Driver Walks Away from Catastrophic Motorcycle Crash

SPRING HILL – With the mangled wreckage of an almost unrecognizable sports bike lying on Spring Hill Drive, one would question how anyone could have survived. But the driver of motorcycle not only survived, he got up and walked to the side of the roadway, according to witnesses.

Just before 9:00 a.m. a two vehicle accident occurred just west of Mariner Blvd on Spring Hill Drive, involving the motorcycle and a Honda Accord.

The male driver of the motorcycle sustained possible head injury but he was conscious and breathing, when paramedics arrived on the scene. He was transported locally for treatment. The driver of the Honda was not injured.

The Florida Highway Patrol is on scene, investigating the cause of the crash.

moto 1 moto 2 moto 3

Interior Large copy

Comments
  • Chris, I am glad you are okay. Unfortunately all bikers have a shadow cast upon them due to the guys blowing down SH Drive or US19 going 75 to 90 mph. It is not fair and brings the common assumptions, but I am glad that you were able to get out of such an accident without a much worse injury. I am sure someone speeding excessively would not have had the same outcome.

Monday, 22 February 2016, 11:17 pm
  • First of all, Chris, So glad you are OK, It just wasn`t your time… Also to the rest of the bikers out there, you can think or say whatever you please. I have been driving my own bike for over 40 years and I never leave my house without asking Him to ride with me and keep me safe and He has…

Monday, 22 February 2016, 12:38 am
  • Fork ed tongue lmao, thought the same thing. I too am glad the biker is okay and i thank him for his service to our country.

Sunday, 21 February 2016, 10:09 pm
  • Food, you have more crap happen to you, or your full of ****! Glad the biker is ok and thank you for your service.

Sunday, 21 February 2016, 6:44 pm
  • he must of had JESUS riding with him cause if not he would be dead man let me tell you all something about JESUS my wife and I and son were headed up north last year it was raining a guy wrecked his bike with a school bus following me not too far behind wrong move smash he was laying on the road he was helped up by some men I feel holy ghost with a possible broken leg and shoulder I got a witness out there he began dancing giving GOD the praise while it was pouring down rain folks wet GOD did 2 things that day he opened eyes of passing by drivers and healed a man that was hurt never say or think GOD aint real he is

Sunday, 21 February 2016, 6:05 pm
  • Thank you everyone for sticking up for me. Everyone has their own assumptions and opinions, but if you don’t know the facts maybe you should go ahead and hold onto them. I am thankful and very lucky to walk away from this accident. It just goes to show you how fast life can throw you a curve ball. To the lady in the car I hope you and your daughter are doing okay I know how traumatic it was for you guys. I’ll be okay bones and scrapes heal. I thank God everyday for letting have a second chance to return to home to my wife and kiddos.

Sunday, 21 February 2016, 9:32 am
  • @boschump someone should bitch slap you idiot.

Saturday, 20 February 2016, 10:16 am
  • Yes he did have a Angel watching over…
    We lost a beautiful Angel last year in almost the same spot.who was hit by a drunk 81year old driver..
    We love and miss him very much
    Rip my sweet John Canna
    Keep all bikers safe in this area watch over them….

Saturday, 20 February 2016, 6:19 am
  • I’m glad everyone has an opinion about what the “biker” did wrong. Well I can tell you that my family member was not at fault. He was struck by a car driven by someone who was not paying attention. So no, he wasn’t “riding like an idiot” and he isn’t a “20-something year old crotch rocket cowboy”. Yes, we do believe that God was on his side today. We are very thankful he was able to walk away from this with injuries that will heal in time. And thankfully the dog was ok.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 9:31 pm
  • Melisa are you kidding me lol of course there fine there in a caged in car Fuck the biker right lol wow… Incase you didn’t know if you run over a biker it can be attempted man slaughter if you go after on its murder I ride daily IDK what happened but I bet they were on the phone not paying attention… Oh I didn’t see them bullshit gtfoh with that you can hear us see us and you know Florida is year round daily riding open your ears and eyes there’s been 14 bikes gone down this week alone in the bay area 4 of those were fatal I know each ride can be my last one but I still hop on every morning and start my day. Sure glad your friend and kid and dog are fine sure but I’m glad the biker walked away he’s one lucky sob and I owe him a beer

Friday, 19 February 2016, 8:45 pm
  • HE HAD A VERY GOOD ANGEL RIGHT THERE MY BROTHER IN LAW PASSED AWAY LAST YEAR IN THE SAME SPOT JSUT ABOUT!!!

Friday, 19 February 2016, 8:13 pm
  • I was with the motorcyclists until the paramedics took over. He DID have on a full helmet, with face shield. He was shaken up, but coherent. I do not understand the reason for all the above assumptions, and allegations. Thanks should go to the medical offices in the area that responded immediately after the accident. It was a bad accident, that had the best outcome considering.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 8:11 pm
  • Glad he is ok Jennifer and thank him for his service, Thank his family as well as they sacrifice a lot when their loved serves his country.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 7:43 pm
  • No one knows except the driver or witnesses. No need to jump to assumptions. Luckily everyone walks away with a lesson learned and only things that can be easily replaced. I always wore a helmet cam when I had my bike. I had a lady and an independent witness aka her friend in another car give FHP a full detailed report how I drove into her vehicles driver side but on the cam video you clearly tell she moves into my lane with out paying attention. She got the citation and her insurance paid for the damage to my bike that I listed on craigslist soon there after but with out the video Im sure I would of been eating the damage costs and had points.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 6:55 pm
  • You all assume too much, he is not a 20 something year old kid, he is family man, who just got out of military after serving over seas many times in Afghanistan fighting for your freedom, and he was not at fault, vehicle pulled out in front of him, get your facts straight before u assume!

Friday, 19 February 2016, 6:32 pm
  • I guess the twenty something got a break….maybe next time….dumb ass crotch rocket cowboy…

Friday, 19 February 2016, 5:58 pm
  • I’m not sure, but were you there to witness the crash ? I ride a sports bike, and I’m here to tell you that this sort of damage could happen at 30 miles an hour or less. Not everyone who rides, does it being an a**hole. We are usually VERY defensive drivers due to the idiots who do not pay attention.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 5:44 pm
  • Does anyone know who the biker was?

Friday, 19 February 2016, 5:25 pm
  • He’s damn lucky. Learn your lesson biker n get a car cause you won’t get another chance at life like that.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 4:37 pm
  • He had a angle on this shoulder. Say your prays daily for this is a gift. Roll safe fellow biker.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 3:14 pm
  • If you don’t believe in God you better now! Thank u ?

Friday, 19 February 2016, 2:01 pm
  • It states 9:00 am js…

Friday, 19 February 2016, 1:28 pm
  • I don’t see “pm” anywhere in that article.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 12:07 pm
  • The damage to the bike is indicative of speeding, learn a lesson rider, you got your one gift. To the others, you won’t learn from this so go ahead and ride like a idiot and get yours one day.

Friday, 19 February 2016, 11:49 am
  • So happy my friend and her daughter and dog are ok… Horrible for them….

Friday, 19 February 2016, 11:39 am