Car Crashes into Home – Diabetic Episode Likely Cause

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to the area of Landover Blvd and Killian Street, after a vehicle crashed into a residence and two parked cars.

No one was inside the home and there no reported injuries as a result of the crash.

Shianna Jones says she was following behind the PT Cruiser on Landover Blvd, when the driver began crossing into oncoming traffic and even struck a mailbox.

Shianna’s husband, Manuel, jumped out of their vehicle to check on the occupants. When he approached the car, he witnessed a young girl screaming for help, but before he could do anything the driver sped away. Moments later, the vehicle drove through the front yard of 5406 Landover Blvd, struck a parked truck and then plowed through the garage door, pushing another parked car through an interior wall.

When the fire rescue arrived on the scene, they determined that the driver had experienced a diabetic episode which led to his erratic driving.

Authorities have not released an official report at this time.

Crash 2 Crash 1

Lowman Featured

Comments
  • As a Social Worker I am applauding all who stood up again the rude remake made by this uneducated member of society. Ableism is just as much discrimination as ageism, classism, sexism, and racism. If we discriminate against someone because of disability might as well make it illegal to drive a car if you are poor, or a woman , or even because of the color of your skin. It is not the diabetic’s fault that they are diabetic no more than it is the indigents’ fault they are poor, the woman’s fault they were born a woman , or the minority’s fault the color of their skin they were born with. Take pride in who you are and Stand up against discrimination

Monday, 3 August 2015, 6:13 am
  • Okay let’s stop arguing and be thankful everyone is now safe and it was just material damages….

Sunday, 2 August 2015, 12:13 pm
  • @addictvtouch did you not read correctly? I said what IF the child was killed. Not only was this traumatic to the child, but again it could’ve been avoided. The fact that you can’t read correctly and drive a semi deeply worries me. You may want to get your vision looked at.

Friday, 31 July 2015, 2:16 pm
  • I would prefer a diabetic driving around me such as my type 1 son who is also a new driver at 16 yrs old than the daily average around me zoned out on pills or heroin etc…. let’s get real. Ron !!! Brian D. It is very common and on the rise just highly uneducated and made aware…. one of the leading causes of these mysterious deaths….look into it…sir

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 9:08 pm
  • Sad situation for all involved.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 8:36 pm
  • Wrong ERIC it is not common

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 7:05 pm
  • littlemissattitude, did you read another story where a child was killed? It clearly states that a child was screaming in the back seat not killed….maybe you are diabetic and it has affected your vision and reading abilities. And yes I am diabetic, and can drive circles around you in my car and my semi. Get your life right idiot

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 5:55 pm
  • As the niece of a diabetic and having helped take care of him for 14 years of my life, I partially agree with Ron. I believe all diabetics should have a device in their car (like the breathalyzer ones) that will not let them shift their car out of gear of the blood sugar is at 90 or lower. Even then, I feel all diabetics should eat at least a little something so their blood sugar doesn’t drop suddenly. It’s honestly a safety factor. From experience, I’ve seen multiple accidents that have happened that could’ve been avoided it the blood sugar was checked before getting into a vehicle. We shouldn’t wait until an accident happens, especially since a child was killed. I’m sure none of you would be against Ron if that child would’ve gotten hurt or died. It’s basically reckless driving, and we need to do something that will help stop it.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 8:59 am
  • @ Ron cant believe they let people like you talk!

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 7:39 am
  • I understand that there are different stages of diabetes. I believe that should be a factor on their driving privilege what if he killed someone? Would that be ok? Oh he is sorry he didn’t get his insulin in time today so you family member that was killed will not be coming home. Its like asking for trouble. A doctor should make this call. Just my thoughts.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 7:38 am
  • Ron, you are the same type of guy that stares at my autistic granddaughter and mumbles if that was my kid I would beat her butt. You truly have no clue. Walk a mile in our shoes Mr. Perfect.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 7:08 am
  • “These kinds of medical conditions”…..clearly you don’t know a thing about diabetes. Drunk, speeding, and texting drivers are the dangers on the road, not people with medical conditions!!! Having said that, after reading the description of the incident, I’m a bit skeptical about a diabetic episode being responsible for the accident. Wouldn’t be surprised if there is more to the story.

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 6:48 am
  • I agree, anyone could have an unexpected health problem at any time. They still need to drive to get around in life… Glad everyone is ok… On another note, damn that fireman in the sunglasses is hot….lol

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 12:36 am
  • I agree with everyone but Ron …get your self educated before making such a rude remark..I have a nephew who has this and also myself.. There’s nothing wrong with my driving…just saying…

Thursday, 30 July 2015, 12:16 am
  • Ron just to set things right as Kristie said if you understood diabetes I don’t think you would feel the same way if you had a child with diabetes would you never let them get a driver’s license. I think you need to educate yourself on this disease more.

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 10:43 pm
  • Wow!!! As a diabetic. We try to keep our blood glucose levels in safe ranges, but so many diffetent factors go into this. Medicine, food, temperature, stress, hormones… I am sure this driver did not wake up today and decide to have this happen. Walk a day in his/her shoes. Its not easy.

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 10:07 pm
  • Can’t believe we continue to let people with these kinds of medical conditions to keep on driving automobiles…If this person had a pilots license it would have already been revoked.

Wednesday, 29 July 2015, 5:44 pm
    • Really Ron? Really? I suppose you are the epitome of perfect health. The poster child of that is right in America. I don’t know what hallucinogenic you are on, but could you please share with the rest of the class. It’s a COMMON medical condition. Sadly, all too common.

You know, not only do “we” let them continue to drive regular automobiles but we let them drive fire trucks and police cars and ambulances and all sorts of vehicles. Imagine that, someone with a disability, as that is what it is, continuing to provide for themselves and their families while they can. I suppose you are the kind of person that would tell these same individuals to “get a job, you bum” if they wanted state aid after losing their job(s) when they have their license yanked. You can’t have your cake and eat it too.

If the condition is significant enough, then yes, pull the license but not without good cause. A blanket statement like the one you made is just disturbing and I and many more like me would never support that kind of treatment to another citizen and no, I am not a diabetic.

Good day Sir!