EDITORIAL: Can you Handle the Truth?! Attacks May Bring an End to RNRF

EDITORIAL: By Tom Lemons

If you haven’t noticed by now, Journalists and Reporters have joined the ranks of Lawyers and Judges as being the most hated and least trusted professionals in America. On one side you have the Main Stream Media, like CNN, MSNBC, and CBS who pander to the whims of political correctness and exude unambiguous disdain for all-things Conservative, especially for their arch nemesis, President Donald Trump. On the other side you have FOX News and a handful of popular radio hosts who refuse to join the anti-trump train and lean more towards Conservative values.

Locally, RNRF has fallen into the category of “Trump Like” media, not because we publish right-wing opinionated articles or even claim to be an overtly conservative publication, but because we aren’t afraid to speak the truth, no matter whose toes we step on. Well, that journalistic integrity can sometimes lead to boycotts, defamation campaigns, harassing emails, phone call, texts, and in some cases public assaults. But what is more disturbing, is when politicians, government officials, and anyone with influence and deep pockets, abuse their power, in an effort to silence a “pesky reporter” for doing their job. But that’s exactly what this lone reporter and owner of the controversial RNRF is experiencing today, and unfortunately, it’s beginning to take its toll.

It all started around 2015, when RNRF began receiving several complaints from women who stayed at Dawn Center, a local “non-profit” domestic violence facility. Complaints ranged from drug abuse, thefts, violence, child abuse, prostitution, fraud, and even roach and rodent infestations. But every time RNRF inquired about the issues with administrators, they never returned our calls. We attempted to contact Dawn Center Board members like, President Sheriff Al Nienhuis, Rep. Blaise Ingoglia, and more recently, Commissioner John Allocco’s wife, board member, Randi Allocco, but they all refused to respond. RELATED ARTICLE

For the last two years, RNRF gathered evidence from the Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence, which proved nearly everything that was being alleged by women and former employees of Dawn Center. But even after presenting the evidence to administrators again, we still received no response. What we did receive was a barrage of social media attacks, slander campaigns, harassing emails and even an interrogation of a former domestic violence victim.

Last year, former occupant Ashley Weider stood in front of the Board of County Commissioners, where she revealed all the previously mentioned allegations and named Sheriff Al Nienhuis as the “Ring Leader.” That infuriated Nienhuis, which prompted an unsolicited visit by one of his cronies, Detective Shawn Galarza, who interrogated Weider for nearly an hour, with the sole intent of trying to find out who sent her to speak out against the Sheriff. Galarza said, not verbatim, If Tom Lemons or County Commissioner Steve Champion put you up to this? And if you are lying, we will have to take you to jail. (Follow this link for audio of that shocking interview).

But that’s not all, inside the Dawn Center facility there is a large poster of me [Tom Lemons], warning occupants that I am dangerous and to contact the Sheriff’s Office if they ever see me in the area. Despite my former attorney’s demands to remove the poster, Dawn Center Administrators, and Board Members, which includes Sheriff Nienhuis, the requests went unanswered and the poster remains today.

Prior to having knowledge of Rep. Blaise Ingoglia’s close affiliation with Dawn Center, who also happens to be the Chairman of the Florida Republican Party, RNRF and Ingoglia scheduled a private meeting to discuss a $250,000 investment opportunity to help grow RNRF. I met with Ingoglia at his associate’s office, and Marilyn Pearson-Adams of Century 21 Alliance Realty, on August 15th to discuss the terms of our potential agreement. Unfortunately, the context of our “confidential” discussion had nothing to do with investment; instead, it was nothing more than threats and intimidation, that If I didn’t stop investigating Dawn Center and the Sheriff, my business would suffer the consiquences. The meeting ended shortly after I refused and explained that I could not be ‘Bought.” And boy did I pay the price.

