Citizen’s Heroic Efforts Save Woman’s Life After Rollover Accident – VIDEO

SPRING HILL – A woman is lucky to be alive today, after the minivan she was driving overturned at the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Kass Circle – partially ejected her body, and trapping her under the vehicle.

Several witnesses at the scene rushed to the woman’s aid and held the van off of her body until Fire Rescue could arrive on scene. A young child was pulled from the vehicle but did not appear to be injured. As a precaution, the child was transported to Bayonet Point for observation.

Nurses Shallun Dennis and Ashley Alleva say the woman may not have survived the crash, if not for the heroic actions of local citizens. Alleva estimates that at least 10 to 15 people held the roof of the van off of the victim’s head until firefighters could shore up the van. According to Alleva, the woman appeared to have sustained serious injuries, but was conscious and breathing during the rescue operation.

The victim was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment, where her condition remains unknown at this time.

Witnesses say the driver of the Bronze Buick was turning onto Spring Hill Drive from Kass Circle when she struck the minivan broad side, causing it to flip. The driver of the Buick was not injured.

Over 2 Over 3 over 4 over 5 over 6 Over1

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Debbie I most certainly do owe you, your husband and all that helped save my life and my son that horrific day. I would very much like to meet. Not sure how to contact you but you may contact me at [email protected] anytime and we can exchange numbers that way.

Friday, 23 October 2015, 3:12 am
  • Beth, First I have to say I’m so happy to know you’re Ok. I’ve thought about you and AJ constantly since the accident.. I know that you may not remember us because of all you were going through, but my husband Shawn was the person that was helping you immediately after. He is a paramedic with the county and we happened to be right behind you on Spring Hill Dr. I was the one who told you AJ was OK and safe. I’m not sure who got him out of the van, I just know a man handed him to me and I held him until the paramedics were ready to transport him. You don’t owe us any thanks, I am glad I could be of some comfort to him while going through something so scary, He is such a sweet little boy and we would love to see you both when you’re feeling better. Please contact me.

Saturday, 10 October 2015, 8:37 pm
  • God bless youBeth so happy you and your baby were rescued by so many heros that day.There are GOOD people out there,unfortunately we have ignorant and uncaring people too. I wish you and your family well.

Saturday, 10 October 2015, 2:41 pm
  • My name is Beth. I just had to take a moment and with everything that I am thank everyone that saved my life and helped my baby boy. Since being freed from my nightmare i have relived it every time my eyes closed and the only comfort i’ve had is knowing my child is ok thanks to those who stopped and that so many people selflessly helped a stranger. I would very much like the opportunity to one day meet my heros and thank them in person. I also want to thank the men and women of the fire department who got me out of the car, it may be their job but it is not an easy or safe occupation and take a person of incredible character to do what they do. I don’t know the extent of my injuries as of yet but no matter what they end up being I am grateful that I still have the opportunity to be there for my son and help him grow up into a man which I would not be able to do with the amazing people who helped me.

Saturday, 10 October 2015, 7:51 am
  • Hi there, just one quick thing… HOW DO YOU FLIP OVER A SCION XB??? And another thing, that certainly is not a minivan… just saying.

Friday, 9 October 2015, 9:30 pm
  • Joe i agree…but I’m curious, if more people helped and they flipped the vehicle back right would it have made it worse…not trying blame anybody or start argument im just actually curious. you know how sometimes medical folk say moving people at the wrong time will make it worse, just wondering if that applies here or would it been better for them to flip it back or at least try to pull her out. Probably best left to professionals but you never know what’s gonna happen next. Good job everybody who helped. I’m glad there’s still folks out there who still care for their neighbors and don’t just think the worst of everybody from behind their computer screen. And what does a voter have to do with the world going to hell? Are you saying its the presidents fault? Yall do realize there’s not much president obama can do without congress say so. He has a total of three actions, i think, he can take without congresses approval.There’s always going to be bad things happening and bad people running around you can’t always blame the president for everything going wrong. Did he create the bad weather that claims hundreds of lives a year?

