Brooksville Man Says “I Hate Muslims” A Sign of Growing Religious Tension

HERNANDO – Webster defines Sharia Law as the code of law derived from the Koran and from the teachings and example of Mohammed; “sharia is only applicable to Muslims”; “under Islamic law there is no separation of church and state,” but what does it mean to a kafir (non-Muslim), specifically those who live and work among Muslims in Hernando County?

Sharia Law is not recognized in the United States as part of our justice system but most Muslims do follow rules pertaining to public and private behavior, particularly women.

I’ve had several opportunities to interview Muslims and non-Muslims, especially those who have an incorrigible disdain for the controversial religion.

On the 13th anniversary or September 11th 2001, the provocative Pastor Terry Jones held a Quran burning in Brooksville that attracted media attention and a heavy presence of law enforcement. During a speech, Jones said “Saudi Arabia is the home… the blood of Islam.” Mocking Islam by calling it “…the religion of Peace.” He says “I’m amazed that there are not more women standing up… Where in the hell are the women who need to stand up and say something.” Sharia Law is the law of the land in Saudi Arabia, among other Islamic nations. In many cases women cannot drive a car, cannot speak to men, other than their husband, and can be executed for committing adultery.

Last summer we met with a lone protester “Sean” who stood outside the Islamic Center on Barclay Ave holding a sign that said “I’m sick of Islam.” During an interview, Sean explained that he was “Sick of people not taking a stand against Islamic terrorism.” Sean’s protest was in response to the 2015 Tennessee shootings that left four U.S. Marines and one Sailor dead, at the hands of Mohammad Youssuf Abdulazeez.

While working on an unrelated story at the Starbucks on Cortez Blvd, I noticed a man wearing a t-shirt that said “I Hate Muslims.” I asked if he would explain the inflammatory display and he agreed. Turns out, the man was Jim Murphy; the same man who facilitated the 2014 Quran burning on his Brooksville property.

Murphy, a former New York Police Officer who helped pull victims from the rubble after the attack of 9/11 explained, he doesn’t hate all Muslims but he believes the religion is inherently dangerous to modern society. Murphy says “I’m sick of the media and our President not acknowledging the term Islamic Terrorism.” When asked what he thought of the growing Muslim population in Hernando County, Murphy said “I believe Muslims moved to Hernando County because they couldn’t achieve the same success in their native country.”

In recent months I’ve had an opportunity to meet with local Muslims to learn more about their religion and how Islamic Terrorism has affected their lives. Angela Riani, a devout Muslim says, “Muslims denounce this kind of terrorism, especially in America.” I asked what she thought of ISIS and their Islamic beliefs; she said “I do not think ISIS is representative of Islam in any way shape or form. They are an extremist organization – terrorist group and should be treated as such and Muslims should not be targeted as a result of their actions.” I asked Riani if she believed the local Muslim community should be more outspoken in denouncing terrorism, “Absolutely, anytime a Muslim leader has an opportunity to speak out, they should.”

Earlier this year we attempted to speak with leaders of the Islamic Center on Barclay Ave but they declined to comment. They did; however, extend an invitation to tour the facility and listen to presentation intended for women in the community.

The event moderator, Rydanah Atfeh, provided insight into facts and myths behind the religion and answered questions from the audience. The one obvious question on everyone’s mind was why do women wear the Hijab. Most non-Muslims believe it is degrading for a woman to be forced to cover their hair and or face. Afteh explained that although it is required, it is something they enjoy and that it’s no different than some Christians who believe women should have long hair and wear dresses. She also reminded attendees that the covering of women’s hair and face actually started with Christians.

Recently, we spoke with Mayssan Shuayb who said she loves wearing the Hijab and she even enjoys creating her own.

During an interview, I asked Shuayb how the community has treated her in public. Shuayb says she often cries because of the “under the breath comments” made by some people about the way she dresses. Shuayb says it’s become so bad that often times she’ll hide her Hijab with a wig or hat, as she did during a parade in Brooksville last year.

With the proliferation of ISIS across Europe and the controversial plight of Syrians refugees coming to America, relations between Muslims and non-Muslims is sure to deteriorate. So, the question is what can be done to improve those relations in communities across America?

Angela1 burn 1 burn 2 Is-4 Is-31 I hate muslims

mus1 mus2 mus3 mus4 mus5 mus6

Comments
  • Allahu Akbar!

