Burglary Case Yields Armed Robbery Lead – Possible Suspect Vehicle Impounded

SPRING HILL – Deputies responded to 2279 Rio Circle yesterday, after a neighbor called to report a possible residential burglary at that location.

According to officials, deputies arrived at the residence and found five suspects inside the home who were not supposed to be there, according to home owner Nicholas Pisciotta.

Deputies transported all five suspects to the Sheriff’s Office for questioning and eventually charged 29-year-old Mathew Green, 26-year-old Jessica Chechile, and 55-year-old Stephen Shelhamer with Burglary.

During the investigation, it was revealed that a 2001 gold Toyota Solara and a 2006 blue Dodge Stratus parked in the driveway of the residence were both reported stolen.

Personal items that belonged to Chechile and her boyfriend Green were found inside both vehicles, resulting 2-counts of Grand Theft Auto against the couple.

Officials say the Dodge Stratus may have been used in at least one felony that is currently under investigation by another agency. Unofficial sources tell RNRF that he Dodge Stratus is possibly the vehicle used in a March 30th Armed Robbery of the Kangaroo Convenience Store in Brooksville. Early reports indicated that the suspect vehicle was missing a rear window – coincidentally, the vehicle recovered on Rio Circle is also missing a rear window.

That vehicle was transported to an impound yard for further inspection.

There is speculation that officials may have another possible suspect in the Kangaroo robbery, but that information has not been confirmed at this time.

Just days after the Robbery, Sheriff’s Deputies raided a home on Jason Road in Spring Hill and placed 30-year-old Matthew Cook into custody on an unrelated weapons charge. A tip led investigators to believe Cook was the prime suspect in the robbery but he was later cleared after a thorough investigation. One possible factor that helped eliminate Cook as a suspect was the lack of tattoos on his hands. Surveillance video clearly shows, what appears to be a tattoo on each of the suspect’s hands.

RNRF obtained the image below of a man who has similar tattoos and may have ties to Rio Circle or the vehicle in question. We are not releasing his identity at this time.

The investigation continues, according to officials.

Burg 3

robby 2 robby 3 Burg 4 Burg 5

Burg Susp

Robby 1

SuspectBurg 2 Burg 1

Comments
  • Good reporting, Tom!

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 5:42 pm
  • I am glad as well!! Thank you neighbor!

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 1:03 pm
  • Mr. Lemon’s I am not incorrect. You said in your article that Mr. Cook’s house was raided and cook was placed into custody on an unrelated weapons charge. I was there that night as well I was in the lot next to the home speaking with Det. Cortman. I am his mother. I will be the first to admit that my son was wrong for running and for doing drugs but I will tell you that what they found in that house was not his. again he was not living in that home for at least a week and a half. I am not one of these mom ‘s that says not my kid but I knew that was not my son that robbed the store. I will be glad to meet you and give you the whole story. My son is drug free now! Thank you Det Kortman and HCSO!

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 10:27 am
  • Just another average day here in “Crime Hill” Florida

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 9:52 am
  • Part of our problem in Hernando County is we don’t have enough policeman and policewomen to handle the amount of people living here now, let alone the new people moving here daily…. way to go HCSO…. you guys are working hard…. and I pray you/we get more officers….

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 6:10 am
  • wow!!!

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 3:05 am
  • Omg I know that girl. She’s bad news. But Matt I’m so glad they got this right and your good name is cleared

Tuesday, 12 May 2015, 1:42 am
  • About time truth about Mr cook..should have been reported earlier..I’m sure if he was charged it would have made the news long ago..if this new artical didn’t happen would the truth about cook be out? Not fair and balanced…when was he cleared? How extensive of. An investigation to see no tattoos on hands.rush to judgment.. Damaged life.

Monday, 11 May 2015, 11:15 pm
  • Why can’t you release the identity of the person? There was no hesitation to name an innocent person Matthew Cook for this crime but you want to withhold the identity of the true person who did this? Makes no sense. Also should investigate who gave you the tip to the innocent person. The story you are writing is incorrect. Mr. Cook did not get arrested at his home he turned himself in. The police did raid the home but Matthew Cook had not been living there due to the fact that he let someone move in and when he contacted the sheriff’s office to have them leave he was told he could not since he allowed the person to move in to begin with. He had to go to the landlord and have the person evicted that way. The whole story is and was incorrect.

Monday, 11 May 2015, 10:42 pm
  • Time to do Bye Bye you three turf guys… Must be the drugs….

Monday, 11 May 2015, 8:54 pm
  • And thats for all people see that it wasn’t me thanks for letting every one know rnrf

Monday, 11 May 2015, 8:17 pm
  • These scumbags make all us hard working young people look terrible. These all are frequent flyers of the court system. It’s so aggravating to see all these people going into jail because that just means all our hard earned money feeds their mouths while they mooch more off the system by getting a place to sleep and eat for free. Hate all these dirtbags.

Monday, 11 May 2015, 6:43 pm