Over the last two years, RNRF’s advertisers have been subjected to numerous anonymous calls from associates of Dawn Center, who claim I [Tom Lemons] has a history of “beating women,” and that they should immediately stop advertising with RNRF. Some took heed to their warning and others didn’t. They go on to suggest that I am convicted felon, which I am most certianly not. The “divorce” history is a private situation that snowballed into criminal charges, nearly 10 years ago. I will be discussing those very personal and heartbreaking experiences in my monthly newsletter, which is available with a paid subscription. The details of the RNRF Newsletter are forthcoming.

But the situation is getting much worse and in their desperation to prevent exposure of their alleged unethical and criminal activity, the powers-that-be have kicked their efforts up a few notches.

I have a very good relationship with dozens of local law enforcement officers. For the most part, they respect the job I do, and I have great respect for their daily sacrifices. Because of that close comradery, many of them share information with me about personal problems, complaints about the Sheriff, and more recently, warnings that I “should watch my back.” Not 100% sure if that warning meant I should beware of physical attacks or if they might be conjuring false criminal allegations. Well, it turns out, at least for now, that a contrived criminal charge might be in the works. I don’t want to reveal the details of what those allegations might be, because it could jeopardize the integrity of my sources, but I’ve contacted the appropriate State and Federal Law Enforcement agencies to make them aware of the situation. So, don’t be surprised if a mugshot of Tom Lemons appears on your local news channel in the near future – let’s hope not.

Many of you already know that my son is facing a homicide charge for an incident that occurred a few years ago in Brooksville. I’ve been advised not to discuss any of the details of that case and I intend on abiding by recommendation, however, there is one element of the situation that I must divulge at this time because I believe it is clear evidence that Sheriff Al Nienhuis is abusing his power, in an attempt to hurt my family for exposing his iniquitous behavior. Again, I will go into more detail during next month’s RNRF Newsletter. One thing to keep in mind about my son’s charges, there is and has never been a similar case tried in Hernando, Florida, or anywhere in the United States – It is completely circumstantial. Here are some details into the allegations against Dawn Center and Sheriff Al Nienhuis. (Follow this story for more details)

For the last decade, RNRF has reported unadulterated, uncensored, uncontrolled news to the citizens of Hernando, Pasco, and Citrus Counties. We have paid a heavy price for being the only news source to tell the truth but we think the public deserves it, regardless of the suffering we endure. We have always depended solely on advertising revenue to cover operation expenses but because of the boycott efforts prescribed and executed by Neinhuis and his political associates, RNRF has suffered financial loss that could bring an end to RNRF.

We have never asked our viewers to contribute, but because we have grown to become one of the largest news sources in our region, we now must ask our viewers to step up and help RNRF hurdle our adversaries – those who want to bring an end to transparency.

If you want to support your fastest and most dependable local news source, please consider and annual subscription of at least $24.00 per year. Otherwise out local government and political power brokers will force you to follow their “state run media,” making Real News, Old News.

PLEASE FOLLOW THIS LINK TO CONTRIBUTE and as a bonus your will receive our monthly Newsletter that will contain editorials, images, videos, and a much more.

Thank you for your continued support.

If you would like more information on how to advertise with RNRF or discuss investment opportunities, please email me at [email protected]

Comments
  • Sorry sir I meant to say Tom on my previous post not Thomas my bad!!! Anyway stay in pursuit of the truth brother you’re going to be fine!!!

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 11:26 am
    • My bad? Oh God Surfadude thinks he’s 15yrs old. Listen dude your not riding the waves in California with long blond hair and hot you are exactly the opposite ok dude?

Saturday, 10 February 2018, 4:46 pm
  • Thomas I told you in an earlier post as long as you have a pure agenda in your heart to Simply report news and facts the best of your ability based on what is given to you and you have no ulterior motives of any kind which I don’t believe you do I’m always an optimist in any case as I tell you all the time the truth will set you free keep pursuing the truth and you are going to be just fine sir keep picking yourself up dust in yourself off keep pounding amen??? ????

