YOUR husband . By the way , how about that spelling contest?

Wednesday, 1 March 2017, 2:01 am
  • Good Lord….
    Praying for everyone’s safety!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 2:41 pm
  • My prayers go out to the staff. There are some batshit crazy people around here.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 2:29 pm
  • Is there something wrong with the water supply? What is going on with the rash of nut cases in our county lately?

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 1:39 pm
    • My thoughts exactly!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 2:53 pm
    • yup,its called meth.it is ruining this county and i am MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 4:22 pm
  • Druggie needing a fix is my guess!

Tuesday, 28 February 2017, 1:17 pm