Drunken Man’s Search for Ex-Girlfriend’s “Acquaintance” Leads to Burglary Charge

BROOKSVILLE – A Spring Hill man is behind bars today, after an evening of heavy drinking led to a burglary attempt at a residence on Fernwood Drive.

According to Brooksville Police, Officers responded to 780 Fernwood Drive around 1:00 a.m. Tuesday, where they located 29-year-old Chad Alexander Sutherland standing in the driveway, covered in blood.

Officials say an intoxicated Sutherland broke through the screened pool enclosure and began yelling for “Jason,” stating that he was going to hurt him. Sutherland then proceeded to smash a glass sliding door, resulting in several deep lacerations all over Sutherland’s body.

Officers made contact with Sutherland who resisted their attempts to detain him but he was eventually placed into custody.

The occupants, which included two adults and an infant, barricaded themselves in a bedroom and called 911 during the incident.

During an interview, Sutherland told Police that he was searching or a male acquaintance of his ex-girlfriend at a nearby apartment complex.

Due to Sutherland’s injuries, he was transported to a local hospital for treatment before being booked into the Hernando County Jail.

Sutherland is charged with one count of Burglary of an Occupied Dwelling and is held on a $15,000 bond.

utherland

Comments
  • Quite well

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:17 pm
  • Glad to hear a new town has aquired a village idiot, but, Tony appears to be filling in quick well during your absence.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 5:16 pm
  • I did…so glad I left stink hill….hemorrhoid county for that matter…comish I’m glad I left…

Friday, 20 May 2016, 3:19 pm
  • right on comish. I’m down in Pompano right now , Spring Hill is sleepy time compared to this place.

Friday, 20 May 2016, 10:54 am
  • Im gonna be at karmas. Wearing a cowboy hat n getting drunk on alkyhol. You drug addicts. Come talk realist poop.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 8:37 pm
  • I too agree that dedicated pot smokers are a mellow bunch. I think there are only 2 things that really upset them Either running out of food, or running out of pot. Not saying they won’t get a little tense if they happen to run out of both at the same time! Especially if they’re still straight enough to notice. At least that was my personal experience “back in the day”.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 7:33 pm
  • There is just as much crime in any other city across America with the same population and socioeconomic situation. The only difference is That we have a rock star local news reporter That brings us all of this information Immediately. If you don’t like Spring Hill or Hernando County Just leave And don’t let the door hit you Where the good Lord split you.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:45 pm
  • Dear Realist.
    Forty years ago, when I was studying psychology, I would have fought you tooth and nail on your hypothesis. Today, however, after reading true reports from medical professionals instead of hysterical propaganda from the who’s who in the “war against drugs” debacle, I have to agree with you about marijuana.
    Now, before everyone goes all ape-s***, and claims I’m promoting all drug use, that’s not what I said!! I said marijuana, pot, weed; not heroin or cocaine, or spice, or LSD, etc., just pot!! It’s proven to relieve pain, anxiety, and multiple other symptoms for ILL people without turning them into the obnoxious asses that alcohol creates. Additionally, ladies and gents, I do not partake of the weed because I don’t like the taste and I don’t like smoke! I do like a drink every now and then but I’m not an addict. I can leave my drug (booze) on the table and ask someone else to drive, if I feel buzzed.
    Yes, people, alcohol is a drug!! A drug people party with, toast with, and too often maime and kill with because, well, it’s legal!!! Like “Realist,” I’ve never read a single report of someone going on a spree and killing anything except bags of chips and cartons of soda on a pot high!!
    These are just my opinions, and an agreement with “Realist’s” opinions, so feel free to have at us. I too welcome educated debates.

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:32 pm
  • Realist, I agree with your theory even though I gave up everything except the hair and the music a long time ago. I don’t recall anytimes when smoking pot that I ever became angry about anything. I believe it should be legalized!

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:25 pm
  • what a dip sh*t

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 5:06 am
  • First off, I don’t smoke pot like I did when i was younger. Other than a few times I toked with my mom before she died from cancer, I really haven’t smoked more for at least 7-8 years. That being said…

