Early Morning Pursuit Ends in Spring Hill, Pasco’s Target of the Month in Custody

SPRING HILL – One of Pasco County’s “Target of the Month” was taken into custody early this morning in Spring Hill, but not without leading deputies on a pursuit that started in Pasco County and ended in Hernando County.

According to reports, Pasco County Deputies attempted to apprehend 27-year-old Kody Ryan Stamper in the area of Monteverde Drive, when Stamper fled from deputies and headed towards Hernando County. Deputies deployed stop sticks, which caused damage to the vehicle’s tires, but Stamper refused to end the pursuit.

Hernando County Deputies joined the now slow speed pursuit, which finally came to an end at an address on Orchard Way.

Stamper was taken into custody and booked into the Hernando County Jail on charges of Fleeing and Eluding, Grand Theft Auto, and Driving on a Suspended License. Stamper is held without bond at this time.

In an unrelated incident, RNRF captured video of Hernando County Sheriff’s Deputies conducting a felony traffic stop late last night, on what was believed to be a stolen vehicle. The driver pulled over at the corner of Deltona Blvd and Heidi Lane, and cooperated fully with deputies commands. Turns out, the female driver was the registered owner of the vehicle. Click Here to Watch Video

ctole-car-1 car-stole-2 stamper

Comments
  • Well said Paul Nunya, law abiding citizen myself and now every time I see a deputy I gringe. Wasn’t the way I was raised or raised my children, we had a little song we sang, the policeman is my friend, not so much so anymore, yes they have a dangerous job and some do it well, but how do you know which is the good one or the overzealous one? FEEL SORRY FOR THE POOR GIRL !!!! What happened to may I see your license , registration and proof of insurance? Never been stopped, just watch a lot of cop shows.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 5:58 pm
  • Give ’em h*lll Chuck, this poor girl needs to DEMAND an apology from them for forgetting about the “protect and serve” moto that they hold so close to their holster, I mean hearts, and for the mental bs they put her through. It’s called ACCOUNTABILITY, This “asking for” an apology wouldn’t cut it. And for those who worry about harassment there are other internal department(s) that keep the over zealous, power hungry, self obsorbed, egotiscal individuals in check. I know what most of you are thinking, here we go with another d*ckhead that has something against LEO’s, but I don’t. The problem I do have, If someone agregiously makes a serious mistake, which this is, at their work place we don’t get paid time off, and we sure don’t get to remain employed. The individual, not the entire entity, should be held accountable instead that person(s) will receive some counselling and a paid vacation during their administrative leave while that family carries on with their lives as if nothing has ever happened, meanwhile this poor girl will feel compelled to lift her shirt, drops to their knees, and piss herself ever time she drives by a nation wide convenient store chain, or a donut shop (sorry I had to do it). ACCOUNTABILITY…

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 4:29 pm
  • WHY wasn’t this dirt bag piece of useless crap just not shot in lieu of putting other folks at risk

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 3:32 am
  • Amen Chuck?

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 2:02 am
  • Wow kody worked for me at one point. Sad to see anyone doing things like this.

Sunday, 18 September 2016, 1:01 am
  • Hey retailMike how would you feel if that happened to you. You would most likely be the first whine box to make a public outcry. So maybe you should be quiet.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 10:47 pm
  • The second one, I’ve had this happen to me when I was driving a relatives car. Why in the hell was the dog even allowed around that car? That is how HCSO works and violates peoples rights!!!!! Totally unconstitutional!! Jerks.

Thank you for catching this on tape and please follow up on it.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 10:32 pm
  • Mistakes happen is right…a “mistake” cost me 40 days ten of which were constant physical sexual and mental abuse. Physical abuse left me disabled and the other abuse left me a different man…broken with PTSD. The apology for the “tragic mistake” seemed useless. So..
    Never judge

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 10:24 pm
  • WOW Retail mike take a chill pill. Chuck is right on, except I wouldn’t demand an apology, could be bad news for doing that. Have a nice night now ya hear.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 10:13 pm
  • Shut up

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 8:52 pm
  • What LED these officers to believe this was a stolen vehicle did they not run the tag let’s be a little bit more specific about why the traffic stop was conducted to begin with and then to find out is the registered owner of the vehicle. These deputies have access to information that we as a public do not have. If they entered the appropriate information the traffic stop never should have been initiated and that poor person exposed to the humiliation of being treated like a common Criminal when it was not warranted. I can’t help but think once again the sheriff’s department is overzealous in its ability to properly enforce our laws. If I was that young lady treated the way I was I would have demanded an apology for something that never should have happened to begin with.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 8:30 pm
  • He drove on the flat tires. Then through the woods. Then tried to run but k9 took him down. The bad guys always have the best looking cars. Me I just have an old battleship.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 7:51 pm
  • lol same thing happened to me as 2nd one. only thing i was booked until i was cleared. terrible experience.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 7:32 pm
  • Stamper= dumb***!!!!

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 5:45 pm
  • Damn I have known kody for ten years. He’s gone downhill. Tried to save him, maybe this time he will straighten up. Love ya kody.

Saturday, 17 September 2016, 5:15 pm