Monday, 9 January 2017, 12:33 pm
  • Muslim refugees do not belong in America. Being politically correct will be the death of America and our way of life.

Monday, 5 September 2016, 1:10 pm
  • Some guy says…. Wake up! Trump is a politician saying all the B.S you want to hear…. The guy is a idiot and should not to be running our country. Basically we are screwed! God Help Us All!!

Thursday, 12 May 2016, 12:04 am
  • Pround Vet lost me at Trump. Excellent point Justin Case!! And nice try, Tom, for trying to show that all Muslims are not the enemy. Sadly, ignorance abounds in American, and, apparently, judging by comments, especially, in Hernando County.

Tuesday, 10 May 2016, 7:54 am
  • Some guy== agree ! Also I LOVE BACON TOO.

Monday, 9 May 2016, 12:30 pm
  • Why should anyone abandon their culture when they come here? Germans,Italians,the Polish and the Irish didn’t. Jews and Christians didn’t. People from around the world are proud of their heritage just like we are.Think of that next time you order Chinese food.

Monday, 9 May 2016, 12:30 pm
  • Pork

Monday, 9 May 2016, 10:11 am
  • Many here have opinions. I believe the Koran requires Muslims to kill the Infidel. If this true why don’t all Muslims commit to the Koran’s teachings? I don’t have an answer, do any of you??? I do see all the mass killings, I’m sure most of you have seen the list of Muslim attacks. Do you know the Barbary Pirates were Muslims? The Barbary Coast referred to in history is where many of the pirates lived. We (the World) have been at war with Muslims for centuries.

Monday, 9 May 2016, 9:54 am
  • @ punisher right on my friend. I hate going to the store, especially Target. And seeing walking eyeballs. You say to yourself, man, women? Bomb underneath that costume. This is AMERICA FOR CHRISTMAS SAKE. come here obey and adopt our culture.

ALL I can say is

TRUMP 2016
    BUILD THE WALL
    SEND THEM ALL BACK

MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Monday, 9 May 2016, 6:45 am
  • Sillie Willie loved your last statement couldn’t disagree with the last statement you made anymore if I tried.
    Obama didn’t ruin the country, he walked into a nightmare and sorry Trump is airrogant idiot and is going to get us blown up to smithereens!
    God Help Us ALL if that jerk wins this election??????

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 10:48 pm
  • Well said FoodforThought.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 10:18 pm
  • I have a solution for all of this for every one. Stop letting fairy tales and magic run your lives. The extremists are brainwashed and it shows. It is sad in 2016 that ignorance, incompetence, greed, and corruption continue to be such an issue. The wonderful my invisible super power magical entity is better than yours nonsense. Lets continue to keep the population dumb enough to ignore backdoor deals but smart enough to push through life as a happy well trained bigot consumer. Keeps the modern economy going.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 7:17 pm
  • I will never forget all those nice muslims, women and children, dancing in the street in Palistine when the towers were hit.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 5:32 pm
  • Trump has good ideas? Obama ruined the country? Boy, the stupid is strong here.And if you believe street vendors in NYC knew of 9-11 ahead of time,there is a bridge there I can sell you. Stop listening to talk radio and grow a brain.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 1:33 pm
  • FYI, My life has been save 3 times by various Muslim Doctors. They treated me no different than they would a Muslim patient, so why are we condemning them? They are not our danger or our threat, and they certainly are not our terrorists.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 12:44 pm
  • Justin , thank you for your service my friend, your comment was very interesting. It is interesting to know that many people do not seem to understand that it is not the Muslims we should hate but the ISLAMIC TERRORISTS. They are not Muslims, they are Islam. Somehow I believe there is a difference. Many Muslims have been killed by ISIS. ISIS members are not Muslims. If I am wrong, someone clarify my comment but don’t mock, criticize, defame, any of us for voicing our opinions as this is what living in a free country allows us. Please just voice your opinions. We are all adults here and we all have different opinions, so let’s just be thankful we have that privilege.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 12:38 pm
    • ISIS is a greater threat to Muslims than to any other group, they kills innocent Muslim men, women and children on a daily basis and hide behind Islam to do so. I don’t believe these people are Muslim or even know about Islam, most of the time they are foot soldiers with no education, have never picked up a Quran, and are simply blinding following orders. If you look into Islam there are guidelines for everything even hygiene. Islamically, even during time of war you can never harm women or children. Soliders cannot killing a solider from the other side when he is wounded and cannot defend himself, you cannot kill the solider if their back is turned to you, you cannot kill someone while they are praying, or eating. If they ask you for water due to thirst, its your duty to give them water first before you take a drink. If you actually read and learn about Islam you see that every rule has a meaning behind it. I wear a head scraf everyday, my husband is a white Muslim convert, and I don’t think he’d care one way or the other, or for that matter my dad or brothers, if I took my scarf off; in fact, my sister does not cover. It is required you cover but like everything it’s your choice no one can force you. It is against all major religions to commit adultery, lie or steal, but are we calling the ones who follow these rules oppressed? Islam was the first religion/society to allow women to hold power in government, own business and claim inheritance. Women had the right to divorce their husbands way before the separation of the Catholic Church. Islam is not the problem, the problem is the lack of stability in the region, coupled with lack of education and animosity towards the West for endless war… that is what created ISIS, and before that the other terror groups. How many terror groups existed 50 years ago, before the gulf war, before the first Afghanistan war, where in trying to assist the region we placed a dictator in power. I’m lucky to be an American because I have the ability to learn my religion and practice it the way it should be. I’m damn proud to be an American and a Muslim, no one can tell me I not, and I’m willing to protect my religion the same way I’d be willing to protect this country and it’s rights.

