BREAKING: Teenage Girl Airlifted to Trauma Center After Being Shot, Search for Gunman Underway

SPRING HILL – Sheriff’s Deputies are searching the person responsible for shooting a teenage girl inside Spring Haven Apartments just minutes ago.

Information is still developing but according to sources, an 18-year-old girl was shot in the face by a black male, who witnesses say is wearing black shorts and carrying a small shoulder bag. The suspect is allegedly an 17-year-old juvenile who is believed to have an outstanding warrant.

The victim was conscious and breathing before being transported from the scene.

Spring Haven Apartments is located on Mariner Blvd just north of County Line Road.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • It is funny how if you don’t flow with the liberal left you are a racist. Lol. My sister turned down the advances of a black man at the mall and he told her she had to be a racist.lmao. Whites have the highest number percapita to have inter racial relationships and are the smallest race world wide , but we are all racist. The funniest of all is, you liberal lefts are so brain washed you hate yourself for being white. White pride is racist, but no other racial pride is.
    And anyone who is so fast to blurt out of their incompetent mouths that someone is a racist all the time is really the true racist.You people (lol) turned an article about some young girl getting shot in the face into a race baiting argument, I lmao, you my friends, are the true racist and are the true problem in this world,no matter your color. And I write this as my room mate and best friend is a black Muslim from New Orleans. All of you are stupid.

Wednesday, 13 December 2017, 11:06 pm
  • What happened to the 10/20/life law ????

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 10:05 pm
  • The NRA should donate large sums of profits to build jails for all these creeps. No second chances and just lock them up for life. How senseless this is in this day and time. We are too easy on criminals. We spend all the money in the court systems and appeals systems and we should just lock them up.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 2:03 pm
    • Wtf does this have to do with the NRA. Where are the parents at???

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 7:34 am
  • Teenagers should be inside the house, doing homework at night, not hanging out on the curb. 16 years old? When do we talk about what the parents were doing? Why was their little girl was outside around these d-bags? A 17 year old with outstanding warrants, running around with a loaded gun? Where are his parents? These are children, take some responsibility!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 1:33 pm
    • The girl is 18 not 16 thats why

Friday, 6 October 2017, 2:18 pm
      • It originally said 16, and regardless, the suspect is 17. Both are still children.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 5:32 pm
        • These are not children. He is 201u carrying a gun. She is 18 with a child. They do adult things, they need to be treated like adults. These people are the result of bad parents. Stop letting your kids grow up. You need to raise them!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:12 pm
  • The shooter was evidently known by the girl or her brother, otherwise they wouldn’t have had a name so soon. No doubt the gun was stolen from a car or a home burglary and quickly went from being a legal fire arm to a weapon used by a street thug.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 1:09 pm
  • Any updates

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:49 am
  • Yes arm now and be sure to get your bumpstocks while you can

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:22 am
  • Your low income housing…and sadly the trash moves in. Maybe a small percentage, but 10% can make a place a hell-hole. Drive thru the parking lot with windows down at 9pm and all you smell is marijuana smoke.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:07 am
  • It’s sad that people are making this about race put it this way a piece of shit shot a poor young girl plan and simple god bless her

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:39 am
    • Come on poor young girl? I’m sure she had involvement. I’m site she is nor a perfect angel.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 5:59 pm
      • Really even if she wasn’t a angel she still don’t deserve to get shot in the face what if that was your daughter or someone you know

Friday, 6 October 2017, 8:02 pm
        • Tabby, she chose a life style that finally caught up to her. Did she deserve it? Probably not. Did she put herself at a higher risk of bad things happening, yes. Funny how out of all the post ive read no one started their post off with, “i work with” either one of them. I willing to guess we, the working class, are paying for both of these people to run around and do stupid stuff.

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 6:57 am
      • Because being shot by an ex lover is your fault? No that’s victim shaming. Nothing you do can justify being shot. Your comment is beyond dissgustong. There’s a family grieving and praying that their daughter lives through this. Keep your damn comments to yourself.

