BREAKING: Woman Injured in Attempted Rape, Home Invasion – Search for Suspect Underway

SPRING HILL – Sheriff’s Deputies are searching for a suspect who allegedly broke into residence on Gillian Drive and attempted to rape a woman at knifepoint.

Numerous Deputies responded to the 100 block of Gillian Drive around 11:00 a.m., where a woman claims a man broke into the rear of the residence battered her and then fled on foot.

The victim was transported to a local hospital with a possible head injury.

Sources say the suspect is described as a heavy set white male, 6’, wearing all black, and a mask over his face. There are unconfined reports that the suspect may have green eyes.

At this time the suspect has not been located.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • SOMEONE WAS GOING DOOR TO DOOR AT DUSK TRYING TO SELL OR FIX BROKEN WINDSHEILDS ..NOCKING ON DOORS.. NOT COOL

Wednesday, 18 July 2018, 7:24 am
  • no offense Tom, but a lot times we get first account but hardly any updates. Is there way we can some sort update on these news stories even if it is small. thank you

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 3:23 pm
      • on crimes like that I understand being retired LEO from up north, I know info is sensitive in an ongoing investigation, but general news ( ie: accident and general news ) there should be some sort of update keeps your viewers coming back. just thoughts

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 6:56 pm
  • If he’s wearing a mask how do you know his eye color????

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 7:58 pm
    • OMG, did you really just post that? Ever see a ski mask, or any mask that didn’t have holes for the eyes,? How else would they see.?? Someone should put a paper bag over your head, with no eye holes cut out, then when you walk into walls, might knock some sense into you. Wow

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 7:32 am
  • no updates yet. guess he’s still on the loose. what a relaxing thought.

Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 1:25 pm
  • I was believing this until I read dressed in all black and a mask. Sounds like something you see on tv. Not believing this at all!

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:03 pm
  • I would check out, ” catch him, shoot him out…

Monday, 11 June 2018, 6:30 pm
    • @Penny, well don’t know how u came up with that, idk actually, but if they want to check out an elderly female, who by the way, has had some experience with rape victims, go for it Glad you obviously aren’t a detective, as you would be running around in circles. Wow, For been there myself, you are right, rapists or attempting to rape doesn’t make them feel like a man. POWER, for these perverts, that’s what it is about. Good catch on that sentence.

Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 8:11 am
  • with my past experience as LEO, 11AM in the morning in that neighborhood, something dosen’t add up. Something is missing, I maybe wrong but I investigated numerous cases like this and there is more to the story. just my 5 cents

Monday, 11 June 2018, 4:11 pm
    • Pete.. your five cents will go along way. You nailed this. This neighborhood has been dealing with this problem child for many years.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 5:33 pm
    • @Pete, my experience tells me the same thing. If this incident occurred, the victim and suspect have a history. Just my two cents.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:49 pm
      • We were sick of all you ‘southern transplants’ too when you all bombarded the north groveling for jobs at GM. What goes around comes around.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 9:40 pm
  • I am her dad and this info is wrong she has never once made claim about this to police and did not leave anywhere for 6 months. She has had her child so please do not comment untrue things about this sensitive situation .

Monday, 11 June 2018, 3:49 pm
    • Sorry Grandpa but I think you are in denial.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 6:44 pm
    • If that is the case, grandpa, my heart and prayers truly go out to your daughter and the entire family.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:00 pm
    • ppl think they know everything. Until they walk in her shoes they don’t know anything! God bless your family

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:57 pm
    • Horrible ppl on this site also EVIL they are keyboard cowboys without a soul. Take care of your family and remember the truth will come out.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 12:20 am
  • My heart goes out to the victim, I will be praying for her, I’m sure this will leave her traumatized, nobody should ever have to go through that. Let’s hope they catch this scumbag so he can’t do that to anyone else.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 2:59 pm
  • Any update?

Monday, 11 June 2018, 2:51 pm
  • Crimes don’t discriminate! Nice neighbourhoods or run down Springhill is becoming the highest crime rate around!,prayers for the victim

Monday, 11 June 2018, 2:37 pm
  • I am pretty sure that this will come out as a Bullsh*t Call! as this young (problem Child) Lady that has a History of this crap & just returned home after a 6 mo Hiatus to another state for some guy & Dumping her 2 year old on Grandma & pop pop! Just watch Mug Shot.com in the coming days

Monday, 11 June 2018, 2:18 pm
    • Any updates or proof of these allegations, Rebel Pride? It does bring up questions about he lack of intensity in this search. If it was a fake call, I certainly hope the consequences will fit the crime. Too many resources (officers) are being wasted on BS calls now. Let’s save our LEOs’ time for the real crimes!

