; ;

Burglar Picks the Wrong House, HCSO Attorney Walks in on Napping Suspect

SPRING HILL – it’s not uncommon for transients to target vacant homes when searching to put a roof over their head but it doesn’t make it any less illegal.

A Pasco County man found that out the hard way when he broke into a residence owned by the attorney for the Hernando County Sheriff’s Office.

According to reports, HCSO Attorney Joel Fritton made a startling discovery Friday morning, when he walked into one of his vacant homes, and discovered a man sleeping near the front door.

Deputies responded to the residence and placed 38-year-old Thomas Glass into custody without incident.Fritton says Glass gained access to the home by cutting the screen on the back patio and then entered through a sliding glass door. Once inside, Glass lowered the air condition down to a more comfortable 72 degrees, turned on a ceiling fan, and placed his candy bar in the refrigerator, before lying down to take a nap.

During a search of Glass’ multiple suitcases, deputies located four glass pipes that tested positive for methamphetamine.

Fritten tells RNRF, “The deputies did a great job. They were there almost immediately, in force, and were extremely professional.”

Fritton warns owners of vacant real estate to keep a close eye on their properties for any unusual activity.

Glass is charged with burglary, possession of paraphernalia, and criminal mischief. He remains behind bars on a $4,500 bond.

• Do what vegas does, give them a one way buss ticket out of the state..

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 8:55 am
    • Bus, lol or boat

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 8:56 am
  • Of COURSE the pipes are going to be…
    Ba Dum Tssssssssss’

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 8:31 pm
  • So right PitbullMom we need more caring in this World <3 help all I can when I can <3

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 1:25 pm
  • Just curious (and yes I believe if you enter anyone’s property/residence etc. without permission you are breaking the law)……… I’m sure you’ve heard the stories where our military people are away, come back and people have taken over their residence (squatting) and they have a hard time having them removed. Why are they not immediately arrested for breaking and entering? What is the difference? Why can’t I just move into a vacant house and say “I’, squatting”?

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 12:07 pm
  • With all the ABANDONED homes, trailers and hotels in Hernando, I don’t know why the county doesn’t buy the hotels and turn them into homeless shelters. There’s one off of 41 that is even for sale and could easily be turned into a shelter. At least it would reduce the number of homeless breaking into homes like this if they had a bed to sleep in. I bet at least 6 single size cots could fit in each of those hotel rooms. And to the person who says get a job and pay for your own, if you owned a business, would you hire someone who may not have clean clothes? Someone who is filthy from living on the streets with NO access to soap and showers? No you wouldn’t. Because then you’d tell them we’ll go clean up and I’ll interview you or some stupid shit. Mental illness is another huge problem. Homeless usually means no health insurance means no meds for the mentally ill homeless. You going to give a job to the guy talking to himself with matted hair and dirty clothes and skin? No. So how do you expect them to have a chance to turn around if they can’t even get clean or the proper sleep? Yes he was breaking the law. And I don’t excuse that. But why excuse society for not helping more? We are one community. If we can’t even help each other we are a useless community.

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 10:56 am
    • You hit the nail on the head. Perfectly said.