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 2:12 pm
        • T, like you, I too have an opinion. Based on a number of comments “poor young girl” is not an accurate term to describe her. She put herself in a position that would allow this to happen. Since this is not a random act of violence, as reported very clearly, this woman and the people she is around influenced this event.

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 4:46 pm
          • You sound dumb why would she want to put herself in a position to allow this to happen . So your saying she wanted to get shot ? And why would ANYONE INFLUNCE THIS EVENT ?

Saturday, 7 October 2017, 11:27 pm
            • Nonofyourbusiness, to answer your question, no she probably didn’t want to get shot. Her life style knowing came with risks. The risk of being hurt was one of them. This act was not random and as a result means she influenced the situation. The decision she made, while not the ones I would make, all influence what happened to her. This was a tough lesson but maybe just maybe she will learn from it and change her life.

Sunday, 8 October 2017, 5:27 am
  • It’s so wonderful that guns are so easy to get. I’m so happy that if I want to sell my guns, I can just do it. I’m so glad I hate America so much that I don’t support common sense!!! We don’t want to be like Australia with little Gun Violence!! Or any of our other Allies!!

Guns shouldn’t be regulated like cars, chemicals, etc – I want to play cowboy!! And I don’t give a F about your right for peace, I don’t care about science either!!!

Whaaaa!!!!! Stop bringing up facts and making me read stuff, it’s haaaard!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:31 am
    • That a boy Bill blame the gun.Spoken like a true communist. The left hates the 2nd amendment because it’s designed to protect real Americans from them.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 1:11 pm
  • That’s pillhill, they just playin.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:02 am
  • Realy? That is just cold hearted! That could be your sister, daughter, niece…etc. SMH

Friday, 6 October 2017, 8:39 am
  • So the author really left meme’s comment up?

Friday, 6 October 2017, 8:11 am
    • Of course he did. Fanning the flames. I’m more than disappointed as this is about a girl that has experienced trauma. We should try to focus on what is going to get solved here overall.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 12:52 pm
  • WTF is going on in this county??? I’ve been here since 1980. We left ALL doors UNlocked-car AND HOUSE! Nothing ever happened. Shoplifting, possession of marijuana and occasional Domestic Violence calls were it. Hernando County is going to hell in a hand basket!!! Jesus. I hope this young girl pulls through. And with minimal scarring. It takes and says a lot to shoot someone in the face. He needs to get life. Juvenile or not.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:51 am
    • The population of this county in 1980 was 30% of what it is today.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:50 am
    • IT’S NOT JUST THIS COUNTY. WATCH THE NEWS. GET OUT MORE. GO TO ANOTHER STATE AND SEE WHAT GOES ON THERE, THEN MAKE A JUDGEMENT.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 11:13 am
    • I agree. This is not the Hernando County that I moved to. The people of this county need to stand up and demand accountability from our county commissioners.

I remember when those apartments were proposed. They were not wanted by the community but so many assurances were being made. Now something that COULD have been lovely has turned sour.

I really hope that young lady lives and that the catch this kid because he needs to know what it’s like in prison in reality.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 12:58 pm
    • It happened once you guys act like someone gets shot in the face every day. I haven’t been around since 1980 but I’m sure that the crime isn’t as bad as other counties or states in the country. happens get over it you won’t be alive to see the future you make anyways.

Sunday, 8 October 2017, 1:48 am
  • The girl is a friend of mine’s daughter and I pray that she will be okay and recover from this horrific tragedy….

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:47 am
    • What’s her name?

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:43 am
  • A year ago I was interested in moving into this development and did some research and the comments were horrible. Gangs of teens hanging out all hours of the day and night, fights, drugs and the Police were always there. That made me change my mind….I certainly don’t want to live in a place that has such bad reviews.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:40 am
  • were they dating? I read about a lot of white girls getting f–ked up or killed by their black boyfriends. just saying you reap what you sow.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 6:19 am
    • She was not dating him.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:31 am
    • You’re sounding very ignorant. Shut up

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:45 am
      • meme is right thats how it goes

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:50 am
        • Hey MIke take your Rebel flag down and shut up.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:36 am
          • I’ll fly my rebel flag anytime and anywhere I want, by the way I am in no way racist, some of my best friends are black and/or Hispanic. Freedom of expression!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 4:53 pm
          • In addition, I will always stand with my hand over my heart and my hat off when the national anthem is played , that’s what Americans do