Saturday, 12 November 2016, 5:50 am
  • Justin Case-

Wow, thank you for those comments and thanks for your service.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 12:00 pm
  • Idk about anybody else but it’s Florida and it’s to hot to wear my bed sheets out around the town. Send them all back trump!!!!!

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 11:22 am
  • Tom, what did you actually expect to come from this piece?

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 11:05 am
  • Good piece, Tom. Sorry that your target audience is not receptive to the idea that nothing is as simple as, “that entire group is bad.” I work with Muslim doctors and nurses who take excellent care of their patients, no matter their beliefs.

It’s too easy to believe that something is inherently evil when you don’t know anybody personally who believes it. If, “Christians are called to love,” why do I not see any of you extending an olive branch? Why are so few Christians in the community trying to start a dialogue with Muslims? Why are Christians holding signs and wearing clothes full of hatred? You’re not under attack. YOU ARE THE ATTACKER.

Can we take a moment to consider the fact that the broad majority of mass shootings in this country are committed by WHITE MEN. Why on earth are you so happy to label them crazy, but continue to focus your energy on persecuting Muslims for what a group that does not represent even 1% of them does? Dearborn is a place of extreme Muslim conservatism. Christian conservatism is not much different, if it is different at all.

Organized religion is this world’s greatest enemy of peace, but Islam is no more dangerous to me/us than a bored white kid with a gun.

And to those of you who take every article as an opportunity to bash lgbt, why are you SO insecure?

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 10:50 am
  • I agree with George , I was in the buildings (WTC) that beautiful morning on my way to J.City via the Path train , not a single street vendor or taxi did I witness anywhere near the buildings 45mins b4 the attack , coincidence ? Since that fateful day that has always bothered me. Was there prior knowledge amongst the Muslim community that possibly knew this would happen ? Nothing to do with hate , but I think they knew something !

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 9:43 am
  • Below I have placed a list of some of the muslims who died on 9/11. I did this because of the ignorance I read above. Do not fall for the ignorance people. Do not just believe the rabble that is spilled on the news. Definitely don’t base your decision off of what a guy wearing a hate shirt says. Really take a look would you want him dating your daughter? Shabbir Ahmed – 47 years old – Windows on the World Restaurant
    Tariq Amanullah – 40 years old – Fiduciary Trust Co.
    Michael Baksh – 36 years old – Marsh & McLennan
    Touri Hamzavi Bolourchi – 69 years old – retired nurse on United #175
    Abul K. Chowdhury – 30 years old – Cantor Fitzgerald
    Mohammad Salahuddin Chowdhury – 38 years old – Windows on the World
    Jemal Legesse De Santis – 28 years old – World Trade Center
    Simon Suleman Ali Kassamali Dhanani – 63 years old – Aon Corp.
    Syed Abdul Fatha – 54 years old – Pitney Bowes
    Ehtesham U. Raja – 28 years old – TCG Software
    Ameenia Rasool – 33 years old – Marsh & McLennan
    Mohammad Ali Sadeque – 62 years old – newspaper vendor at WTC, reported missing
    Rahma Salie & child – 28 years old (7 months pregnant) – American #11
    Khalid M. Shahid – 25 years old – Cantor Fitzgerald
    Mohammed Shajahan – 41 years old – Marsh & McLennan
    Nasima Hameed Simjee – 38 years old – Fiduciary Trust Co.
    Michael Theodoridis – 32 years old – American #11
    Abdoul Karim Traore – 41 years old – Windows on the World
    Karamo Trerra – 40 years old – ASAP NetSource
    Shakila Yasmin – 26 years old – Marsh & McLennan