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 12:42 pm
    • So your answer to a pos breaking into someone’s property is let the tax payers pay for there housing lol ? Wow people who work and provide for there families have to pay there taxes to purchase hotel for these pos. Also a meth head at that. When we have enough trouble paying for our police and fire departments let him come stay with you. Your a hypocrite, would you let that same dirty matted hair meth head stay at your house. That would be very nice of you lol. Everyone gets a trophy huh ? We are as strong as our weakest link and your liberal mind set and this pos shows we are weaker then ever.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 6:16 am
      • You can interpret my comment any way you please to. However to call me hypocritical when you know nothing about me says alot about you. I work with the homeless alot. And yes I have invited them into my home to take showers and eat meals and to wash any clothing they have. Many of them addicted to drugs. But not all of them. There are some who will just use what you can offer and move on and there are those who want nothing more than to get a job and it’s those ones who need our help getting there. When is the last time you boxed up all of the items in your home that you don’t want or use and just sought out the homeless and gave it to them? Have you ever even walked up to someone who was homeless and said here I made a sandwich so you had something to eat? I doubt it by your attitude. Have a good day. Try to learn to be more open minded.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 10:03 am
        • Good for you to have done those things I have a family that I would never put at risk. And yea a bum came knocking on my door supposedly looking for work Same said bum 10 minutes earlier was caught looking in windows and trying to open doors on someone’s home who she was scared her to death. Same bum was also arrested for home burglary a few days later. So no I worry and take care of mine. So you keep doing what you do and when they go off with a full belly from your house and rob or kill another I’ll be the one with them in my cross hairs. I didn’t say you didn’t say they didn’t commit a crime you just defend it so yes you are a complete moron.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 4:06 pm
          • Hahaha aww you seem to have.gotten a teeny tiny bit butthurt Bee…. And I will continue doing what I do. While I better my community you just sit back with your crosshairs and whine about what kind of shit the neighborhood is going to. You seem to be afraid of becoming a solution and use criminals as your crutch to do so. Oh bums steal bums break in and look into windows. So in your words, ALL homeless people are criminals. And I’M the moron? Keep living in your little fantasy world with your eyes wide shut. Have a great day Bee.

Thursday, 4 May 2017, 7:28 am
      • Btw if you actually read and paid attention to my comment I did say he broke the law and was arrested. I didn’t say he “shouldn’t” have been arrested.

Wednesday, 3 May 2017, 10:07 am
      • First of all, it’s “their”, not “there.” Secondly, what is it that you don’t understand about there not being enough jobs in Hernando County to keep the population of this county employed? There’s only the school system and the County, and the county only hires Italian guineas. No one wants a free ride; people DO want a job and a chance at life. Stop being a mean old fat cow and try empathizing for a change. Why would you want to be a part of the problem when, FOR ONCE, you can try and be part of the solution?

Thursday, 4 May 2017, 3:41 pm
  • This guy literally did what any homeless person would do…

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 8:54 am
  • Guy is still in jail but the KILLER of a 3 year old only gets 5 years in jail. Way to go HCSO, no favortism, huh?

Monday, 1 May 2017, 10:59 pm
    • you can not blame the sheriff’s office for an unfit judges decision..

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 9:25 am
      • Yes I can. They have the ability to talk with the prosecutor and insist that the prosecutor not reduce the sentence. I blame the Sheriff’s Office and the prosecutor and the judge.

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 12:40 pm
  • White people ???

Monday, 1 May 2017, 10:05 pm
  • I see more and more transients at the traffic lights begging for money and the deputies around here turn there heads until they get called and they just tell them to move on countyline & 19 /Applegate &19 / Berkeley manor &19 and HCSO just lets it go maybe its the paperwork that they don’t want to do

Monday, 1 May 2017, 9:42 pm
  • Glass Houses?

Monday, 1 May 2017, 6:59 pm
    • Your not funny

Tuesday, 2 May 2017, 3:14 pm
  • Get a Job a pay for having a roof over your head like the rest of us have to do.

Monday, 1 May 2017, 6:43 pm
  • Sucks that there isn’t enough help for people like this.

Monday, 1 May 2017, 6:33 pm
  • Boy Tom, the SHERIFF’S attorney was robbed & U got to talk to him?? U must have a

Monday, 1 May 2017, 6:32 pm
  • That would be a great snickers commercial…Should have busted a brick on his head #canethemethfrks

Monday, 1 May 2017, 4:38 pm
  • The lawyer ate it.. Another real dumb a** here in the hill. Will it ever stop?

Monday, 1 May 2017, 4:13 pm
  • now he’s got “3 hots and a cot”. wonder what happened to his candy bar.

Monday, 1 May 2017, 3:15 pm
    • Cop had the munchies and ate it

Monday, 1 May 2017, 3:54 pm
  • Typical loser for the area

Monday, 1 May 2017, 3:05 pm