California Woman Extradited back to Hernando County to Face Manslaughter Charge

BROOKSVILLE – Officials with the Florida Highway Patrol are reporting the arrest of a California woman, wanted in connection with a 2011 crash that killed one person and injured three others.

According to reports, then 17-year-old Victoria Gonzalez was traveling southbound on I-75, near State Road 93, when she lost control of her Ford Explorer and overturned.

30-year-old Jesus Gonzalez (Relation Unknown) was ejected from the vehicle and sustained fatal injuries. Three others, including Victoria, sustained various injuries and a fourth person walked away unharmed.

Authorities obtained a warrant for Gonzalez’ arrest in 2012, but she fled the state to avoid prosecution.

On Sunday, Gonzalez was booked into the Hernando County Jail, after authorities located her at a residence in Compton California.

Gonzalez faces one count of Vehicular Manslaughter, in addition to several other related charges.

Results of a toxicology report revealed that Gonzalez was under the influence of drug and alcohol at the time of the crash.

Gonzalez remains behind bars – held on $54,500 bond.

Gonzalez

Comments
  • And the first step is admitting it to yourself

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 10:46 pm
  • Yes i too…i really hate to say this, but sometimes there is no help unless we want the help and we have it in us to ask for help and we let the ones that want to help them help us. Sometimes time when we sugar coat things for love ones and friends, i feel we’re not helping anyone to help themselves or helping us help them. Don’t know about anyone else, but im willing if there willing for all parties involved

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 10:44 pm
  • I should be in her shoes as many times as I drove drunk and drugging at her age …
    Prayers to the victims family ..
    We all have a family member or friend or ourselves that suffers from addictions ..
    Many never get help, many don’t think they have a problem , many die untreated many are in prison at a young age ….

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 10:28 pm
  • I love how idiot liberals put the spin on it….here’s my take…RUN ON ME ONCE…SHAME ON YOU….RUN ON ME TWICE…SHAME ON ME…good goin judge,state,and HCSO…

Saturday, 1 August 2015, 9:37 am
  • I have no problem dying for whats right for anyone and would give you my shirt and last dime if you need it more then myself and willing the do it over and over even when i get the short end of the stick

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 1:26 pm
  • Really so tell use what should be done…sense you know whats wrong with everyone…do you go out in the streets when there’s problems in your neighbor hood or are you one of these fools that just look out through you curtains and say it has nothing to do with me…i myself will jump in a crowd if the fight is justified and fighting for whats right and would do it for a perfect stranger if need be…so please tell us what you do

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 1:23 pm
  • You people are incredibly entertaining, I gasp at the ignorance, I laugh at the stupidity, I’m astounded at the fact some think they actually think they are making a valid point.
    Prayers go out to the families who lost their loved ones. I cannot judge because a long long long time ago I once was 17 and this story could be about me, I was never called trash, I’m not from Spring Hill, I’m Caucasian (all worthless facts brought up in your ignorant posts.) I find it to be important to know what’s going on in my community this is why I read RNRF however these comments go beyond ignorance. It’s so nice to know so many saints here locally read these stories and feel the right and need to judge.
    Perhaps it’s time to allow RNRF post stories of all of the good you do in the world

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 10:28 pm
  • this woman didnt kill someone, someone died because of her inability to control her addictions……there is as much difference there as between murder and manslaughter…however, she has fled the state before to escape capture, seems to me that there should be no bond, just due to that..it has cost the taxpayers lots of money, finding her, tracking her down and then bringing her back to FL, so 54000 bond seems really stupid…..at least make it a number that will be difficult to obtain, like a million. If she had not left the state before, and it was her first appearance then maybe that 54000 makes sense…again, she didnt kill someone, that person chose to ride with an impaired driver, and some of the responsibility for his death should go to him also. Illegal aliens, btw, can be any nationality, not just hispanics….there are many illegals here in the US from Europe, Canada, Africa, India,…you name it, so i dont think that this was a racially inspired question, but a valid one –why did she flee? Was it just because of the accident, or because she didnt want to be deported?

