Child Possibly Struck by Family Member Airlifted to Trauma Center

BROOKSVILLE – The Florida Highway Patrol is investigating an incident at the 21000 block of Truby Road, where a young child was injured after being struck by a car.

According to Brooksville Fire Chief David Freda, a woman claiming to be the mother of her injured child drove to Brooksville Fire Station 61 on Southeast Ave, where paramedics determined it was necessary to have the child airlifted to a trauma center. Bayflite responded to Tom Varn Park on West Jefferson Street, where they airlifted the child to St. Joseph’s Hospital in Tampa. Freda says the child had a serious laceration but was conscious and breathing prior to being transported.

There are unconfirmed reports that the child was struck by an uncle at or near the address on Truby Road. The cause of the accident is currently under investigation.

The child’s exact condition is unknown at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

child 1 child 2 child 3

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Lmfao yup sure am! Church time

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 11:11 pm
  • You call me a stupid bitch then quote god “don’t like the ugly” lol. And I am having trouble reading due to the lack of periods and correctly spelled words…. And your reproducing?

Wednesday, 6 January 2016, 9:29 pm
  • You stupid bitch I swear I know what happened and apparently you can’t read I don’t have to explain my self to some ignorant person that calls their self whiskey face lol as long as God knows the truth I’m good. Got to church and pray for yourself cause you need prayers god don’t like ugly

Tuesday, 5 January 2016, 10:07 am
  • I call BS! First you were at work when this happened and washed your hands of it. Then you were there (and a self proclaimed hero) and scooped up the poor kid and drove to the fire station (faster than a flashing ambulance). I felt horrible for the poor kid initially. But after reading these comments from the family i feel even worse. I hope this little apple falls far from that tree!

Tuesday, 5 January 2016, 6:38 am
  • Wonderful that the baby girl is well and at home, So happy to hear this news Happy New Year and you all did good!

Monday, 4 January 2016, 7:56 pm
  • I guess I am the hero since I’m the one that made the choice to take her myself look she’s up talking walking and being herself. I did that not nobody else.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 7:24 pm
  • I’ll always win and in excuse me my phone did that auto correction. And because y’all ignorant people talking negative about this. And I’m not from da Mac lol and I’m very smart. You think you know it all when your probably the one with no education. Lol so you can kiss my smart *** and go **** yourself how about that.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 6:22 pm
  • All of you keyboard warriors truly need to get over yourselves. Don’t you have anything better to do with your lives than to bully this poor family? Jeez, get a real life and do us all a favor and take a break from the internet and find a different hobby.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 5:51 pm
  • Becky, that is awesome to hear!! Happy New Year!

Monday, 4 January 2016, 5:48 pm
  • Becky, that’s wonderful

Monday, 4 January 2016, 4:45 pm
  • Update on the baby girl. She just got home and is doing really good. Thank you for all the prayers.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 3:05 pm
  • how about you don’t read them and let the rest of us voice our opinions whether good or bad?

Monday, 4 January 2016, 2:23 pm
  • You win. Your logic is irrefutable. You clearly have a higher level of education (being a cna and all)… Keep tootn your own hero horn. ALL HAIL THE HERO CNA FROM DEMAC WHO KNOWS BEST! You would think someone with such superior intellect could have prevented this whole scenario. By the way its choice….. You didn’t make a choose.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 1:07 pm
  • Sure did. And did I Say I landed a f*****g helicopter ? No I didn’t. Did we get in a car accident ? No we didn’t. I’m not waiting for somebody to come help her when I got there faster then they got to my house. CArl you can say what you want I know what I did might not be the right choice but it was a choose I made that saved my daughter.

Monday, 4 January 2016, 5:41 am
  • You know I said to myself finally people posting positive comments not questioning or fighting with each other. But low and behold the negative people had to start questioning and analyzing. The family doesnt need to be badgered by you alls nosey uncalled for negative comments. Please people I dont know this family but there going through enough. Learn when to zip it!!!!!!