Friday, 6 October 2017, 6:13 pm
    • Really, this comment shows your ignorance. Prayers for the victim.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 8:02 am
    • You are IGNORANT to say something that racist!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:36 am
    • And so do ignorant people such as yourself!!!! I am a white female whom I have been married to for 10+ years and he owns his own Restaurant, never been arrested and is 110% drug free!!! So please just because there are a few bad apples out there dont apply the ignorance to all,just like All white people such as yourself are child molesters,women beaters,crack/method smokers…See I’m sure you dont like being stereotyped now do you!!! Grow up already and be part Solution not the Problem…And please have a Holy and Blessed day and may God bless you with relief from your closed mindedness

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:48 am
    • How could you say something like that…color has nothing to do with it…it’s bc of people like you that this world is going to shit.. but don’t worry karma will get you for your racism and your comment.. don’t you have any compassion

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:52 am
    • That racist statement makes no sense!!!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:58 am
    • You are a F**KING. You need to think before commenting or speaking–oh! that’s right one needs a brain to think.
      I have known this girl and her mom for a long time and I pray she is ok.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:33 am
    • Just cause you read something doesnt mean it’s true. READ THIS (YOU ARE WHATS WRONG WITH THIS COUNTRY) did you read that. So know that you seen that let it sink in and change your ways.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:35 am
    • You will reap what you sow as well MEME, you are a racist idiot!! Pray the young girl will recover completely. What a bunch of racists fools on here, May GOD have mercy on your rotten souls. .

Friday, 6 October 2017, 11:04 am
    • Like they say,”burn the coal,pay the toll”.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 12:52 pm
    • And here we go folks …… ignorance has reared its evil head!

Friday, 6 October 2017, 12:59 pm
  • Suspect initials : CF

Friday, 6 October 2017, 12:16 am
  • Tom, did they get him yet???

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:51 pm
  • Prayers for the girl and family.

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:38 pm
  • If. The suspect is still at large.the description fits that of. Male juvenile walking up near stk n shake commercial way approx.11:00p.m. cont. In the southwest direction (lake in the woods) way.dark shirt and shorts with gym bag. Afro style hair.this kid had me watching cuz he was very sketchy how he walked past my car.just sayin.PRAYERS FOR THIS PRINCESS.I sure hope the motive was worth doing this hateful act.

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:35 pm
    • so a black dude can’t “walk by your car” without you eyeing him? that’s a pretty telling statesmen.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 4:33 am
      • it is what it is

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:55 am
        • Nope d bags like you Mike are what it is.

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:41 am
      • If someone acts sketchy while walking past you, you don’t take notice?

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:55 am
    • DID YOU CALL POLICE?????

Friday, 6 October 2017, 11:18 am
  • Prayers for the young girl and her family i hope they catch that mfer!

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:13 pm
  • Sending Prayers for this young lady.

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:07 pm
  • WTF is happening in this county?!?

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 10:30 pm
    • County?I think u dropped the R between. t&y.I caught it for u tho.Its shameless.this sort of behavior shouldnt be coming from our young and innocent.just sadness

Thursday, 5 October 2017, 11:38 pm
      • No, it’s spelled County Line Rd

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:00 am
        • That was a dumb come back and would only have been funny if county line road was infested with crimes and such as it is not. “Sadness” had their comment right. You had to come in and ruin it huh 😂👋🏼

Friday, 6 October 2017, 9:47 am
        • Sadness is saying What is becoming of our COUNTRY…. Prayers for this girl and our Country…

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:11 am
    • a different culture is taking over, that is whats happening we must arm ourselves now

Friday, 6 October 2017, 7:54 am
      • So what just happened in vegas what culture was that

Friday, 6 October 2017, 10:23 am
      • You sound like a true rebel flag flying old d bag. Can you please tell your grand kids to disconnect your phone, Wi-Fi or computer. I mean that’s a start to for change. Just shut the hell up Mike….

Friday, 6 October 2017, 11:01 am