Driver Makes Fatal Decision to Pass Multiple Vehicles

SPRING HILL – Yesterday, RNRF reported news of a horrific crash on Anderson Snow Road that claimed the life of one person. The Florida Highway Patrol has now released a preliminary report and identified the deceased as 22-year-old Scott Dennison of Masaryktown.

According to officials, at approximately 4:45 p.m. Dennison was driving his 1994 Honda Civic southbound, near Oak Chase Blvd. As he approached a curve in the roadway, Dennison attempted to pass several vehicles in a no-passing zone. As a result, Dennison lost control of his vehicle and collided with a 2014 Toyota Tundra, driven by 32-year-old Joshua Delbridge of Spring Hill. Delbridge sustained serious injuries and was transported to Bayonet Point Hospital for treatment. Dennison sustained fatal injuries and died at the scene. Officials say Dennison was not wearing a seatbelt and alcohol has not been ruled out as a contributing factor.

Two other vehicles; a 2003 Ford Mustang and a 2000 Honda Civic sustained minor damage in the collision but none of the occupants were injured.

Several witness accounts suggest that Dennison was traveling at a high rate of speed just before the collision occurred, but officials have not confirmed those reports.

Sources say Dennison has not been the same since the loss of his close friend, 22-year-old Christopher Falter Jr.  Falter died last October after crashing his motorcycle on the Suncoast Parkway in Pasco County.

ORIGINAL REPORT

death 1 death 2 death 4 death 5 death 8 last

Comments
  • I drive a ws6 sports car, I admit ive done stupid stuff and i have passed people. But this is crazy id never break the rules of the road this bad or disrespect other drivers on the road. its sad just plain sad.

Tuesday, 26 January 2016, 9:24 pm
  • @Bolt…sorry to embarrass you by having a legitimate career…to be honest you’re simply pure amusement to anyone that reads your post and has more than 2nd grade reading comprehension. @Can Truth be told?… I’m glad that you got a Webster’s dictionary for Christmas. How about waking one up when you’re done with one’s gibberish. @Concerned resident of Hernando County…You’re correct in one thing only… I am not “yoy a real nurse.” I am a registered nurse that just so happens to work in a hospital. And for “yoy” information…a nurse, is a nurse, regardless of employment. A person becomes a nurse due to their education…something you obviously know little about! @amazing…only thing that made sense in your post was your name, but unfortunately you left off the last part… the part that included, amazing and stupid citizen. Now, as you put it, “bad or good,” how about making a difference in your own life? A great start would be when you one day realize that in order for you to gain even a wee bit of knowledge, you first need to complete middle school…instead of relying on this “sight” for your knowledge. BTW…the word is site, short for website…and you’re very welcome!

Sunday, 24 January 2016, 12:00 am
  • Oh…ok Gomer backwards redneck…now go tend to your grits…

Wednesday, 20 January 2016, 12:04 pm
  • Spring Hill Nurse you dont know that. Your assuming that and there are us citizens here in Hernando County that want to know what is going on in our community, bad or good. We learn from this sight and because of this knowledge we can try and make a difference in our community.

Wednesday, 20 January 2016, 1:19 am
  • Disgusting, ugly, and judgemental souls.

Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 1:11 pm
  • Boschump, at least it wasn’t a stupid roll over comment!

Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 5:26 am
  • @Springhill Nurse, yes we all know you are not a real nurse. SMDH. “Acting as a nurse in someones office” doesn’t make yoy a real nurse. Leave Tom alone. I have had my differences with him but he does a great job.

Tuesday, 19 January 2016, 12:39 am
  • What a waste….thank GOD no one else got killed by his stupid decision….I know truth hurts…rip kid…

Monday, 18 January 2016, 1:23 pm
  • @grace they call it NEWS for a reason. whack job!!!

Monday, 18 January 2016, 10:59 am
  • “sen·sa·tion·al·ize” = “(especially of a newspaper) present information about (something) in a way that provokes public interest and excitement, at the expense of accuracy.”

Is this story sensationalized?
    And, of course, you’re only reading this because Tom decided to run a business where you can easily see the local news online. So he’s getting paid for his service . . . what world are you living in? Perhaps one should look at the **accuracy** of the (multitude of) news items one ponders — that’ll be sure to wake one up to the world we live in.

Monday, 18 January 2016, 8:51 am
  • pls dont embarass one of the best professions by your post.. spring hill n…. wrong.. . meet him and know he cares.. one m btw..