Friday, 9 October 2015, 3:02 am
  • The lady is home and doing well. Very sore and bruised. Her son literally has one scratch on him. My personal and heartfelt thanks to each and everyone who helped my daughter and grandson today. Thank you all for saving Beth.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 10:06 pm
    • So glad that they’re both doing well! 🙂

Friday, 9 October 2015, 7:15 am
    • Hello Ruby. I am so happy Beth is doing better! I was the other nurse on the scene along with the nurse who was calling you and keeping you informed. I want you to know that a lot of prayers were said from my family to yours last night. I am happy to have been there to help your daughter and grandson and I hope that she will make a full recovery. God was on their side yesterday! God bless yo and your family

Friday, 9 October 2015, 2:26 pm
  • Thank you to the citizens who put their phones away and actually stepped up to help out in time of need and of course thank you to the firefighters who save these people every day.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 9:32 pm
  • So proud my son Sean was one of the young men holding this heavy vehicle off of this woman and may have helped saved her life!

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 9:29 pm
    • you have a great son there may he continue life by helping others

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 11:03 pm
  • So proud of our citizens stepping up! And thank you rescue workers! Praying for victims! ♡

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 8:31 pm
  • Prayers

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 8:00 pm
  • Hey STFU
    BEEN here fer 8 generations ain’t goin no where just sittin back watchin all the excitement
    Never ever seen as many ROLLOVERS as ur community has
    So take ur title and ur attitude back where it came from
    Maybe u haven’t notice the whole planet is goin to crap but with voters like urself running around upset over the truth
    So be it

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 7:49 pm
  • Get these careless impatient old fks off the road!

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 7:40 pm
  • I’m so lucky to have suck a great boy friend who was in vehicle behind her immediately he stopped and him in the first five people lifted the man off of her then they got the baby out and there baby was safe since this happened earlier my boyfriends had her thoughts and his head of exactly what just happened everyone’s lucky to have been there to help this lady and her child I feel so bad and thank you Justin Holmstrand for being at the right spot at the right time today. Prayers for all them involved an that helped in this traffic accident.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 7:11 pm
  • Thanks Tom,without u we would be very uninformed!!?

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 7:03 pm
  • Prayers for all involved,hope everyone is ok. I agree with u Eskimo boat.I wouldn’t want anyone filming me,they are just stupid .Thank you to all the people that held the car off her til rescue arrived Good job people and rescue team,,

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 7:01 pm
  • Most of the people on this site that comment are just plain d***heads,i wish all you d***heads would be the ones under that van,skinny im not originaly from here as most people arent but last time i checked greyhound still has buses running outbound,im sure we can get a go fund me account to get rid of you and your other idiot friends that just bitch how terrible it is here,go checkout paso or hillsboro for now till you can take your sissy a** back to the fantasyland you came from where people walk on water,and all people are perfect.i guess back where you came from not only is there no such thing as crime but there are obvisouly no ACCIDENTS either,perfect drivers too wow why on earth did you leave in the first place?duces biotch.

Thank god for all the people that were there to help.best wishs to all involved.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 6:54 pm
  • This poor woman. Theres at least 40 people standing there watching this. Some filming?! Why would you want to watch and or film someone on the worst day of their life? Its not your job to film this. Tom has that covered (its his job)… Could you imagine being in her shoes and looking up to see a crowd of people this big filming you?! Spring hills finest! 34606!

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 5:40 pm
    • Are you the lady that you got into with the man for doing that? You were right to speak up to him.

Friday, 9 October 2015, 3:19 am
  • Thank God for good caring people that helped

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 4:49 pm
  • Hey Grandma, how about leaving the Buick in the car port and get a walk behind shopping cart for your errands?!?

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 4:29 pm
  • Thank God people were there to help please keep us updated if you get any information

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 4:17 pm
  • Impatience
    Rude
    Careless
    No consideration
    No respect
    No common sense
    Wreckless drivers
    Back to normal in spring hill
    Glad u people have such an outstanding group of first responders
    Prayers to All

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 4:12 pm
  • It’s so nice to hear of good deeds being done by Hernando County citizens. A tragic situation and good people stepping up.
    My prayers are with all involved in the accident.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 3:15 pm
  • Sending prayers

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 2:57 pm
  • looks like they’re waiting for a parade

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 2:30 pm
  • Great job to everyone who helped… Only correction is that the overturned vehicle was a scion xb not a mini van

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 2:12 pm
  • I REALLY wish they would put a traffic signal there. Very dangerous intersection! Will pray for the recovery of this mom & child

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 1:59 pm
  • Great job everyone! Hopefully everyone is OK. Good to see the community helping.

Thursday, 8 October 2015, 1:28 pm