Convicted Felon Caught with Gun, Kevlar, Mask, Gloves, Says, “I’m From New Jersey, It’s Winter…”

SPRING HILL – A convicted felon found in possession of a firearm, Kevlar vest and a mask had plenty of excuses but in the end, he still ended up behind bars.

According to officials, Sheriff’s Deputies responded to the area of Canterbury Street, during the early morning hours Sunday, after an anonymous tipster reported seeing several vehicles parked near 8021 Canterbury Street. Upon arrival, deputies made contact with New Jersey native, 26-year-old Edward Lemkul who was acting nervous and reaching into his pockets. A search of his person revealed a pair of latex gloves, a screwdriver, and a black mask. Lemkul was also wearing a Kevlar vest, which he claimed was used for playing paintball. When Deputies asked about the mask, Lemkul replied “I am from New Jersey, It is winter up there.” Deputies reminded Lenkul that he was in Florida, where it is much warmer than New Jersey.

A search of Lemkul’s vehicle revealed a loaded 9mm Smith & Wesson, along with additional ammunition.

Finally, when asked what Lemkul was doing in the area, he state that he was just visiting friends, however, no one in the area recognized Lemkul.

Lemkul was taken into custody and charged with Possession of a Firearm/Ammo by a Convicted Felon and Burglary Tools.

Bond was initially set at $22,000 but accorinding to the Jail Website, Lemkul’s bond is listed as $85,000.

Comments
  • The NJ comment was the excuse the perp gave….. Not a bashing of Northerners! This is a house of prostitution and drugs!!! The sooner the police bust them all regardless of their state of origin the betterr the neighborhood will be!!!

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 10:56 am
  • unbelievable wins the dumbest comment of the year …..without tourists florida would starve to death …..the only native i know is my wife and two of my kids ….and as far as the retirees pumping up the local economy with pensions , pray they stay …..

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 4:42 pm
  • When you go to NJ, just about everyone carries a gun and wears a black mask and bullet proof vest. Picking their nose for breakfast and being a felon is a tradition.

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 10:57 am
    • REALLY ???????? I LIVED IN PRINCETON BEFORE MOVING HERE AND I AM WILLING TO BET YOU COULD NOT AFFORD THE TAXES LET ALONE THE MORTGAGE

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 1:56 pm
    • OMG…..I am ROTFLMO! Humorous, but absolutely ridiculous! Next time I visit beautiful Greenwood Lake I better put my vest on as I guess I have been lucky to escape this so called den of iniquity on my many eventless visits to Jersey. I am not from Jersey!

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 10:14 pm
      • RE war on drugs , you mean you went more than once ???? W/O a police escort 🙂

Friday, 9 February 2018, 9:55 am
  • hey wattsa matter you Ima from jersey too !! This punk prolly got too many butt whuppins in jersey and had to leave !!I have been here 15 years and love this area ,but I am on the golf course 5 days a week 🙂

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 10:14 am
  • To the post from War on Drugs, you are correct you are spot on We Are All American brothers and sisters whether we want to accept it acknowledge it or not we are who we are because God chose us to be and I’m damn sick of all the stereotyping I am a native Floridian and it doesn’t matter to me what color you are or where you’re from every person is an individual all capable of being good or evil it’s about choices and to all you folks out there who hate Northerners I worked in the restaurant business for many many years in the best tippers on the planet Earth or from New York so put that in your pipe and smoke it and this is coming from a native Florida boy please quit with the stereotyping people

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 9:52 am
    • Thank you! I think you are all wonderful also. Always a few exceptions to the rule. Idiots are everywhere in every state.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 10:17 pm
  • Just another useless loser that ended up in the area keep him !

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 8:08 am
  • If it’s so great up north, then why are all y’all down here? WELCOME, we love you too!

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 6:49 am
    • Because we love you too❤️ You do have beautiful winters! Spread the LOVE!

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:45 pm
  • How bout this, just hangem, no need to shootem. Question, what would he have done to you if caught by you in your own home? Need to get serious on these life criminals……..

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 4:24 am
  • Typical POS from New Jersey.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 11:22 pm
    • if it wasnt for us yanks you would still be useing an out house

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 5:31 pm
  • Go back to NJ you piece of sh..

