Easter Day Fire Damages Home, Displaces Family of Five

SPRING HILL – An early morning fire damaged a home at the intersection of County Line Road and Fountain Court, displacing a family of five.

Fire officials have not released a statement at this time but sources say the Red Cross has been dispatched to assist two adults and three children.

A vehicle housed inside the garage was completely destroyed but it is unknown if that is where the fire began.

There are no reports of injuries at this time

We will bring more on this story as more information comes available.

Comments
  • My question is how can you own a house and not have insurance. The bank requires it. They bought this house in 2011 for 149,000, I would think that they got a loan for some of it.

Thursday, 20 April 2017, 2:47 pm
  • Was the fire electrical? I had a holiday built home with elec fire a few yrs back because of a faulty circuit breaker

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 3:05 pm
    • Yes holiday builders water heater exploded and main braker popped first then cars went up in flames with it starting with the truck

Monday, 17 April 2017, 5:03 pm
  • Is there a way we can help meet the needs of the family?

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 12:47 pm
    • You can contact the Mom directly by email or text to 352 346 1114. She is a friend so I have permission to put this out there. Thank you in advance.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 2:26 pm
      • Sorry, by calling or texting. Her name is Edith. Again, thank you.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 2:50 pm
    • Hi yes my number is 352 346 1114 Edith Gonzalez Rodriguez started a go fund me page on my face book need money to relocate fast and need vehicle to be able to be mobile again with my kids staying in motel for now till tomorrow but we check out at 10 am and dont know or have money to go anywhere after that.

Monday, 17 April 2017, 4:53 pm
  • Is there any help that the Family needs at this time? My Family would like to help in there is a need. Thank you and God Bless this Family.
    My FB info is Nichole Rogers, email [email protected]

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 11:55 am
    • Me too
      I can help. Please let me know

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 10:30 pm

Monday, 17 April 2017, 4:52 pm
    • Hello Nicole my name is Edith the mom and family in this fire we are ok thank god. If anyone can help would greatly be appreciated. Did start a go fund me page well my 10 year old did. IF you would like to contact me directly 352 346 1114 cell phone. Thanks. Anyone can find me on Facebook too.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 11:09 pm
  • Prayers and blessings for all involved.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 11:38 am
  • I hope Pasco county fire dept sent a fire truck the Pasco station is about 3 blocks from that house fire on the Spring hill side of county line rd. Some fire depts would not respond to a fire out of county.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 10:16 am
    • Most fire dept have an automatic mutual aid agreement for such cases. Trucks and manpower wold be dispatched by closest fire station regardless of politically drawn boundary lines.

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 11:53 am
    • no only hernando responded it took them over 30min to respond

Sunday, 16 April 2017, 9:34 pm
      • OMG…WHY so damn long?? UNBELIEVABLE !!

Monday, 17 April 2017, 12:09 am
      • If that really happened that Pasco was not called to that fire that would be an outrage. Something needs to be changed for the next time. Before someone dies because a really close fire engine was not called because they are on the Pasco side not Hernando side. Maybe the reason could be if that station was out on a call also which is possible with all the brush fires going on.

Monday, 17 April 2017, 2:07 pm
      • Jamed: your life must be moving very slowly, no way it took 30 mins to respond or the entire house would have been gutted.

Monday, 17 April 2017, 3:12 pm
    • 20 min first on the phone with 911 then 30 min later they showed up after 50 minutes total before they showed up to put fire out and yes only the hernando county fire department was who all came and yes there are tons of fires so took what felt like forever now my home is a total loss and no insurance for cars or home. Need new home and new cars then our stuff can be replaced after that. Right now being mobile and somewhere to sleep is critical. For me and the kids. Go fund me page on face book is up for all who want to donate.

Monday, 17 April 2017, 5:01 pm
      • Sorry for your loss Edith, but there’s no way it took that long. Tom, can you please, please get the record of the response time so this fallacy can be corrected? Again Edith, prayers for you, just trying to correct a common misconception.

Tuesday, 18 April 2017, 1:19 pm