Career Criminal’s Knee-Jerk Reaction Lands Him Behind Bars

BROOKSVILLE – When someone runs from Police it’s usually because they have committed a crime or have an outstanding warrant for their arrest. In most cases the suspect is captured, which usually leads to additional charges that could have been avoided if they had cooperated with law enforcement. For some career criminals the decision to flee from Police is second nature, especially if they’ve spent a large portion of their adult life behind bars. That’s exactly the case with 52-year-old Michael O’Banner who faces a resisting arrest charge, after fleeing from Brooksville Police on Friday.

According to reports, O’Banner was riding his bike in the area of Stafford Street and West Fort Dade Ave, when officers attempted to conduct a traffic stop for not having a headlight. O’Banner fled the area on foot through several properties, jumping over fences and crossing U.S. 98 before reaching the area of East Ave and Oakdale Ave, where he was finally apprehended.

Officials say O’Banner is on inmate release for fleeing and eluding and also has a non-extraditable warrant out of Pennsylvania for failing to appear on a traffic citation. Ironically, if O’Banner would have stopped, Officers may have only issued him a citation for not having a headlight on his bicycle.

O’Banner has served 18 years behind bars on dozens of charges ranging from Burglary, Narcotics, Battery, Escape, and Fleeing and Eluding.

O’Banner was booked into the Hernando County Jail and is currently free on $1,000 bond.

Oabnner

Comments
  • Guess he wasn’t having a OBanner day…

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 9:35 pm
  • There is not one of us good not one according to Romans 3:10. We all have some sort of issue sorry just saying.

Tuesday, 5 January 2016, 2:43 am
  • Not to worry, Obama will be releasing Obanna as part of his new , let the brothers out of jail program.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 6:06 pm
  • There’s only one kind of people, and those people are good people at the depths of their souls. The good gets covered up by getting caught up in thinking and taking one’s thinking seriously. This is where probably most people are at — getting caught up in thinking, getting lost in unsound perspectives, and making life difficult for themselves.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:36 pm
  • People only run out of guilt. Obviously LEO was right on. No guess work there.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:15 pm
  • Tank, you are an A_ s Hole!!!! It is idiots like you who support these criminals. It is idiots like you who commit crimes then blame everyone else because your life is screwed up. Bet you have a felony record under your belt. Only convicted felons would make such a remark against LEOs.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:13 pm
  • it’s not just me its just you. dont apologize for me. im not sorry for anything. you traitor

Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:50 am
  • Only two kinds of people, good and bad and they both come in all races. Unfortunately sometimes it’s hard to tell them apart.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:48 pm
  • @JustMe, you are sooo wrong=to me “cards that are dealt you” that’s when they tell you you have cancer, or some other life threatening disease. He has made choices, bad ones from the looks of it, nothing to hide, stupid to run! You are counseling us about the people of color and saying whites are bad, with your “Christian “I smile, help people bull. I am white and have white people open doors for me all the time. Get over yourself, their are bad people of every color in this world, and all lives matter period.Since you are so smiley and kind, why don’t you support him and counsel him. This is true racism on your part and I don’t care how much you smile and open doors I think you must have visited Rev Wrights church in Chicago at some point. No I am not racist, never have been, never will be,This is not his first rodeo,I believe in God and consider myself a good person and help people when I can, Now you are on here trying to drum up pet sitting, don’t care, but kinda wierd. 18 yrs in prison, multiple crimes, did you ever think the police stopped him to save his life riding a bike without a light, people getting run over here like crazy, but no think of this poor man as being persecuted because he of color. DANG lady glad I don’t go to your church!! Keep on smiling and ringing your own bell .yep if I see a smiley person of color I will smile back at ys, but glad I don’t know you. Notice I am not posting little faces of white people, I have more brain cells.united we stand , divided we fall, quit trying to divide us more than we sre. 2017 will be the year that we might see some good things happen certainly not before then, if we make it that long, Have a nice smiley racist life.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 1:06 pm
  • If you have nothing to hide why run. If he was doing nothing wrong or not carrying anything he wasn’t allowed to have. he has nothing to worry about.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 11:54 am
  • What’s wrong with you people? It was not murder, but a bike headlight! Glad I don’t live next to you morons. Go find a church and learn tolerance.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 6:50 am
  • Dear Judge: I present to you another Hernando as***le who qualifies for I am stupid sticker with two stars.
    Second nature for some, just run forest, just run……

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 6:06 am
  • He has spent so much time in jail he probably would have a very difficult time surviving on the streets the poor thing unless he has one heck of a support system?‍?‍?‍??‍?‍?‍? ???? that would help him get through the the most difficult times.
    It’s sad the cards that are dealt for some, then there are others that look down on him like he’s dirt. He is one of us, we are all one. We need to quit judging, start helping one another. Do you know how many times I give eye?contact and a smile?in a day, probably between 30/40. Do you know how many I get in return, maybe 1 or 2. Others act is if Im invisible or they stick there noses ??up. I always hold the door open for others going through, do you know how many acknowledge and say thank you? Less than 1/2. The ones that smile and thank me are mostly people of color, I will go out of my way doing things for others so the folks that believe they are too good for others may try doing something for others when they grow up. 2016 is going to be a kind, giving and loving year. I would like to apologize to the black people on behalf of the ignorant whites,
    Thank You, Happy New Year and may God watch over you in your new home, honestly whites aren’t all that bad
    If you see me out and about stop and say hi. I will be the one smiling wearing the friendly face. I don’t fly down the streets, iso if you would like to pull out in front of me just eye contact with me and I don’t have a problem, you go right ahead in front. If you only have a few things in your shopping cart and I have a million, please yes you can cut in front of me. If your down and life is getting hectic let’s sit and have a Cup of coffee I’m a really good listener. Finally if you have ?????dogs and you need a sitter due a unexpected appointment last minute Love to watch your four legged friend as long he or she does not eat small dogs.HAVE A BEAUTIFUL BLESSED DAY,
    Okay I will see you out there….Finally some beautiful cold weather! Thank You Sweet Jeasus
    ???????????????????????????????????????????????????

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:28 am
  • Stopping him bc he didn’t have a headlight on his bicycle that’s BS they were going to arrest him regardless these cops have nothing better to do then harass people,then they wonder y people run

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 12:12 am
  • He needs more time in jail

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 11:07 pm
  • What a good Irish name. O Molly my boy.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 10:20 pm
  • put the POS back in prison where he belongs

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 8:48 pm
  • I would not call that knee jerk I would call it second nature. Sad but true.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 8:45 pm
  • Looks like another candidate for my Vermeer Wood Chipper. Free of charge to the fine residents of Hernando County. Lets rid society of these career criminal scumbags.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 8:33 pm