Stories like this continue to poke at the ration & logic part of my brain that just cannot fathom how one drug can be sold and taxes (sometimes as cheap as a dollar or two) at just about every store in this country, from has stations to grocery stores, with a stupidity level of 1,000,000 attached to it, more deaths and crimes linked to it than I care to count, and just a general cause of problems on a regular basis… Yes, I’m talking about ALCOHOL!
    Now, on the flipside, a naturally grown drug like marijuana has been proven time and time again to be a huge proponent in battling several illnesses, syndromes, and other conditions, has yet to be legalized and people still to this day are battling to keep it from being made legal. Wrap your head around that. What is the crime or death toll that has been racked up as a result of marijuana use in comparison to alcohol? Crimes, maybe some, but nothing anywhere near the alcohol related incidents, and even in those instances, it’s probably just idiots who would have committed the same crimes whether or not they had smoked out. As for the deaths linked to smoking pot, I’ve still YET to come across one.
    Now, I’m not out campaigning for the legalization of marijuana or anything, but damn, our county is so ****** UP that they’ll continue to sell alcohol because they have a proven taxation system that has been in place since the end of prohibition, although this stuff is the cause of so much chaos. Yet pot, because it would take a little bit of effort to keep full tax and production control and in some cases, not have any control at all, the leaders of our so called FREE WORLD refuse to allow this plant to become legal, thus replacing a lot of people who choose to drink as means catch a mind altering buzz/high with marijuana which usually makes people lazy and crave potato chips…
    When looking at the scales of justice in my mind, pot on one side and alcohol on the other, it seems to me there wouldn’t be a question of which one SHOULD be legal and sold at stores across the country. Yet the world we live in is dictated by idiots that would rather see shit like this above instance happen on a regular basis instead.
    Imagine if this guy had smoked a joint instead of getting wasted on Grandpa’s cough medicine. He may have ended up culling on his couch with a soda and some munchies, contemplating which girl or girls he’s going to consider in replacing his girlfriend instead of wandering around in a drunken stupor, breaking into some poor families home, causing a bunch of damage he can’t/won’t pay (so they’ll have to), looking for some aquantence of his girlfriend that obviously either lived somewhere else or doesn’t even exist at all!
    I try to be humorous about an incident that I’m actually appalled by only to see if I can manage to spark some higher thinking from people out there that are so against this ideology. Truly think about how much sense this would make and leave a comment. (Or if you disagree, let me know please, although I’ve yet to hear a valid argument against this idea in principal.)

Thanks for reading. Further comments to come via TheRealist on RNRF … let’s just hope it’s isn’t achieved by more crimes like the above being committed!

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 3:49 am
  • Frangible hollow points for sure, would of made Swiss cheese out of this moron at my house !!!!!

Thursday, 19 May 2016, 2:09 am
  • What a idiot! That poor child should not have had to witness this idiot being belingerant

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 11:46 pm
  • why no criminal mischief ?
    Vandalism? etc etc. I can go on and on.
    Tack on the charges and let the guy plea bargain with the state attorney dont hit him
    with burglary only.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 9:34 pm
  • Way to go Chad….lol….there’s a chair at a meeting with your name on it…

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 9:24 pm
  • Some dude, yelling about hurting anyone, breaks through my sliding glass door, covered in blood at 1am..he wouldn’t be around to tell the story… and that’s that.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 7:00 pm
  • The people in the house shouldnt have barricaded themselves in the bedroom. They should have gone outside and attacked the guy. Why would they let him destroy their home. Now they will be paying a huge bill for repairs.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 6:58 pm
  • Go home… Than the Yankees for expanding the gene pool. If you didn’t marry you sister, you actually might be able to spell!

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 6:31 pm
  • Yes indeedybob, praise the Lord, this ole boy just had a little bit too much to drink. Thank the Lord he didn’t get that $2,000 bond. Keeping it clean.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 5:42 pm
  • Good job hcso

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 4:55 pm
  • To bad the homeowner didn’t have a gun and shot him

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 4:36 pm
  • Another moron!????

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 4:08 pm
  • Next time bust-a-cap!

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 2:58 pm
  • I really hate to say this because I live here too but there seems to be an awful lot of crime and automobile accidents here in Hernando County and this is only what’s being reported here at Tom’s site, What’s going on, Why is there so much crime, I thought this area would be such a nice place to live when I had my home built. The are only 3 good things about Florida and number one is no snow to shovel, # 2 being low property taxes and # 3 no state income tax. The not so good and the first being Health care,, second being the education system is lacking if one has children in school. Sink holes, intense lightning storms and down pours, bugs and lawn care, high crime, poor roadway construction, not enough street lights at night, no sidewalks to walk safely and too many driveways along shopping areas that are too close together making it confusing which adds to the accidents.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 2:47 pm
    • cuz all the low lifes from New York end up here cuz they rather be lazy,drug addicted alcoholic scumbags in the heat then in the fricken cold.

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 5:19 pm
  • Another useless loser for the area

Wednesday, 18 May 2016, 2:22 pm