Detectives Investigating Two Crimes Scenes After Aggravated Battery, One In Custody

MASSARYKTOWN – One person is in custody after an altercation on Jenkins Ave turned violent, leaving the victim with severe injuries.

The Sheriff’s Office has established two crime scenes in relation to the incident; one at 316 Jenkins Ave, where the incident occurred, and the second at 405 Broad Street, where the suspect was taken into custody.

According to unconfirmed reports, the suspect may have used a bat to attack the victim, and sources say he/she may not survive.

Officials are not commenting on the details of the case and will only confirm than an aggravated battery investigation is under way.

Comments
  • Any updates as of yet? I know my uncle may have rubbed people the wrong way, but I know one thing is for sure he must of had a valid reason for something of that nature.

Tuesday, 19 June 2018, 2:32 pm
  • Good old Corey (or whatever name he uses) Kitterman. This guy has a history of more than 20 arrests for various things. Hopefully he will spend many many years in the state prison at Starke this time. He has done more wrong to people I know than you can ever imagine. Corey, if you see this I want you to know that I am smiling big right now. I am concerned for the health of the person you attacked. I hope that person does survive. Corey……….Buh Bye!

Saturday, 21 April 2018, 8:53 pm
    • Hey now, don’t be doggin the dude cause he was bangin your wife, lol

Tuesday, 24 April 2018, 9:34 pm
  • To wtfudge
    You are so right. My mom is too.

Friday, 20 April 2018, 6:48 am
  • It says here that am altercation took place on Jenkins. Wrong! I’m the girlfriend of the suspect who witnessed the entire incident. The only altercation that took place was at 405 Broad St. after the victim and 2 others crossed through our front yard going to the store After leaving the store all 3 of them proceeded to cross again through our front yard, this time getting closer to the house and yelling profanity. He went out front door, asked them all to stay off his property . Words were exchanged, the victim them dropped all 3 12packs of soda he was carrying in our driveway and drew back to hit suspect. That’s when suspect hit first. The victim then got up, picked up the 12packs and walked away North bound on Broad St. I don’t know what kind of a story they gave t, but my side is the truth!!!!

Wednesday, 18 April 2018, 11:15 pm
  • Tom, any updates yet?

Wednesday, 18 April 2018, 8:24 pm
  • This is the reason that alcohol is the 2nd dangerous drugs after meth. Get rid of it and replace it with marijuana, I don’t do either but I would pick weed anyway. Blessings to the poor lady who got beat.

Wednesday, 18 April 2018, 7:47 pm
    • So True

Thursday, 19 April 2018, 2:36 pm
  • where’s jeff Holcomb when you need him? crime in masaryktown is getting way out of hand, been goin on to long.

Wednesday, 18 April 2018, 7:42 am
    • Crime is out of control in this entire county! My parents must be rolling in their graves to see what’s happened to this once peaceful community…very sad indeed.

Wednesday, 18 April 2018, 1:59 pm