Churchgoers Witness Horrifying Motorcycle Crash – Woman Injured

SPRING HILL – A scary sight for churchgoers of First United Methodist Church, after a horrifying motorcycle crash occurred in front of the church – injuring the driver.

Fire Rescue responded to Spring Hill Drive and Eldridge Road, where they located a woman lying on the ground in front of the church.

One witnesses said the motorcycle seemed to disintegrate in front of her eyes. And that the female driver appeared to be seriously injured.

The injured woman was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment, but the extent of her injuries are unknown at this time.

The Florida Highway Patrol is one the scene, investigating the cause of the crash.

Bike 1 Bike 2 Bike 3

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • SMH KARMA

Sunday, 27 March 2016, 9:41 pm
  • If she is a mother, then maybe she should stop risking her life for the sake of her children. Maybe?

Saturday, 26 March 2016, 2:07 pm
  • I don’t think David has anything else to add to his comment.

Tuesday, 22 March 2016, 9:30 am
  • Prayers for the rider. AS a long time (40+yrs) bike rider I’d come close but never been down, til last fall when a driver pulled put in front of me. all would have been well except that when the drive pulled out onto the street in front of me they immediately slammed onto their brakes and stopped for no apparent reason in the middle of the road. I grabbed my brakes brakes but lost the front end and went down hard. Came to in the ambulance on the way to the hospital, 4 broken ribs and a fractured clavicle. Now I am nearing 70 years old, and for the first time in my life I have been thinking about giving up riding.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 10:26 pm
  • Tony, I am sorry, that was mean ?

Monday, 21 March 2016, 7:35 pm
  • Ya some thing happened to me in Nov, I was riding andnlady pulled out in front of me, said she didn’t see me, I was wearing a reflective vest, I was knocked out and nearly killed, broken ribs, punctured lung, my entire right leg broken beyond repair and now I got rods running thru my bones, if it weren’t for me being a nurse I would have died cause my femur was broken in multiple places, even my left shoulder broke from hitting the ground, worst part hospital nearly finished the job, didn’t give me blood transfusion and I ended up shacking so bad, I blew out my left knee, leaving without a good leg to stand on, so good luck to you chick who crashed

Monday, 21 March 2016, 6:40 pm
  • Tony, it would be worth it to me if you had one!

Monday, 21 March 2016, 6:07 pm
  • Let’s start with the fact that we need to be praying for her well-being as well as her family. As for who’s fault it is as a motorcycle rider with more than 160,000 miles in 15 years and 3 motorcycles under my ass situational awareness is necessary to survive on the highways. If you blame it on the car because it pulled out in front of you did you not see the car sitting there? Was yours view blocked. One must always be prepared and always have a way out. Now mind you they’re going to be those times were you don’t have a way out and you’re going to get hit. 98% of the time you’re going to have a way out. Once again let’s not blame the Rider let’s look at the situation Learn from it and pray that she survives. Let’s also hope the driver learns from this and the people who witness this also paid more attention to us riders.

God bless prayers and hugs ♡♡♡

Monday, 21 March 2016, 5:10 pm
  • You are stereotyping if you say crotch rocket riders speed and Harley riders respect the rules of the road. I ride both and ride no differently when on either bike.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 4:31 pm
  • Praying for a full and speedy recovery for the motorcyclist. From what I’ve seen since we moved to FL in 2005, you have to be mighty brave to ride a bike on these roads. My thoughts are with this woman and her family; she is lucky to have survived — looks like her bike was completely totaled. Hope they catch who was responsible for the accident.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 3:49 pm
  • I Hope that she recovers, I would never ride a motorcycle around here because it’s just to dangerous, You read about bicker accidents for one reason or another almost every day and many of them are killed, Is it really worth it.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 1:48 pm
    • Tony, Is it really worth it? As a rider for many
      years. I would have to say for those of us who truly love to ride… YES! I don’t want to live my life not doing things I love. My question would be more to the people hitting these bikes, was it worth it? Was it worth that phone call, that text msg. arriving 2 mins sooner? If people would just pay attention there would be a lot less of these accidents. People die every day in auto accidents. People drive time and time again under the influence… I ask myself… WHY?

Monday, 21 March 2016, 4:40 pm
  • The reason that most people assume it is the riders fault is 90% of these crotch rocket riders fly like a bat out of hell. I know a lot of Harley riders and they respect the rules of the road. I for one cringe when one of these rice rockets fly past me . I wish all riders would respect the road and understand that when you are on a bike you are simply not as visible as a car period. One more word of advice make sure your pipes are loud enough for people to hear you as when you are in a blind spot of a car drivers cannot hear or see you especially if you come up on someone fast. Prayers for this young lady and her family.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 12:17 pm
  • Rant:
    WHY is it, some people always manage to blame to motorcyclist? Having NO IDEA what may have happened, a woman is in serious/critical condition, and leave it to a “certain type” of person AKA DAVID- to cast stones, rather than wishing well, or at the least actually ASK what happened, SMH. I don’t know, I wasn’t there, but a friend told me a car was actually at fault, and this poor woman paid the price
    I (barely) recognize the bike, we see her riding often, and I’ve never seen her pull a “stunt” .
    Makes me wonder: if your loved one was in this wreck, would you be so quick to place blame? Prob haven’t sitter on a bike since your childhood Huffy.
    Most bike riders are responsible and drive defensively!
    Well wishes to her, and prayers for a FULL RECOVERY.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:28 am
  • I am a woman and I road a bike when I lived in rural Alabama, but NEVER would I ride one here. It is suicide and I always wore a helmet!!!!!

Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:22 am
  • Prayers for this young lady…and Bridgit, good for you! I’m glad your friends saw what happened and you came to this girls defense.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 7:43 am
  • First ,and because I know this woman personally, I have to say to those of you just thinking non sense.. She is not a stunt rider she enjoys the bike she is one of the few I know that respects the bike she wouldn’t even let a passenger get on the back. All my prayers go out to her and her family .pull through and get back out there girl.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 6:07 am
  • I hate when people assume motorcycle accidents happen due negligence of the operator. I’ve considered getting a bike again, but every time I consider it, there’s another accident. I was a very cautious and responsible rider and never got in any accidents. I’ve had my share of close calls though due to people not even seeing me. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had to swerve out of my lane or force myself between 2 cars on the dotted line(very scary) and then get next to that vehicle and the driver isn’t even phased or aware of what just happened. I haven’t purchased another bike simply because other people drive like idiots or shouldn’t be behind the wheel to begin with.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 9:58 pm
  • Please prayer for her and please do not judge. If it’s who I think it is, she is a mother. She has children at home waiting for her. So please pray for her and her family. FYI. Not all people who ride bikes like this do stunts so please do not label. I myself ride a zx9r and I’m almost 42. I do not ride to stunt or speed. I ride because I enjoy riding and I ride along side of my husband. But for the past few weeks since spring break started my bike in parked and covered. I personally will not take a chance riding on these roads because last time I road I almost got hit three times doing nothing but riding in my lane and cars cutting me off and not thinking twice that they did. It’s really sad. So because I want to be there for my kids. My bike is parked and covered til holiday and spring break is over. This rider did not want to wreck, she wanted to get home to her babies. So please don’t judge, just pray for her.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 9:41 pm
    • Why my husband and I decided not to have bikes while our kids were growing up. Thankfully we have a wonderful park system here in Northern Ohio so I look forward to riding my Granddaughters this year. Been riding my own since 96 and my kids were old enough to get by without us. I consider parking mine sometimes but if I do not feel like riding or something tells me not to Stay in a cage at that point. Hated riding in Florida when Hubby first retired trailed bikes down and people in Florida Cannot drive, the aim. Ohio has the most amount of registered bikes I have heard. But I have been Rear ended and know a pencil can block out a motorcycle. I didn’t see them. I am Praying for this woman I don’t know as well as all the people in the world that need Prayers. Be safe and be aware remember the 12 second scan and do it all the time.

Monday, 21 March 2016, 5:58 pm
  • B.S.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 8:58 pm
  • Who was the girl that got injured

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 8:24 pm
  • Could be a mechanical issue, some aftermarket parts arent worth getting even if they are cheap. Hope she will be okay and if she did purchase any recent “upgrades” she could pursue a lawsuit on a defective part.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 8:12 pm
  • Actually for the stupid comment of “I wonder what stunts she was doing”,my 2 firefighter friends who are on vacation,first day there,watched the whole thing happen. And they are the ones who took care of her until fire dept got there. A car pulled out in front of her and crashed into the back of it. So don’t assume she was in the wrong. Get your facts straight.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 8:10 pm
    • I sincerely hope she recovers. I had a similar accident two weeks ago. I seriously wonder if I will ride again. Many people blame the motorcyclist for irrational riding, but I have seen far more cars texting, talking, putting make up on, drinking coffee and just simply not paying attention. Last year I was nearly taken out on HWY 75 as a woman simply weaved over into my lane….

Monday, 21 March 2016, 8:24 pm
  • david as much as i do see bad choices made on bikes thats not always the case. I was hit 3x on my bike and 2x times the people took off. reasons why i sold my bike i enjoyed so much. one time i was sitting on my bike in a parking spot lady zoomed in not paying attention and knocked me right off my bike and tried to blame it on me saying i was parked between 2 cars on a small vehicle up to the curb. im like who pulls into a parking spot with out looking. the one guy hit me on us19 pulled into the lane i was in and drove off told deputies he didnt hit anyone at 1st changed it to i must of hit him but why did he drive off and they found him 3 miles up the road so he got the citation. another a drunk guy went through a light hit my front tire luckily no one behind me ran me over. after that i put my bike at 30 percent of purchase price next day sold it in maybe a few hours max. bikes are amazing and fun. its just generally how long before some one hits you and from my experience on the road they drive off 100 percent of the time. aka hit n run. not saying that happened here but it happens . if you dont think there are bad drivers out there get on the road youll see people change lanes right to left back to right several times in a minute. you would swear some people driving must be steering the wheel with their mouths while having a seizure and legally blind with 1 leg thats a home made pvc prosthetic. and another thing mr david sir seeing you probably never rode a bike theres a bunch of things that can take out a bike. something slick in the road spilled by a transport truck or dumped by another vehicle. hit some sugar sand with your car its no big deal never notice it hit it with a bike its trouble or get wacked by a big beetle at 45mph and its like getting slugged by a fast ball in the head they will actually crack your visor easily again hit one with your sedan and never notice it.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 8:10 pm
  • Wishing good thoughts

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 7:51 pm
  • prayers for her

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 7:32 pm
  • Hopefully she’ll recover, and hopefully that helmet was on her head.

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 6:48 pm
  • Prays for my babygirl , stay strong .

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 6:41 pm
  • Wow no way another biker Down. No other cars involved ? Hmm wonder what stunts she was doing

Sunday, 20 March 2016, 6:28 pm