Dramatic Video of Deputy Involved Shooting – Suspect Possible Military Vet

RNRF was on the scene of last night’s tense standoff on Braemere Drive, where deputies shot an armed suspect several times, bringing the situation to an end.

WARNING: The following video contains GRAPHIC IMAGES and some STRONG LANGUAGE.

Comments
  • I have a problem not only with journalist who, on learning it is/maybe a vet, automatically brings up PTSD.l It is early in the fact finding cycle to assume that PTSD may be involved. This has the effect of stigmatizing vets as being crazed lunatics ready to snap at a moments notice. Returning vets have enough troubles finding employment and reestablishing their family to have this label hanging out there as well. Maybe it was PTSD but lest not rush to judgment.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 11:49 am
  • I really hate to see this stuff going on here in my own neighborhood, What Next.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 10:26 am
  • Super job by herandos finest my prayers every night they all come home safe

Monday, 4 May 2015, 8:44 am
  • As if this weren’t bad enough, that stupid woman kept standing there AFTER the officer ORDERED her to go get behind his car!!! That child standing next to her!! smh
    You should NEVER DISOBEY a LEO’S ORDERS or you can go to JAIL for OBSTRUCTION!!
    How DUMB can she be?!?!!

Monday, 4 May 2015, 1:11 am
  • Need to learn to hold the video steadier and better editing of it.
    Why blur the face too ? I hate that.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 12:14 am
  • Sterling hill

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 11:07 pm
  • I live nearby in another neighborhood and heard 7 shots…3, a pause then 4 more right after another. I knew something bad was happening. I said to my husband, “I just heard gun shots nearby”. We wondered what was going on. This was a dangerous situation and we appreciate the deputies’ service to our community and that they were safe. I hope that the husband gets some help and glad that his wife and son are safe.

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 10:24 pm
  • This is sad all the way around. The police were put into a situation of someone brandishing a gun, and allegedly been reported that he had also assaulted his wife. Officers are trained to shoot to kill, b/c they may not get that second shot. It’s sad to think that this person is a Marine dealing with PTSD, and this is what led him to this unexplained behavior. Hopefully he will make a full recovery and be able to get the counseling that he needs and definitely deserves. As far as the dog intervening, I feel this was done as a safety measure, just b/c someone is shot doesn’t mean that they still can’t shoot back. I do however have one question regarding this story…why did it say in the printed article that the wife’s throat was cut, yet in the video you say that she was unharmed? If the wife sustained even a superficial wound to her throat. it’s still inflicted harm. My prayers go out to all involved.

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 10:22 pm
      • Yes Tom, I realize this…however, in your video you state that the wife was unharmed. As I mentioned, a wound to the throat, regardless if it’s a superficial wound, still indicates that this woman was harmed.

Monday, 4 May 2015, 2:36 pm
  • He was down, but sometimes that doesn’t stop them from trying to shoot or attack if they are determined to hurt someone.

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 10:20 pm
  • He was down, why was the dog allowed to bite

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 9:50 pm
  • I agree but it did read graphic video.
    Thank you to our police for making Hernando County a safer place. I couldn’t imagine dealing with what these police officers do on a day to day basis.
    Happy that his wife and son were not harmed and hopefully he will heal from his wounds and then perhaps get the help he needs.

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 9:18 pm
  • I heard three shots fired, not several, the deputies are trained to shoot to stop, not shoot to kill, If i had to guess the deputy shot his legs and maybe one in the center of mass to end the situation, NOT TO KILL

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 9:06 pm
  • Where didoing this happen? Where in Springhill

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 8:53 pm
  • Why let the dog get after they shot him . That a little to much

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 7:20 pm
  • Several shots and the guy is still alive. Guess Sombody needs some more target training.

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 6:53 pm
  • I feel so sad for the whole situation

Sunday, 3 May 2015, 4:46 pm