Child Injured After Being Struck by Car, Airlifted to Trauma Center

SPRING HILL – A child suffered traumatic injuries this morning after he was struck by a car while riding a bicycle at the intersection of Northcliffe Blvd and Landover Blvd.The child was transported to Northcliffe Baptist Church where he was airlifted to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa. His condition is unknown at this time.
The cause of the crash is under investigation.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, redistributed. ™2013 – 2018 RNRF Incorporated.

Comments
  • ALL CHILDREN SHOULD BE BUSED TO SCHOOL. MARINER AND NORTHCLIFFE ARE LIKLE HIGHWAYS. WE PAY ENOUGH IN TAXES WHEREIS THE MONEY GOING?

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 9:20 pm
  • Build future schools away from traffic congestion, such as the placement of John D. Floyd Elementary. Drivers without children have no patience for schools tying up traffic. It’s wrong, but it’s reality.

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 7:32 am
  • Last month little girl was hit by a car but that didn’t get into the news I stopped and thank God she was okay I went to the school and complained the same day about safe routes to and from school for children I also called the school board but nothing they refuse to do anything they should provide more Patrol and buses this is ridiculous I address my concerns to the principal and to the staff plus the school board not only do we have to worry about children being hit by cars but we have to worry about our children and the people that are sleeping in the woods there are tents in those woods all around the school we don’t know who those people are we don’t know if they’re pedophiles or wanted by law enforcement yes it’s unfortunate that they are sleeping in the woods but maybe the city should go in and help and do something and worry about the safety of these children!!!

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 12:08 am
  • I was told that it was a lady driving and doing something involving a phone. She had several kids in the car with her. The boy that was hit was an 8th grader at Explorer. The windshield of the woman’s car was all busted up.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 11:54 pm
  • Let me tell you first thing where was the crossing guard he was across the street talking to the other crossing guard if he would have been where he was suppose be this would have never happen .had nothing to do with drunk driver .the driver of the car was very upset . She The one that got charged with it . If again the Crossing Gaurd was where he was suspose to be doing his Job instead of talking to the one across the street this would have never happen . He never went to see the kid other people was there before he got there . They mite volunteer but damn it Do your Job the kids depend on you .. Thats the way I fell the kid,s life is more important then talking to a crossing Gaurd across the street.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 9:56 pm
  • Are any of you even familiar with this intersection? I don’t here one of the most important questions. Where was the crossing guard?! When I was at the light I asked my child “is there school today” because something looked off. I think this might have been the kid a saw waiting for the walk signal. This intersection has 2 crossing guards and one was not were they should have been when I went by. For the driver(s) just because the arrow turns green it doesn’t mean you floor it. We all know it’s a school zone and along with the traffic light we have to watch the walking signal as well. Praying for this poor child.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 8:05 pm
  • Ride on the dam sidewalk. I don’t think I ever heard of a child saying I got a ticket for riding my bike on the sidewalk. If my kid got a ticket for that I might just be in the next news article.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 7:20 pm
    • He WAS riding on the “damn sidewalk”. He and his friends always do when there is a sidewalk. It was his turn to cross the street and he was just about fully across when she turned the corner fast without looking and smashed into him!

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 4:41 am
    • I agree with you totally. Bikes belong on the sidewalks, boot the street competing with cars and big trucks. The bike lanes are a joke. Getting a ticket for riding on the sidewalk is just another way to fund the Leo office. But look at all threw fart carts that drive on the sidewalk, not that I’m complaining, that’s where they belong, but why the hell are they not ticketed when a bicycle is is beyond me.

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 10:46 am
    • so we blame the kid lmao people just need to learn to drive

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 12:51 pm
    • I don’t think you’re allowed to ride on the sidewalk… that’s why it’s called a sideWALK.

Thursday, 8 November 2018, 2:44 pm
  • 35mph on Northcliff near the school is Ridiculous!!! In front of springstead there is big flashing signs and it’s 15mph and high school kids are a bit more careful!! SLOW THE HELL DOWN PEOPLE.. And Traffic division needs to slow the speed limit down to 15!! KIDS ARE THE FUTURE. Your old asses can be patient

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 6:46 pm
  • Sending prayers!

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 5:31 pm
  • I agree the roads are very busy, however if your child is in danger parents should make agreements to get them to a from school safely. I am reading a few comments that make this the schools responsiblity. Figure it out parents.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 5:14 pm
  • I don’t think it was a drunk. We are newer to the area and see so many hot headed drivers arguing because people don’t move fast enough, turning right but not fast enough, not moving the second the light turns red, etc- but a lot of times they are missing things going around- people crossing, red light runners, crossing guards, kids, pets, etc. People yelling, cussing, honking at others. People just need to calm down around here with their driving! I’ve never seen so many agitated drivers in my life who miss crossing guards, people walking, and other cars who may be in the way. They act like Spring Hill Drive is a test track for nascar! People are hitting kids at bus stops too. The solution is fixing the crazy driving but that won’t happen, So many think they are the best drivers in the world when in reality they are not. I don’t claim to be either but I don’t act nuts like that and try to figure out what might be the “problem”. I try to be respectful and let cars over, I drive a little faster than posted but usually keeping with traffic. I avoid the “fast lane” when I drive the speed limit and I try to be a responsible driver looking out for kids, animals, etc. There is just too many hot heads. I saw a girl (in a blue Toyota Camry) cuss a lady at the gas station the other day because there was an old woman standing in front of the girl getting cussed at. I saw an older bald man in a new mustang throw a tantrum because a guy tried to scoot over and get out of his way so he cussed the man for not moving fast enough. I saw a girl almost hit a family at Taco Bell and proceed to cuss them for her mistake! I even saw a red and white Camaro try to pass in the turn lane up near the toll road because others were driving slow! That has all been in the last week! It’s insane! Calm down people.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 4:51 pm
  • Kids should be allowed to ride their bikes on the sidewalk

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 3:45 pm
  • I totally agree with Diana, the money that they give to the schools should be used to transport them to school, no matter how close or how far the are away. I too hope the child is ok.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 3:35 pm
  • Those painted bike lanes on the roads are a JOKE! All bicyclists should be allowed to ride on the sidewalks, not between those stupid lines!

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 3:14 pm
  • Watch out for ALL pedestrians!! didnt anyone go to drivers Ed. in school? Even if they jaywalk, the pedestrian ALWAYS have the ROW.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 12:41 pm
  • Prayers for the child

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 11:44 am
  • I think the buses that pick up children, which are 3 + miles away, should create a pick up drop off location for the children that live within the 3 mile range. The buses pass these 3 mile locations before they reach the children who live 3 + miles from the school.

BRING OUR BUSES BACK HERNANDO!!!

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 11:40 am
  • This is why the schools need tio bus these kids to school. Those roads are way to dangerous for kids to be walking or riding bikes on. I want to see my tax dollars going towards benefiting the louts for a change

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 11:36 am
  • Drunk driver no doubt. Praying the kid makes it – please provide updates, Tom.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 10:38 am
  • This makes me soo angry, people please WATCH out for KIDS!!!! I pray this child is ok.

Wednesday, 7 November 2018, 10:34 am