Dramatic Video Shows Officers Open Fire on Armed Woman, Victim Expected to Survive

BROOKSVILLE – Earlier this evening, RNRF broke the news of a deputy involved shooting that occurred at a residence on Cedar Drive. Officials say the injured woman was transported to a trauma center for treatment and that her injuries are now listed as non life-threatening.

Brooksville Police have confirmed the woman is suicidal and they suspect that her motive was to commit suicide by cop.

RNRF was on scene as the drama unfolded and captured video of the shooting the moment it occurred.

Click the following link or the image below to view video of the incident. Warning, this content may be too disturbing for some viewers.

DEPUTY INVOLVED SHOOTING

Comments
  • Yes there were many shots fired but none of you were there. Did you hear the officers voice when he said he was involved in a shooting ? He is clearly upset , get a life and leave LEO do their job. My husband was a cop in an inner city in NJ and every day there were prayers he would come home safe. During his time he delivered three babies and was respected by the community, today all we do is bash cops , they have a hard job and only a few are brave enough to become a LEO

Tuesday, 22 August 2017, 5:37 am
  • What a selfish piece of trash to try and take another family’s loved one down with her. She is a criminal. Why isn’t her name posted? If you wanna whack yourself, that’s your business. If want to take down our heroes & protectors with you, that’s all of our business. God bless & protect our officers from anyone seeking to do them harm.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 3:25 pm
  • Why did Hillsbrough County S.O. respond to Hernando County (Brooksville Jurisdiction) to assist. I know of mutual aid, but it does not sound right. Unless there is a bomb threat then I guess they would call the Tampa Bay regional bomb squad which is predominately made of Hillsborough/Tampa law enforcement. The article did not read anything about a bomb though.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 1:38 pm
    • N/A please tell me where hillsborough county s.o. is mentioned in either article on this tragedy. I’ve even enlarged the pictures to look for them. NOWHERE DOES EITHER ARTICLE MENTION HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY S.O.! NOWHERE IN PICTURES/VIDEO DID I SEE HILLSBOROUGH COUNTY S.O.! Brooksville p.d. and Hernando s.o. are only ones mentioned.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 7:42 pm
  • I counted 34 shots, Seems one good shot could have disabled the sick woman. It gave me Vietnam flash backs. How many shots did she fire ???. What was left of the house. More info please.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 10:39 am
  • well said K.L.G. …………. Le it be known I am not taking (any) side here but!!! DAM! Cmon! We stand together every DAM day of our lives together all of us @ the local Dunkies! Cirkle- K whatever, Soccer fields etc. etc.I am not an officer so there’s NO way i can see through your Lense, ( note: i get this much…… that I wouldn’t want to be you and do your job today, wow! )
    but brothers and sisters in law enforcement, don’t do that to your fellow citizen if there’s less lethal, way please! by the way I could see if 1, 2, 3, people are armed and WHOLE different situation but this whole thing just made me SAD! I’m done……. cause i’m sad…………peace!

Sunday, 20 August 2017, 11:46 pm
  • UMMMMMMMMMMMMM…… OK…………GUESS I GO 1ST, all that hit’s me is lot’s
    of questions? either way the video seems like VERY EXCESSIVE!! this coming from someone who has /is praying for all of our Law Enforcement Officers, the hate against our LEO’S MUST STOP! but………………..If this is all i know that it looks to me like a woman was having a bad day, ( suicidal ) ??? is it possible via what your in tell was?? that as she exited could have used a barrage of rubber bullets and maybe tear gas? (she gonna drop that shotgun) watched video. x-times seems a-lotta juice, and she’s still here? it’s a MIRACLE! HAPPY FOR THE OUTCOME, and dam! peace and goodwill to all my fellow Americans!

Sunday, 20 August 2017, 11:28 pm
  • Why were so many shots fired I wonder? Anyone else that watched this think it was also? Knowing she was trying to do suicide by cop, a few shots and she should have been down. Glad LEO are ok. Hopefully the woman gets the help she needs.

Sunday, 20 August 2017, 10:32 pm
    • KLG, I’m not an expert but do have relatives work for police. She was inside her house pointing gun out door. They need to cover any leo trying to get closer to her so leo does not gey shot. It’s a distraction to draw fire away from leo trying to get nearer to house to find another way in to disarm her or tske her down. Prayers for her recovery from ALL illnesses and for leo who is now going thru a shooting review and his personal vision of the day.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 8:33 am
    • That’s a good question. I wonder if they need more marksman training.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 10:23 am
    • Become a cop then you will know why !

Monday, 21 August 2017, 11:21 am
    • KLG, yes stupid ridiculous amount overdone reply of shot’s, is just me or does look like leo’s are (applying) some training from the range? commented twice on 8-20, but the only comment i’m seeing is yours, tom, where’s comments?

Monday, 21 August 2017, 2:02 pm
    • KLG, possibly leo was trying to give coverage to a leo member who was trying to get a vantage point closer to her so they could get control of her or the gun. It’s a distraction method known to be used. Prayers go out to this woman. Prayers also for leo involved in shooting – he has to deal with his tragedy too. And he has to deal with internal affairs investigation.

Monday, 21 August 2017, 3:35 pm