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 8:10 am
  • As a veteran of Iraq and Afghanistan and a person who was raised in Brooksville. All I have to say is you people and your ignorance disgust me. Our Constitution which I played my life on the line for gives everyone equal rights. They are not to be infringed on by anyone. The national news and the American press has you people so brainwashed. To burn anyone’s religous literature only shows your ignorance and hatefulness. This is the same mentality that was unleashed on African Americans, before the civil rights movement. Unfortunately ignorance still exsist and causes things like the death of James Byrd J.R.. He was dragged to death behind a truck in Texas in 2011. I can tell you the people claiming that veterans hold the same hate for muslims, is a bold face lie. Look at the people in these pictures. They live in an area hit very hard by economic downturn. They are mad at the world because they have lost a little, but the truth is they never had much. Every soldier knows that the wars we are involved in, are totally unjustified. That’s what causes our mental injuries, or as I say moral injuries. We grow up in a country dominated Christian values. This is ingrained in us, if we are church going or not. How we treat others is part of that. Taking a life is another part. Soldiers struggle in their souls everyday, on how to deal with the lives they have taken. That’s why it’s moral injurie. We don’t in this day and age strap on battle rattle to go out and trample the rights of others. These rights are what we stand for, bleed for and die for. So don’t belittle our service with you misrepresented anger.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 8:00 am
  • wake up America, we have an idiot for president and a great deal of idiots in America pushing everything from hate to America owes me. why are we the worlds source for immigrants, because we are easy and will feed you, cloth you, and give you welfare while you kill us, laugh at us and change our country. just look at the comments above, we are a country of fools led by an impotent leader who happens to be a muslin.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 5:17 am
  • The ignorance is real and is being televised! I would be embarrassed to wear that shirt it hold that sign. Disgusting human being’s with no knowledge and no class

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 3:09 am
  • Tranny’s or anyone with a “man-gina” will most typically enter thru the rear, I would believe.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 1:09 am
  • This isn’t newsworthy. Articles about people breed hate is what breeds hate. I can appreciate most people’s view with a little bit of educative reasoning, but this is the problem with our world. People read all this and think these opinions and stories that are being told are 100% true. Then they misrelay it etc.. People need to just go out in the community and learn as you did, Tom. This is just an incubator for gossip and opinion. This is by no means a knock on 9/11 or everyone who went through that day. I will not let people feel that are more of a knowledgeable source because they were closer to ground zero. We all went through it. Treat people like people.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 11:48 pm
  • Wtf, is that sign for real!? How does ANYONE get away with that in 2016?
    Now women, ladies and little girls have to worry about going to the bathroom because some freak with a penis decides he needs to sit down to pee.
    Where do the women pray in the your temples. Or do they just vacuum the rags you pray on? Does your Quran send women to the left, because your custom uses the left hand to wipe its Ass? Do you wave hello or Shakk hands with your left hands? No, because it’s an insult to Muslims. I cant FN believe that sign is actually stuck in the ground infront of a place of worship. When 3% of the population are trying to tell us who ever has a dick or vagina or used to have either, which bathroom to use in a Mosque. So… now we know. If you think or wanna have, or did have a penis. Go to the left!

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 11:40 pm
  • Hate don’t consume anyone who is under attack from these foreigners america needs to stop letting them in and anyone who comes in illegally gets executed plain and simple there here for one reason only and that’s to bomb or attack on Americans after they get educated to tell all to there country and any person sticking up for these idiot’s obviously is one of them!

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 11:08 pm
  • If you go to the sacred Jewish holy site of the Wailing Wall in Jerusalem, women and men are separated. Amish women keep their heads covered and no one fears they are about to blow up somebody. Indiscriminate hate of Islam is reminiscent of the Klu Klux Klan and we all know how that ended up. Christians were charged by Christ to love one another. I too have a personal story of 9/11/01…one of the most awful days of my sixty years of life, but I’ve somehow managed not to let it make me bitter. Trust in the Lord and lean not on your own understanding

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 11:08 pm
  • Hmmm the “I Hate Muslims” guy has Tea Party and Odinist tattoos, oh yeah, he’s not a White Supremacist at all!
    But he’s the hero of Spring Hill!