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 7:16 pm
  • Last time i check at 17 you know right from wrong and yes you can be tried as an adult at 17…yes its very sad for the families

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 4:07 pm
  • @jess: I applaud you for your common sense. GREAT posts!!

Did anyone notice she was 17 at the time of the accident? Bet everyone here has either driven when drinking during their teenage years, has a teen doing it now, or knows a teen who drives inpaired, so, perhaps, we should be a little less judgemental. Not to take away from the sad death of the passenger, but one has to wonder…..wouldn’t a 30 year old know better than to ride with a teen who had been drinking? In truth, it makes me wonder who supplied the alcohol. Shouldn’t they bear some responsibility?

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 3:10 pm
  • She’s probably another illegal alien lawbreaker, Put her in a landfill with the rest of the trash or expect more crime that she will be committing.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 1:32 pm
  • Be politically correct we are honkies

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 1:22 pm
  • What an idiot…well if im not guilty running away would be my first thought…yeah right…what a fckn idiot…even when im guilty i stay and take my punishment like a real human being would…and it has nothing to do with me being a white cracker from Florida omg did i just call myself that…i should kick my own ass for that…you are called what you are by the way you conduct yourself and your actions

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 1:20 pm
  • It should have been no bond when she post bond she will run again

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 1:03 pm
  • @hawkeye
    Yes it was racist because had it been a Caucasian I can almost guarantee that the ” alien” comments wouldn’t have been said. Yes people are sensitive to discrimination, do you not see what’s going on in the world? Let’s be real … This is a major problem with our society today. Prayers to the family of the person who lost their life due to carelessness of this woman.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 12:48 pm
  • i wonder if people come to this page and all they see if death, murder, arrest’s, car accidents and other nasty things that they would actually want to visit hernando county. i think mr.lemon needs to focus on the brighter side of hernando , i hope hes not trying to scare away much needed tourists for the county. if all they read on this site is the crimes and negative incidents that happen here i doubt anyone would even consider coming 10 miles within its borders. instead of re-reporting crimes that everyone knows about, why dont you investigate some good deeds or community programs that have a POSITIVE impact and view points for your readers. truly a shame.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 12:45 pm
  • @jp I am not blind nor dumb, yes I see that she has killed someone. If you read what was saying you’d probably see that I am by no means justifying this idiots behavior and she also needs to be punished in a court of law. My point was that it is pathetic that people see a Hispanic woman and assume she is illegal. I’m not of Hispanic origin nor do I know this woman. For the sake society people should keep their discrimination to themselves. Our children read these comments and mock the behavior. That’s all I’m saying. If you live in this town why would anyone want to furthermore prove it to be a place of disharmony? As if the news alone isn’t bad enough.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 12:40 pm
    • Now you said that, you didn’t say that prior, I don’t give a crap about here heritage, I care that she killed someone, ran while on bail, 3 years ago, now they gave her bail again?, stupid?, I think so…….

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 2:51 pm
  • Regardless of how it seems to be used around here, the exact and sole purpose of setting any bail amount, is to secure the defendants future appearance in court, and that is weighed against the likelihood the defendant would flee if not incarcerated. Well………..I know there are some, shall we say, less than bright people working for the county, you know, the kind that are a couple fries short of a happy meal, but I think it’s safe to say the young lady probably doesn’t want to appear in court, given the slight fact that WE JUST PAID ALL EXPENSES TO RETRIVE HER FROM THE COMPLETE OTHER SIDE OF THE DAMN COUNTRY!!! Hello??!! Is there anybody in there? McFly!

