Downed Power Lines Closes Portions of Citrus Way, Vehicle Crash to Blame

BROOKSVILLE – Fire Rescue is on the scene of a single vehicle crash at the intersection of Citrus Way and Centralia Road.

Sources say a vehicle traveled through the intersection and struck a utility pole, causing power lines to fall across the roadway.

There are unconfirmed reports that Citrus Way is blocked in both directions at this time.

The driver of the vehicle is refused medical treatment.

accident-with-injuries

Comments
  • Driving through the intersection and strikes a utility pole? Speeding, drugs or alcohol or perhaps all three?

Thursday, 3 November 2016, 9:24 pm
    • Or even a cell phone….

Friday, 4 November 2016, 9:39 am
  • Thank God no one was injured. What is wrong with these people that they can’t drive????? Because of all these crashes the insurance rates keep going up for all of us. My insurance premiums went up when I moved to brooksville. When I asked why – I have safe driving record; no tickets or accidents. – my company said it’s based on the number of accident claims in the area.

Thursday, 3 November 2016, 8:53 pm
    • Welcome to the world of No-Fault Insurance … one of the biggest blunders ever made by our lawmakers just to make auto insurance “affordable” for “everyone”. These are the same lawmakers who now have brought you Obamacare to make health insurance “affordable” for “everyone”. Anyone see a pattern here yet besides me?

Thursday, 3 November 2016, 10:47 pm
      • First off, the No Fault Insurance was started in the State of Florida at the request of the INSURANCE INDUSTRY as a way for them to save money. Now they say it was a mistake and want it changed back the way it was. ( Less PROFIT PERHAPS )
        Obama Care is a FEDERAL LAW NOT a State law.

Friday, 4 November 2016, 1:19 pm
      • Yup, I see a pattern. I can’t afford to eat, drive a vehicle, get sick, buy medications AND SOON I WON’T BE ABLE TO SUCK AIR ON MY SOCIAL SECURITY DISABILITY PAYMENTS!!!!!!
        HALLELUJAH