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 10:51 pm
  • Great catch. HCSO

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 9:34 pm
  • Good going fellows. Got something correct.
    A few days ago he could have done better with that statement.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 9:25 pm
  • Wow I guess Sh*t really Does Roll Down Hill : (

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 9:09 pm
  • Trump needs to build that wall around the northern states and keep the garbage out of Florida. Florida needs to do a visitors pass good only for vacation time and then send northerners back home. By the way where can I get a kevlar vest to protect myself from these clowns??

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 8:53 pm
    • The only thing I agree with you on is he is a piece of garbage. Your comment is quite ignorant to say the least. You go ahead and put that wall up and all the GOOD UPSTANDING Northerners like myself will pack up all our businesses, Disney, theme parks, hotels and restaurants will go out of business (a very large portion of your economy) which will crash and burn! I just can’t understand the mindset like that. . I can’t wrap my head around it. Maybe, it is a sign of higher intelligence. Have you ever spent time up North? It seems it is more of a jealousy thing and it is beyond ridiculous! In all my years living in New York I never heard a single person down another American because they were from the South. It was never a thought. I come down here and on the rare occasion I hear this garbage. It baffles me! Don’t get me wrong I have been here a very long time and have many close friends who are born and bred here and I truly love each of them! You see they got to know me just as I did them. So you go ahead and petition to have that wall built and pray for isolation because as they always say United We Stand and Divided We Fall!! I agree crime is a major problem we are dealing with throughout our nation, however; the division of this country by those who are still fighting the Civil War in their minds seems to be a greater problem!!! Something to think about while ya’ll eat your grits in the morning:)

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 10:30 pm
      • Calm down there Yank. Its only a comment

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 4:25 am
        • 😉 Bethy

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 4:20 pm
        • tell it like it is sweetheart !!!!!!!!!!!! 🙂

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 2:37 pm
        • Yeah ya might hang me…lmao! 😀😀😀

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:48 pm
      • No more Disney, theme parks, hotels and restaurants? YAY!!!!!!! Start packing!!!!

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 6:09 am
        • Get rid of Mickey Mouse??? Now that’s harsh!!! You attack against me is hysterical….your attack against Mickey Mouse and good eating….well Just DEVASTATING!!! Lol

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 10:06 pm
      • I think your “higher intelligences” may be slipping a bit. You didn’t get subtle humor.

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 8:26 am
        • No, highly unlikely….but humorous on that same token.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:51 pm
      • Thank you “War on drugs” I am also from New York and I so appreciate all you said here! I could not have said it better. I cringe every time I hear it’s all the northerners. I work and help all people. I don’t care where you’re from. I help all.

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 9:12 am
        • Your right just north east people are rude ect…..

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 3:18 pm
        • Your very welcome. I listen to the comments and I think God Grant me the Serenity to accept the things I can not change….like ridiculous stereotyping.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:54 pm
        • Ditto, but it is obviously clear that maybe, we are not the ones with the attitude problems! This makarchy does make me chucklle

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 10:02 pm
      • Only the north east has a big attitude problem… I like grits and we eat in the upper Midwest…. ❄

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 3:22 pm
        • I’m certainly not…or my reply to you would have been quite different. Anyhow, have a wonderful evening and a great weekend.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 9:56 pm
        • I’ll make you some good old home fries, loaded with onions, bacon and garlic. Great hospitality and I promise not to be RUDE! Yes, Ketchup is optional and yes we do put ketchup on our home fries (and hotdogs). I promise it will help you cross to the other side……no guarantees on your stomach though😀.

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 10:53 pm
          • Glad to how how you eat i thought you ate out of a troff sp lmbo sounds good though….

Friday, 9 February 2018, 4:55 pm
      • well said

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 5:35 pm
    • ask your girlfriend…as known as your momma!!!

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 10:31 pm
    • Walls work. Think about all the pills that emanate from the Florida pill mills that wouldn’t make it north to ruin lives. Yeah build that wall and have Florida pay for it!

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 8:47 am
      • Yankitt, think about all that heroin you scumbags bring down here from up north up north.

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 8:13 am
  • so this is spring hill…where to now, any suggestions?

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 8:44 pm