Monday, 11 June 2018, 3:21 pm
      • You cant rape the willing!!!

Monday, 11 June 2018, 6:57 pm
    • Hmmm sounds like you know alot of details like you said, it was a young problem child lady when it wasn’t mentioned other than it was a woman and you seem to know the exact address of the residents in that house that you say the crime occured…could it be possible you know something about the crime yourself and we will see you on Mugshot.com…..lol

Monday, 11 June 2018, 3:23 pm
    • Seems interesting that no names were given in this article. No description of the victim or address for that matter, yet you seem to have someone very specific in mind here. Perhaps the police should pay you a visit next?

Monday, 11 June 2018, 4:37 pm
    • Rebel Pride probably lives in the area, since this neighborhood has dealt with this problem child and her silliness for sometime now. Now she has cost Leo’s time, money and resources. This is a perfect example of crying wolf.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 5:52 pm
    • Well as someone who knows the victim I would have to say that one the child is 3 so right there shows your facts are off two the problem child has caused no problems in the area since I live in the area and she has done nothing but help people that live here in many ways. Also she has never been able to leave her child for even one week let alone 6 months I’d happen to know since i tend to babysit for her and am the only one who does!! So thank you for showing your true colors and helping us find out the truth behind this because it seems to be someone personal who did this ! Maybe you know something??

Monday, 11 June 2018, 6:47 pm
      • Well than apparently you haven’t lived in the area long enough to know the history here.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 8:44 pm
        • 23 yrs exactly. who has she caused issues to?? im pretty sure everyone around was extremely concerned because there hasnt ever been issues .seems odd to me mika that you came on here to just comment some crazy nonsense like you are. just out of curiosity who are you because you seem to be saying some nasty things on here and saying you cant rape the willing? shows exactly maybe you are involved. it would be nice if you could please stop the nonsense because you are looking alittle bit suspicious.

Tuesday, 12 June 2018, 11:03 am
    • Where did she go exactly ? Thats news to me i was with her and our daughter quite often over the last 6 months, right here in florida.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 10:22 pm
  • Funny how they had the copters out for a pizza thief but for this nahhh

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:43 pm
    • the copters were out.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 4:25 pm
    • I saw the chopper out. go back to sniffing glue

Monday, 11 June 2018, 6:06 pm
  • Any update yet?

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:30 pm
  • It doesn’t mean it isn’t one of the nicest areas it’s the scumbags who go around and it happens every where

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:15 pm
  • It is a nice area, still to this day. Some creep roaming around can be anywhere! Don’t be fooled just because it’s a nice neighborhood. Anything can happen anywhere!

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:11 pm
  • I can’t get a comment on here 4 2 days now, and not breaking rules, paid my durs. Andwers??

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:09 pm
  • That dirty dog

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:05 pm
  • One time I disagree with Bethy, I hope he flinches when caught and they blow his brains out right then and there. Why aren’t the k-9,s out?? Where is the dang swat team, take him out!! I really hope the poor woman is ok. Not about sex, he wants the power, makes him feel like a man. I hate rapists! After you shoot him, drag his a $$ thru the streets to show what happens to these kinds of perverts. For all you who will bash me, well walk in her shoes for a little while, might change your minds.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:03 pm
    • You are so right about POWER trip in a rape, Catch him, Shoot him right then. Thank you for understanding that aspect. It’s the only way they can feel they’re a man(?).

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:30 pm
    • If you are going to spout this Anarchy please be aware that it is disgusting and I don’t appreciate your blatant disregard for the law and our LEO’S. due process exists to save lives and show that we are not savages. You are obviously not an American. Regardless of the crime all are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. That is our law. If you disagree with the Constitution then you also have no say and your opinion is of no consequence

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 1:31 pm
  • Wow,that used to be one of the nicer areas in Spring Hill just a few years back.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 12:53 pm
    • are there any left?

Monday, 11 June 2018, 4:37 pm
  • When he gets caught and he will, castration prior to hanging than shootem. Case closed, no more problems,

Monday, 11 June 2018, 12:11 pm
    • Totally agree

Monday, 11 June 2018, 1:16 pm
    • castrate him and tie him to a tree in the swamps let nature take over 🙂

Monday, 11 June 2018, 3:16 pm
    • Thanks for liking my castration idea, Bethy.

Monday, 11 June 2018, 7:33 pm
  • Why no k9..cant they pick up his scent.. Follow it

Monday, 11 June 2018, 12:08 pm
    • Yes they can but if got in a vehicle somewhere they lost for now they will get him…..

Monday, 11 June 2018, 12:54 pm