Monday, 4 January 2016, 12:39 am
  • You are so right carl. I get a laugh all the time. Oh light turn green also.. ttyl

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 6:14 pm
  • You mean to say you loading up a pediatric trauma patient in your car and driving to the fire station in your car was better than waiting on professionals? What if you got in an accident on the way? First responders can get to you way faster than you can get to them. I’m glad to hear the baby is OK. Hope you never need them again but let PARAMEDICS do their job next time. I didn’t realize CNAs could land helicopters.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 5:20 pm
  • Tom loves the comments section of his site. It’s what brings traffic to his site. I come here to read the comments just to laugh at most of them as most are comical. Everyone has to put in their two cents worth. Well I gotta get back to driving the light just turned green. LoL

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 3:56 pm
  • Thank you Dc. You are right. Idk why they have to say anything at all. It just makes them look like an a**.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 3:52 pm
  • Don’t worry about these idiotic commenters are saying. You did the right thing and your baby is safe now. These people seem to have nothing better to do than be keyboard bullies. You’re a great mom and did what any mother or relative would do in that situation. God bless you and your baby.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 3:11 pm
  • Thank you for all the kind comments and I do agree with John the comment section should be taken off or no negative comments allowed on here. God blessed us greatly by not taking her. Thank you for all the prayers. God Bless all of you.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:46 pm
  • The neighbors did call 911. I was not there I was at work when all this had happened. Sometimes what I’m trained to do don’t cross my mind when my baby girl was hurt my brothers don’t know half the stuff I know about what could have hurt her. He reacted the way and scared uncle would have he thought she was going to die laying down on the ground so he picked her up to comfort her and being a mother and being a cna is totally different my mommy instincts came first. But I still don’t care what any of you got to say I know if we didn’t do what we did she probably could have died. She is alive talking walking and playing around because of what WE did. Not what the emts did they would have got there in 20 minutes when I have got there in 5 minutes. In that 20 minutes that we would have waited she really could have died.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:25 pm
  • I love how these people know everything about what is going on with the little bit of information given in these posts. Always talking about how irresponsible parents are when they were not there. As for the little girl being picked up instead of calling 911- they said in comments 911 was called, but the reaction to pick her up was more of a motherly instinct. In those situations things happen. Leave the family alone. I swear the idiocy of some commenters- those who know it all, have never made mistakes and can condemn others without hypocrisy. I agree with John- maybe comments should be closed.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:01 pm
  • Hey Tom Lemons… How about getting rid of the “comment” section of this web site. Most of the time, folks have nothing but negative and disturbing things to say anyway. No matter what the news story and regardless of who they hurt with their comments. It’s sad but true. I look at this page to see our local news. No one wants to be bombarded with ill thoughts. I pray that the little girl is ok…

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 8:04 am
  • Prayers for little child everything ok

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 6:02 am
  • Food for Thought and Crazy B., my points exactly. I did not question/criticize HOW the ‘accident’ happened. Could have, but didn’t. I only questioned WHY the injured child was moved, and why was 911 NOT called to the site of the accident as there are high risks taken in MOVING THE CHILD. So Christine and Natalie can call off their dogs and chill. GEEEEZE!! Smh..
    As for Jennifer, I’m glad she will be ok, but you were lucky this time and you know it. Angels were with her. And because you ARE a CNA, you should have stuck to what your job training taught you. And NO… I would NOT have done the same thing. I HAVE been in your shoes, twice. I knew enough not to move my daughters. I had to stay out of the way to let the EMT’s handle them in near fatal car crashes where they were ejected from the vehicle. You were just very lucky all the way around. Glad you didn’t have to find out the hard way, and thanks for enlightening us to clear up any speculation.
    No other critical insinuations were even implied in my post. So stick to what was said.

Sunday, 3 January 2016, 2:41 am
  • Justin well first of all I was at work and my brothers was watching her they didn’t get to her in time. Irresponsible never that if I’m not working I’m with my children they have the best love any kids could have. So how about you go f*** yourself. With your irisponsible ignorant ***!!!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 11:10 pm
  • Why I drove to the fire station cause I thought my daughter was gonna die in my arm that’s why. Yes I know it could have caused more damage I’m a cna I know this stuff. But I’m also a mother and I reacted as a mother of my hurt baby. I really don’t care what you have got to say. Like I said before y’all wasn’t there y’all don’t know how we was feeling.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 11:05 pm
  • Why didn’t you call 911 right away not to drive him to the fire station did the person that hit the child didn’t have a DL