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 11:24 am
  • Victor Lewis so very well said sir very well said spot on the truth the whole truth nothing but the truth it is written in the scriptures in the last days the truth will be so distorted in reversed Twisted you name it that no one will know right and wrong almost to a point you’re so correct that good is now evil and evil is now good it’s all part of the agenda the good Lord God Almighty in the name of Jesus is going to fix it this we know is true my fellow believer and believers as for the rest of it yes doesn’t matter Republican or Democrat there’s corruption and Evil on both sides I trust nothing anymore barely anything at all the one thing I definitely trust is almighty God in his word that is the Difference Maker and therein lies the true hope that we all have which of the senses what Hope and Faith is all about God bless all of my American brother’s and sister’s posting here on this site peace 2 all

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 11:23 am
  • Just the fact that the powers-that-be won’t grant you a fair and balanced rebuttal is suspect to say the least.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:35 pm
  • Our darling of a “local” sheriff just so happens to be a graduate of the FBI. You need more than $24.00 a year to hurdle that obstacle. Good luck brother!

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:32 pm
    • Ah yes, the traditionally liberal FBI. Maybe this is just a Clinton led conspiracy against this publication

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:06 pm
    • Also business school you know where they study numbers so that they can hide a million here and a million there and then the other corrupt officials can take a bite of the pie too. That badge gives him something can hide behind and that is brilliant to tell you the truth BUT there always that one person has a conscience and the walls come tumbling down.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 1:34 pm
  • All the best to you Tom. I do take exception to the inference that Fox News in an honest broker…. The personal friendship between Trump and A few Fox personalities make it more like state run media.

Blaise Ignolia is nothing more that a swindling poker player on a power grab.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 6:50 pm
    • Would someone answer me one question?
      Why would a Successful, Professional Poker Player
      live in Spring Hill Florida?

Are there High Stakes Games Here?
      (just a thought)

Monday, 5 February 2018, 8:28 pm
    • Just like Obama and cnn ect ❄

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 2:48 pm
  • Just think about how bad your president is hated for trying to drain the swamp. its easier said then done. Light always repells darkness, its getting very dark out there, in a time when good is evil and evil is good. I pray God exposes corruption in our government from the white house down to my house. Having done all to stand, Stand, stand and fight eph. 6,13

Monday, 5 February 2018, 6:37 pm
    • Our president is The Swamp. He’s a life-long con man, a master salesman. Look at his picks for anything, they are the Swamp as well. He certainly is not stupid.

He knows his policies are bad for us, bad for Americans; yet he pursues them because he will make lots of cash.

He has businesses, hotels around the world, he KNOWS that other countries live better than we do, have better healthcare, protections for workers, better wages, higher upward mobility, etc.

He and the uber rich class are getting rich because they somehow fool people into thinking they are Christian and get people to buy into myths like VooDoo econ.

The rich get richer in the other countries that are beating us. Why do Trump’s sheep hate America?

People “hate” Trump, not because he’s “draining the swamp”, but because he is the swamp, pulling off his biggest con job yet.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 2:52 pm
      • Very well said, and I agree 100 percent!
        However, I also have to add, I HATE HILLARY CLINTON, she is just as bad as Trump!
        I hope we have better choices next election in 2020!

@Tom Lemons – Why should we help you protect YOUR 1st amendment rights when YOU DON’T PROTECT OURS?!
        You delete our comments that you don’t agree with. There is a whole FB page dedicated to the way you delete our comments because said comments are about you (mostly). There are screenshots of those comments before you had a chance to delete them while waiting on moderators approval (that would be YOU)!!!

Wednesday, 7 February 2018, 11:48 am
      • Omg that is the most ignorant rambling i’ve ever heard! Wake up! Obama’s cronies (the Clintons) have committed more crimes against the American people it’s disgusting!! Why are u so mad about people like trump making money as they do? Isn’t that what America is all about? You are just mad because you are not as wealthy and you jump on the bandwagon with all the liberals and blame trump! Stupid! You are in charge of YOUR destiny. You are also stupid for saying other countries have better healthcare and job opportunities. Wth are u talking about? What countries?? If that’s the case take your UNGRATEFUL liberal ass and live there I hear Haiti is nice!!!

