DEVELOPING: One Person Stabbed, Airlifted to Trauma Center

BROOKSVILLE – Information is still developing but there are unconfirmed reports of a stabbing that occurred at a residence on Culbreath Road, just after 5:00 p.m. today.

According to sources, deputies responded to 4066 Culbreath Road after receiving reports that a man was having a psychotic episode and that he had stabbed a male victim.

Fire Rescue responded to the scene and transported the victim to a landing zone, where he was airlifted to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment. The victim’s condition is unknown at this time.

The suspect also sustained injuries and was transported locally for treatment.

One man (pictured below) was seen exiting the residence covered in blood. We do not know his relation to the victim or suspect.

We will bring more on this story as it develops.

stabbing-1 stabbing-2 stabbing-3

Comments
  • Jason Cole Breaux, 38 yoa, was arrested at his home, 4066 Culbreath RD at 9:49 P.M. on 9/17/2016.
    Charges: Agg/Batt with a deadly weapon and Agg/Batt on a person 65+ $15,0000. bond.
    No contact with victim.
    Who is the victim?

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 3:09 pm
  • Boredstiff, Soo the people that have moved here are the cause of the bad care that you get in the hospitals? That is a really stupid post. Obviously you have never had a broken bone and been sent out with a splint and now have a completely messed up hand. Lucky you.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 2:44 pm
  • Time for Change ….Just my opnion but this is the devils waiting room. I have had one ER experience here at Bayfront. I personally would prefer my veterinarian’s clinic. The sad part is these are for profit hospitals and nothing to do with the County. Our leaders are to stupid to solicit anything quality.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 8:56 am
  • The county needs to reallocate funds for a “for profit” hospital? I think schools, roads and our emergency responders are a better use of tax money.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 8:46 am
  • Oak Hill will never be a trauma center, for Bayonet belongs to the same company (HCA) and they are too close.
    Timeforchange, apparently you didn’t work in a trauma unit or you don’t know too much about them by your comments. This county doesn’t have a private hospital, and this county doesn’t have any hospital I’d step foot in.
    Oak Hill did kill two of my family members and they’ve botched numerous surgeries on people I know. My dog wouldn’t go there!! When people are airlifted out, there is properly trained staff to help them, something that not one of our facilities in this county can handle, trauma. That is why Bayflight is called in so often…we aren’t ready for trauma at any of our hospitals here with Bayonet only being able to handle the lesser cases of trauma. It’s not a full blown trauma unit either.
    Those who are hoping for a trauma unit in Hernando County are in for a long, long wait. I ain’t gonna happen anytime soon, for a variety of reasons. Because of Bayonet being a trauma unit, Hernando County will never get one.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 8:37 am
  • Timeforchange what are you doing here if it is so good there.Go back don’t come down here turning this place into the shi# hole you left.That is exactly what we have now.I have lived here all my life it was never like this.All we needed was what we have without the NY here.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 8:29 am
  • Speaking of stabbing’s,just heard about the Muslim gone mad in Minnesota mall stabbing 8 people! Screaming about Allah being at the snack bar. On the bright side,cops arrived on scene and quickly facilitated a meeting between Allah and this turd.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 8:05 am
  • Tom…where’s your damn ‘edit’ button buddy…lol!!

Corrections: **this IS Spring Hill/Brooksville
    **the ‘where the hell IS that?’ town…:)

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 6:06 am
  • Timeforachange….this us Spring Hill/Brooksville. The ‘where the hell I’d that?’ town…you will NOT see a Level 1 or 2 Trauma center here anytime soon. I’ve been here 27yrs. Ain’t NOTHIN changed….lmbo.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 6:02 am
  • I fully agree about change. With the past and current self serving county commissioners its time for change all over. Oak Hill could become a level I, but it would take people whom understand the concept and could plan ahead such as visionary Mickey Smith, current CEO. Citizens of Hernando/Spring Hill revolt, stand up to be heard, why does it have to remain business as usual?

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 3:27 am
  • I worked for a Trauma 1 Center in NY for 20 years. Its amazing how we can have all the bandaid hospitals down here, but in reality you have to travel or be airlifted to the necessary hospital for a life threatening situation when in that time.. It could be too late. All these little ones should be combined.. staff should be retrained.. equipment should be bought. This county needs to reallocate funds properly.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 12:02 am
  • he was bleeding out it looked

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 10:47 pm
  • Pretty sad with all the accidents and trama drama we dont have even a level 2 trauma center here in the area….Kind of sad…just shows the quality of Springhill….

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 9:02 pm
    • We NEED to make Oak Hill a trauma center, Bayonet almost killed my husband while Oak HILL saved his life.. They handled it very well when Bayonet had the fire, and I know that for a fact because I was in there during that time..Everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but that is mine!

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 1:29 am
  • Wow
    Wtf is going on with Brooksville?

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 7:05 pm
    • There must be something in the water in Brooksville. Lately people seem to have gone crazy.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 12:05 pm