Monday, 18 January 2016, 8:44 am
  • I agree with Josh’s mom as I have read everything. That truck was there for a reason. Mother’s with 3 young children just before the accident and a new mother with a 2 week old. So far that is 7 children plus the mother’s that did not get hurt. Josh has an angel that made sure he was there when he needed to be. Being a mother of 3 and disabled myself from an accident 5 yrs ago in Tampa from someone else not paying attention. I will always be grateful my kids were never with me. As I have been in two accidents in my years of driving neither was I at fault but at the same time both was after I dropped my kids off at school or daycare for the one that happened over 10 yrs ago. I am grateful to be here but it has changed my life and its not easy. The only way to get through accidents is forgive the one’s that made a mistake. But the lorddefinitely had his angels working on his side that day. My thoughts and prayers are with all those involved and I hope a speedy recovery for Josh with no problems ahead.
    Love what you do and keeping us informed Tom.

Monday, 18 January 2016, 3:23 am
  • At 22 years old you know better BUT you think it can’t happen to you. One take away from this is that maybe some kids his age will learn from this young man’s fatal mistake. This should remind us all to not be in such a hurry.

Monday, 18 January 2016, 2:58 am
  • Grace I agree completely…this is why I very rarely view this website. This website is for the financial gain of Mr.Lemmons, all while sensationalizing someones loss.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 11:19 pm
  • A horrific wreck, unfortunately a poor decision has changed many lives forever, some for an eternity. We need to focus on the human element here, this wasn’t caused by anything other than a poor decision, as unfortunate as it is. The state, county, city, roadway services, or anyone else isn’t to blame here. R.I.P.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 8:43 pm
  • To everyone that has somehow been affected by this accident that became a tragedy for the Dennison family. I am Josh’s mother, and I agree with the sentiment’s left by Josh’s Father and sister. They said it beautifully. I would like to take a moment to add something to that.

I cannot convey the pain we felt not knowing whether Josh had survived. I surely thought I would die. Having lost my mother on New Years Eve, my emotions got the best of me. Just as I questioned why ? with Mom, I wondered why would God would allow such a thing. After things calmed down I had time to think. While I am not a devoutly religious person, the events of the last few weeks leading up to the accident have made me think about God more frequently. I now believe the reason God took my Mother was he knew Josh needed someone looking over him. I also believe that Josh happened to be there at that exact moment. He was less than 30 seconds from turning into the subdivision where he and his wife had closed that same day on there new home. 30 seconds! Think about that.

Josh was there for a reason. He was there with that big ole truck and an angel on his shoulder. I want to believe that he was there to save the lives of those behind him, the mother with the 2 week old baby, the young man directly behind him in a small car. There was a purpose for him being there.

To the parents of Scott, we don’t know what the reason was that this happened to your son and it is difficult to see through the pain right now. Someone said earlier he was a kind soul. He made a tragic mistake that cost him his life. But someday you may know why. Perhaps by bringing attention to safer driving will save some other young persons life. I am sure in time you will know. I am praying for you and your family.

Sincerely, Cindee D.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 7:00 pm
  • My prayers for both families.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 6:09 pm
  • You would also have to put a YOUR AN IDIOT BUTTON too….LOL

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 4:47 pm
  • Excellent thoughts and comments here. Tom, wish that your comments section had a thumbs up/thumbs down button or Like/Dislike button!

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 1:39 pm
  • WOODY,God will just judge you by your own stance

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 11:41 am
  • then why not drive into a stone wall rather than an innocent vehicle? selfish suicide strikes once again. or jump off a building. or shoot yourself. jump in front of a train. did i miss any?

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 11:25 am
  • Correction: your son

