Drug Bust Could Have Turned Deadly for Detectives – Handgun within Suspect’s Reach
BROOKSVILLE – On Thursday, Hernando County Sheriff’s Office Vice and Narcotics Detectives conducted a traffic stop on a Ford F-150 at the intersection of Cort ez Blvd and Don Jr. Ave.
According to officials, investigators made contact with the driver, 33-year-old Alfred Joseph Grabowski Jr., who appeared nervous and was sweating profusely. Strapped in a car seat next to Grabowski, was a small child, later identified as Grabowski’s eight-month old son.
During their investigation, detectives noticed glass pipe inside the vehicle, commonly used for smoking illegal drugs. Grabowski was asked to exit the vehicle, so they could continue their investigation. As he exited, detectives noticed a handgun tucked in the side of the driver’s door.
K-9 searched the vehicle and discovered a large amount of illegal narcotics. The following items were located inside the vehicle:
– Three clear baggies with a crystal-like substance that later tested positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the substance was 114.35 grams.
– One clear plastic baggie containing a crystal-like substance that later tested positive for methamphetamine. The total weight of the substance was 1.73 grams.
– 13 red pills – later identified as Oxymorphone Hydrochloride 10MG. The total weight of the substance was 2.85 grams.
– 116.5 white pills – later identified as Hydromorphone Hydrochloride 8MG. The total weight of the substance was 23.21 grams.
– 16 white pills – later identified as Alprazolam 2MG. The total weight of the substance was 1.79 grams.
– Two digital scales
– One clear glass smoking pipe.
– $2,142 in U.S. Currency.
Officials say the pills were all packed for distribution.
As a result of the investigation, Grabowski was charged with Trafficking in Methamphetamine and Hydromorphone, Possession and Sales of a Controlled Substance, and Possession of a Structure used in Sales or Manufacturing of a Controlled Substance.
Grabowski was booked into the Hernando County Jail and held on a $132,000 bond. Less than 24 hours later, Grabowski posted that bond.
The child was turned over to his mother.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. ™2013 – 2015 Real News Real Fast, Inc.