And you can’t just say “No habla ingles” and make it all ok with the excuse the poor girl didn’t understand, Legal, illegal or otherwise, ignorance is no excuse for not following the laws of this country. #responsibilityforself

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 10:44 am
  • Ok time to talk Spring Hill…..how du Yu no she ran.? she staid in calee.did nt leefe the cuntree u peeps r sew stupid shee iz a pursin how du u no she waz driven. Incent befor giltee.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 10:05 am
    • English please

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 2:47 pm
  • And who ever said ANYTHING about race? Her race appears to be Hispanic, and NO ONE mentioned that. What some people said was ILLEGAL. Illegal is not a race. Stop with all your hatred comments about people claiming the RACE card. Man, some people are so overly sensitive.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 9:28 am
  • So did Krystal Tompkins aka Krystal Jacobs aka whoever she is today !!! That lives in DAMAC ESTATES!!!!

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 2:44 am
  • So get drunk, flee to other state for a few years, and this court will only hold you on 10% of a 54000$ bond, so that must be the new price of a life in Hernando, 5400 dollars, you get out of jail for murder?, what happened to no bond?

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:47 pm
  • OH @JESS, You do realize she killed someone? right?, you do see that don’t you?

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:19 pm
  • Come on @ScootrPy, you sound as thou your amazed?, like this couldn’t happen, or surprised it did, or amazed it’s still happening?

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:17 pm
    • How in the hell did you interpret THAT from my comment ??

Monday, 27 July 2015, 11:44 pm
      • Meaning, nothing should surprise you when it doesn’t make sense anymore, seems to be the way with this govn’t, she ran once, way wouldn’t she do it again?

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 2:45 pm
        • LOL, at least Compton’s not her safe place anymore.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 3:44 pm
  • orsen well said. My 2 cents, yes goooooooo trumpppppppp.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 10:47 pm
  • Life is so great in Ameerica!!!!!!…

Monday, 27 July 2015, 10:41 pm
  • You people are sick with the racial comments. She deserves to be sentenced by a court of law. Perhaps she was born in the not so pleasant town of Brooksville. You people who are being discriminatory might want to remember that this website is a representation of the events that occur in Hernando. Way to make the town look pathetic all the way around people lol

Monday, 27 July 2015, 10:24 pm
  • PRICELESS

Monday, 27 July 2015, 10:00 pm
  • BOND! So she can run again! Guarantee she is here illegally.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 9:58 pm
  • How in the h*ll did they find her in Compton ?? And……….BOND ????? She fled,not ony the accident, but the state where she killed someone !!! BOND ???? I bet her family’s proud :: sigh ::

Monday, 27 July 2015, 9:02 pm
  • That’s why there should be No Bail, on any charges that have to deal with a death involved, until they atleast have a first appearance after results of test come back, not before.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:47 pm
  • Trump is full of s*** to…people open your eyes not just one man runs this county and never will…its all of them…we have faild ourselves

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:45 pm
  • Why does everything end up with the race card being pulled??!? Just because she’s hispanic? Ugh it’s disgusting! Okay so she is a dirt bag.. She does deserve to be punished for the crimes she committed equally as everyone else. & she may need help but not because shes hispanic but because she obviously has a drug and alcohol problem as im sure someone from every race faces. Let’s not be so ignorant!

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:40 pm
    • Who said anything about race? It was asked if she was an illegal. Legitimate question considering the amount of crime being committed by illegals these days. No one asked her race.

Tuesday, 28 July 2015, 9:23 am
  • This is what the Donald was talking about.GoooooooooooTrumppppppppppppppppp

Monday, 27 July 2015, 8:08 pm
  • Who cares just execute the bitch and dont waste we the people’s tax dollars on waste of skin…oh i forgot to be politically correct…:-) she has a bright future and she needs help…right

Monday, 27 July 2015, 7:11 pm
  • Wow. Hernando County picks and choose who to bring back.

Monday, 27 July 2015, 7:08 pm
  • Another useless trashbag out there

Monday, 27 July 2015, 7:01 pm
  • Is she a legal or illegal alien?

Monday, 27 July 2015, 6:49 pm