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 11:08 am
  • Grace, please shut up!!!! You are truly taking this out of context. You just want to be heard obviously.
    Ron, that was a very heart warming post. Hope your on I Ok and thank God his injuries were not as severe.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 11:06 am
  • Mr Delbridge, you are a gentleman. I would like to think I would be half as eloquent as you in a similar circumstance. I hope this wasnt suicide. Maybe just a young man that made a young man mistake. Far too many of our younger people do not respect what comes with driving a vehicle. Please put your phone down, keep eyes up and lets all drive safer. A life depends on it.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 8:31 am
  • Local law enforcement has cleverly disguised autos that blend with traffic. Why not saturate the roads known to crack down on the idiots driving like fools. I only drive spring hill drive twice a day but see multiable jerks driving insanely. The IDIOT on Anderson snow got what he wanted, God may accept him but I won’t.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 6:51 am
  • Ron well said so very sorry for everyone it was a dumb thing to speed who of us has never done that I know I have at one time or another done that, and by the Grace of God I am still here so we must be very careful not to judge others. My husband and I were on that road going to Applebees we leave near 4:30 but we left early that day at 4:10 so I am so blessed God’s timing for us that day or we very well could have been right there. On our way home we went to take that road home but the police had it blocked off and we had to take 589 back home to Spring Hill Exit, my husband I saw from parkway the total devastation that was there if you saw it you would have cried as I did. It was the worse accident I ever saw pieces of a car it is a site I will never forget. And we knew, we knew the person driving that car would not have made it out alive.Just let us pray for that family and all the families that have been affected it truly was very sad. My prayers and heart felt condolences to everyone so very very sorry for your pain Carolyn Spring Hill

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 2:01 am
  • Thanks Tom for reporting things as you do. You do a better job than most.

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 1:29 am
  • @Ron Delbridge,
    You sir, are to be applauded for your kind & compassionate comment. Thank you!
    Prayers for you, your son & the rest of your family. 🙂

To the family of Scott, my prayers are with you. I’m so sorry for your loss. 🙁

@It is what it is….I’m guessing that you meant disturbed, NOT “distributed”,
    in fact, you misspelled it not once, but twice.
    1. “he was distributed by the loss”
    2.”If you say he was distributed over the loss of a friend then it sounds”
    (smh)

Sunday, 17 January 2016, 12:46 am
  • Is it really a he said she said thing young kid though he could make the pass and couldn’t. Sorry for his family’s loss. But let’s not say he was distributed by the loss of a friend and that calls for bad judgement. If you say he was distributed over the loss of a friend then it sounds as he did it with intent which I hope that’s not the case. Lets just say kids now days don’t drive worth a crap and don’t relize there little cars aren’t as fast as they think. Again sorry to the family that loss there child and sorry to the person who hit them in surenthats not something they want to live with.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:26 pm
  • Well spoken sir.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 9:51 pm
  • Mr. Dennison i have no remorse for you I hope you look down or up where ever you are now and see your stupid decision put someone innocent in the hospital! Let this be a lesson for you other young speeders and wreckless drivers.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 9:36 pm
  • I believe anyone that disagrees with Ron statement and compassion, could not possibly have children of their own. Ron you have a lot of heart by not speaking ill of this child who put your son in the hospital God blesses people like you. Jesus would say the same in your shoes. Forgiveness is what matters and will take you and your family to the afterlife. Continue to pray for those who speak negatively against Scott.if Scott came back,would he be sorry?sorry for a moment of bad judgement? Of course he [email protected] good news is he won’t be around to do it again??keep that unchristian like comment to yourself.shame on you

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 9:01 pm
  • After reading these comments, I’m crying. God bless you, Mr. Delbridge. A true inspiration. My condolences to Scotts family.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 8:39 pm
  • Ron Delbridge…you sir are a class act. Spoken like a sound loving father. I have been in your shoes TWICE last year with my 22 yr old daughter being nailed in what would have been life threatening, near fatal accidents. She was t-bone in her DRIVER’S door down on Little Rd at 55mph by another young adult female driving a large SUV, who had looked down to p/u her subway sandwich. Given the age of the other young woman, I would have guessed she was texting or otherwise engaged on her cell phone. I stated this to the insurance company and they clarified it was because of the sandwich, as it was all over the console, and the driver’s seat/area.
    Getting back to my daughter, I have no doubt there was an angel on that door of her car. She was driving a 2004 VOLVO, and that door was pushed up right next to her arm and stopped there. The front grill of that SUV, was right in her face literally as all the glass was gone. She had a roommate that hit the windshield in the front passenger seat DESPITE THE SEAT BELT as she was very tall. The car spun out in the intersection. My daughter had the green light with the arrow and was turning left when this girl blew through her red light coming from my daughter’s left side. Fortunately there happened to be a FL Hwy patrolman at that intersection when it happened. The car immediately filled with smoke, and her roommate jumped out, but my daughter was trapped inside by her seat beat. Her seat had also been wedge up to the steering wheel pinning her as well. The FL patrolman jumped in and cut her seat belt and pulled her to safety from the passenger side as the drivers door was wedged shut from being pushed in. This car from the high impact had a broken frame, all the wheels snapped off, all the glass shattered, and the entire front-end damaged and fell apart. But she was alive and taken by ambulance to the local hospital in the area. She is with me today because it was a VOLVO, and because she had angels on that door no doubt. The trooper also said no doubt about it, that she was lucky to be alive, that if that had been an American made car it would have split in half from the impact. Well one week later, I witnessed the very same scenario on Hwy 19 when an elderly couple in a Ford Taurus turned in front of a large (and speeding) SUV that t-boned them in the exact same manner but on the passenger side. And sure enough they were killed instantly, as that Taurus was split completely in half wide open. THAT hit home in a powerful way how very lucky, and blessed I was to still have my daughter. I believe in God, and I believe in angels. I showed the pics of that horrific accident to my daughter so she never forgets how short and fragile life is. She’s a different person now, and is much more careful. She truly is the poster child for a VOLVO accident.
    I pray for a speedy and uncomplicated recovery for your son, and that he and his wife can move on with their lives in peace and not in pain. I pray that he does not become a permanent victim of this nightmare with residual complicated medical issues. I wish him godspeed…
    Thanks for a very inspiring post. Very well said.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 5:10 pm
  • @Ron Delbridge aka DADDY