God I’m glad I’m glad a left this cesspool. There’s no jobs so all anyone does is hate on non-whites all day and get high on oxytocin pills, and then die of an accidental acetaminophen overdose while you crash your car into another one at four corners– then you end up on Real News Real Fast.
    Gee, will one day all 98,621 people of Spring Hill have a story on them?

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 11:02 pm
    • Glad you are gone!

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 6:59 pm
  • There is 2 kinds of Muslims, the ones that want and will try to kill NonMuslims, and then there is the ones that are glad the others are doing what they should be doing. “If you don’t eat Bacon, then you are a SUSPECT”

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:59 pm
  • Is this an opinion piece? Are you going to find a member of the KKK, New Black Panthers or Aryan Nations next and give them a platform as well?

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:58 pm
  • Silly Willie…Well Said!

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:33 pm
  • yep, Im the infidel, the Gentile, the honky, the gringo…the Vet

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:23 pm
  • so i hate white people…Everybody bleeds red…I do it cuz I say or do whatever is good in my eyes..this is da USA…So we should we get bent outta shape cuz some folks don’t like Muslims or blacks or etc…its called freedom of speech…Use our strength to crush whatever…The government has extended Vietnam…White folks took this land from the red man, enslaved the black man & exploited the yellow man…1 thing we can do is fight together…back to basics..holla if U feel me

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:18 pm
  • George C.Nice story, too bad it’s all BULL##IT! Spread your crap on a farm where it will do some good.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:14 pm
  • To say that the missing venders were Muslim and knew what was going to happen is ridiculous !

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 10:02 pm
  • Go to Dearborn Michigan and preach the bible, you will see how tolerant and peaceful Muslims are. The smart ones claim great intentions while they are the minority, but look at the areas in Europe and here where they are the majority. Their religion in not compatible with the Constitution and the American way of life. Are Muslim bakers making gay themed wedding cakes? Are the Imans conducting gay weddings?

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 9:57 pm
  • Interesting comment George that everyone knew (Muslims) about the 9-11 attacks..but we (our Government) didn’t? I still find it hard to believe, with the sophisticated tools we have to gain intelligence for this country Muslims living here were in the know and we were clueless. Wow.

On a side note:

Tom, is there a way for you to label (identify) pictures you post, especially when you post many of them? Your story covered several events..current and past..and being able to identify who the man in the orange vest is or when the flag was being burned or what were you showing the plate with food on it etc.. it would help to tie that event with the pictures you post if you understand what I am trying to convey to you. Thanks!

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 9:55 pm
  • People are so uneducated, it really is a shame that Brooksville is laughed at because of clueless people like this.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 9:44 pm
    • Definitely don’t find people from Hernando going to Harvard.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 9:50 am
  • Dave & George, I am sure that what I say is most likely the voice of many Veterans and of those who lost loved ones on 911. It is unfortunate that we must feel the way we do. I recall post 911 we all got along with many from the Muslim communities. Not once did we even think or say anything hateful about the Muslims just as we did with the Hispanics, the blacks, etc. We all somewhat got along. We worked with them we were friends with them we supported their businesses, etc. Now, since 911 we have all changed, the American people became stronger and began to retaliate against the others mentioned. I believe we truly do not hate all these people, what we hate is what they have become and what they have done to our country. Now not all are bad however the blacks are feeling we are against them, the Muslims feel we are against them, the Hispanics feel we are against them. So what do we do? Donald Trump has many great ideas to correct these issues but he needs to modify them in a way which everyone here will understand. America has always been the gateway to freedom for many immigrants but out pathetic government screwed up. They dropped the ball and put the American people in danger and has made no effort to correct it. We allowed too many illegal immigrants here who became criminals and terrorists and we cannot locate many of them. Islamic terrorists are different from many of the local Muslims who live here. Immigrants are supposed to come here and become model citizens and then American citizens. There are hundreds of thousands who had different intentions. So, let’s make one thing clear, we do not owe any of you anything. You do not deserve welfare if you refuse to work. You are not entitled to govt funding or anything else that is free. These are for AMERICAN CITIZENS! If you do not want to work here, if you are not happy here and do not like us, than get the F_ck out of OUR COUNTRY. THIS IS AMERICA, and you either follow our laws as we must do or go back to where you came from. I served my country proudly and am appalled at the way we are treated and the immigrants treated with kid gloves. Do not take advantage of us or we will continue to retaliate against you. You can either be an American and act like Americans or we will gladly escort you out of here if you choose differently. So I say to all who truly care about your Freedom and your Country, do not vote for Hillary as she is a Wolf in Sheep’s clothing. We saw this with Obama for the last 7 years.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 9:02 pm
    • Thomas O, When you read the BS and hate speech, remember the phrase “angry old white men” This is the block of voters that think Trump has a chance to win. Trump will not carry Woman, Blacks, Hispanics, youth, and the college educated vote. Hilary has a double digit lead as her email scandal rages. I sure wish the only thing W Bush screwed up was an simple email server, but instead he destroyed the economy and the Middle East.

