Deputy Involved Injury Crash – Spring Hill Drive and Mariner Blvd

SPRING HILL – Fire Rescue responded to the intersection of Spring Hill Drive and Mariner Blvd this evening, after reports of a Deputy involved vehicle crash.

According to witnesses, a Sheriff’s Deputy was traveling southbound on Mariner Blvd, with lights and sirens activated, when he was struck broadside by a vehicle traveling eastbound on Spring Hill Drive.

The Deputy did not appear to be seriously injured but he was transported to an area hospital for treatment.

The two occupants of the grey Nissan, an adult female and infant child were not injured.

There are no further details at this time.

cop1 Cop2 cop3 cop4

Lowman Featured

Comments
  • I was the one driving the nissan above with my 1 year old in the back. I seriously hurt my neck and back and after two years of therapy and doctor visits that i still goto, i still have two bulging disks in my neck and deal with pain off and on. It was a serious accident but im very glad we are alive! Since the accident i have anxiety crossing that intersection and even though i shouldnt have to, i look both ways before going through a green light. It changed my life for sure, and i will never forget that night. EVER!

Friday, 9 June 2017, 2:59 pm
  • Someone please explain to me, looking at the pics, the damage to and amount of on each of the vehicles, why there are countless “deputies” around the brother and the female driver and infant are sitting on the curb alone? Just curious.

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 11:36 am
  • Deputies are never at fault….I saw put his lights on and ran a red light and turned them off…

Wednesday, 19 August 2015, 12:06 am
  • “Witness Says” above. Is that simply your screen? Or did you witness the accident?

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 4:36 pm
  • The sheriffs deputies are not using their sirens..I see it all the time as I work at a that intersection.Too many of the younger deputies are not using there common sense.I wonder if the sheriff knows that there going lights and sirens like this when its dangerous road conditions and not using there sirens!! He would be at fault in the accident.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 4:10 pm
  • So who is in the wrong in this one.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 2:21 pm
  • I do stand by Nissan safety systems, and properly installed car seats.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 12:43 pm
  • AMY ,THANK GOD FOR THAT ,THAT IS SOME SERIOUS DAMAGE !!!

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 11:50 am
  • Let’s be clear, no sirens, the sheriff’s lights were turned on at the intersection and proceeded through the red light, the Nissan was shielded by 2 lanes of turning traffic from view, and it was wet from the rain. Nissan had a green. I really wish the stories posted were correct in there details. I heard both witnesses.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 11:38 am
  • God was with my babies last night! This was my daughter & grandbaby, driving the Nissan. So thankful no serious injuries occurred. She was in such a shock, she couldn’t tell if she was hurt. By the time she got home, she was in a lot of pain so was instructed to go to the hospital. The baby is just fine. Sorry for all involved & praying my girl feels better soon. Thank you to all the nice people that helped her & the baby.

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 10:09 am
  • Well at least no one died…..

Tuesday, 18 August 2015, 8:13 am
  • That’s a bad intersection !!! My daughter was a passenger in a pick up truck , they had the green arrow to turn, and a woman talking on her cell phone blew through the red light…..head on collision. My daughters seat belt broke and she went through the windshield. We were picking glass out of her skull for months. PAY ATTENTION PEOPLE !!!!

Monday, 17 August 2015, 11:24 pm
  • Well either way it happened…just glad all is ok and safe

Monday, 17 August 2015, 11:18 pm
  • It’s a miracle the occupants of the Nissan weren’t injured.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 10:45 pm
  • Glad no one was seriously injured…and where ever the sheriff was head all worked out

Monday, 17 August 2015, 10:44 pm
  • The other vehicle was traveling eastbound on spring hill drive and struck the rear passenger side of the sheriffs vehicle.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 10:42 pm
  • Based on the damage shown in the pictures,
    the narrative regarding the directions the vehicles is incorrect.

Monday, 17 August 2015, 10:38 pm