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 11:02 pm
  • Thank you for all the positive remarks. My son first thought was to pick her up. And our friend did call 911 but my first thought was she is already moved put her in the car and leave. Just keep praying for our baby girl. God is good and don’t like ugly. Thank you Jesus for taking care of our little girl.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 10:37 pm
  • Why Im always super careful backing out. Seen too many of these as a first responder. Why did the woman drive to a fire station instead of calling 911 ? Moving some one is dangerous if not properly trained and with the proper equipment. You can seriously and easily cause way more damage long term. I hope this child recovers and gets the best medical care possible.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 10:18 pm

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 10:17 pm
  • Well the parents should have been watching the child this is irresponsible.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 10:16 pm
  • i hope your little one recovers fast…prayers to you all

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 9:54 pm
  • This is my cousins grand baby and none of you know this family. The gma works at a daycare and has for many many years. Keep your allegations and comments to yourself if they are negative. It was a total accident!!! This family would take bullets for one another, let alone run a family member over intentionally. You people are pure evil to judge a situation you know NOTHING ABOUT. STOP talking S*** if you DONT KNOW S***! Period. Point blank! I love y’all. Glad baby is safe and well!!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 8:27 pm
  • These are good loving family oriented people. There is no doubt in my mind this was just a horrible accident! Prayers for a speedy recovery!!!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 8:20 pm
  • Madea there’s nothing else to the story. She ran behind the truck like I said and my brother did not see my daughter. The pavement is what hurt her more then the truck. You do not no what had happened and you was not there.. It was first instance of him picking her up that’s his baby his niece he didn’t want anything to happen to her. I’m sure if you was in this predicament you would of did the same thing. So there’s your store.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 7:52 pm
  • My daughter is fine. My brothers was outside with my daughter she happened to run behind the truck as he was backing out. My other brother ran to get her but it was just a little to late. So for anybody trying to say where was the adults y’all can kiss my a** and keep yalls negitivity to yalls self. And thank you to everybody for all the prayers .

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 6:44 pm
  • Regardless “how” it happened… Pray for the child. God will take care of the rest if it was anyone’s fault. Stop putting negativity into a bad situation. We all should pray for the child… That’s most important right now… Not pointing fingers

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 6:19 pm
  • NOT being vicious here, but I think there’s more to this than is being told. To be hit/struck by a car, why was the child even moved? If there was/is a life threatening injury to him/her, it could be made worse by moving the child. Surely they had to know this. Paramedics should have been called to the site of the accident. Hope this child will be ok, and not suffer any further consequences of being prematurely moved. 🙁

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 5:43 pm
  • Hope this child makes a full recovery.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 5:19 pm
  • Prayers for everyone involved. Thank the Lord she is not critical. This sounds like a horrible accident…I pray all involved feel God’s comfort & peace….not guilt.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 5:12 pm
  • Where were the adults? Was she just not noticed? I hope she is OK!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 5:11 pm
  • Sending prayers for her recovery.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 4:05 pm
  • Prayers ?love you guys

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 4:03 pm
  • Thank goodness…15 positive posts! Prayers for a speedy recovery, sweet little angel.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 3:43 pm
  • Yea glad to hear she is not injured critically. I hope she gets well fast.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 3:09 pm
  • Sending prayers

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 3:02 pm
  • Praying lil cuz be alright

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:54 pm
  • Too many people on here say nasty things SOMETIMES before they know the facts…i hope the child will be okay…..:)

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:44 pm
  • Speedy recovery little Angel

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:38 pm
  • Sending prayers and positive thoughts..

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:32 pm
  • Prayers for this child and family.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:27 pm
  • Becky. Let us know how she is doing ,we are praying for her.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:18 pm
  • prayers for a speedy recovery!!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:14 pm
  • We wish her a speedy recovery, poor peanut.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:13 pm
  • Prayers for the family! How old is the little princess?

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:11 pm
  • Best of luck to you and your family. Hope everything turns our fine.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:07 pm
  • Prayers are with this child and the family!

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 2:02 pm
  • It was just an accident. We are at the hospital with her now. Please if you have anything negative to say keep it to yourself. Thank you.

Saturday, 2 January 2016, 1:56 pm