BREAKING: Shooting Leaves One Dead in Spring Hill

SPRING HILL – One person is confirmed dead after a shooting occurred at a residence on Villa Road.

The investigation is just getting underway, but according to sources, an argument between neighbors led to one person suffering a fatal gunshot wound to the head in front of 12211 Villa Road.

The shooter remained at the scene and is detained at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Seems like a lot of people have so much to say but most of you weren’t even there so you don’t even know the whole story.Im sorry but I wouldn’t be walking up on someone’s property and looking inside their window you never know what they have inside their house or how they will react.Yes shooting in the head was wrong there could have been other ways about it but all of you people who want to bad mouth them really need to shut up they are going through enough as it is the last thing they need is assholes like you talking all this shit get your facts straight before you start calling someone a killer.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 10:54 pm
    • You need to get your facts they are racist murders of my brother who was only looking for someone to help him

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 12:42 am
  • Everyone has a comment to post, but do you imagine how our family feels? My brother was the sweetest, nicest guy ever. He wouldn’t hurt a fly. You’re passing judgment on social media for all of us to read. I lost my little brother and will never get him back. I don’t know how things go in Florida but in Indiana you call the police if someone is on your lawn without permission. You do not shoot him. No, we all don’t know the details because none of us were there, but I can tell you that my brother had no weapons. He wasn’t a threat to anyone!! He was a loving man that we will never see again. How would you feel if that was your son or brother??? Seeing this on the news and it being your family is the worst pain possible. Then reading some of the comments just gabs the wound even more. Have respect.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 6:09 pm
    • Hugs dear lady. Please know kind people do not pass judgement. Prayers for you and your family.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 7:55 pm
  • I used to bowl with these two nothing but trouble they were kicked out of spring Hill lanes for fighting and arguments every week these two are a disaster waiting to happen

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 4:29 pm
    • They got kicked out of Pasco Hernando Youth football league too for arguing and had to take their son to Lakeland to play football as a child. It took longer than I thought for Joe to blow like he did. I agree, they are nothing but trouble.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 6:24 pm
  • Details surrounding the shooting and the moments leading up to the shooting have not been officially released, so some of the comments I have read are totally inappropriate.Once the investigation is complete we will have the facts and you can form your own opinion as to the shooting being justified or not. In any event the loss of life is tragic and also tragic is the impact on of taking another person’s life will have on the shooter. I am 100% supporter of our 2nd amendment rights and the rights of law abiding citizens have to protect themselves and their families. In this case I believe when the facts are established some of the opinions expressed here may change. My understanding is that the victim had been hallucinating and was beating on the doors and windows of shooters home may have been trying to gain entry. This would certainly changed circumstances. The victim’s mother said in an interview with ABC Action News that her son had been acting strangely and had been hallucinating as a result of recent seizures. I’m sure the Sheriff Department and State Attorney General will make the right decision with respect to the shooting. We should avoid jumping to any conclusions before the facts are known. One final point it was not a dispute with a neighbor the victim was not known to the shooter.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 10:55 am
    • you talk about law abiding citizens and Joseph is a well know felon and my brother was unarmed

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 12:47 am
  • I am a retired Law Enforcement with the State of Florida. I live next to the family who shot the person. I feel bad for them and wish them the best. I also would have done the same.. It is time for law bidding people to. stan there ground.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 9:15 am
    • Joe is very well known in the community as being an ass hat, an alcoholic and a coke head. He is a very violent person who both he and his wife have been charged with grand theft before. They are far from law abiding. If he was in such fear why the hell did he not call the police? Joe Correa is a murderer whose wife will lie through her teeth to stick up for him. Those handcuffs look good on him. I have no sympathy for Joe or Karen. Joe has always had little man syndrome.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 11:11 am
      • You are 100% correct. Joe has always been a nasty, violent piece of shit. We bowled with him, his wife and his son for years. Cant count the times he exploded in the alley.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 1:09 pm
    • Bull. You don’t live next door to him. A couple of houses down maybe but you do not live next to this murderer. Easily verified through the property records. Quit with the lies pal. The person who does live next door to him has publically come forward and given an interview to the news stations.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 12:51 pm
    • Rex I hope your reports were written better than your comment. The people who live a few houses down from you aren’t law abiding and I’m very glad you retired. You don’t know the laws and would be in prison where Joe belongs. Maybe then you can actually be neighbors. smh

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 6:30 pm
    • so you tell me if it was a white man or woman knocking on your door unarmed asking for help you would have shot them in cold blood without even a warning shot as a law enforcement officer should do

Thursday, 7 December 2017, 12:50 am
  • Tom, any updates?

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:24 am
  • Neighborly love???? It’s not just spring hill believe me. I’m in b’ville with neighbors who go out of their way to try and start trash. I do have a gun and will use it if they enter my house for sure. If on my property with intent to do me harm, yes I will use it. I’m NOT A DRUNK OR DOPER, NOR AM I BOTHERING THEM AND I WON’T GO TO THEIR PLACE TO START TRASH .IF THEY BRING IT TO ME- DIFFERENT STORY. A PERSON ONLY TAKES SO MUCH, YOU KNOW, BEFORE OVERLOAD

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:15 am
    • Ru, Why are you making this story about you?