Thursday, 8 February 2018, 6:44 pm
  • Tom, continue forward. Hold you head up high. Some people can’t stand to hear the truth, or are ashamed of what they did. You only publish what is given to you. Do they think you pull the articles out of the air. I am behind you 100%. Love reading RNRF.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 5:09 pm
  • Tom,
    There is no way for you to change the “Swamp” or the “Deep State” that exists in Hernando County.
    They will eventually put you out of business. It is a sad state of affairs, but so true. We recommend you stick to accidents, arrests and the good things that happen in the county.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 4:01 pm
    • There is no “deep state”

Now we do haha a few goog ole boys though

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:08 pm
  • Unfortunately, we live in a whole different world today…Everything seems to revolve around dividing and destroying….Anytime anyone voices anything or in your case reports things, it’s like an invitation for conflication on opinion, conflict and negativity….it’s everywhere, just listen to people, watch the news….all in all, our world is not what it used to be (not that it’s ever been perfect) just not to the level it is now 🙁

Monday, 5 February 2018, 2:29 pm
    • Tom, you screwed me for a story that was full of lies

Monday, 5 February 2018, 2:55 pm
      • Tom, do you want to hear about what happened to me and my illegal arrest and false imprisionment, I have a absolute horrific treatment by the cops that really doesn’t sound true and my story has NOT changed for almost 3 months and I will take a poly, you have my email address write me down your phone #

Monday, 5 February 2018, 3:19 pm
  • Hernando county would be a better place . If Blaze Gus and Al where tarred and feathered and kicked out of the county .

Monday, 5 February 2018, 1:54 pm
  • Tom,Please respond to this.Please call FDLE in Tallahassee and Tampa field office and tell them whats going on.(Do not use the local brooksville fdle field office.)They are the cops above the cops and do actual internal affairs on sheriffs themselves and departments.They are a state agency.Please make a complaint asap and also make a complaint to the fbi.They deal with this also,but please do Fdle first.They hold the certifications of all law enf.officers in florida and cant strip the certification in a second and arrest a police officer or sheriff.I know all of this for fact.If you need help,email me.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 12:35 pm
  • You people referring to the President as a liar and a moron…. you do realize that elements of our federal gov has been engaged in a criminal conspiracy to rig a national election, and our national media is actively assisting to try and sweep it under the rug, and all you can do is call anyone who disagrees with you a moron or stupid or whatever. You clearly delegate your critical thinking to others so why on earth do you care if RNRF stays in business? Is it just so you have a venue with which to further post poorly structured, mindless, irrelevant comments? BTW, for the professor who wrote that Trump lies 80% of the time, name one.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 11:33 am
    • Mexico is paying for the wall

Monday, 5 February 2018, 11:04 pm
    • LOL, nice.

Well there’s his tax plan, he lied about that. Healthcare he just lied about universal care, MAGA with the Hoover plan (he’s too smart to believe that);here’s some quotes for your “independent mind” (ROTFLMAO)

Before the presidential campaign, “I didn’t know Steve (Bannon).” Terrorism and terrorist attacks in the United States and Europe have “gotten to a point where it’s not even being reported.””If Russia, or some other entity, was hacking, why did the White House wait so long to act? Why did they only complain after Hillary lost?”There was “serious voter fraud” in Virginia. “won the popular vote if you deduct the millions of people who voted illegally.”Says that at a campaign rally President Barack Obama “spent so much time screaming at a protester, and frankly it was a disgrace.”

Just a quick sample. The man rarely tells the truth, and his sheep consistently believe every word

So I guess you have to ask yourself why you believe him when there is zero evidence supporting any of his policies.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 12:16 pm
      • You kids should watch something other than maddow and colbert to get some sort of balance in your lives.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 1:47 pm
        • You should worry more about the sheep voting in leaders who hate America, hate learning about what is best for us, but thanks for pretending to care.