Thank you for sharing our entire family’s sentiments and grief so eloquently as we continue to thank God for Josh’s safety and pray for EVERY individual and family this tragedy has shaken.

And yes, to those who commented that Mr. Delbridge is an amazing person and father…. HE IS! We are blessed to have his leadership and love. We love you Dad.

Thank you all for your blessings and compassion.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 5:02 pm
  • Very thoughtful Mr delbridge.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 4:30 pm
  • @Mr. Delbridge, what a wonderful world it would be if everyone had the compassion that you have, thank you and we all need to learn from this gentleman’s post.You are an inspiration. God bless you and your family.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 4:13 pm
  • If he intended to take his own life, which is only speculation, Why take others with you.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 4:12 pm
  • Ron, you are an amazing person, and I would guess a great father. Thank You for an inspiring post.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 3:48 pm
  • Meth tends to do that.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 3:29 pm
  • @Ron Delbridge, you are one of the most sane, compassionate people in this world. You have inspired me to be kinder.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 3:13 pm
  • Feel sorry for his family but not him. He chose to drive with no regard for his life or others. Couldve been any one of our friends or family he took out. I dont care what issues he was having, its NO EXCUSE to drive the way he was.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 2:21 pm
  • To Scott’s family I am the Father of Joshua Delbridge (the driver of the pickup truck) please accept our deepest sympathy for the loss of you son. While I will be forever grateful that my son was not hurt worse as a loving father I can only imagine what you must be going through. However, as I express my condolences it is not without concern for the collateral damage we cause to those around us when we or one of our own have temporary lapses in judgement, I’m sure the that if you are the kind of parents that we are this is not what any of us want for our children. For those of us that want to pass judgement, one only has to look as far as the mirror to help make our world and community a better place if one chooses to do so. A phrase I read in an article titled “An Interview With God About Human Kind” or something like this and I do not remember the author. God was asked about one of his concerns for the human race and the reply was something like this, “THEY LIVE THEIR LIVES LIKE THEY ARE NEVER GOING TO DIE, YET THEY DIE LIKE THEY HAVE NEVER LIVED.” As a parent myself on the other side of the street or curve if you will in this instance, I’d like to kindly ask that you respect the family of Scott during this time of need. I’m sure without a doubt they did not ask for this. You see had I been on other side of the curve at Anderson Snow Road I know how I would feel. How would you feel? My family was fortunate and blessed last night our son we love so much got to finish their dream for now and move into the brand new home they just closed on yesterday with his new wife of one year. While I am not a resident of Spring Hill as I listened to family and friends of Joshua and his new wife talk last night about rumors of the excitement of some of our youth street racing on this curvy road, Hope I said that right,”our youth.” I’d appeal to community leaders if there is truly an issue with Anderson Snow Road? How do you fix it? Can there be speed control bumps installed or something of the like? My heart goes out to those like the woman above in
    fear for her two year old baby, because you see they are always our babies no matter how old they are even if its 22 or soon to be 32. God Bless in this time of need those for this needless loss.

Sincerely,
    Ron Delbridge

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 2:15 pm
  • I think they should show the body unblurred. Maybe it will make someone think twice before pulling a stunt like this. This “wonderful young man” endangered many good lives. What if it was a small car with kids in it he hit instead of a big truck. I’m glad he only killed himself and that he is no longer here to do it again. Stupid kills.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 2:00 pm
  • Does anyone know how the gentleman is doing that was brought into the hospital ?