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:32 am
      • I was thinking the same thing🙄

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 11:39 am
  • I haven’t read were anyones casted judgement on any person. Does it matter? Theres been another shooting in springhill and no matter the circumstances its rediculas. This city at one time was the place to live.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 7:50 am
  • Spring Hill has gotten worse one of my best decision ever was to leave there and that was recent and I’ve been in that area for well over 20yrs. Don’t get mad over someone else’s opinion it’s a free country and part of our right. I am sorry for their loss may they find peace

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 7:44 am
  • At this point only bare facts have been released. Sadly there HAVE been more shootings than normal in Spring Hill but that happens to be the case everywhere. We need tougher gun laws but we also need to wait for the whole story before jumping to conclusions. The fact thst someone is dead is sad but it may have been justafiable.
    Violent crime is a sign of the times, unfortunately. People are scared, stressed and often desperate. During the holiday season those feelings are always heightened and this year will probably be no different. Rather than being quick to judge perhaps we should all be a little more aware of our friends and neighbors and not stand silent.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 5:17 am
    • Tougher gun laws will do no good. The bad guys will always have guns. The good guys need guns to protect themselves from the bad guys. We need more people to carry guns to defend themselves against the crooks. An armed society is a safe society. This is why so many law enforcement officers want people to carry guns. I do and I always will. I cherish our second amendment.

Some of us know the shooter and some of us know that he has been a hot headed POS for years. His neighbors even call him the mean old man. People who know Joe know he is violent with a very bad temper.

If Joe would have stayed in his home and not said anything to the young man who was loading a moving van, maybe that young mans children would have a father to celebrate the holidays with.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:35 am
      • Oh just great, we the tax payers will be paying for these kids.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 5:35 pm
        • Keep your funky ass tax money.. unfortunately Brad didn’t live long enough to find the love of his life to have kids..so I’m stuck probably paying or yours.

Thursday, 23 November 2017, 3:07 am
    • Victoria, please expound on your statement about needing tougher gun laws. Let’s be intellectual about it, not emotional and have a serious discussion.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 9:24 am
  • Feels like it’s becoming Hudson/PR. Time to move. Seems like the taxes we pay do not go back into the community.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 12:46 am
  • If you weren’t there how dare you cast judgement. Im sure the details will come out. I bet the person who did the shooting had a damn good reason to pull the trigger. Oh I don’t know, maybe to protect thier life or family’s lives. Just wait and see. I for one believe in the second amendment and have no problem with people carrying guns, or even using them when the situation goes sidewards and you must take a life. My thoughts and prayers are with all involved.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 12:20 am
    • Both Karen and Joe are known liars. One will lie and the other will swear to it. Knowing them both, this is their MO. Watch and see.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 8:01 am
      • Do we know who got the business end of the gun yet? And do Karen and Joe have last names that you can devluge? Thanks

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 10:10 am
        • Yes we do. The sheriffs office released a statement and RNRF ran an article on it. If you are in fear, you don’t go out and confront a person. You call the police. Joe Correa needs to be arrested for murder.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 11:14 am
  • Maybe you should find out the circumstances behind the shooting before making negative comments. We don’t know what led up to this. Not everyone with a gun is trash.

Monday, 20 November 2017, 11:37 pm
  • A bunch of keyboard cowards casting judgement without even the slightest knowledge of the event…..but who am I kidding, this is the new normal

Monday, 20 November 2017, 11:00 pm
    • You’re unfortunately right Sad Day. The new norm is GUILTY TILL PROVEN OTHERWISE.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 10:12 am
  • Prayers for all Involved

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:43 pm
  • Can’t we all just get along?

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:33 pm
  • This is so sad.

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:18 pm
  • A head shot. Let’s see if this shooter goes to jail or if stand your ground will be the defense/excuse used.

Spring Hill has become an armpit.

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:18 pm
  • Anyone know where exact

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:03 pm
    • Sad this town has become on the dangerous side the amount of trash that is moved into it has ruined it just like it did down in Pasco County

Monday, 20 November 2017, 11:09 pm
    • 12211 Villa Road….If you’re heading North on Mariner, make a Right on Villa (two blocks before St. Francis Cabrini Church), go East on Villa, Cross over Landover and go about two blocks and the house is there. I live right up the block from there right off Villa.

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 12:18 am
  • Get ya guns and your bibles

Monday, 20 November 2017, 10:02 pm
    • As opposed to getting ya suicide vests and your korans? Don’t ASS U ME!

Tuesday, 21 November 2017, 12:21 am
  • Neighbors killing neighbors. ….scary, crazy world we live in. So sorry for the families involved.

Monday, 20 November 2017, 9:38 pm
  • spring hill sure seems to be having alot of shootings lately

Monday, 20 November 2017, 9:32 pm