Tuesday, 6 February 2018, 2:34 pm
  • I have read all the comments about the sheriff’s office and strongly concur with the vendetta idea. Personally, I enjoy and am thankful for Tom’s reporting. Really tired of all the attacks on him for trying to inform us of trouble brewing in the county. For those in law enforcement trying to be honest GOD BLESS YOU. Please help keep Tom and truth safe. Help protect FREEDOM in our county and the right to know.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:11 am
  • Tom, can you set it up where my donation is recurring monthly?

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:08 am
    • P.S. Should have added the only recurring option was 4.00

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:10 am
  • Tom, will your RNRF still be available on line like it is now, or will it only be available in the newsletter you speak of?

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:02 am
  • Hi Tom, thank you for your hard work. I appreciate the work that you do, not because I have some reason to not like certain people, but because I appreciate the “art” of investigative journalism. It is the proactive nature of investigative journalism that many outlets lack in simply “reporting” the news. People support investigative journalism up to the point that it uncovers some negative aspect of someone they know or do business with. Suddenly, people are offended. Neutrality is a long lost concept, but the ability to see both sides of a single event is where the truth is usually discovered, albeit, sometimes it is an ugly truth. Still, I value knowing the finer details of stories that often go unreported or glossed over in mainstream media before I make up my own mind. Again, thank you for all that you do.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:56 am
  • Stand fast Tom Lemons…we need you! #TakeOutTheTrash

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:46 am
  • Great work! I became a paid member.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:32 am
  • Blaise Ingoglia is a corrupt, bought-and-paid-for politician. Hernando County has got to be the most backwards place I have EVER lived. I have been on the inside, and have seen how the sausage is made in this county.

Once upon a time, I thought that Blaise was a good person, with noble intentions. 3 years ago, I opened my eyes, and saw the truth. Until Blaise, and his fellow corrupt cronies, are kicked out of power, and (ideally) put behind bars, nothing will change around here.

Honest, well-intentioned citizens stand no chance of bringing REAL change, REAL reform, and justness to our local government, so long as the powers-that-be, remain entrenched.

That’s the God’s honest truth, folks. The people have to rise up, and take down those in charge; otherwise, it will never be a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. It will simply be a government of the elites, by the elites, and against the peasants.

Period.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 8:27 am
  • Tom, Your doing an amazing job and I only hope and pray that you can continue doing what you do best. I Agree 100 percent that there is a lot of shady things going on in Hernando county. Dont allow them to bully you Tom. Only problem is once they dislike you then you will have no peace in your life. Once they have it out for in this county they have it out for you for life. Please do not give up Tom us in the community need you. GOD BLESS YOU.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 3:09 am
    • 2051- Tracy washed up the last of the supper dishes, sudging off the food remains. Above the sink loomed a large picture of the founder of the Tom Center. Her hot pink heels click clacked on the floor and she scuttled between the cocarochas and rodents. She wrung out the dishrag and carefully hung it on the rung of the stove. Time for telebreak. In the den the other women were already gathered, lounging about, waiting for the programmes to begin. Tina, clad in powder blue lingerie, was hurriedly mopping up a section of the floor. Rachel, wearing orange lace, was digging under the sofa cushions, hoping to find leftovers from the Easter Egg Hunt from the day before. Shh shh, the programme is starting. Pro Tipsy campaigns, clips of how the chicken feed and moon gas zombies had almost been succesfully repurposed. No more projectile vomiting from the route 66 and monkey dust zombies in the complete spectrum of slurpee colours. No more homeless, there was the Tom Center for that, at least for one gender.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 8:26 am
  • Don’t let them run you out of town! I live in Pasco, but do most of my business in Hernando.. Have lived there but glad I don’t anymore. But I have family and friends that do. I want to know what is going on where I live and do business and travel the roads. And for the safety of me and my family and friends, we need to know and be aware of what is going on around our community. Spring Hill is not what it used to be when I raised my daughter there from kindergarten to High School. We got out of there in her last year of high school, and she finished up the year there. I could tell our neighborhood was going to the dogs then. Glad we got out of there when we did. Our old neighborhood is now nothing but a drug infested place now. I will definitely support you and your work. Thank you for what you do. And may you and your family be safe.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 1:31 am
    • Yeah because Pasco is sooooooo much better. Lol

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:46 pm
  • Don’t let them get to you, Tom. You’re doing a great service to the community.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 12:22 am
  • Dude, you have got to be kidding. Trump lies 80% of the time. Fact, even Fox is sick of the guy.

