Collision Involving Wrong-Way Driver Injures One, BPD Orders Blood Draw

BROOKSVILLE – Officers with the Brooksville Police Department are investigating a crash at the intersection of Cobb Road and West Jefferson, after reports that a driver was traveling the wrong direction prior to the collision.

According to BPD Captain Rick Hankins, a witness followed the black sedan (pictured below) as it drove the wrong way on Jefferson Street until it collided with a vehicle at the intersection.

Hankins says a blood draw has been ordered, due to suspicion that the driver may be under the influence.

Officers were seen inspecting several pill bottles during the crash investigation.

The suspect driver is the only one to sustain minor injuries in the collision.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

meds 1 meds 2 meds 3

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Another day…another pill head driving….won’t be long till her friends stick up for her…sh sh sheez aaaaah g g g g good peo pursssssun sooooo sheeeeeeee neeeeedz dem pilllllssssz…GO GET CLEAN….DO AWAY WITH THOSE FAKE PAINS AND MENTAL STRESS….

Friday, 20 May 2016, 3:28 pm
  • My nephew was hit on the road where we lived in 2004 and even though he was injured enough to be flown to All Childrens hospital for trauma,where he later died,the driver was never tested because law enforcemen felt that he didn’t appear to be under the influence.I later found out that their toddler was in D.C.F because he had ingested drugs that were on their living room table and it seemed as if the law enforcement did not find that out.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 1:04 pm
  • After mandatory drug test,they should outlaw stupid posts like yours,then why not just searchs and raids at will who needs rights and freedom anyway,any other great ideas jack***?

Friday, 20 May 2016, 10:48 am
    • It seems you have a problem with basic reading comprehension.

When a person receives a Florida drivers license, they (the recipient) are agreeing with implied consent, to submitting to a field sobriety test, if a law enforcement officer requests it of them. The driver does have a *right* to refuse, however, choosing that options has consequences, including a suspension of their license for up to a year.

This is not conjecture or opinion; it’s part of Florida statutes as applied to drivers licenses’.

Driving is a privilege, not an inherent right. It is a privilege that comes with responsibilities, among them, to not driver impaired, to have auto insurance and to abide by the rules and laws while operating a motor vehicle.

Now, here’s a thought for you: Look up ‘hyperbole’ and consider how it applies to your post.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 3:14 pm
  • N lee u talk to much. I think u need a mandatory blood draw from ur lip. Go hang out with tony. U crybaby wimp.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 8:15 pm
    • tiffiny: Your suggestions is noted. However I’ll continue to express myself as I want about those events which I choose. You however might want to consider getting your GED. Yes, it might be a real stretch for your apparent limited abilities, but imagine all the fun you could have learning the whole alphabet?

Friday, 20 May 2016, 10:17 am
  • Well go hide in your house Tony!

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:01 pm
  • If it’s not already standard policy, it should be: Every driver involved in an accident *must* get a sobriety test AND mandatory blood draw.

Just recently there have been serious accidents, even including a fatality, where it appears that neither a FST or immediate blood draw, were done. This opens up the question of whether or not different procedures are subjectively enforced, depending on connections or personal bias. Neither are in the best interest of the public.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 4:14 pm
    • Are you for real?? every accident?, you my friend need not to be driving, and your an a$$, for thinking that, what a little injured child in a car gets a blood draw, what about the dog?

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:48 pm
      • Maybe you caused those accidents, did they draw your blood?, did you get away with it?, Guilt kicking in?

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 9:51 pm
        • WTF: Perhaps your comprehension level is as stunted and limited as your ability to express yourself. Read my comment again. I said ‘drivers’ should be tested, not children, not passengers, not dogs. Also, just a random guess, but perhaps are your posting while intoxicated?

Friday, 20 May 2016, 10:16 am
  • This place has become a very dangerous to drive, It’s like off the wall accidents everyday and those are only the ones that are reported here, I’m pretty sure that there are more that go unreported, It’s gotten ridiculous.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:11 pm
  • Tom Lemons, will you be doing an article on that big drug bust that took
    place at 8420 Elgrove St, last week on May 12th?

Hopefully BPD also counted the pills in the bottles!
    It looks like several bottles sitting there.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 12:31 pm
    • To: WTF and tiffiny:

Friday, 20 May 2016, 7:56 am
  • I am the witness that followed the driver and called 911. The drivers injuries were not from the accident which was thankfully minor, but likely from a domestic dispute with her boyfriend and his mistress. This is at least what she told me. She was seriously impaired; however I cant be sure if thats from the head injury she had from her fight or the prescription drugs responders found in her vehicle. I posted this on my facebook page if anyone would like to take a look.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 12:09 pm