I applaud Angela Riani’s comments and also believe that American Muslims should be outspoken in condemning the actions of extremists.

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 6:32 am
    • Spot on Proud

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 8:26 am
  • People are afraid of what they don’t understand, and in this country, many people don’t care to try to understand. Like sheep, they believe what they hear from the hatemongers, and most of those people are racists.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 8:38 pm
    • I understand that they murdered 3000 people in the world trade center on Sept 11th and that they keep killing people all over the world and maybe if one of your family members suddenly become one of their latest victims, god forbid you too will understand.

Monday, 9 May 2016, 3:16 pm
  • Which entrance can the trannys use?

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 7:51 pm
    • Now THAT’S funny….I don’t care who you are……

Sunday, 8 May 2016, 12:02 am
  • It is bad enough to be a hater but to let hate consume your self is stupid. Get a real life.

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 7:42 pm
  • I am with you TOM
    Good Morning, 14 years ago, I clearly remember what a beautiful day it was,as I made my way to work at the WTC.As I exited the subway at Grenwich and Vessey,I made my usual coffee stop at one of the outdoor wagons., it was not there. I walked around the corner and again, no wagons. I decided to go into Krispy Kream, but I still didn’t put anything together, particularly, that all these concessions were owned by Muslims. My partner and I were getting material(we were electricians contracted out for a company) and were meeting a technician who worked for a trading company. this person we were supposed to meet, did not show up.(Turned out, he was a Muslim also)Still, none of this was clicking in my head. My partner continued to complain about his not being able to get coffee, even though there were usually a total of 15 coffee wagons stationed around the WTC .Once in the building ,heading for our meeting, we felt the building start to shake. There was an explosion, and we saw white flakes coming from the windows. I told Louie, “We’re not waiting, we’re getting the fuck out of here!’ Now, on the 7th floor, everyone was running We were told to cover our heads. My partner and I were separated. When I finally got out, I saw flames shooting out of the building. At first, I thought it was coming from the generator room. I didn’t know a plane had hit, until the second one struck. All the Muslims knew we were going to be attacked……. I will never forget 911.I will always think about the close friends I lost, the 3,000 innocent Americans who went to work thinking it was just going to be another day at the office, and of course the brave Firemen and Police, who courageously ran into the crumbling towers, as everyone else, was trying to run out. For all these reasons, and so many more ,
    We must never forget!
    God Bless all those who perished on this fateful day, And God Bless the United States of America!

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 7:38 pm
    • George, I have never heard about Muslims that abandoned work the morning of 9-11. Do you have any sources other than your own personal experience from that day? Any books, magazines,articles,blogs,reports,investigations etc?

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 8:09 pm
  • Hey Tom great story but I have to correct one part non Muslims are referd to as
    INFIDEL’S. That’s the true view of any non Muslim. Just ask a veteran

Saturday, 7 May 2016, 7:10 pm
    • Dave Allen….yes just the way the Jewish torah refers to non Jews as Goyam and the Christian Bible refers to non Christians as heathens or infidels ….but I see it’s “convenient” to pick on only one religion at the exclusion of others huh?

Friday, 11 November 2016, 7:50 pm
    • If people would stop being blind and read Quran and bible they would see they ring and in hand…muslims believe in resurrection and they believe Jesus is Sun of god…like sun shining down…its really Judaism that is the antithesis of Christianity not Islam…and by antithesis i mean that muslims and Christians believe in Jesus…so the politicians that try to play on s Jewish Christian alliance based on religion are actually perverts

Monday, 12 June 2017, 9:54 pm