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 1:36 pm
  • Tom lemons does a excellent unbiased job of keeping everyone in our area up to date with area news good and bad and should not be attacked. You would think with all the accidents he reports and photos he posts that people would slow the ___ down and drive more cautiously. Obviously this person was close to you grace but not close enough that you didn’t reach out to them and possibly prevent this. He very easily could have killed that man, the true victim here, or worse a whole family!!!! The driver of the truck has to live with the choices your friend or relative made for him.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 1:28 pm
  • Great reporting Tom, you cant please everyone.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 1:00 pm
  • Glad he didn’t kill anyone else. This “wonderful young man” endangered a lot of lives pulling this stupid crap. What if he didn’t hit a full size truck and killed a car load of kids? They should show him lying there unblurred and maybe scare someone into not driving like a moron. Good news is he won’t be around to do it again.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:37 pm
  • A car is a weapon,drive safely ,dont drink and drive obet the rules of the road ,its a privelage to drive,dont ruin it for others.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:23 pm
  • I think Scott intended to crash and end his life. For him to try to start a fight shortly before his suicide speaks volumes about his state of mind. I feel sorry for the families involved.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:19 pm
  • Stop calling this an accident. This individual made the decision(adults have to make decisions and live with them my friends..) to drive like a lunatic. Now he has injured an innocent in the process. Now the victim of this poor decision has to suffer through pain, financial loss and possible physical impairment. NO sympathy is felt here for this inconsiderate, reckless driver…just disgust.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:10 pm
  • Revise that I was the car behind the black one.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:10 pm
  • I was one car behind the black one and driving with my 2 week old baby. If I hadn’t swerved out of the way we would’ve been in the accident too. I am sad he lost his life but he did it to himself. I am grateful we had an angel watching out for us. There is no reason to drive like that I shouldn’t have had my baby girls life flash before my eyes because of someone’s stupidity!!!!!!!

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:09 pm
  • The loss of a life is always tragic. More so when it’s lost in a way that was completely preventable. Roadways have speed limits, roadways are lined to indicate when passing is and is not allowed. Racing on public streets, passing when prohibited and other sorts of reckless driving place all on the road, in danger.

Try to have some compassion too, for the various persons who have to respond to such horrific scenes. They are highly trained men and women, but I am sure they never become accustomed to the sights they must deal with.

Better to be late to arrive somewhere, than not arrive at all.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 12:06 pm
  • Holy cow. My husband and I saw Scott nearly get into an altercation with someone a little over an hour before we saw this crash posted on here. He got out of his car and was very angry at the person in front of us. Then he was speeding down spring hill Dr and almost hit several people. I feel so bad for him and his family.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:49 am
  • People attempt to build excuses for stupidity. This driver could have taken out a lot of innocent folks with his reckless driving. He showed no respect for other drivers and did manage to put an innocent person in the hospital. Hopefully some youthful drivers will learn from this, I doubt it, but maybe….

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:48 am
  • So sad he recklessly loss his life, but also very grateful he didn’t take others with him!

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:36 am
  • Wondering what he was in such a hurry to get to, making that assinine move – passing on a curve??? Double yellow line??? WTF??? Paid with his life. What an F’in mess!

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:28 am
  • Very terrible accident, prayers for the family. Everyone should read the article correctly. Although this is terrible the article clearly states they were NOT brothers.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:20 am
  • Prayers to the familys involved. RIP Scott

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:20 am
  • Really!?! U need to post a pic of him lying there and blur out his body? For what? And say that alcohol has not been ruled out? A wonderful young man is now gone and you guys are exploiting his passing for the sake of a story.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:13 am
  • Please delete the paragraph stating he was not the same since the passing of his friend. That has nothing to do with him losing his life. He was one of the most gentle and kind hearted souls I gave ever known. If you knew Scott, you would know.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:08 am
  • To the family,
    I am so sorry for your tragic loss. My heart breaks for your family and the loss of two of your children so close together. You will be in my prayers may God and your angels stand in your shadow and lend you their strength through your greif.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:04 am
  • R.I.P Prayers to the families involved

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 11:03 am
  • I past by this just after it happened, SPEED KILLS,. This has to be the absolutely worst place I’ve ever lived in for auto accidents Passing in a no passing zone only invites outcomes like this, I’m sorry for all involved.

Saturday, 16 January 2016, 10:59 am