DEVELOPING: Dozens of Animals Impounded from Brooksville Property

BROOKSVILLE – Hernando County Animal Control Officers and several Sheriff’s Deputies are on scene at a residence on Neff Lake Road, where sources say over 85 dogs were impounded today.

The residence is located at 4300 block of Neff Lake Road, just north of Powell Road.

Officials say they are still actively investigating the case and that a full report should be available tomorrow.

It is unknown if the owners will face charges at this time.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

Comments
  • Thank God I got my god damn cats outta there before that happened!! Anyway, all the dogs and cats were fed, watered, and cared for every day!! The neighbors were just pricks that didn’t like the barking spooking the livestock! No animals were mistreated!! Our cats were safe there, too! She even said to me and my mother, that if they take the dogs she’d shoot herself! She cared for the homeless’ dogs, military family’s dogs, too! She was a rescue, not a

Friday, 22 June 2018, 5:18 pm
  • Really people it doesn’t matter if she is a hoarder or not. She was taking good care of those dogs that could have been running lose on the streets fending for themselves being abused or worse hit by cars. God bless her for doing the best she could for the dogs. At least she cared enough to take them all in.

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 12:50 pm
  • Fox news, channel 13 also did a story on this. Animal Control said that the dogs and cats were being fed and watered properly. And that they were basically in good shape. The problem lies with the housing. Not enough money or staff to properly cage these animals. This lady just needed more help taking care of them. I don’t believe in any way that she meant any harm to come to these animals, but it’s probably a good thing that they are being taken care of somewhere else now. So sad, because people are trying to do good things, but don’t always have the resources or funding to do them.

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 9:05 am
  • please let us know where the dogs will be taken. Thank you

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 7:43 am
  • I have personally volunteered out there many times and if you look up her website you will see her dogs (as mentioned) were all fat,healthy and happy.Everyday each dog was let out to run and play and was fed two bowls of food with 2 cookies on top,their water buckets were taken out and wiped clean each day and filled with fresh water and poop removed from kennel.They were taken to the vet when needed,they were all on flea meds and vaccinated.She took them to adoption events….You would see a chair in random kennels and that’s where she would sit and visit.Shes not a hoarder,she just got in over her head.All those dogs out there (except 2) are very friendly and highly adoptable.You can ask her about each and every one and she will tell ya all about them.In her mind she was helping homeless people,homeless dogs and military fosters.She wanted to help anyone in need.She dedicated her life to those dogs,she loves them all.None of those dogs are FIGHTING METERIAL.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 11:55 pm
  • anyone that 3or4 dogs there is a problem think about it,they really cant care for them! heart worm ,all the shots flea meads,liceneses Hell I take better care of my dog than I do myself!!!

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 10:30 pm
  • Can you imagine what it would cost to care for that many dogs?? After picking up nearly 100 animals on Kildeer where are all those animals going to be housed. How sad.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 8:38 pm
    • where was the story from Kildeer? never heard of that one.

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 7:38 am
  • she needs help…

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 7:42 pm
  • This woman has been a hoarder for YEARS. Numerous complaints since at least 2014. Glad they finally did something.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 6:51 pm
  • Please find out more and let us know!

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 6:16 pm
    • What do you want to know?

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 9:38 pm
  • The country posted a video of a few. Mostly mixed breeds that look to be in decent shape, so not a hoarder. Classic dog fighting material.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 5:36 pm
    • And are we a classic dog fighter Sophia? I didn’t know they fought mutts. That’s news to me.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 9:16 pm
    • Glad I was wrong on this one. But we are talking Brookville, so it was a good guess.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 9:36 pm
    • No she’s a hoarder that’s in way over hear head. I am a neighbor speaking the truth from what I’ve witnessed. Thank God somethings finally been done.

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 9:37 pm
  • I lived on Neff lake and I believe there is animal shelter in that same area

Wednesday, 13 June 2018, 5:35 pm
    • She was a rescue, in another article someone mentioned the name of it

Thursday, 14 June 2018, 6:52 am