The Sheriff is a good man. I disagree with his NRA support (anti common sense gun laws). But overall he is a good person, and tries to do the best he can. He’s running an underfunded agency and has lots of nut jobs to account for.

Couldn’t get past the first paragraph bc of the extreme political BS.

Facts are the only enemy of the GOP. Screaming fake news works for the sheep.

I’ve met you before. You are a good person, just very misguided by your preconceived notions.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:43 pm
      • Thanks, I hope you stay in business. I appreciate our sheriff, my interactions with him were limited. Other than that weird galarza tape, I don’t see any grounds for corruption claims. I believe him to be a good man in a tough job.

I understand you are in the same position, telling the truth, but a majority of your market is brainwashed by the Trump people. You have to generate ratings.

I actually thought I was kinda an a-hole, but, again, you are generous in your statements.

Thank you, Tom, wish you all the best.

Monday, 5 February 2018, 12:17 am
    • Talk about someone who is misguided…

Monday, 5 February 2018, 3:03 am
  • Do you have a weekly paper, or monthly? If so where can I buy it? Do you mail them out?
    I’m not originally from Brooksville but worked for DOC until I was disabled. I appreciate your honesty and not altering the news to fit certain egos. Keep up the good work.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:35 pm
  • Your stories make me feel safer in our country! Please don’t let the bullies get you down, Tom! I’ll donate, it’s a cheap price for the truth.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:31 pm
  • The “deep state” lies not only in Washington, D. C. It is in EVERY political world.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:25 pm
  • I’ll support…where do I send the check?

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:23 pm
  • If all it takes is a few advertisers leave and some negative “attacks” that no one really noticed, to put you out of business, you never really had a sustainable business model.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 11:01 pm
      • Tom, Release the names of the companies that stopped supporting you a we all should BOYCOTT these businesses

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:27 am
          • Wow, throwing advertisers under the bus because they chose to end their business relationship with you? That will definitely make other sponsors want to give you money! Good business strategy

Monday, 5 February 2018, 10:09 am
  • Please
    what County residents didn’t realize is that we are living in a dird world country encapsulated inside Hernando County Florida.
    If you’re not “with” the sheriff and his cronies you are the enemy! You are to be maligned! You are to be discredited! By the time they’re done with you you will need to be in the burn unit of a local hospital from being chapped so badly.
    We are not in communist Russia and I can tell you this living in this County, you might as well be. All I can tell you is Tom watch . back, have your immediate family watch their backs.
    You have to weigh what is more important? Your life and your future with your family or calling out the sheriff and his minions believe me nobody in this County is fooled.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:45 pm
  • Truth hurts and people don’t like the truth. So tired of the politically correct thing. Thank you for speaking the truth and keep up the good work.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:38 pm
  • Great work Tom keep it up!

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:37 pm
  • They hate the truth and if you expose them and there corrupt ass kisser your in trouble keep up the good work too

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:19 pm
  • tom, you do a great service to the community by bringing us news and I am personally thankful. Hats off to hernandos one man reporting army. Thank you, brother

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:03 pm
  • Just aligning yourself with the Fox News side of things, you lost me. Fox news is registered as an entertainment entity, not news. I haven’t noticed yours being trump-like, I have to say. I dont use email.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:00 pm
    • It’s a god damn comparison. He isn’t saying he IS Fox news. Go watch MSNBC, moron.

Sunday, 4 February 2018, 10:28 pm
    • I’m surprised you know how to read. Most leberal a$$wipes aren’t capable of learning, just being led by the nose to the Welfare line

Monday, 5 February 2018, 7:32 am
      • Lmao…you should maybe learn how to spell! Just sayin’

Monday, 5 February 2018, 9:47 am